Marvel Darth Vader vs Mister Sinister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Powerful Sith vs Powerful Mutant

Galan007
Don't know much about Sinister aside from his haxx HF.

What defenses does he have against Vader's TK?

golem370
He has a force field and he can teleport he has mind control & telekinetc powes too.

Galan007
Shielding is irrelevant, as everything within the shield is still made up of the Force... Which Vader can expertly control.

I know Sinister has uber TP -- that might be an option for him here. Vader's TP prowess, while extremely formidable, probably isn't up to par with Sinister's... Especially post-Legends.

What level of TK does Sinister possess? That is, after all, Vader's bread and butter.

Surtur
Sinister is a damn beast and I was going to say he stomps, but then I realized this says "Marvel" Vader and I have no idea how strong he is supposed to be.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Shielding is irrelevant, as everything within the shield is still made up of the Force... Which Vader can expertly control.

I know Sinister has uber TP -- that might be an option for him here. Vader's TP prowess, while extremely formidable, probably isn't up to par with Sinister's... Especially post-Legends.

What level of TK does Sinister possess? That is, after all, Vader's bread and butter.
Sinister has uber TP and physical stats. He was taking the combined attacks of the X-Men (Havok, Dazzler, Ms. Marvel Rogue, Colossus, Storm) and X-Factor (Beast, Iceman, Archangel) all the while mindr@ping Jean Grey with Psylocke unable to stop him. He was fighting on two fronts (physical and mental) simultaneously. Much later it was revealed that he was just toying with them.

He destroys Vader.

Galan007
Yeah, he should be able to telepathically dominate Vader, then. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Sinister has uber TP and physical stats. He was taking the combined attacks of the X-Men (Havok, Dazzler, Ms. Marvel Rogue, Colossus, Storm) and X-Factor (Beast, Iceman, Archangel) all the while mindr@ping Jean Grey with Psylocke unable to stop him. He was fighting on two fronts (physical and mental) simultaneously. Much later it was revealed that he was just toying with them.

He destroys Vader.

And people think Manchesnut Black has a chance.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, he should be able to telepathically dominate Vader, then. thumb up
Just to add a little more fuel tot he fire. He was destroying Jean's memories, Psylocke was crapping herself:
http://s13.postimg.org/6oavtad03/Mr_Sinister_smash.png

leonidas
he's one of marvel's top 5 psi's. i don't think vader could keep him out tp wise. to the best of my knowldege i don't recall anyone ever mindraping vader though. galan? it would be tough to put sinister down regardless, though he does have some lesser showings to suggest vader could take him out physically. he'd have a chance if he could avoid getting psionically crushed....

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
he's one of marvel's top 5 psi's. i don't think vader could keep him out tp wise. to the best of my knowldege i don't recall anyone ever mindraping vader though. galan? it would be tough to put sinister down regardless, though he does have some lesser showings to suggest vader could take him out physically. he'd have a chance if he could avoid getting psionically crushed.... If we're just talking post-Legends, then Vader hasn't been mind-phucked yet. If we're talking ALL canon, then yes, Palpatine himself mind-phucked Vader back in the SotE novelization.

zopzop
he's one of marvel's top 5 psi's.
Not to mention being STUPENDOUSLY durable. Here he is laughing off a bloodlusted Havok, he even has his back turned to him :
http://s17.postimg.org/korcw10x7/havoksinister.jpg

carthage
If he can regen at the atomic level he can resist Vader's TK, and Vader has strong willpower but if we're applying TP resistance to comics it comes down to TP resistance feats as opposed to willpower like in SW debates. Essex mindrapes him and gets a new henchmen.

krisblaze
Originally posted by zopzop

He destroys Vader.

Absurd outlier though and not at all consistent with his later portrayals.

StiltmanFTW
Non-jobbing Sinister is a force to be reckoned with.

Versatile as ****, powerful... Apocalypse-lite, basically.

Vader had his hands full with a poor man's Grievous... laughing out loud

staxamillion
sinister

StiltmanFTW
he's one of marvel's top 5 psi's.

According to which writer?

And who are other 4?

leonidas
don't recall the writer, but i assume xavier, emma, then mix in jean/rachel/nates/quentin however you want i guess. he has def been portrayed above jean and emma though, and even hung with nate (x-man) so...top 5 is definitely where he is imo. discounting phoenixes and legions i assume. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
don't recall the writer, but i assume xavier, emma, then mix in jean/rachel/nates/quentin however you want i guess. he has def been portrayed above jean and emma though, and even hung with nate (x-man) so...top 5 is definitely where he is imo. discounting phoenixes and legions i assume. /shrug

What about Exodus (think he was mentioned around that time)? Psylocke after her upgrades? Shadow King and others?

Imo, Sinister's main attributes were his versatility and high regen, but maybe that's just me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.