The Elite Vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113340/4554231-6664685647-wake-.jpg

Original versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f4/41/98/f44198d123906642219d0551caa77fb2.jpg

Sin I AM
Did black try and tp Supes? Can't remember. I do recall the tk in his brain though just no tp.

The should lose if he's serious but they make him work for it

psycho gundam
Please don't phuck this thread up @usual suspects. It can actually be interesting to argue due to the events of Siege

One_Angry_Scot
TP'ing Robert's mind could go either way to be honest. It's been described as "an impenetrable darkness". If he's not freaking out he probably wouldn't be able to breach his mind immediately. He could resist it. I mean if we look at the Dr Strange incident (even though that was magic). He was restrained and specifically held down to be open to having his mind affected but it still didn't work.

LordofBrooklyn
The Elite all die!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
TP'ing Robert's mind could go either way to be honest. It's been described as "an impenetrable darkness". If he's not freaking out he probably wouldn't be able to breach his mind immediately. He could resist it. I mean if we look at the Dr Strange incident (even though that was magic). He was restrained and specifically held down to be open to having his mind affected but it still didn't work.

Yea. Didn't Emma get owned trying to mess with Bobs mind?

leonidas
sentry wouldn't have faced a tp guy on black's level. he may resist for a while, but he'd have a tough time of it--especially while the others are attacking him. black's tk is also uber. not sure why he couldn't go for a similar attack on sentry to the brain attack he used on superman. unless someone has some really high tp-resist feats, it's tough to argue for them against the elite. not impossible for sentry, but unlikely imo.

then of course there is the hat and his weird powerset. always thought he could have been the coolest of the elite if his powers were examined more closely.

"Id"
Sentry

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea. Didn't Emma get owned trying to mess with Bobs mind?

Essentially yeah, but it occurred in the way that Emma entered the room her and Bob created then when she scared him and the Void started chasing him she got chucked out in an instant.

And she had to stay in Diamond form because she had a bit of the Void inside her.

riv6672
Yeah, you never really hear much anout him. Its always Black and Coldcast.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Essentially yeah, but it occurred in the way that Emma entered the room her and Bob created then when she scared him and the Void started chasing him she got chucked out in an instant.

And she had to stay in Diamond form because she had a bit of the Void inside her.

I wonder y they never fleshed that out

One_Angry_Scot
I wonder y they never fleshed that out

Yeah it is odd. Just like Cyclops and the Void as well.

Sin I AM
Yea they both had like slivers of the void in their bodies.

riv6672
Cyclops too? Thats one i didnt know.
Too bad there was no follow up.

DarkSaint85
Is that why he became a dick?

Stoic
Sentry

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is that why he became a dick?

Naw thats just bad writing. Same with Namor ect

riv6672
Namor was always a dick.
Cyclops on the other hand, yeah, bad writing.

DarkSaint85
As for this thread, I see the Elite as having a good chance. Simultaneously fighting with the Hat, Coldcast and Black physically, whilst Black has his TP...

And Menagerie. She could try mind control as well, maybe.

Sin I AM
As for this thread, I see the Elite as having a good chance. Simultaneously fighting with the Hat, Coldcast and Black physically, whilst Black has his TP...

Menage is fodder. Coldcast should be be able to play tag with him rill2he gets serious while black adding support. I dont think Hat will be much use...he didnt seem all that impressive but if he can play keep away he's good.

Tp should not be used imo. Sentry could react violently to it or completely void out which would slaughter the elite.

LordofBrooklyn
Mental manipulation will only lead to The Sentry become more unstable and less restrain ed.

Translation...

The Elite ALL DIE!

TheLurkingFear
Depends on how Sentry is written. Mighty Avengers Sentry gets merc'd. Death Sentry, and Dark Reign Sentry would likely win.

riv6672
Its a forum fight, go with that.

Surtur

Why would Sentry fight with all of these people physically? He has vast energy powers as well as molecular manipulation.

I can't see why he wouldn't just atomize Black. Or hell why not everyone, for that matter? The only one I see with any chance of surviving that is Coldcast. To which even if he did survive he certainly can't take Sentry out by himself.

riv6672
^^^Good point.
This "Superman" wouldnt hold back.

Surtur
Which while Sentry isn't as fast as Superman when it comes to reflexes, he is actually still quite fast. Certainly fast enough to take out Black before he uses TP or puts up a shield.

Surtur
Menage is fodder. Coldcast should be be able to play tag with him rill2he gets serious while black adding support. I dont think Hat will be much use...he didnt seem all that impressive but if he can play keep away he's good.

Tp should not be used imo. Sentry could react violently to it or completely void out which would slaughter the elite.

This is true TP is a risk when it comes to the mind of the Sentry. However, the problem here is that TP is the only real way they could manage to achieve victory. Black's TK can't take Sentry out. Coldcast's energy manipulation can't do it either. Menagerie just plain lacks the power to put him down. Hat might be mysterious and we might not know the full extent of his power, but from what we have seen him do..he has no way to defeat Sentry either.

Their best bet would be to somehow fully restrain him and then give Black a chance to try to delve into his mind and slap a mind whammy on him. Things could go very wrong, but it would be the only shot. But of course the issue is they have no way to even restrain him. No way to pacify him so Black can work, uninterrupted, on the mind whammy.

It's all moot though. Unless he holds back all of them will be dead within moments anyways.

riv6672
^^^When did Sentry start going apeshit/start fighting more heroes than villains?
As i never liked the character, i'm not clear on the timing. Some time after Bendis took over the Avengers franchise?

Genii96
Which sentry is this ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.