Kun/Bane vs. Plagueis/Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Battle takes place in the Kaminoan labs seen in AOTC and TFU2. Versatile environment: plenty of even ground on which to duel but also lots of shit to throw.

Peak iterations for all characters, no holds barred battle to the death.

SunRazer
Team 2.

Ursumeles
Team 2 10/10

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SunRazer
Team 2.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Team 2 10/10

http://www.malayeraisins.com/images/pg-sundried-raisins1.jpg

?

Nephthys
Team 1. Either beats either.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys

goddammit people, raisins?

SunRazer
Plagueis > Kun. Starkiller probably > Bane.

Ursumeles
Plagueis is better than either one in all. He is canoically far stronger than Bane in the force, and that, along with the fact that he is ~TPM Palpatine makes him also >Kun. Starkiller is at least comparable in sabers, and stronger than Bane, and maybe even Kun, in the Force.

The_Tempest
Plagueis > Kun. Starkiller probably > Bane.

...............Better.

Plagueis is better than either one in all. He is canoically far stronger than Bane in the force, and that, along with the fact that he is ~TPM Palpatine makes him also >Kun. Starkiller is at least comparable in sabers, and stronger than Bane, and maybe even Kun, in the Force.

...............Better still.

Devil's advocate: Plagueis is more powerful than Bane, yes, but could an argument not be made that Bane might be more skilled?

MythLord
It could... But not a good one. smile

The_Tempest
Originally posted by MythLord
It could... But not a good one. smile

Originally posted by The_Tempest

goddammit people, raisins?

Ursumeles
Usually people who have an great strength in the force, are also good Duelists-like Yoda, Sidious, Luke and Anakin. Plagueis likely also sparred with Palpatine, so they must be somewhat comparable. Also,,Plagueis is far more powerful-so is his force argumentation far greater.

SunRazer
What argument is there for Bane being more skilled?

The_Tempest
Usually people who have an great strength in the force, are also good Duelists-like Yoda, Sidious, Luke and Anakin. Plagueis likely also sparred with Palpatine, so they must be somewhat comparable. Also,,Plagueis is far more powerful-so is his force argumentation far greater.

Well, I'm not suggesting Plagueis isn't a good duelist. He obviously is. But is simply being a good duelist enough to outskill Bane?

The_Tempest

I dunno. Just trying to incite some healthy conversation here without obvious trolling and double standards.

it's a test you see

Nephthys
Orb Bane > Plagueis. Kun would beat Starkiller with some difficulty.

The_Tempest
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--3cyCJ2w---/196ow6h65u8nugif.gif

A gauntlet has been thrown here, people. Let the debate commence.

cs_zoltan
Starkiller probably > Bane.

Lmao @ probably.

MythLord
Plagueis > Starkiller > Sedriss > Exar > Bane. thumb up

Ursumeles
Orb Bane > Plagueis. Kun would beat Starkiller with some difficulty.
DoE is stated to be >RoT Bane. All Sith since him are sated to be >the own master. So: Palpatine>Plagueis>Tenebrous>Tenebrous Master>>>Gravids Student>Gravid>>>>>>>Cognus>Zannah>DoE Bane>RoT Bane.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Plagueis > Starkiller > Sedriss > Exar > Bane. thumb up
Starkiller>Sedriss?

Nephthys
DoE is stated to be >RoT Bane.

In some aspects. The Orbalisks also give RoT Bane various advantages. Does it matter? The Orbs are so broken that its easy to argue he beats Plagueis and if you truly think DoE Bane is superior then its just an easier win for me.

Ursumeles
Lmao. It is stated that Plagueis>Tenebrous>>>>>>>>>>Bane. Christ.

Nephthys
Your tears sustain me. Bane takes Plagueis. He's a superior duelist and can tank anything he has. His lightning is stronger too.

The_Tempest
Your tears sustain me. Bane takes Plagueis. He's a superior duelist and can tank anything he has. His lightning is stronger too.

If you're going to flat out ignore sources you don't like, leave the thread. Concede, argue around the quotes, or refute them. Don't ignore.

AncientPower
Nova, what made you think this was a good idea?

SunRazer
I didn't make the thread, lmfao.

Ursumeles
If you're going to flat out ignore sources you don't like, leave the thread. Concede, argue around the quotes, or refute them. Don't ignore.
<3

cs_zoltan
gai

AncientPower

I was referring to asking this question.

Deronn_solo
Team 2, without a doubt. Exar needs a better partner; Bane out of his league.

Nephthys
Everyone already knows the arguments about the RoT stuff. I'm sure nobody wants another one of those boring, contentious arguments thats just regurgitated versions of old ones.

The_Tempest
https://66.media.tumblr.com/1a065888d2b08113a300875786485752/tumblr_o49bzrYWMG1tooympo1_500.gif

These are dancing raisins, people. Give me your raisins.

AncientPower
Kun has a full on ponytail he stomps all three solo.

Ursumeles
Everyone already knows the arguments about the RoT stuff. I'm sure nobody wants another one of those boring, contentious arguments thats just regurgitated versions of old ones.
I don't know counters for the quotes, lol.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kun has a full on ponytail he stomps all three solo.

You've definitely provided the most compelling argument thus far for Team 1.

AP, as Chief Kunt, you must step to the plate and defend your man.

Ursumeles
Plagueis solos smile

AncientPower
Plagueis is the most powerful here, so why would I?

The_Tempest
Plagueis is the most powerful here, so why would I?

Well Kun's not alone here.

Ursumeles
So Kun+Trash vs ****in Starkiller+The second/third strongest Sith in history.
Interesting.

AncientPower
He isn't, but Bane's lightning gets creamed by Killer's.

Though you already knew that upon inception.

Ursumeles

He is compared with Plagueis nearly Trash, tbh.

The_Tempest

Neph thinks that team 1 wins, so maybe there's merit to the idea? Perhaps it's just waiting on a compelling argument to be made.

Ursumeles
Neph thinks that team 1 wins, so maybe there's merit to the idea? Perhaps it's just waiting on a compelling argument to be made.
You can wait long for that smile

UCanShootMyNova

How does Bane defeat Starkiller?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
How does Bane defeat Starkiller?
How does Bane beat Plagueis?

cs_zoltan
You think that matters to him?

UCanShootMyNova
Zoltan's got it.

Ziggystardust
smokin'

Azronger
Bane isn't beating Plagueis.

As for Force abilities, Plagueis is canonically more powerful, and can be scaled off of Bane and all the other Banites. He gets all of their feats and his own. Bane is quite simply outclassed.

As for dueling, whether Bane is more skilled than Plagueis is up for debate, but Plagueis has shown speed and strength beyond Bane's own. He could aslo simply stonewall Bane, and outlast him. Bane was tired after ten minutes, whereas Plagueis has fought for hours.

carthage
Exar can't carry a massive weak link like Bane

Team 2 in a near stomp

EmperorSidious2
Team 2.

Beniboybling
Your tears sustain me. Bane takes Plagueis. He's a superior duelist and can tank anything he has. His lightning is stronger too. I think Neph is just trolling at this point, I think he realises that now that's all he can do. At least that's what I hope.

On topic Bane is the weak link and Plagueis is the MVP. Team 2 wins.

The Ellimist
Team two wins, obviously.

Darth Plagueis has been labeled as the most powerful sith lord who had ever lived, naturally placing him above either contestant on team 1. Likewise, his ability to unbalance the Force itself, combined with powerscaling backwards from Palpatine, suggest that he is beyond Exar Kun's level (just compare RotS Sidious > TOR Vitiate > novel Vitiate > post Nathema Vitiate > Exar Kun to TPM Sidious ~ Plagueis). It goes without saying that Bane would essentially get one-shotted by Plagueis, as RoT powerscaling necessitates.

Meanwhile, Starkiller's feats are fabulously superior to Bane's, and powerscaling works in his favor too; I wouldn't put him above Kun, but it hardly matters since Bane is so far below either in team 2 that Kun is going to get double teamed even if you think he's beyond Plagueis for some reason.

Ascendancy
The fact that Sidious chose not to match Plagueis in sabers/the Force pretty well speaks to his ability at peak. That he would not even chance it shows him as a viable threat. Per the text on Plagueis it is very likely that Bane is his superior in sabers; sabers was not Palgueis preferred method. In terms of Force knowledge, he and Sidious both had access to Bane's holocron, and overall by the text he is more powerful in the Force.

The wanking and saying Bane is a weak link here is completely disingenuous though. That's just a ridiculous claim.

Bane and Kun make a superior team of duelists compared to Team 2. Team 2 has canonically the most powerful of the four in terms of the Force, and Starkiller's manifestations are incredibly strong as well, though I still do not place him above peak Bane it terms of combined capability and mastery. With all that said, I see very few scenarios where Team 2 doesn't win, excepting we somehow have Orb Bane with DoE Bane's peak ability, which itself would also be situational wanking.

Team 1 for sabers, Team 2 for all out combat.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Per the text on Plagueis it is very likely that Bane is his superior in sabers; sabers was not Palgueis preferred method. This is really not an argument.

Emperordmb
Team two. Plagueis is too much of an MVP

carthage
Either can oneshot Bane though

Ursumeles
Proof that Plagueis don't ragdoll Bane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.