Is Maul too inconsistent to use in VS battles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
If you haven't seen the newest trailer for Season 3 of Star Wars rebels, Maul is seen being kicked and knocked down by Ezra Bridger. Given Mauls previous defeats at the hands of TPM Obi Wan and Kanan Jarrus, is it possible Kaul is like Grievous a toothless tiger of a villain? Do these terrible loses at the hands of Padawans call into question Maul's only real saving grace in the Mythos as a duelist? If Maul is too inconsistent as well as a mediocre force user shlomo we use him I'm versus battles anymore? Discuss

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by carthage
Given Mauls previous defeats at the hands of TPM Obi Wan and Kanan Jarrus.

You forgot when he was floored by a dog.

Nephthys
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You forgot when he was floored by a dog.

Oh shit, really? Please tell me more.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh shit, really? Please tell me more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qpn4ulIBE&t=2m45s

Nephthys
Ahahahahaahahahaaha!

Jmanghan
Is Grievous too inconsistent to use in Vs battles?

How about Luke?

How about Jaden Korr?

No, we shouldn't just stop using someone because they're inconsistent, we merely have to specify which version of a character to use.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah he's consistent. Consistently fodder tier.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qpn4ulIBE&t=2m45s

Yeah, that's... really pathetic. He missed over half a dozen slashes on a downed opponent who just keeps rolling from side to side...

Maul is pretty shit, lol.

Darth Abonis
I believe his skills atrophied from the end of the Clone Wars till the time he meets the Rebels. He had virtually nobody to practice on

SeriousLogic
Canon Maul is. Legends Maul is beast

Unbowed
Originally posted by Jmanghan
How about Luke?

Seriously.

For how powerful he is supposed to be, Luke has some of the most underwhelming duels ever. It's gotten to the point where in every match-up featuring him the OP inevitably has to mention "he isn't holding back" or some such.

Unbowed
Originally posted by SeriousLogic
Canon Maul is. Legends Maul is beast
It's actually Filoni's Maul. Filoni is a dickhead.

TenebrousWay
Bad writing. A collateral effect from the "that dude is better than the one who was better than the best ever..." that is so abudant in SW.

Maul in Rebels is only there to set the benchmark and show the public how much the protagonists are evolving.

Kurk
Can we start a petition asking Filoni to stop wanking "good" characters and lowballing Maul?

SeriousLogic
TenebrousWay, I share your views. Maul will redeem himself by defeating Vader though.

SeriousLogic
But... he'll be amped by Talzin and everyone will use that as an excuse

McP
Can't we just use TCW/SoD Maul as a snadard and stable version of him? And wait with the whole OM Maul idea? Perhaps he will be confirmed to be weakest version of him...

MythLord
At least characters like GG, and Luke have reasons for being so inconsistent... Maul is just the biggest victim of bad plot since the dawn of Star Wars Prequels, tbh. His inconsistencies are slowly, but surely, becoming his consistent performance.

Soon Maul soloing the Black Sun, choking Kenobi or being one of the most well trained Sith in history will be outliars and inconsistent high showings, rather than his actual level of power.

Zenwolf
Only if you try and fit both Canon and Legends for Maul.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
Can we start a petition asking Filoni to stop wanking "good" characters and lowballing Maul?

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.