Jedi Dooku > Mace, confirmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MythLord
It would appear so:

"Dooku had been reckoned one of the foremost duellists in the Jedi Order, second only to Master Yoda."

-- The Official Star Wars Fact File #60

SunRazer
Is this the Canon one?

MythLord
It has a mix of both canon and Legends in it, so Composite, I suppose.

SunRazer
Is this the Relaunched one, I mean?

Ursumeles
We have evidence, that Dooku has grown between TPM and RotS, but no for Mace, iirc.
Nice found, btw. In which years was the fact file released?

SunRazer
It's either the old one, in 2003, in which case Mace's one is a retcon of this, since that one came in 2009.

Or it's the new one that came last year.

And Mace grew after Shatterpoint.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Is this the Relaunched one, I mean?

Yes, that one. I also posted it on your RT.
Time to enjoy Mace's tears.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
We have evidence, that Dooku has grown between TPM and RotS, but no for Mace, iirc.
Nice found, btw. In which years was the fact file released?

2015. So for now, Dooku has supremacy over Windu. smile

Ursumeles
It's either the old one, in 2003, in which case Mace's one is a retcon of this, since that one came in 2009.

Or it's the new one that came last year.

And Mace grew after Shatterpoint.
This growth make him then equal with TPM Dooku, which is <RotS Tyranus smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

MythLord
Also, Dooku's growth should logically be greater. He has more sources to draw from with regards to knowledge, had a longer time to grow, had more training in order to master another side of the Force and new fighting techniques, etc.

So Mace's growth by 19 BBY should be noticeable, but Dooku's should be even greater, especially when out of all of Yoda's students, Mace's learning curve is noted as being almost unparalleled... and the only other extremely noteworthy student Yoda had was Dooku.

Connect the dots people; Tyranus > Windu smile

SeriousLogic
Pretty sure everyone knows this quote ?

SeriousLogic
They're equal. Quotes can be given to both Mace and Dooku to show superiority.

Ursumeles
And comparing feats? Dooku. He has beaten opponents, with which Mace had problems with ease.

SeriousLogic
Canon, Legends. ^

MythLord
Originally posted by SeriousLogic
Pretty sure everyone knows this quote ?

Newly discovered.

They're equal. Quotes can be given to both Mace and Dooku to show superiority.

Most of the quotes that would support Mace were before Dooku was a concept, or have been retconned. Also, many sources note how Mace is perhaps Dooku's equal, or just on equal footing(i.e. in a similar tier). That does sorta imply Dooku's superiority.

Ziggystardust
Yeah Dooku has this, Mace fans enter damage control central.

SeriousLogic
Originally posted by MythLord
Newly discovered.

Most of the quotes that would support Mace were before Dooku was a concept, or have been retconned. Also, many sources note how Mace is perhaps Dooku's equal, or just on equal footing(i.e. in a similar tier). That does sorta imply Dooku's superiority.
But but wouldn't you rather them be equal sad
Quickly get rid of the quote!

Ursumeles
Canon, Legends. ^
Legends/Composite Dooku's feats>Windus

SeriousLogic
Dooku has more exposure in both Legends and Canon. But still, I love them both so it doesn't really matter

SunRazer
Actually, this quote doesn't even say Dooku > Windu. It says Dooku >= Windu.

Ursumeles
Actually, this quote doesn't even say Dooku > Windu. It says Dooku >= Windu.
But it debunked Mace>Dooku smile

SunRazer
Yes, that it did.

Ursumeles
And solely feat based, Dooku is better, tbh.

Jmanghan
And solely feat based, Dokku is better, tbh. Yeah, I really like Dokku.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, I really like Dokku.
What do you mean? Happy Dance

Jmanghan
What do you mean? Happy Dance Last edited by Ursumeles on Today at 05:33 AM smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Last edited by Ursumeles on Today at 05:33 AM smile
I just fixed something smile

Beniboybling
It would appear so:

"Dooku had been reckoned one of the foremost duellists in the Jedi Order, second only to Master Yoda."

-- The Official Star Wars Fact File #60 So has Mace, what's new.

MythLord
Mace was second only to Yoda on the Council, not in the entire Jedi Order. Or his accolades were before Dooku existed. Either way, the Count is better. smile

Beniboybling
Friend, we just had a thread like this a few weeks ago in which the reverse was claimed. And at least that one wasn't an opinion. thumb up

Ursumeles
But the Mace quote was older smile

SunRazer
Second only to means that you're only inferior to X. That doesn't mean you're automatically better than everyone else. Especially since Dooku and Mace have always been equals.

Beniboybling
But the Mace quote was older smile Doesn't matter. smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Doesn't matter. smile
Newer sources>older smile

Beniboybling
Even if that was the case there is no contradiction, Dooku being reckoned by some to be second only to Yoda doesn't change the reality that he was not. smile

Ursumeles
Even if that was the case there is no contradiction, Dooku being reckoned by some to be second only to Yoda doesn't change the reality that he was not. smile
He isn't sub-Windu, tho smile

Beniboybling
He's sub-Maul. smile

Ursumeles
No. Anakin>Dooku>=Windu>Padawans>Maul smile

SeriousLogic
Mace, Dooku > Anakin. Mace is just a better version of Anakin.

MythLord
Dooku's quote is newer, thus retconning Mace's. Dooku's learning curve/power increase is logically greater. He has better feats. And, most importantly, he's white.

Dooku wins.

SeriousLogic
most importantly, he's white.
White privileged trash. Black lives matter, ****ing die you white male.

MythLord
Hi, I'm White Man, and this is my privilege. After God knows how many centuries, you always know who is the superior race. thumb up

Beniboybling
Dooku will always be inferior to his black better. smile

Ursumeles
Mace will always be inferior to his white better. smile
Fixed smile

Darth Thor
There's a canon quote from SW: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, confirming Yoda feels Dooku was the greatest student of the Jedi, as he said in DR.

Don't have the book on me though for the exact quote.

SeriousLogic
Yoda also said Dooku would have been the greatest Jedi had he stayed. So had he stayed longer and then turned to the dark side he could be > everyone?

SunRazer
One of the Legends Insiders claim that Dooku would've rivalled Yoda if he had stayed.

SeriousLogic
So if he stays with the Jedi he gets better but if he leaves he also improves. Wat

SunRazer
The "rewards" of being a Jedi are supposed to be greater but take longer to attain. Dooku probably was close to achieving enlightenment or whatever but decided to join the dark side as a "quick and easy" path to more power. So he did grow more powerful, but he never became as powerful as he could've been had he stayed.

Beniboybling
What a tool.

SunRazer
Well, actually, he didn't leave the Jedi or join the Sith for power, but whatever.

Beniboybling
Still a failur.

SunRazer
All of Sheev's apprentices end up looking like tools. It's nothing bad for Tyranus. At least he had seven decades of unadulterated badassery beforehand.

Beniboybling
Vader looked pretty badass in the end tbh, and now he has a fan following.

SunRazer
They all have fan followings and looked badass as Sith Lords, but the reality was pretty shit for them, lol.

Vader was the only one who decided to stop being a tool and overthrew Sidious. So he reclaimed some badassery in the end thumb up

Tyranus died realizing that he had spent his last thirteen years as a tool.

Maul's just a failure, through and through. He was Palpatine's tool up to TPM. He was too scared to come back to his master after TPM and spent over a decade languishing on Lotho Minor as some crazy spider-hermit. He then gets restored to full health and begins to wage a shadow war against... who? He has all these half-baked attempts for vengeance against Obi-Wan that fail, and his little insurrection on Mandalore is swiftly ended by Sidious. He gets captured and manages to break free, then captures Dooku & Grievous (his crowning achievement) and tries to get Tyranus to join him. What ends up happening is that Dooku and Grievous escape and Sidious kills both Savage and Talzin, the only people Maul ever cared for. Cue another 10+ years of languishing in exile.

Now he tries to train Ezra to be his tool, but loses to a blind Kanan. And now it looks like Ezra's kicking his ass too. I truly pity Maul. Dooku may be a tool and a proton torpedo, but Maul was a genuine loss... of Sith dignity and badassery. smile

Beniboybling
The hate for Maul is real. smile

SunRazer
The entire forum is in a period of Maul hate. smile

SeriousLogic
Talzin possessed Maul will beat Vader. You wait.

SunRazer
That's Talzin, not Maul.

Besides, Talzin possesses none of Dooku's skill with a lightsaber. She isn't beating a red lightsaber duelist ranked better than Sidious by some random ooga-booga list.

SeriousLogic
Doesn't need to draw 'her' Saber.

SunRazer
So she'll create a giant explosion with her green Lightning? Vader will survive, as he always does. thumb up

SeriousLogic
Because of plot...

SunRazer
Maul won't beat Vader unless it's because of plot as well smile

SunRazer
Anyways, I've been joking with the Maul hate. But yeah, this quote doesn't definitively prove Jedi Dooku > Jedi Mace, just that Jedi Mace isn't above Jedi Dooku.

Beniboybling
That's Talzin, not Maul.

Besides, Talzin possesses none of Dooku's skill with a lightsaber. She isn't beating a red lightsaber duelist ranked better than Sidious by some random ooga-booga list. Maul was ranked higher than Dooku on that list, as I recall. smile

The Ellimist
It would appear so:

-- The Official Star Wars Fact File #60

So this just means that Dooku was second to Yoda while he was a Jedi; it doesn't preclude Windu from surpassing him after he had left the Order. I don't think the idea that TPM Dooku > TPM Mace is that disputed.

Ursumeles
But does it give proof for RotS Mace>RotS Dooku?

NewGuy01
Mace growing more in power than Dooku during that time would be bizarre, though.

cs_zoltan
That quote doesn't even say Dooku > Mace, it could say Dooku >= Mace.

Emperordmb
Lol. As if this proves jack shit about their peak incarnations thumb up

Beniboybling
Its not even fact, its an opinion. I'm sure there any many people who reckoned Dooku was second to Yoda, he was pretty good. confused

Emperordmb
I guess Anoon Bondara>Windu now since he was reckoned by some to be the best duelist in the Order.

Darth Thor
Talzin possessed Maul will beat Vader. You wait.

Lol

UCanShootMyNova
This is awesome.

Deronn_solo
Since when does reckoned = equal fact?

UCanShootMyNova
http://i.quoteaddicts.com/media/q1/1398784.png

Deronn_solo
I mean, the quote is not to be discarded entirely, because that would be ignoring evidence, but to say it's definitively shuts down an age debate is inane. If the Fact File wanted to be emphatic with it's claim, it would had did just that.

UCanShootMyNova
Aren't all fact files from the perspective of historians?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I mean, the quote is not to be discarded entirely, because that would be ignoring evidence, but to say it's definitively shuts down an age debate is inane. If the Fact File wanted to be emphatic with it's claim, it would had did just that. thumb up

McP
Best option in my opinion, would be leave them as equals. Anyway I'm grateful to Lord Myth for providing that quote. Mace's fans tried to destroy a balance between Mace and Dooku (at least as dueslits, I still believe that Dooku was a bit better Force user; anyway, I dont believe that that advantage of Dooku would give him more, then Mace's physical advantage).
And I'll check that source that DP provided (thanks DP ^^)

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Aren't all fact files from the perspective of historians?

I don't have the slightest clue.

Trocity
ROTS Dooku>ROTS Mace>TPM Dooku

Easy.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Trocity
ROTS Dooku>ROTS Mace>TPM Dooku

Easy.
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Emperordmb
ROTS Mace>ROTS Dooku>TPM Dooku>=TPM Mace... easy

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Emperordmb
ROTS Mace>ROTS Dooku>TPM Dooku>=TPM Mace... easy
thumb down

Ascendancy
Well, this is supposed to be Jedi versions of both, but the quote certainly isn't conclusive about Mace at peak being lesser than Dooku.

Mace w/Vapaad>Dookles all day long, doe.

MythLord
There's no reason to assume Mace grew more in power and skill than Dooku did when Dooku has a much more well established power growth, a longer one, and one based off of far more sources of knowledge to draw from than Windu.

RotS Dooku > RotS Mace > TPM Dooku > TPM Mace. thumb up

Kurk
Mace was second only to Yoda on the Council, not in the entire Jedi Order. Or his accolades were before Dooku existed. Either way, the Count is better. smile
Dooku was never on the jedi council

MythLord
Exactly my point, dear.

Kurk
Exactly my point, dear.
thought you said Dooku oops my bad

Ursumeles
There's no reason to assume Mace grew more in power and skill than Dooku did when Dooku has a much more well established power growth, a longer one, and one based off of far more sources of knowledge to draw from than Windu.

RotS Dooku > TPM Dooku > RotS Windu > TPM Mace. thumb up
Fixed smile (I have plan, trust me)

MythLord
I don't trust you that TPM Dooku is > RotS Mace...

Ursumeles
I don't trust you that TPM Dooku is > RotS Mace...
Go on GH. I 'll tell ya.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.