Quote for Daughter/Son beating Abeloth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
As the title says. If alone or together.

Ursumeles
Up

Trocity
I haven't read FOTJ in a while but I'm pretty sure the quote is the opposite; she overpowered them, and the Father had to step in.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
As the title says. If alone or together. It's the other way around though, Abeloth beat THEM. "The third panel depicted the arcade complex again, this time with a much-changed Abeloth standing in the heart of a stormy courtyard. Her hair had grown coarse and long, her nose had flattened until it was practically gone, and her sparkling eyes had grown so sunken and dark that all that could be seen of them were the twinkles. She was raising her arms toward a cowering Daughter and a glowering Son, with long tentacles lashing from where her fingers should have been. Stepping forward to shield them was a furious Father, one hand pointing toward the swamp at the open end of the temple, the other reaching out to intercept her tentacled fingers."
Source: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

SunRazer
There's also a quote in FotJ about the Son and Daughter resealing Abeloth every time she broke free or something along those lines.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
There's also a quote in FotJ about the Son and Daughter resealing Abeloth every time she broke free or something along those lines.
This is the quote I meant.

Jmanghan
This is the quote I meant. They went together though, and that doesn't mean they actually beat her anyway, just sealed her away.

MythLord
I doubt Abeloth would just say: "Yeah, go ahead and seal me for another millennia or so kids. I'm so proud!" I'd say she'd fight.

"From what he and Tekli had surmised, the Son and the Daughter agreed on only one thing-that it angered them to see Abeloth destroy civilizations they had spent millennia cultivating in their own image. Eventually, the pair would form a pact and emerge from seclusion to stop her, and Thuruht expected to spend the next century or so building up its numbers so the hive would be ready when it was called into service."

Ursumeles
Thanks. That means that either of them is at least comparable to Abeloth.

Jmanghan
Thanks. That means that either of them is at least comparable to Abeloth. No, it means both of them together are able to beat her.

Ursumeles
No, they must be comparable to beat her together. The B-Team wasn't comparable to Sidious. The SoR Strike Team wasn't comparable to Revan. Like they were, the Son and Daughter would be ragdolled if they aren't comparable :/

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, it means both of them together are able to beat her. It takes both of them together to best Abeloth, they aren't better than her alone.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77
It takes both of them together to best Abeloth, they aren't better than her alone.
Jman means both of them together.
They are still near her, tho.

Darth Abonis
No quote. Pepsi

Trocity
Don't see how that quote from Myth = either of them being comparable to her.

Ursumeles
If they wouldn't be comparable to her, she would ragdoll them erm

Jmanghan
If they wouldn't be comparable to her, she would ragdoll them erm Thats not how that works dude.

I hope thats not really measure power.

"This person couldn't ragdoll this person, therefore they are close in power".

No :/

Ursumeles
Lol. The gap is smaller as between Dooku and Kenobi then.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Thats not how that works dude.

I hope thats not really measure power.

"This person couldn't ragdoll this person, therefore they are close in power".

No :/

They need to be close in power if they're going to damage her enough to shove her into a prison she just escaped from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.