Spiderman,Lizard,Abomination Vs Thor no Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Thor has no hammer

https://timsfilmreviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/the-amazing-spider-man-2-dead-lifting-a-cop-car.jpg
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/unpopular-spider-man-lizard.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/MovieAbomination.jpg

golem370
Spider-Man empties is webbing around Thor's face blocking eyes and mouth and then get pummeled mercilessly to a k.o.

ShadowFyre
why keep putting lizard and spidey? They are nonfactors

FrothByte
Abomination alone would already be a huge challenge for hammerless Thor, one I doubt he could win. Adding in Spidey and Lizard is overkill.

golem370
Let me add might be the best and only chance for Pete and Connors to contribute to the fight.

FrothByte
At least give Thor Mjolnir

golem370
Even though it is the same Hulk I think the Hulk in Avengers was more impressive and on so Abomination might give Thor a good fight not sure he would win but fighting like I mentioned could give them a win.

TheVaultDweller
Abomination alone would be hell for Thor to deal with. He was schooling baseline Hulk from TIH. That version seemed to be weaker than what we got in the two Avengers films, but Abomination was handling him pretty comfortably up until Hulk amped at the end. He was also fast enough to catch a missile shot at his back, so he's not slow either. I don't know if Thor could beat him one-on-one, without the aid of Mjolnir, never mind against Spiderman and Lizard as well.

apex_pretador
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Abomination alone would be hell for Thor to deal with. He was schooling baseline Hulk from TIH. That version seemed to be weaker than what we got in the two Avengers films, but Abomination was handling him pretty comfortably up until Hulk amped at the end. He was also fast enough to catch a missile shot at his back, so he's not slow either. I don't know if Thor could beat him one-on-one, without the aid of Mjolnir, never mind against Spiderman and Lizard as well.
Even the "enraged" hulk was fari inferior to the hulk in avengers. Enraged hulk pulled the metal chain (which he chocked abom on), and it didn't even break. So, abomination could be killed by strength not enough to break a thin metal chain
They simply can't hurt Thor.

TheVaultDweller
The chain was not thin and Abomination was not killed. He was KO'd. He took a missile to the face and smiled, and was strong enough to kick Hulk through multiple buildings. When has Thor delivered similar strikes without using Mjolnir?

h1a8
Those chain links were pretty large. Each link of that chain can resist much more than 50tons of strain. I'll try to find the upper limits.
Anyway, I think Thor's average strength is between 30-70 tons.

ShadowFyre
Thors durability absolutely dwarfs aboms and its not even funny.

tkitna
Personally, I think Abomination could take movie Thor by himself. The other two are just icing on the cake.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thors durability absolutely dwarfs aboms and its not even funny. I disagree. I would about twice the durability maximum. I think those helicopter bullets would have cut through Thor IMO.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree. I would about twice the durability maximum. I think those helicopter bullets would have cut through Thor IMO.

Do you have any proof to back up your opinion?

wallman77
None of these guys can come CLOSE to K'Oing Thor unless they are generating vibranium powered sokovia explosion level force... Fight just keeps going and going until everyone else tires out..

tkitna
Originally posted by wallman77
None of these guys can come CLOSE to K'Oing Thor unless they are generating vibranium powered sokovia explosion level force... Fight just keeps going and going until everyone else tires out..

What world are you living in? Movie Thor is weak sauce compared to the comic character. Abomination would beat him to death without the hammer. It would be worse than what Kurse did to him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you have any proof to back up your opinion?

Being stabbed by Loki. Being almost evenly match with iron man in strength. Showing less than twice the strength of abomination.

h1a8
Originally posted by wallman77

You take that feat too seriously. It was a nothing feat. Iron Man was completely fine. Basically it was more a break apart type of thing vs an explosion (bomb) type of thing.

Silent Master
Being stabbed by Loki. Being almost evenly match with iron man in strength. Showing less than twice the strength of abomination.

1) two of your examples deal with strength, when the question was about durability.

2) Loki has super-strength and uses magic daggers.

So I'll amend my question, do you have any valid proof to back up your claim.

Arachnid1
I would put Thor a bit above Abom. The dude took multiple hits from the Hulk without taking too much damage. I doubt Thor could take the same abuse as easily. That said, Thor was still beating Hulk without his hammer in Avengers, so he would definitely do the same to Abom. Spidey and Lizard should give Abom the win though. Both of them are fast and strong enough to ragdoll Thor around or keep him busy as Abom lays in. All three of them together are just too much. The team takes it

tkitna
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thor was still beating Hulk without his hammer in Avengers

Really? Thats not how I saw it. He punched Hulk once and blocked a punch in which he could barely hold one of Hulks arms up with both of his. He needed the hammer after that. The only other time they were seen fighting without the hammer was when Hulk was tossing him around like a rag doll until the fighter jet started shooting him. Not sure how somebody could say Thor had the upper hand or that he would be favored in a fight without his hammer. Also, Hulk has been shown to be a good bit stronger. Look at what he does to the large Chitauri things compared to Thor. I thought this was pretty obvious but I guess not.

FrothByte
Originally posted by tkitna
Really? Thats not how I saw it. He punched Hulk once and blocked a punch in which he could barely hold one of Hulks arms up with both of his. He needed the hammer after that. The only other time they were seen fighting without the hammer was when Hulk was tossing him around like a rag doll until the fighter jet started shooting him. Not sure how somebody could say Thor had the upper hand or that he would be favored in a fight without his hammer. Also, Hulk has been shown to be a good bit stronger. Look at what he does to the large Chitauri things compared to Thor. I thought this was pretty obvious but I guess not.

Well let's see:

Without the hammer Thor dodged Hulk's first blow, punched Hulk 360, then blocked Hulk's 2nd blow. The only reason Hulk even landed a punch was because Thor tried to talk to him.

After that, the only reason Hulk was able to gain the upper hand again was because Thor tried to subdue Hulk with a choke hold instead of just raining down blows on him.

Now I'm not saying Thor will actually win h2h against the Hulk, but you have to admit that the only reason Hulk was able to land blows on Thor during their fight was because Thor made the mistake of subduing Hulk instead of just going all out.

playa1258
Thor:Ragnarok can't come soon enough.

tkitna
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well let's see:

Without the hammer Thor dodged Hulk's first blow, punched Hulk 360, then blocked Hulk's 2nd blow. The only reason Hulk even landed a punch was because Thor tried to talk to him.

After that, the only reason Hulk was able to gain the upper hand again was because Thor tried to subdue Hulk with a choke hold instead of just raining down blows on him.

Now I'm not saying Thor will actually win h2h against the Hulk, but you have to admit that the only reason Hulk was able to land blows on Thor during their fight was because Thor made the mistake of subduing Hulk instead of just going all out.

Oh God, now Thor's a speedster. I guess Thor was trying to talk to him and subdue him when he was being tossed around like a rag doll too? If Thor is so fast and untouchable, why bother blocking Hulk in the first place? He could have talked to him just as easily by dodging all of his attacks if he was half as fast as you seem to think. I give Thor absolutely zero chance in a fistfight against Hulk without his hammer. I'm not even sure he could beat him with the hammer to be honest.

FrothByte
Oh God, now Thor's a speedster. I guess Thor was trying to talk to him and subdue him when he was being tossed around like a rag doll too? If Thor is so fast and untouchable, why bother blocking Hulk in the first place? He could have talked to him just as easily by dodging all of his attacks if he was half as fast as you seem to think. I give Thor absolutely zero chance in a fistfight against Hulk without his hammer. I'm not even sure he could beat him with the hammer to be honest.

Wow, where did you get speedster from? You do know you don't need to be a speedster to dodge and block blows right?

Fact is, Hulk only landed his first punch because Thor was busy trying to talk to him.

Then Hulk was only able to ragdoll Thor (twice only mind you) after Thor had tried to subdue Hulk with a choke. Prior to the choke Thor had the upperhand. it was because he tried choking the Hulk that Hulk gained the upper hand.

Silent Master
@tk, Are you sure you've seen the movies?

Wow, where did you get speedster from? You do know you don't need to be a speedster to dodge and block blows right.

He is trying for a classic strawman.

tkitna
Here it is and I still cant for the love of me, find how anybody thinks Thor had the upper hand. Especially after Hulk punched him. Thor knew it was time for the hammer.

advsN-DfY2k

To each their own I guess.

Robtard
Thor tears Lizard in half, beats Abom into submission and eventually when Parker tires out, Thor puts him in a rear-naked-choke and wins via submission.

FrothByte
Here it is and I still cant for the love of me, find how anybody thinks Thor had the upper hand. Especially after Hulk punched him. Thor knew it was time for the hammer.

advsN-DfY2k

To each their own I guess.

Ok let's try this from a different angle. When Hulk punched Thor, was Thor in the middle of trying to talk to Hulk?

tkitna
Ok let's try this from a different angle. When Hulk punched Thor, was Thor in the middle of trying to talk to Hulk?

Yes he was and he also ducked a couple of punches too. Does that equate to the Hulk not being able to tag him in a fist fight? Eventually Hulk will get ahold of him and its all down hill from there for the Thunder God.

TethAdamTheRock
How strong is Lizard

FrothByte
Yes he was and he also ducked a couple of punches too. Does that equate to the Hulk not being able to tag him in a fist fight? Eventually Hulk will get ahold of him and its all down hill from there for the Thunder God.

Hulk probably eventually will but you don't have proof of that. He may or may not. What is certain however is that in that brief encounter while Thor was unarmed, Hulk was unable to hit Thor unless Thor was trying to talk to Hulk. Which is why we say Thor got the better of that engagement

tkitna
Hulk probably eventually will but you don't have proof of that. He may or may not. What is certain however is that in that brief encounter while Thor was unarmed, Hulk was unable to hit Thor unless Thor was trying to talk to Hulk. Which is why we say Thor got the better of that engagement

It was two punches and one was a wild backhand. That's a pretty small sample for basing an entire fight on. That's like me saying that the fighter jet pilot probably saved Thor's life.

K-Dog
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How strong is Lizard

Seemed twice as strong as Spider-Man. Broke through concrete floors and single block thick concrete walls pretty easily. Cut through thin pieces of metal with his claws. Was throwing automobiles 60 to 80 feet probably. Punching and denting thin metal structures pretty easily with punches. Easily punched large holes through the thin metal roof of a car. Within seconds, healed from bullet holes, and a frozen hand. Did not pick up and throw anything larger than an automobile, never broke through any steel reinforced walls.

FrothByte
It was two punches and one was a wild backhand. That's a pretty small sample for basing an entire fight on. That's like me saying that the fighter jet pilot probably saved Thor's life.

That's why I didn't say thatvThor will win a h2h fight against Hulk. Merely that he got the better of that engagement.

golem370
Before jumped out of the helicarrier he had the advantage you see Thor on the floor and grabbed again then the jet fires at both and Hulk jumps to the jet.

FrothByte
Originally posted by golem370
Before jumped out of the helicarrier he had the advantage you see Thor on the floor and grabbed again then the jet fires at both and Hulk jumps to the jet.

As mentioned previously, Hulk was only able to gain that upperhand when Thor tried to subdue the Hulk with a chokehold.

Arachnid1
As mentioned previously, Hulk was only able to gain that upperhand when Thor tried to subdue the Hulk with a chokehold. He thew Thor twice and had little to no effect there too. I don't see any reason why Thor wouldn't just stand up and resume the same fist fighting technique he had down in the beginning. Hulk just seemed to have snagged him while he was down and took advantage of it.

Thors one hammer hit had him dazed and staggering to his feet. I'm not sure how he thinks Hulk would win against Thor with his hammer. A few more good hits would have likely KOed him. There's also the fact that Thor has full access to all his powers with the hammer too, and those are powers that scrapped the Destroyer. With the hammer, Hulk wouldn't stand a chance.

Without the hammer, Thor seemed to be controlling the fight pretty handily and Hulks durability isn't near his level. Eventually he'd get the KO.

tkitna
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Thors one hammer hit had him dazed and staggering to his feet. There's also the fact that Thor has full access to all his powers wI'm not sure how he thinks Hulk would win against Thor with his hammer. A few more good hits would have likely KOed him.

Without the hammer, Thor seemed to be controlling the fight pretty handily and Hulks durability isn't near his level. Eventually he'd get the KO.

laughing You have got be kidding me. Thors one hammer hit managed to daze and stagger Hulk for all of about 2 seconds and then Hulk got pissed. We all know what happens when Hulk gets pissed. Also, how is anybody saying that Thors durability is superior to the Hulks? Where is this coming from? Hell, when the fighter jet was unloading on the Hulk, Thor was crawling on the floor like a baby so he wouldn't get hit.

Thor stands no chance what so ever in a H2H fight with the Hulk.

FrothByte
laughing You have got be kidding me. Thors one hammer hit managed to daze and stagger Hulk for all of about 2 seconds and then Hulk got pissed. We all know what happens when Hulk gets pissed. Also, how is anybody saying that Thors durability is superior to the Hulks? Where is this coming from? Hell, when the fighter jet was unloading on the Hulk, Thor was crawling on the floor like a baby so he wouldn't get hit.

Thor stands no chance what so ever in a H2H fight with the Hulk.

Probably because Thor has better durability feats than Hulk?

tkitna
He does get beat on a lot in the movies so maybe he does.

The Sorrow
Lol blatant bias in this thread, Thor knocked Hulk back a few feet onto the jet with a full upward swing with Mjolnir but it only affected Hulk for a second or two, Abomination up kicked Hulk across Harlem with seemingly little difficulty and had him rocked. Even in the initial exchange Abomination ragdolled Hulk and took a full ground n pound to the face with no trouble.

Even WITH Mjolnir as a blunt force object Thor loses, he needs his full powerset to stop Abomination.

golem370
As mentioned previously, Hulk was only able to gain that upperhand when Thor tried to subdue the Hulk with a chokehold.

1.Thor got serious when he called for the hammer

2.Thor could not hold a choke hold even when using a indestructible weapon as a brace

3.Hulk was able to recover faster then Thor from the choke hold which sounds dumb since Hulk was the one in the choke hold.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Lol blatant bias in this thread, Thor knocked Hulk back a few feet onto the jet with a full upward swing with Mjolnir but it only affected Hulk for a second or two, Abomination up kicked Hulk across Harlem with seemingly little difficulty and had him rocked. Even in the initial exchange Abomination ragdolled Hulk and took a full ground n pound to the face with no trouble.

Even WITH Mjolnir as a blunt force object Thor loses, he needs his full powerset to stop Abomination.

thumb up

carver9

It's sad. Thor is the most over rated character in the movie section. It seems like everyone here hated the mistreating Thor gets in the comic section and brought that love here. It's hard to debate against or for the character when half if not all of the movie section over rate the hell out of him. Abomination slaughters him with ease.

FrothByte
Originally posted by golem370
1.Thor got serious when he called for the hammer

2.Thor could not hold a choke hold even when using a indestructible weapon as a brace

3.Hulk was able to recover faster then Thor from the choke hold which sounds dumb since Hulk was the one in the choke hold.

1. So serious that he intentionally missed when he threw Mjolnir at Hulk and then decided to go for a choke hold instead of just continuing to hit Hulk while Hulk was stunned (which would have been the far easier and more practical option).

2. Probably because Thor was never able to apply the choke hold properly before Hulk smashed him through the ceiling.

3. Hulk recovered faster from smashing Thor through the ceiling, which makes sense since Thor took the brunt of that impact.

FrothByte

I don't know about the others in the thread but I agree that Thor cannot hope to win against Abom in a pure h2h match. I'm simply saying that Thor got the better of Hulk in their short h2h encounter.

The Sorrow
I don't know about the others in the thread but I agree that Thor cannot hope to win against Abom in a pure h2h match. I'm simply saying that Thor got the better of Hulk in their short h2h encounter.
Cool, but that isn't true either. Thor attacks did no damage to Hulk and only gave him brief pause while he bled from one punch and was struggling to get to his feet before the fight was stopped, Hulk was clearly physically above him. Thor showed better skill and used it in the beginning but Hulks strength and durability seemingly began to wear Thor down. No way would any neutral person say Thor won that fight or came out on top.

FrothByte
Cool, but that isn't true either. Thor attacks did no damage to Hulk and only gave him brief pause while he bled from one punch and was struggling to get to his feet before the fight was stopped, Hulk was clearly physically above him. Thor showed better skill and used it in the beginning but Hulks strength and durability seemingly began to wear Thor down. No way would any neutral person say Thor won that fight or came out on top.

Focusing on their fight BEFORE Thor called for Mjolnir (because we're focusing on h2h fighting) we can see that:

Thor ducked 3 of Hulk's blows and blocked 1. Thor in comparison only threw 1 punch and it turned Hulk 360.

And the only time Hulk actually hit Thor was when Thor was busy trying to talk Hulk out of the fight. Meaning Hulk was unable to hit Thor unless it was via sucker punch.

Now based on that alone, we can therefore say that Thor got the better of Hulk in that exchange. I'm not saying that Thor would have won the fight had it continued, merely that based on that exchange, Thor had the upper hand. Do you still disagree?

Silent Master
I like how carter is upset because most people think Thor would beat the Hulk if both were going all out.

carver9
I like how carter is upset because most people think Thor would beat the Hulk if both were going all out.

In his dreams. Hulk is the top tier of the Avengers. Ask Tony.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carver9
In his dreams. Hulk is the top tier of the Avengers. Ask Tony.

See what I mean?

Arachnid1
I like how carter is upset because most people think Thor would beat the Hulk if both were going all out. Quoted for truth

h1a8
Hulk in avengers is a beast. He's practically indestructible. I haven't really seen him get hurt. Anyone know any scenes where he got hurt?

The Sorrow
Focusing on their fight BEFORE Thor called for Mjolnir (because we're focusing on h2h fighting) we can see that:

Thor ducked 3 of Hulk's blows and blocked 1. Thor in comparison only threw 1 punch and it turned Hulk 360.

And the only time Hulk actually hit Thor was when Thor was busy trying to talk Hulk out of the fight. Meaning Hulk was unable to hit Thor unless it was via sucker punch.

Now based on that alone, we can therefore say that Thor got the better of Hulk in that exchange. I'm not saying that Thor would have won the fight had it continued, merely that based on that exchange, Thor had the upper hand. Do you still disagree?
I'd hardly call it a fight tbh, but Thor threw all of one punch that only helped spin his opponent into another attack. In what world does landing one weak punch justify "having the upperhand"? Hulk was applying the pressure, forcing Thor to be on the defensive, and eventually punched through said defence scoring the knockdown. If anyone had the upperhand it was Hulk, although in Thors defence he clearly was not going all out at that point.

The real fight started when Thor called for Mjolnir.

FrothByte
I'd hardly call it a fight tbh, but Thor threw all of one punch that only helped spin his opponent into another attack. In what world does landing one weak punch justify "having the upperhand"? Hulk was applying the pressure, forcing Thor to be on the defensive, and eventually punched through said defence scoring the knockdown. If anyone had the upperhand it was Hulk, although in Thors defence he clearly was not going all out at that point.

The real fight started when Thor called for Mjolnir.

A punch that's able to turn a monster probably weighing over a thousand pounds completely around is not a weak punch. And Hulk did not punch through his defense, he punched Thor while Thor was trying to talk him out of fighting.

FrothByte
Hulk in avengers is a beast. He's practically indestructible. I haven't really seen him get hurt. Anyone know any scenes where he got hurt?

Hulk was KO'd after falling from the hellicarrier. He was also pinmed down and bleeding when he got ganged up on by the Chitauri.

The Sorrow
Only arguably in the first Avengers movie against the wave of iirc 20+ Chitari ships. Those flying ships individually were packing fairly powerful weapons. Their lasers were similar to grenades exploding and were tearing chunks of buildings at times.

The Sorrow
A punch that's able to turn a monster probably weighing over a thousand pounds completely around is not a weak punch. And Hulk did not punch through his defense, he punched Thor while Thor was trying to talk him out of fighting.
Conpared to Hulks punch it was weak. Thor was defending Hulks punch when he got tagged, whether Thor said something or not, that didn't stop him being able fight and defend himself. They're just excuses. Abomination was talking the whole time he was beating the crap out of Hulk.

carver9
Conpared to Hulks punch it was weak. Thor was defending Hulks punch when he got tagged, whether Thor said something or not, that didn't stop him being able fight and defend himself. They're just excuses. Abomination was talking the whole time he was beating the crap out of Hulk.

Lol...exactly. If comic bubbles or someone verbally talking in combat means something, they might as well say Ironman was holding back. He did turn his back against Thor and walked off while talking (and Thor hammer tossed him in the back). He talked throughout their entire fight.

carver9
Hulk was KO'd after falling from the hellicarrier. He was also pinmed down and bleeding when he got ganged up on by the Chitauri.

He wasn't koed.

Silent Master

I like how h1 continues to prove that he's never actually seen the movies.

carver9
Anyone that have a TV saw that movie and I feel confident that H1 has a TV.

Silent Master
Yet he has to be constantly reminded of things that happened in the movies.

h1a8
Hulk was KO'd after falling from the hellicarrier. He was also pinmed down and bleeding when he got ganged up on by the Chitauri. Don't remember him bleeding from those blasts. I vaguely remember him being koed from the fall. But there was no damage is what I'm saying. I could be wrong.

Silent Master
Don't remember him bleeding from those blasts. I vaguely remember him being koed from the fall. But there was no damage is what I'm saying. I could be wrong.

Of course you don't remember, because it hurts your argument and you never remember things that go against your biased opinion.

Also, do you need someone to explain what causes someone to be ko'd?

tkitna

I'm pretty sure the shot Hulk took from the hammer that dazed him for a mere second or so was more powerful than that punch from Thors fist and all it did was piss him off. This argument is silly. Thor couldnt hope to do anything against the Hulk in a H2H fight and if just making the Hulk madder during a H2H confrontation constitutes as a win to you then so be it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.