Scathan the Approver vs. The Endless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backup
Scathan the Approver:

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/2/28028/667717-scathan_8.jpg

vs.

The Endless:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/The_Sandman-_Endless_Nights_Poster_by_Frank_Quitely.jpg

Who wins?

zopzop
Scathan. He did what the LT, Eternity, Hawk God, and Beyonder couldn't do : Stop the Protege's rampage.

quanchi112
Scathan stomps.

iceman24567
The Endless win

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Endless win Based on ?

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?
Wishful thinking big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Wishful thinking big grin Iceman has never articulated a point in his life. He just posts his opinion based off his feelings.

TheLordofMurder
Scathan. He did what the LT, Eternity, Hawk God, and Beyonder couldn't do : Stop the Protege's rampage.

thumb up

abhilegend
Endless Originally posted by zopzop
That's more a low showings for LT and Beyonder if a random Celestial is more powerful than them.

iceman24567
Originally posted by abhilegend
Endless
That's more a low showings for LT and Beyonder if a random Celestial is more powerful than them. thumb up Pretty much. Gotta love how quans still a gutless troll

quanchi112
Originally posted by quanchi112
Iceman has never articulated a point in his life. He just posts his opinion based off his feelings. smile

Mr Master
Scathan stomped the combined power of:

Protege (God-like)
LT (trans-multiversal)
Eternity (multiversal)
Hawkgod (nigh-muliversal)
Beyonder (multi-universal)
Mephisto and his daughter Malevolence (bout Skyfatherish)
GOTG (lol)

In one devastating move, Scathan wtfstomped all that power combined!

THEN, Scathan encased Protege in the infamous energy muzzle.
THEN, Scathan removed the "muzzle" and yet still, Protege remained in-affected in Scathan's physical grip.

Scathan was recognized in the LT's bio, and the Celestials bio likewise. thumb up

Zack M
Endless.

Glorificus
Scathan easily.

apex_pretador
Originally posted by Mr Master
Scathan stomped the combined power of:

Protege (God-like)
LT (trans-multiversal)
Eternity (multiversal)
Hawkgod (nigh-muliversal)
Beyonder (multi-universal)
Mephisto and his daughter Malevolence (bout Skyfatherish)
GOTG (lol)

THEN, Scathan removed the "muzzle" and yet still, Protege remained in-affected in Scathan's physical grip.

Scathan was recognized in the LT's bio, and the Celestials bio likewise. thumb up

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/2/28028/667717-scathan_8.jpg
Scathan approves

abhilegend
Death doesn't.

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master

THEN, Scathan removed the "muzzle" and yet still, Protege remained in-affected in Scathan's physical grip. Devastating move? It was a thumbs down. laughing out loud

But in all seriousness, what I have always found odd is that after Scathan removed the energy bindings from Protege, LT proceeded to judge/own him without any issue:
http://i.imgur.com/sQx1vOJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kZfvNXf.jpg
Why were LT's powers all of the sudden effective, iyo?

Cogito
Yeah I could never reconcile that either.

Perhaps the Living Tribunal just felt it needed Scathan's approval to judge himself. I have no clue, it makes no sense.

apex_pretador
Originally posted by Cogito
Yeah I could never reconcile that either.

Perhaps the Living Tribunal just felt it needed Scathan's approval to judge himself. I have no clue, it makes no sense.
A celestial can't judge someone superior to them.

Genii96
Scathan crushes him

Cogito
Originally posted by apex_pretador
A celestial can't judge someone superior to them. Judge =/= overpower

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

Devastating move? It was a thumbs down.
... true, ... that devastated Protege, stomping all his stacked powers and making him in-affective.

But in all seriousness,
what I have always found odd is that after Scathan removed the energy bindings from Protege,
LT proceeded to judge/own him without any issue:

Why were LT's powers all of the sudden effective, iyo?
In all seriousness? Then in that case,

... the reason is simple and in the very same scans you just posted ...

... like notice all-mighty Scathan still gripping Protege with his bare hands.

LT "judged" (I wouldn't say "owned) a subdued Protege. Courtesy of Scathan. smile

Galan007
So you're assuming that Scathan physically holding Protege somehow rendered him inert? Then why bother with the energy muzzle at all?

zopzop
Devastating move? It was a thumbs down. laughing out loud
That's not what he's talking about. Scathan released an energy attack that scattered everyone there just prior to the "thumbs down" :
https://s22.postimg.org/c7vqtkkwt/1188342_p9.jpg

Do you not see Scathan restraining the Protege? The only reason he was able to pass judgement is because Scathan maintained order in the 'court' by protecting the LT and everyone there from the Protege's rampage.

So you're assuming that Scathan physically holding Protege somehow rendered him inert? Then why bother with the energy muzzle at all?
The energy muzzle is/was like restraining a violent person in a court house with shackles.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up Pretty much. Gotta love how quans still a gutless troll Says the guy who won't respond to me directly or articulate a point. wink

Galan007
That's not what he's talking about. Scathan released an energy attack that scattered everyone there just prior to the "thumbs down" :
https://s22.postimg.org/c7vqtkkwt/1188342_p9.jpg That isn't what he was talking about. We just clarified that above.

...And I was just joking with him anyway.

Do you not see Scathan restraining the Protege? Of course I do, zop. However, the energy muzzle was removed when LT rendered his judgement, so Protege's powers should have been active. Seems like you guys are assuming Scathan's physical touch is also capable of negating Protege..? Why not just chalk that scene up to the inconsistent PIS it is?

zopzop
you guys are assuming Scathan's physical touch is also capable of negating Protege..?
Why wouldn't it? Everyone there was an 'omnipotent' he could have been doing a lot more than physically restraining the Protege and it just appeared that it was merely physical. We already know for sure that it was Scathan's power that saved the day (confirmed in LTs handbook entry). So it doesn't matter how or why it worked, we KNOW that it worked because Scathan > Protege and everyone there combined.

Galan007
Why wouldn't it? Everyone there was an 'omnipotent' he could have been doing a lot more than physically restraining the Protege and it just appeared that it was merely physical. We already know for sure that it was Scathan's power that saved the day (confirmed in LTs handbook entry). So it doesn't matter how or why it worked, we KNOW that it worked because Scathan > Protege and everyone there combined. I'm not doubting Scathan's superority. But when the muzzle was removed, and Protege had full view of LT(and the other cosmics) again, his powers *should* have been reactivated... Yet LT was all of the sudden able to judge him without so much as a pause.

You can try to apply logic/assumptions to that portion of the scene all you'd like, but I take it as exactly what it is: PIS. Doesn't diminish Scathan's feat, mind you... It's just a pretty stupid loose end, is all.

Mr Master

That's not what he's talking about.

Scathan released an energy attack that scattered everyone there just prior to the "thumbs down"

That isn't what he was talking about. We just clarified that above.
That's hilarious that all 3 of us are on different pages concerning this detail.

I was talking about, what both of yall are saying, only as one.

What I mean is, I always took that scene as Scathan's "thumb's down" being the attack of energy.
Basically his gesture = the attack.
BUT, since he shot him from an off-panel angel,
he could've also blasted him, and THEN given the thumbs down, as I believe Zop is seeing it.
The "energy" doubtlessly came from Scathan directly, so,
it's a matter of, did he shoot first, or did he gesture and this produced a shot?

I just noticed it makes no difference. I would've edited this out, but meh, it's a cool read imo.

It's worth noting, (confirmed on panel in the story)
that Eternity was "multiversal" in that story,
and Hawkgod was "nigh multiversal"
LT was above them both.

They weren't the target, nevertheless they all got tossed from the boombastic Scathan blast.

...And I was just joking with him anyway.
pfft

Galan007
Yay we all win!!! g007_pirate

leonidas
PIS. Doesn't diminish Scathan's feat, mind you... It's just a pretty stupid loose end, is all.

thumb up

one of the dumbest scenes in comics. course, that was the same title where logan fought gladiator for....days? and ended up the winner iirc. good ole gotg....

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
course, that was the same title where logan fought gladiator for....days? and ended up the winner iirc. good ole gotg....
Nope. That was actually a stupendous showing for Gladiator because not only did he withstand Wolverine's claws he also broke one of them off in a rage.
https://s13.postimg.org/bxosgkktj/2145448_wolverine_vs_gladiator_galactic_guardi.jpg
He beat Wolverine, not the other way around.

Compare that to his recent showing when the Annihilators took on the Avengers and Wolverine stabbed right through him.

EDIT -
This site has excellent summaries and confirms my memory of the issue :
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/timelines/guardians-of-the-galaxy/page/0/1

Galan007
As leo said: Wolverine stalemated Gladiator for SIX DAYS:
http://i.imgur.com/E6coiQZ.jpg

I don't care if he ultimately broke Adamantium -- it still took Gladiator nearly a week to defeat Wolverine. That is an absolutely terrible(and outright stupid) showing for him. GotG was just flat-out bad at times. srsly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.