Darth Bane vs Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Time for a rematch. Fight takes place in the fields of Naboo.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Who wins?

chingchangwalla
Bane hate aside, it's a good enough match but Dooku being somewhat able to meet Anakin head on who was described as having the force of a meteor strike is beyond Bane. Dooku is just better

Ursumeles
Dooku
Probably Bane
Either way, tbh

SunRazer
I might entertain a debate in Force only. Tyranus should take sabers, though.

carthage
Dooku outclasses and stomps

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
Time for a rematch. Fight takes place in the fields of Naboo.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Who wins?

1. Dooku without question.

2. Dooku's cruisers feat and ragdolling of Obi Wan give him the win.

3. Dooku, naturally.

SunRazer
How do people think Bane's Force feats compare to Dooku's cruiser-throwing?

chingchangwalla
Ehh I mean they're impressive but it's not like they haven't been replicated by others :/

Ursumeles
Bane dies.
I am willing to back Dooku in all now, tbh.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Ehh I mean they're impressive but it's not like they haven't been replicated by others :/
But by Bane?

Jmanghan
Bane collapsed the Temple of the Ancients on Kas'im.

....while heavily amped.

Its his best feat though.

MythLord
He's been stated as far more powerful than he ever was before in Rule of Two, though. So that means RoT Bane > Lehon, Temple-busting Bane.

Then you add the fact that Bane became even more powerful by Dynasty of Evil and he should be launching the temple into orbit. thumb up Then of course there's shielding a drexl and himself for an extremely lengthy period of time while it flew from one planet to another.

Said drexl is larger than normal drexls that can be anywhere from 3 to 5 meters in height, and are even longer.

SunRazer
When has Bane replicated the hurling of several 215m cruisers in rapid succession with ease? And then the compression of their remnants together to block the hangar entrance, also with ease?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ursumeles
But by Bane?
I'm talking about Bane.

SunRazer
What proof is there that DoE Bane > Orbalisk RoT Bane in the Force?

Tondemonai
Dooku
Bane, barely
Dooku

Beniboybling
Stop asking difficult questions Nova and accept the ground realities of Bane.

McP
Dooku in all, with moderate difficulty

Ziggystardust
Dooku wins the first in a semi-decent fight and might loose the first in a tough battle and wins again in the 3rd.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku in all.

Fated Xtasy
I might entertain a debate in Force only. Tyranus should take sabers, though.

thumb up

TenebrousWay
Dooku takes sabers and all out.

Force, by scaling, can be debated.

BazookaMaster
Dooku 10/10 sabers, Force 5/10, 8/10 all out

SunRazer
No arguments for Bane? That's disappointing.

DMB, Neph?

SunRazer
Since you're on DMB, care to give some arguments?

UCanShootMyNova
He doesn't like to talk about Bane here. smile

SunRazer
But he just did in Bane vs Ti smile

UCanShootMyNova
He was referring to the inconsistencies in the video not who would win the fight itself otherwise carth would've come down on him like that temple in PoD. smile

SunRazer
I'm sure two Orbalisks will make him feel more powerful than ever before.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
( I'm sorry Emp. I don't mean to derive so much pleasure from your pain but... It's pretty funny you gotta admit. :3 )

SunRazer
You're weak.

UCanShootMyNova
Teach me how to be strong Noviekin. :6

SunRazer
I couldn't possibly comment.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Teach me how to be strong Noviekin. :6
I can tech you that.

UCanShootMyNova
KK... K. wink

Ursumeles
First, you must admit that Jacen Solo>Exar Kun.

UCanShootMyNova
Caedus or Jedi Jacen?

Ursumeles
Caedus.
You can also say Jedi Jacen>Kun, tho smile

Fated Xtasy
How do people think Bane's Force feats compare to Dooku's cruiser-throwing?

Well. He has a comparable, perhaps even greater command of the Force than Dooku due to his giant reservoir of knowledge and power he's amassed over the years.

His fest on Lehon is often considered the best one he has, but imo it's far more impressive to me that he did this at a relatively low level and then continued to grow in power as he aged.

What proof is there that DoE Bane > Orbalisk RoT Bane in the Force?

He's grown more powerful, studied various Holocrons and has impressively retooled his style to make up for being a mere fraction slower. Regardless of what you may believe, Bane at this stage is leaps and bounds above his RoT(maybe not in speed/strength) and PoD incarnations. He's far more experienced, fights smarter and less like a tank.

Merely from looking at the book, its pretty clear Bane remains a force to be reckoned with. As for your proof, I do believe Zannah states that Bane was far more powerful in DoE than when she faced him in his Orbalisks. One of the others can share the quote, I'm sure.

Forgive any grammatical errors, i just woke up and am heading to work

SunRazer
I'll respond tomorrow.

Fated Xtasy
I'll respond tomorrow.

I expect it to see it in English AND Spanish

SunRazer
No quiero hacerlo.

Fated Xtasy
No quiero hacerlo.

Y yo no quiero defender a Bane. Hazlo o si no voy a empezar a ser mas coqueto contigo. :3

SunRazer
You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

Ziggystardust
Don't be gay Nova lol

SunRazer
I assure you that there is no risk of that.

Fated Xtasy
I assure you that there is no risk of that.

That can be corrected.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That can be corrected.

You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

Fated Xtasy

Eso no es un "No" Novahkiin wink

NewGuy01
すぺいんごは だいきらい。uhuh

Ursumeles

NewGuy01
しんでください。 smile

Fated Xtasy

Dark-Kenshin
Dooku considers replacing Ventress with a new apprentice, but then decides against it. After seeing how easily he prevails in the battle, he thanks the force he didn't second guess his decision.

Ursumeles
LOL only if it's a challenge.
wink

UCanShootMyNova
What's with all this less folk speak?

NewGuy01
Nein.

That wasn't directed at you, fool.

Google translate is shit and can't Japanese. Although admittedly my line there was slightly incorrect grammatically anyways.

SunRazer
Look at these fools thinking they can speak Japanese.

Beniboybling
Konichiwa.

JKBart
JEBAĆ POLSKĘ
NAJGORSZY KRAJ NA ŚWIECIE KURWA

Beniboybling
Originally posted by JKBart
**** POLAND
WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHOREsmile

Fated Xtasy
Nova~

Eso no es un "No" Novahkiin wink

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That wasn't directed at you, fool.

I love it when you talk down at me yes

NewGuy01

Oh, I definitely can't. I can construct simple sentences on internet forums though. shifty

Fated Xtasy
http://67.media.tumblr.com/0abbfc1fbeab75052271cf3434f30d3c/tumblr_ms1eb9adPX1s89mq8o1_500.gif

MythLord

SunRazer
@Fated - Don't rush me. I've been trying to get something set up for Anakin. And dealing with a lot of other walls of text.

SunRazer
Well. He has a comparable, perhaps even greater command of the Force than Dooku due to his giant reservoir of knowledge and power he's amassed over the years.

Perhaps, but not enough to overcome Tyranus' advantage as a fencer, I don't think.

It's not that impressive, and certainly not better than Tyranus' showings.

Yes.

Fair enough. But even if Bane was more powerful Tyranus could certainly contend per his showings with the cruisers and other scaling methods. Likewise, I'm inclined to believe that his superiority as a swordsman should see him through. In a contest between two combatants where one holds the slight edge with the blade and one holds the slight edge in the Force, the former tends to triumph. I'm inclined to believe that would be the case here as well.

Nephthys
It's not that impressive, and certainly not better than Tyranus' showings.

Would you like me to post images for the size of the temple Bane destroyed?

SunRazer
He destroyed the supports after gathering energies on an incredibly powerful nexus during Kas'im's speech, and gravity did the rest.

Nephthys
Not true, thats just fanon bs. He destroyed the temple. Nowhere does it say he only destroyed the supports.

SunRazer
Not at all. The text explicitly notes that he shattered the walls and archway, and the roof of the Temple came tumbling down a second later, and that the Temple continued to implode afterwards. He set up a chain reaction that imploded the Temple - he didn't bring 100% of it down.

Granted, the supports were very large nevertheless, but as I said, that isn't a showing that eclipses Dooku's, especially not when Bane has to gather energies on a potent nexus during someone's speech to do it.

Nephthys
Destroying the walls of the temple is the same thing as destroying the building. A building is 80% walls and interior, especially this one. Even if he didn't destroy literally every single part of it its still the same feat.

And the wave wouldn't hit all parts of the temple at the same time so your highlight is irrelevant.

It is beyond Dooku.

SunRazer
He didn't destroy that giant spire, though. Which makes up a lot of the Temple.

Also, I doubt he destroyed the rear portions of the Temple, just the proximate walls and archway.

Nephthys
What, lol? It doesn't say that at all. Like I said, you're just spinning a ton of fanon bs to diminish a feat you don't like.

Your doubts are noted. Unfortunately the text doesn't support them remotely.

Fated Xtasy
Yo back the **** off this mein debate lol.

Also Nova I thought we were doing a force only debate?

SunRazer
I thought it was all-out. Ah, my bad.

carthage
Dooku stomps, it's no contest

red8
Bane wins.

carthage
Bane wins a free coffin which he gets buried in

Make it a feeb like Meetra and it's probably a fair fight

The Ellimist
DoE Bane + Lehon + Orbalisks probably wins.

Fated Xtasy
I thought it was all-out. Ah, my bad.

I'll respond regardless. Will respond in five years time thumb up

carthage
Bane gets stomped.

Fated Xtasy
/shrug.

Nova asked for someone to spar with. I wanted to spar too so lol whatever.

Fated Xtasy
Perhaps, but not enough to overcome Tyranus' advantage as a fencer, I don't think.

Force Fight only, so I'm gonna ignore dis stick out tongue

Perhaps battering down the tattered remains of the Lehon temple isn't as comparable as throwing around ancient cruisers, but thanks to logical assumption and Bane's growth in power, we can correctly estimate that Bane should be able to achieve the same feat without the need of a nexus.

Now his telekinetic ability shouldn't be entirely dismissed, he has been able to break the defenses of Qordis, who was stated by Palpatine to be among the strongest of BoD. A kindly reminder to you, Nova, that this Bane before his prime.

I dont doubt that the Good Count could contend with Bane in an epic battle.

ah, but is that slight edge enough to give Bane the majority win? Curious what you have to say. The floor is yours, Novahkiin.

SunRazer
Perhaps battering down the tattered remains of the Lehon temple isn't as comparable as throwing around ancient cruisers, but thanks to logical assumption and Bane's growth in power, we can correctly estimate that Bane should be able to achieve the same feat without the need of a nexus.

Don't forget that Bane gathered his energies whilst Kas'im talked.

Not particularly special. Dooku's routinely shown the ability to break the defenses of more powerful figures. His ability to wreck vastly more powerful beings in Ventress gives him the edge in any comparison of characters dominated.

Depends. I'm honestly reconsidering whether Bane has the Force edge now, to be honest. Anything to convince me?

The Merchant
Since Bane in DOE stated he's stronger than any other point in time in the past that means he could wipe out a planets surface. Coupled with the fact that he's stated to have surpassed all Sith before him including Vitiate and Nihilus who could also life wipe a planet the scaling fits. This all depends however much you think Dooku benefits from the RO2 scaling.

SunRazer
How does Bane stating that he's stronger than ever before mean that he can wipe out a planet's surface?

The Merchant
I would assume that statement of his includes his Ruusan ritual which really was just him getting his power amp'd by 30+ Sith. If we're including his Lehon feat as him being ampd to his statement of being stronger than before I don't see why we can't extend that to the Ruusan Ritual X3.

Ziggystardust
Accept the ground realities of Bane boys n gals laughing out loud

SunRazer
Originally posted by The Merchant
I would assume that statement of his includes his Ruusan ritual which really was just him getting his power amp'd by 30+ Sith. If we're including his Lehon feat as him being ampd to his statement of being stronger than before I don't see why we can't extend that to the Ruusan Ritual X3.

The quote about Bane more powerful than ever doesn't mean that he could do the ritual on a whim erm

The Merchant
It wasn't really even a ritual though, it was just him getting his power amplified by 30+ Sith just like how Lehon a DS nexus would amplify his power unless there's more info to that "ritual" I have yet to see. There's also how he surpassed all other Sith before him and how his power was the greatest Dark Side energy Cognus has ever seen who witnessed the destruction of Ambria, another life wiping event. Of course this doesn't mean Dooku is out, but it depends how much you think the followers of Palpatine benefit from the RO2 scaling.

SunRazer
It was a ritual. He pretty much says that right in the book.

Bane in DoE couldn't even suck the life out of a dozen cultists without drawing on Andeddu's Keep. He's not wiping the life off entire planets.

Fated Xtasy

The Ellimist
It was a ritual. He pretty much says that right in the book.

Bane in DoE couldn't even suck the life out of a dozen cultists without drawing on Andeddu's Keep. He's not wiping the life off entire planets.

Pretty sure Merchant is messing with you lol.

SunRazer
Perhaps.

That's not what I said. I said dominating Ventress > dominating Qordis, which it is. I also said that Dooku's record of dominating Force users surpasses Bane's, which is also true.

No, I'm just curious as to how Qordis is supposed to be special when Dooku's done better.

Since when did I ever apply Banite Sith scaling for Tyranus? Your herrings are redder than Tyranus' blade, lol.

Hurl 215m cruisers with ease? Kill people who were relatively unharmed by rancors falling on them with Force Lightning whilst mortally injured?

MythLord
Isn't it better to mention how Ventress endured and survived being choked by Anakin, and then getting electrecuted via several of Coruscant's power cables(which, IIRC, hold a significant deal of energy in them) before falling down?

I mean, that blows getting sat on by a rancor out of the water.

Also, getting smashed by a pillar.

SunRazer
Forgot about that. Yeah, she survived being electrocuted and then falling from Coruscant skyscrapers. Pretty insane that a mortally injured Dooku could kill her with Lightning, then.

Fated Xtasy

That's not what I said. I said dominating Ventress > dominating Qordis, which it is. I also said that Dooku's record of dominating Force users surpasses Bane's, which is also true.

The point is conceded, then. However we will yield no result if we merely compare the combatants foes and not their own ability.

I'll begin.

I merely drew a comparison between the two, both have been considered powerful by Sidious, no? Why should Bane's feat of utterly destroying Qordis be any less impressive when both are clearly strong in Sidious' eyes?

You mentioned that Dooku is above Bane through scaling methods, I figured Banite scaling was what you had in mind.

Destroying the temple while greatly amped by both Lehon and the Temple, then becoming more powerful than that iteration of him and the iteration that was encased in the Orbalisks suggest he is capable of the same Telekinetic power, if not more so.

As for your lightning feat.

As well as this.

Bane's lightning is equally as powerful as that of Tyranus. So I doubt that the Count has any edge in this department.

Your move.

Beniboybling
Dooku in a near stomp.

SunRazer
I'll respond later, but this is going nicely.

carthage
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Dooku in a near stomp.

The Ellimist
Bane couldn't beat a battle meditation amped Rastka when his body was covered in lightsaber proof armor.

|King Joker|
If it wasn't for Farfalla, Lsu would've been splattered on the walls.

Fated Xtasy
I'll respond later, but this is going nicely.
Hm? Am I providing an adequate challenge? Or not a challenge at all?

Curious is all

SunRazer
I merely drew a comparison between the two, both have been considered powerful by Sidious, no? Why should Bane's feat of utterly destroying Qordis be any less impressive when both are clearly strong in Sidious' eyes?

The fact that Sidious considers them both "strong" doesn't mean they're near each other by any metric. That's an incredibly flawed comparison.

Ventress shits on Qordis in every way.

No, scaling off people like Ventress. Who are more powerful than beings who can dominate Anakin a few months after his dreadnought feat.

It's not just that he was amped, but he also gathered energies on such a potent nexus whilst Kas'im was talking. And he didn't even destroy the temple, just the walls and archway.

Your first quote isn't impressive. Bane smoking a few soldiers over several seconds and making them dance with Lightning doesn't compare to killing Ventress whilst mortally injured, given Ventress' own durability showings.

Your second quote compares, but hardly equalizes it. Ventress is infinitely more durable than some drexl riders.

Fated Xtasy
The fact that Sidious considers them both "strong" doesn't mean they're near each other by any metric. That's an incredibly flawed comparison.

Ventress shits on Qordis in every way.

She may very well be his superior. But regardless of what you think both the PoD book, Guides and the ever omniscient narrator all state that Qordis is a powerful lord.

-----

That fact that several Lords, the likes of which include Kasim, and Sith such as Kaox Krul, all held him in a high regard does speak of his ability.

Which is nice, but not like it is impossible for Bane to achieve the same results against Anakin erm

Which still takes raw Force ability and strength, even then his DOE iteration is still canonically superior to all others, amped or otherwise.

I see.

Very well.

Yet again. We have an example were Bane's lighting is enough to Blacken and ashen the Orbalisks. I trust i needn't say anything about these Orbalisks yes?

Lastly. We have Bane doing this, in a weakened state.

Regardless of whatever Ventress has, Bane is still her superior, I dare say he would even have an easier time killiing her. His lightnin is evidently more potent than Dooku's and his strength in the Force has continuously grown over the past decades, not diminished in any significant way. So I'm not seeing how this feat of Dooku's is impressive in the slightest. Bane has greater strength in the Force, a deadlier FLS and better durability feats.

I look forward to your response.

Fated Xtasy
http://www.mnu.edu/mnublogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Waiting.gif

Deronn_solo
The Count still sweeps.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.