Rebels Ahsoka vs TFU Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Fight takes place in the Ancient Abyss on Felucia.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Ursumeles
Ashoka
Dunno
Ashoka

Maul dies, btw.

MythLord
Shaak sweeps smile

SunRazer
How does she win sabers?

MythLord
I dunno when Zen will answer, but she was winning pretty convincingly against Galen and whatnot. Also MagnaGuard hype will forever be a thing, even with "b-but, da unpredictabiliteh!"

chingchangwalla
Ahsoka takes sabers and all out, Shaak takes force.

SunRazer
You don't need to use anything specific to disprove her fight against the Magnaguards. It's clear that she performed very differently in that second half as compared to everything else. It's up to you people to prove it's validity under normal circumstances.

And assuming that the Magnaguards are the same ones as the ones that gave Obi-Wan trouble is a stretch also.

Winning against apprentice Galen isn't on par with stalemating Maul erm

SunRazer
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Ashoka
Dunno
Ashoka

Maul dies, btw.

Ahsoka landing a leeway Push on Vader doesn't fully justify her splitting Force with Shaak, does it?

Ursumeles
Kek @Statlemating Maul being good smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ahsoka landing a leeway Push on Vader doesn't fully justify her splitting Force with Shaak, does it?
Nah, she probably loses, I just wasn't sure if I forgot some feat.

MythLord
You don't need to use anything specific to disprove her fight against the Magnaguards. It's clear that she performed very differently in that second half as compared to everything else. It's up to you people to prove it's validity under normal circumstances.

And assuming that the Magnaguards are the same ones as the ones that gave Obi-Wan trouble is a stretch also.

Winning against apprentice Galen isn't on par with stalemating Maul erm

I'm fairly certain I already did. She dispatched a MagnaGuard in a short amount of time in both occasions, and both occasions were an extremely short exchange. In her duel with the entire horde, it was a solid minute or so that she held them off prior to grabbing the saber staff. And this was after running around Coruscant.

The MGs Shaak fought were noted as GG's absolute elite; the same Obi faced.

The same Maul that got beat by Kanan, and knocked on his ass by Ezra? lmao

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
I'm fairly certain I already did. She dispatched a MagnaGuard in a short amount of time in both occasions, and both occasions were an extremely short exchange. In her duel with the entire horde, it was a solid minute or so that she held them off prior to grabbing the saber staff. And this was after running around Coruscant.

The MGs Shaak fought were noted as GG's absolute elite; the same Obi faced.

The same Maul that got beat by Kanan, and knocked on his ass by Ezra? lmao

1. Untrue. She spends way longer fighting a lone Magnaguard earlier on the moving platform. Clearly, her ability to fight in large crowds and the electrostaff both influenced her performance at the end there, which is why it's a one-off and she was losing pretty hard when she was fighting them from the outside with just her lightsaber.

2. Where?

3. Ahsoka also holds her own against Vader.

MythLord
1. We see her fighting one, then leaping to another. The whole exchange took about was somewhat longer than Foul Moudama pushing a MagnaGuard, which is obviously going to last like... two seconds, at best?

Then there's her fight in the underground train routes of Coruscant where she fights two, then when we cut back to her she's only fighting one and barely even focusing on him.

2. "When Grievous kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine on Coruscant, a force of his remaining battle hardened elite accompanied him to distract any Jedi during his escape."

-- The Official Starships & Vehicle Vehicles Collection #20

"The remainder of Grievous' elite would suffer a similar fate on Utapau, in a warm up round for Kenobi's confrontation with the cyborg general."

-- Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary (updated 2015 version)

3. And was driven back consistently and considerably pressured by Vader. I feel Shaak can also get driven back quickly, and noticeably overwhelmed. Not to mention this is Canon Vader, who isn't quite on par with his Legends self.

And a noticeably pre-prime Ti held off Knightfall Anakin well enough not to die, so yeah.

SunRazer
1. What leaping to another? Screenshot it. There's also the fight in the railway station. Shaak obviously wasn't tearing them apart as quickly as she did later on. And again, she was performing noticeably worse in the first half when she wasn't fighting amidst them with an electrostaff. Something tells me that the changed circumstances were the reason she suddenly did better.

2. Well, if I wanted to nitpick, the sources claim when he made his escape, not when he made his attack. But I have no intention of continuing this, so I'll concede.

3. Proof for either of those claims?

MythLord
1. https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA?t=324

In the railway station she is fighting two, then when it cuts back to her she's fighting one and mostly running away from it, trying to get back the Chancellor. Then when she actually engages it, she shits on it faster than the train can pass by them(which, again, is maybe a few seconds).

The staff definitely helped her, but she's fending off a horde of them for a solid minute. Given how Kenobi can have trouble with a few, it doesn't surprise me nearly two dozen can overwhelm Shaak Ti. It is still an extremely impressive feat.

3. EU Vader's feats are better(nigh-speedblitzing Ferus Olin, stomping Jax Pavan, murking groups of Jedi, etc.). And as for Shaak fighting Lord Vader:

"Shaak Ti was at the Jedi Temple when Vader attacked, and narrowly escaped death at the hands of the immensely more powerful Sith Lord."

-- The Official Starships & Vehicle Vehicles Collection #51

Granted, it notes Lord Vader was immensely more powerful, but it also notes she escaped death at his hands when many believed she dies(as per TCSWE), so she held her own enough to survive(and for several other padawans and Knights to escape as per the TFU Databank).

SunRazer
1. She wasn't leaping to anything new. Only 2 Magnaguards are shown there, with a third arriving to be Pushed off the ledge. She pretty much just attacked the same one with an acrobatic attack, lol.

Impressive to what degree?

2. EU Vader is canonically weaker than RotS Anakin by this time in terms of sabers, whereas Canon Vader appears to be stronger (or at least, it's never stated that he got weaker).

She escaped, but did she even face him direct combat? Somebody persuaded me otherwise.

Besides, escaping could just as easily refer to how lucky you are or if somebody else sacrificed themselves so you could escape. KotOR Revan escaped from Darth Malak on the Leviathan, as well.

Beniboybling
Not this magnaguard bullshit again lol. Like Nova said its a simple matter of spot the difference:

https://j.gifs.com/0RxkPN.gif

https://j.gifs.com/L9qkzD.gif

Exhibit A, Ti fails to destroy a single opponent and is disarmed. Exhibit B, Ti slaughters them like a bull in a china shop. She was advantaged, yeah.

chingchangwalla
You tell em Beni.

cs_zoltan
Yeah it's not like the top gif is not impressive whatsoever.

Beniboybling
Because that's what I said.

chingchangwalla
Pong Krell fcking butchering the best clones at the time with ease doesn't impress you, but Shaak Ti losing to Magnaguards does?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord
I dunno when Zen will answer.

confused

I would comment because....why? Force Users aren't my forte.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Pong Krell fcking butchering the best clones at the time with ease doesn't impress you, but Shaak Ti losing to Magnaguards does?

It's almost as if like Magnaguards >>> clones.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Zenwolf
confused

I would comment because....why?
Zen answered all questions of the Universe.
/Therad

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's almost as if like Magnaguards >>> clones.
All of those clones would've killed those magnaguards.

cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/Fml0fgAxVx1eM/giphy.gif

Emperordmb
Ahsoka wins sabers and all-out, maybe or maybe not force as well.

Cause lets be real, Ahsoka's duel against Vader is more impressive than Shaak dueling a Galen whose only dueling feat is beating Kota, and these "elites" are better compared to the ones who got matched/beaten by a Jedi Grievous one shotted, got danced around by Fisto, and got tagged by Red Guards, than to the ones that gave Anakin and Obi-Wan trouble.

Deronn_solo
Ashoka dominates.

UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka.
Shaak.
Ahsoka.

MythLord
1. She wasn't leaping to anything new. Only 2 Magnaguards are shown there, with a third arriving to be Pushed off the ledge. She pretty much just attacked the same one with an acrobatic attack, lol.

Impressive to what degree?

2. EU Vader is canonically weaker than RotS Anakin by this time in terms of sabers, whereas Canon Vader appears to be stronger (or at least, it's never stated that he got weaker).

She escaped, but did she even face him direct combat? Somebody persuaded me otherwise.

Besides, escaping could just as easily refer to how lucky you are or if somebody else sacrificed themselves so you could escape. KotOR Revan escaped from Darth Malak on the Leviathan, as well.

1. I mean, the MGs were dropping from the sky, so it is possible she's leaping to a new MG. Not that it'd matter, since the exchange is, at best, a few seconds long.

Impressive enough to mark her at least comparable to Obi, in her prime.

2. I mean, this is Knightfall Anakin who Fisto'ed Cin Drallig, so that is better than Canon Vader who is only subjectively superior to Skywalker.

3. I mean, it is noted in the TFU databank she stalled long enough for many'a'padawan to escape, and I doubt she would let a padawan or Knight just jump in and get speedblitzed by Vader. And as per TCSWE, many believed she was killed by Vader when he cornered her, so they saw a fight going on.

Zenwolf
The Databank of TFU says nothing about Anakin and Ti solely, just there was the attack, she rallied Jedi and did evacs.

Dread Dark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ahsoka wins sabers and all-out, maybe or maybe not force as well.

Cause lets be real, Ahsoka's duel against Vader is more impressive than Shaak dueling a Galen whose only dueling feat is beating Kota, and these "elites" are better compared to the ones who got matched/beaten by a Jedi Grievous one shotted, got danced around by Fisto, and got tagged by Red Guards, than to the ones that gave Anakin and Obi-Wan trouble.

Id be inclined to believe you on that part...its just a few factors here.

1. Was Darth Vader..hindered in ANYWAY...because I saw sudtle hints.

2. I need....more of Ahsoka to make a proper decuction (That novel will do)

3. Ahsoka isnt too far back imo, I think she has hella improved.

She needs more time to cook, to me this is too raw...now if Daddy disney does jack **** then Ill say yeah sure That Vader duel is all she has on skill scaling and yada yada yada yada.

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The Databank of TFU says nothing about Anakin and Ti solely, just there was the attack, she rallied Jedi and did evacs.

I am combining all the sources noting the engagement to try and form a coherent recreation of what happened.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Dread Dark
Id be inclined to believe you on that part...its just a few factors here.

1. Was Darth Vader..hindered in ANYWAY...because I saw sudtle hints.
Filoni said he wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

2. I need....more of Ahsoka to make a proper decuction (That novel will do)

3. Ahsoka isnt too far back imo, I think she has hella improved.

She needs more time to cook, to me this is too raw...now if Daddy disney does jack **** then Ill say yeah sure That Vader duel is all she has on skill scaling and yada yada yada yada.
Well I mean Ahsoka really doesn't have that much less exposure than Ti does as a duelist so I don't see why this is an issue.

Dread Dark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Filoni said he wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

Well I mean Ahsoka really doesn't have that much less exposure than Ti does as a duelist so I don't see why this is an issue.

Ahhh very good, still I just personally want more because I swear to god if some dumbshit happens and Ahsoka jobs, like loosing to Ezra or Kanan...because plot.

INTERESTING....then why did he that time? (Why did he let her live?)

Then my head will be in a scrabble, Id rather play stratego.

Let us hope she is consistent.....hehehehe LET US HOPE!!

BazookaMaster
Ahsoka wins sabers and all out, Shaak wins Force

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Ahsoka dominates.

Beniboybling
Good to see you back Joker. smile

Zenwolf
Ahhh very good, still I just personally want more because I swear to god if some dumbshit happens and Ahsoka jobs, like loosing to Ezra or Kanan...because plot.

INTERESTING....then why did he that time? (Why did he let her live?)

Then my head will be in a scrabble, Id rather play stratego.

Let us hope she is consistent.....hehehehe LET US HOPE!!

He didn't let her live, he left it as ambiguous because he chickened out on giving an actual clarifying ending.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Good to see you back Joker. smile <3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.