Valkorion runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
*Force and Melee only
*Full heal after each round
*Starting distance: 10m

Trash: Revan
1. Darth Krayt
2. Darth Caedus
3. Darth Plagueis
4. RotS Yoda
5. RotJ Sidious
6. TUF Luke
7. DN Luke
8. Oneness-Ben
9. Sarasu Taalon
10. Oneness Luke
11. Oneness Jacen(TUF)
12. The Father

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ursumeles

You know its a tough gauntlet when Revan's the trash

Ursumeles
Ants going to kill me, when he sees Caedus>Krayt>Revan
I personally not necesssary agree with that btw(only with the Caedus> ^^), but Krayt is here in the forum ranked higher than Revan. And Caedus is the gawd.

SunRazer
Down at RotJ Sidious.

Azronger
Stops at 4.

Tondemonai

UCanShootMyNova

BazookaMaster

Trocity
Originally posted by SunRazer
Down at RotJ Sidious.

TenebrousWay

Ziggystardust
Done at 6.

The Ellimist
3-4.

The Ellimist
up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
3-4.
thumb up

Waiting for LeGenD.

Jmanghan
*Force and Melee only
*Full heal after each round
*Starting distance: 10m

1. Darth Krayt
2. Darth Caedus
3. Darth Plagueis
4. RotS Yoda
5. RotJ Sidious
6. TUF Luke
7. DN Luke
8. Oneness-Ben
9. Sarasu Taalon
10. Oneness Luke
11. Oneness Jacen(TUF)
12. The Father

Oneness Ben isn't that great tbh.

Jmanghan
Ants going to kill me, when he sees Caedus>Krayt>Revan
I personally not necesssary agree with that btw(only with the Caedus> ^^), but Krayt is here in the forum ranked higher than Revan. And Caedus is the gawd. I don't see how.

Revan is superior to both of them in the force, and comparable with a saber.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Revan is trash?
2. Darth Caedus above Darth Krayt?
3. Oneness Luke Skywalker is below Oneness Jacen?
4. Sarasu Taalon that high?

You perceptions are trash TIER.

The Ellimist
Lmfao Legend is beginning to sound like a Trump supporter.

Revan is trash for the purposes of this gauntlet because he has no realistic chance of beating Valkorion, so his presence here is superfluous. Caedus being above Krayt is a defensible position given his stated superiority to Vader, his damage soak and versatility, and his performance against Luke. Oneness Jacen was in harmony with the Force to an extent never seen before or maybe since; it's not like Luke in oneness (presumably referring to vs. Abeloth in FotJ: Vortex) is automatically greater just because his baseline is greater than Jacen's; "oneness" can amp to different degrees based on circumstance.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
1. Revan is trash?
2. Darth Caedus above Darth Krayt?
3. Oneness Luke Skywalker is below Oneness Jacen?

You perceptions are trash TIER.
1. I had Caedus>Krayt>Revan back then
2. See above. In all out Caedus>Krabyt, tho.
3. Yes. Oneness Jacen was stated to be the most powerful Jedi in history.

Valkorion>The Ones is worse.

Ursumeles
Lmfao Legend is beginning to sound like a Trump supporter.

Revan is trash for the purposes of this gauntlet because he has no realistic chance of beating Valkorion, so his presence here is superfluous. Caedus being above Krayt is a defensible position given his stated superiority to Vader, his damage soak and versatility, and his performance against Luke. Oneness Jacen was in harmony with the Force to an extent never seen before or maybe since; it's not like Luke in oneness (presumably referring to vs. Abeloth in FotJ: Vortex) is automatically greater just because his baseline is greater than Jacen's; "oneness" can amp to different degrees based on circumstance.
yes

S_W_LeGenD
Revan is trash for the purposes of this gauntlet because he has no realistic chance of beating Valkorion, so his presence here is superfluous.
Same is true for much of your list.

Placing him beneath Darth Krayt and Darth Caedus is the point of contention. Revan has superior showings than either.

Caedus being above Krayt is a defensible position given his stated superiority to Vader, his damage soak and versatility, and his performance against Luke.
1. Darth Krayt fought Abeloth (alongside Luke Skywalker) and lived to tell the tale. And this was years before his prime.

2. Darth Vader have superior showings than Darth Caedus. Another reason to not take backcover marketing statements at face value.

Oneness Jacen was in harmony with the Force to an extent never seen before or maybe since;
According to a Jedi historian who cannot defend her position on this.

it's not like Luke in oneness (presumably referring to vs. Abeloth in FotJ: Vortex) is automatically greater just because his baseline is greater than Jacen's; "oneness" can amp to different degrees based on circumstance.
Seriously?

Luke Skywalker has superior connection with the Force or Jacen Solo?

The Ellimist
Same is true for much of your list.

Not really, no? With characters like Krayt, there's no direct comparison with Valkorion so things are more up in the air; not so with Revan. We know that he's below Valkorion, so the comparison is fruitless.

Revan couldn't stand up to novel Vitiate, while Caedus could stand up to Luke. The two aren't comparable.

Well, thanks for conceding that Valk loses to him then, lol.

But in all fairness, Krayt wasn't exactly fighting Abeloth one vs. one.

Regardless, I said that it was a defensible position, not that I thought it was accurate.

Vader was stalemating RotJ Luke. Do you think RotJ Luke could've put up that fight against his older self that we see Caedus do?

It's also supported by the description of his state - and you're assuming that the reputed historian made this up, rather than being told as much by an authoritative source, like Luke or Jacen.

This reply doesn't even make any sense.

S_W_LeGenD
Not really, no? With characters like Krayt, there's no direct comparison with Valkorion so things are more up in the air; not so with Revan. We know that he's below Valkorion, so the comparison is fruitless.
So cross-era comparisons justify your ridiculous assumptions?

Valkorion is miles ahead of Darth Krayt by virtue of power-scaling and his showings.

Revan couldn't stand up to novel Vitiate, while Caedus could stand up to Luke. The two aren't comparable.
Right.

Vitiate, during that era, was stronger than any Sith including Marka Ragnos, Karness Muur, Tulak Hord, Exar Kun* and Darth Nihilus. He had disposed off two rebellious Dark Councils before and transformed Dromund Kaas. He was also capable of defeating the trio of Revan, Meetra Surik and Lord Scourge, if this confrontation had taken place (independently, confirmed in the novel).

*Defeated Luke Skywalker in a confrontation centuries later.

Darth Caedus could stand up to Luke? The list is much bigger.

How many times I have to repeat the aforementioned facts?

Well, thanks for conceding that Valk loses to him then, lol.

But in all fairness, Krayt wasn't exactly fighting Abeloth one vs. one.

Regardless, I said that it was a defensible position, not that I thought it was accurate.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/698/489/2f7.png

You cannot compare the two situations.

Luke and Darth Krayt had no reason to hold back against Abeloth. It was a battle for survival for both. They could not save each other either. Luke survived by virtue of his extraordinary strength and Darth Krayt survived by virtue of his advanced techniques and tolerance.

Luke was holding back against Darth Caedus however. His greatest concern was that his son was there and on the brink of Dark Side, and Luke would not encourage his son towards that end. This is further evident from the fact that when Luke was serious, he literally immobilized Darth Caedus.

Vader was stalemating RotJ Luke. Do you think RotJ Luke could've put up that fight against his older self that we see Caedus do?
Do you really think that Darth Caedus fought Luke on equal terms?

Luke himself felt that his father was holding back against him. Not trying to cheapen his victory in this case but it is really difficult for a father to kill his own son.

It's also supported by the description of his state - and you're assuming that the reputed historian made this up, rather than being told as much by an authoritative source, like Luke or Jacen.
Did you read the novel? We can look at the actual source.

Kam Solusar's assumption does not have any credibility. Oneness situations are seldom documented and not possible to measure.

This reply doesn't even make any sense.
It does.

Luke had superior connection with the Force, and was more likely to experience oneness like situations and gain more from it accordingly. Common sense.

The Ellimist
So cross-era comparisons justify your ridiculous assumptions?

Valkorion is miles ahead of Darth Krayt by virtue of power-scaling and his showings.

You just powerscaled Krayt off of Abeloth. Where is Valkorion's power scaling? Beating up Arcann and Darth Marr? And the question is whether Krayt > Revan, not Valkorion.

Regardless, I don't think he stops at Krayt; my point was that because Krayt doesn't have direct era-comparisons with Valkorion, the Krayt vs. Valkorion debate is less precise than the Revan vs. Valkorion one, independent of whether Krayt > Revan.

So? See, it's like teaching an old dog tricks; every. Single. Time. You make random statements and refuse to explain how they prove your point. Here you at least elaborate on Exar Kun's point, but everything else is just stated randomly, and you expect people to make the link to Vitiate's superiority because you say so.

BTW, all of this is just based off of the in-universe citation of the TOR encyclopedia, which is apparently factual while the LotF: Invincible blurb is not. Because you say so of course.

Saying that it's a "marketing" statement doesn't magically make your opinion on what constitutes official literature, well, official.

Holy sh*t, it's like talking to a brick wall. Whenever we ask you why, if the prep and forewarning he had on his turf played no role in these victories, Vitiate never replicated any of these attacks when faced with strike teams again, your response is...well, nothing. Usually that's when you run away and call the other side a troll. Then you come back in another thread a week or two later and repeat the same tired old argument.

Again, you're barking up the wrong tree. Plagueis, for example, changed the weather of Naboo just by being there; Sidious did this to Vjun by presence of his hologram.

That was never confirmed, and it's a point against Vitiate. The fact that Scourge and Meetra are relevant in such a fight is hilarious.

Yeah, way to pretend that was Luke in his prime.

You keep repeating them because you never grasp the rebuttals given, such as the fact that you are incapable of doing comparative analysis and just spew out random factoids without bothering to organize them in a coherent or intelligible way.

Well, thanks for amping Krayt for me. Yep, he did take on Abeloth before his prime; and this is actually more impressive than any foe Valkorion has ever faced.

You haven't comprehended the passage, I see. Luke literally says that he won't give Caedus a chance to surrender and then literally leaps at him, going straight for the kill. When Caedus is trapped in a bunch of Vong vines, Luke decides to kill him instead of trying to ask for a surrender. The notion that Luke was holding back is asinine.

Where do I say that? But Caedus fights Luke about as well as Revan fights Vitiate, or maybe somewhat worse, and Luke >>>> novel Vitiate.

No, he never said that, he just suggested later that Vader could've killed him with TK, which wasn't the point. Multiple sources confirm that they were equals.

OK, go ahead.

That's funny, because you were trying to measure in the opposite way, that Luke's moment was beyond Jacen's.

So I suppose that you think Luke in oneness > Anakin on Mortis too?

BazookaMaster
Stop at 6

S_W_LeGenD
You just powerscaled Krayt off of Abeloth. Where is Valkorion's power scaling? Beating up Arcann and Darth Marr? And the question is whether Krayt > Revan, not Valkorion.
You are entertaining the idea that Darth Krayt could defeat Valkorion. This is a ridiculous assumption on your part.

Revan is on par with Darth Krayt, if not better.

Regardless, I don't think he stops at Krayt; my point was that because Krayt doesn't have direct era-comparisons with Valkorion, the Krayt vs. Valkorion debate is less precise than the Revan vs. Valkorion one, independent of whether Krayt > Revan.
See above

So? See, it's like teaching an old dog tricks; every. Single. Time. You make random statements and refuse to explain how they prove your point. Here you at least elaborate on Exar Kun's point, but everything else is just stated randomly, and you expect people to make the link to Vitiate's superiority because you say so.

BTW, all of this is just based off of the in-universe citation of the TOR encyclopedia, which is apparently factual while the LotF: Invincible blurb is not. Because you say so of course.

Saying that it's a "marketing" statement doesn't magically make your opinion on what constitutes official literature, well, official.
Do the likes of Karness Muur, Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus need any introduction? I thought you are aware of their capabilities.

Revan's inferiority to Vitiate should tell you one thing: that the likes of Darth Krayt and Darth Caedus stand no chance against Vitiate either.

Revan's command of the Force is implied to be superior to even that of Darth Nihilus - a Force-user who could lift and move massive Starships and ravage entire worlds with his powers. Do Darth Krayt and Darth Caedus have anything above that or even on par?

There is another way to look at Revan's raw power. How easily he disposed off Darth Nyriss in a confrontation - a Sith Lord who defeated Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik simultaneously earlier. You want me to expand on the exploits of Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik now?

You underestimate Vitiate's raw power, as of 3560 BBY, way too much. He was stronger than any Jedi or Sith in the galaxy (and galactic history) at that point in time as well. This observation is self-explanatory if you are familiar with other developments in galactic history. Centuries later, only Palpatine matched him in strength.

----

We had a similar discussion in another thread some days ago: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=632075&pagenumber=1

My arguments fell on deaf ears back then, right?

Holy sh*t, it's like talking to a brick wall. Whenever we ask you why, if the prep and forewarning he had on his turf played no role in these victories, Vitiate never replicated any of these attacks when faced with strike teams again, your response is...well, nothing. Usually that's when you run away and call the other side a troll. Then you come back in another thread a week or two later and repeat the same tired old argument.
The arguments that I have put forth in support of Vitiate in this forum are collectively greater than the sum of arguments from other members combined. I have shared every bit of information (at my disposal) with fellow members regarding this character in so many threads that it is difficult to count them. Either some information escaped your attention or you tend to forget and/or overlook my points. Then you come back weeks later and complain that I repeat same shit again and again. Proof right above.

Then you wonder why I call you a troll? Because you behave like one. A debater is expected to pay attention to presented information, learn from it and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way. You mostly complain, overlook, troll and insult others.

----

Coming back to the argument at hand; give me solid evidence of any sort of preparation in that case.

And take a look at following examples:-

Example 1: https://i.imgur.com/15dEtT9.mp4

Vitiate one-shotted a large group of Knights of Zakuul and droids with a single wave of Dark Side energy. That Strike Team had the upper-hand before Vitiate's intervention; the Outlander and his allies were in trouble.

In this example, Vitiate outperformed other Force-users by miles.

Example 2: https://i.imgur.com/wQ7QCJM.mp4

Vitiate unleashed a wave of Dark Side energy (of apocalyptic proportions) that eliminated every living being in its path and also destroyed the environment of the planet as a side-effect.

This example represents the epitome of Vitiate's AoE offensive capabilities. Vitiate recovered his strength on Ziost and went all-out afterwards.

For details, kindly check this blog: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/cataclysm-of-planet-ziost/105050/

Example 3: http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111138626/4544926-2216048301-15gru.jpg

Vitiate engulfed the entire Jedi Strike Team with Force lightning on a moment's notice.

Example 4: https://i.imgur.com/Hgmi2ap.mp4

Vitiate expanded his FLS to such an extent that it knocked out scores of Starships in the surroundings.

---

We have ample on-screen evidence of Vitiate's AoE attacks and how lethal he can be with his powers. I am not sure what kind of evidence you continue to seek that will satisfy your curiosity.

Again, you're barking up the wrong tree. Plagueis, for example, changed the weather of Naboo just by being there; Sidious did this to Vjun by presence of his hologram.
This matter has been discussed at great lengths in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=632075&pagenumber=1

Conclusion is that Darth Plagueis's (supposed) weather manipulation doesn't compares in scale and scope to Vitiate's showings on Dromund Kaas. And the former development can also be interpreted as a omen.

That was never confirmed, and it's a point against Vitiate. The fact that Scourge and Meetra are relevant in such a fight is hilarious.
Pay attention and memorize it:

Scourge had eagerly accepted, knowing his new position would give him both time and opportunity to find another way to stop Emperor Vitiate before his madness and hunger consumed the galaxy.

"Open yourself to the dark side," the Emperor said, and Scourge felt the air around him begin to swirl with power.

Betraying his allies had not altered the inevitable outcome; the Emperor would have won regardless. At least this way Scourge was still alive to carry on their cause.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

That is why victory of the implied Strike Team was suspect.

Yeah, way to pretend that was Luke in his prime.
Luke was extremely powerful by that point. And it is better showing than anything under Darth Caedus have under his belt.

You keep repeating them because you never grasp the rebuttals given, such as the fact that you are incapable of doing comparative analysis and just spew out random factoids without bothering to organize them in a coherent or intelligible way.
See above

Well, thanks for amping Krayt for me. Yep, he did take on Abeloth before his prime; and this is actually more impressive than any foe Valkorion has ever faced.
Right.

I suppose Bobba Fett, Ben Skywalker, Saba Sebatyne and Vestara Khai are also stronger than Valkorion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

S_W_LeGenD
You haven't comprehended the passage, I see. Luke literally says that he won't give Caedus a chance to surrender and then literally leaps at him, going straight for the kill. When Caedus is trapped in a bunch of Vong vines, Luke decides to kill him instead of trying to ask for a surrender. The notion that Luke was holding back is asinine.
So why Luke did not immobilize him again and snap his neck?

Luke was concerned about his son's fall to the Dark Side. By killing Darth Caedus, he would give the impression that it is OK to seek REVENGE and KILL those who wronged you. But this is not the Jedi way. Therefore, you are misreading that part.

Where do I say that? But Caedus fights Luke about as well as Revan fights Vitiate, or maybe somewhat worse, and Luke >>>> novel Vitiate.
See above

No, he never said that, he just suggested later that Vader could've killed him with TK, which wasn't the point. Multiple sources confirm that they were equals.
Aren't you contradicting your point?

OK, go ahead.
This is the revelation from the original source:

Jacen realized that, in a sense, he had paraphrased Onimi. He had passed beyond the tradition of the Jedi Order into a more embracing reality. But instead of attempting to steal the authority of the gods, or to become a god, he had finally allowed himself to merge with the Force in its entirety and become a conduit for its raw power, which flowed through him like the thundering headwaters of a great river. The conjoining of the Force and his Vongsense enabled him to render himself small enough to follow Onimi wherever he went or attempted to hide; to counter Onimi's every action, and merge with his living vessel on a molecular level.

Taken from The Unifying Force

It isn't any different from this experience:

Thinking of Eleena blew oxygen on the embers of his anger. In life, Eleena had been his weakness, a tool to be exploited by rivals. In death, she had become his strength, her memory the lens of his rage.

He resided in the calm eye of a storm of hate. Power churned around him, within him. He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived

Moreover, such experiences cannot be recorded easily and measured because they can happen at any instance and likely escape attention.

That's funny, because you were trying to measure in the opposite way, that Luke's moment was beyond Jacen's.
My point is that Luke has connection with the Force. Should he experience a oneness moment, he can gain more from it by virtue of his superior connection. Very straightforward.

So I suppose that you think Luke in oneness > Anakin on Mortis too?
Anakin Skywalker drew strength from the Mortis realm to perform that deed:

He would not choose. Drawing upon the Force that was all around them in that place, the warrior subdued both the Son and the Daughter and made them release his friends.

Taken from Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook

This is the most sound explanation because in another instance, Anakin was not able to overwhelm the Son and/or stop him.

Father built the Mortis realm to contain his Children and they could not escape it. Therefore, by tapping on the power of the Mortis realm, Anakin was able to subdue Son and Daughter simultaneously. Anakin's extraordinary connection with the Force enabled him to perform this feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.