Jedi Exile (KOTOR 2) vs Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dread Dark
Is it possible for this vareint to defeat Darth Nyriss

Force

Sabers

All out

Emperordmb
no

Dread Dark
Jesus sad...............

I swear I think she was nerfed in the book.

AncientPower
Absolutely, the conditions of Dromund Kaas would have been the difference maker here.

carthage
Nyriss wins again

Trocity
Nyriss.

SunRazer
Pretty sure if you add half a dozen Force Bonds, Force Enlightenment, and the feeding of hundreds of people's deaths, plus that of hordes of Sith on the Ravager and the legion of Sith in the Trayus Academy, it's not hard to imagine Surik now at least equaling Nyriss. Add to that the removal of Dromund Kaas' remarkably potent DS nexus, which amped Nyriss and hindered Surik, and you have the Exile being the victor.

Unless, of course, she again forgets that she has a lightsaber when Nyriss uses Lightning.

darthbane77
Meetra has a shot this time.

Ursumeles
Exile

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
Pretty sure if you add half a dozen Force Bonds,

The OP makes no mention of her party being present. Besides, I'd contend that Revan's worth the lot of them.

Why would KOTOR Meetra have this and not Revan Meetra?

Unless you buy into the idea that Meetra's "death amp" was temporary, which is arguable, there's nothing to say that healing her wound would lead her to lose that amassed power.

Uh, no, I don't. Nyriss was clearly intended to be out of the Exile's league; she's one of the greatest of the True Sith, after all.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The OP makes no mention of her party being present.

I assume we're using the character exactly as it is in KotOR II's ending, which would include the Bonds. But you're technically correct.

What are you talking about? Where is it stated that she reestablished a Bond with Revan in the novel? In fact, earlier in the novel, it's mentioned that fighting together in the Mandalorian Wars was what formed the Bond between the Exile and Revan. I see no reason for Drew to pen in another Force Bond when the Exile had barely even met Revan on DK, let alone fought with him.

Something you might have to speculate about for an in-universe explanation, but I'm content with saying that it's Drew Karpyshyn, who simply ignored the Exile's abilities in the novel.

It's not arguable at all. When you Drain the Jedi Masters, Kreia explicitly says that it makes you stronger for a time (which is why Nihilus is constantly feeding). Given that the Exile was no longer a Wound in the Force in the novel and hadn't killed anyone in like a year anyways, it seems obvious to me that this amplification was never replenished and thus simply "wasted away", if you will.

She was out of the Exile's league on a world heavily steeped in the dark side and when she gained the "early advantage" because Meetra chose to throw herself away from Nyriss' Lightning instead of repelling it on her blade erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.