Kyle Katarn vs Darth Malgus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Balta Skywalker
Both at prime.

Fight starts at 12 meters of distance, and it ocurres on the rooftop of the Jedi Temple.

chingchangwalla
Malgus almost stomps.

Nephthys
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Malgus almost stomps.

Jmanghan
Malgus isn't stomping Kyle Katarn.

UCanShootMyNova
Malgus stomps.

Jmanghan
If you guys want a 2v2 vs Me and Xtasy, that can happen.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Malgus isn't stomping Kyle Katarn. Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Malgus stomps.

lol

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

SunRazer
Malgus isn't stomping somebody who approaches Vader in Force power erm

UCanShootMyNova
If you guys want a 2v2 vs Me and Xtasy, that can happen.

Lmao. I'd do that in a heartbeat buddy boi.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer

http://i.imgur.com/Wy7w0VV.png

Nephthys

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/10/double-take.gif

TenebrousWay

Depending how many G's a ship from the Old Republic can accelerate, Malgus feat has the potential to be superior to Vader's cathedral, even if due to scientific ignorance from Kemp.

SunRazer
Well, that some people's attention smile

Anyways, Kyle's capacity to stand up to Jerec, a being who compares to Vader in power, and the fact that he would've only grown in the decades to come would reasonably put him around there. Pretty sure in JK: JA alone, which is only a few years after Dark Forces II, he was supporting a collapsing castle ceiling on a DS nexus.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, Malgus holding an accelerating ship in place, blowing up multiple fighters with a Force scream and shake a transport with his rage is pretty much Vader level and we know he only grew in power up to FE where he faces 4 of the greatest warriors of the Light or Dark of that era. I'd say he closes in on Vader personally.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, that some people's attention smile

Anyways, Kyle's capacity to stand up to Jerec, a being who compares to Vader in power, and the fact that he would've only grown in the decades to come would reasonably put him around there. Pretty sure in JK: JA alone, which is only a few years after Dark Forces II, he was supporting a collapsing castle ceiling on a DS nexus.

Lmao. Are you referring to him force severing a Jerec who didn't even defend himself when they were both amped far beyond their normal capacities?

Nephthys
Pretty sure in JK: JA alone, which is only a few years after Dark Forces II, he was supporting a collapsing castle ceiling on a DS nexus.

It was a few mid-sized rocks. 'Thor shits better feats after breakfast.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys

lol It was the ceiling.

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. Are you referring to him force severing a Jerec who didn't even defend himself when they were both amped far beyond their normal capacities?

Obviously not. Didn't they fight at all beforehand?

Trocity
Malgus wins but Kyle puts up a pretty good fight.

Probably look like the Zallow fight, only longer and more competitive.

JKBart
Originally posted by Nephthys

Not getting involved in the topic but Jedi Academy can't support a more graphic effect. I've been playing this game for 8 years and modded the shit out of it. This is the best you can get for a collapsing building there.

UCanShootMyNova
lol It was the ceiling.

Obviously not. Didn't they fight at all beforehand?

I was told Jerec was cheapshotted. Did they?

Nephthys
lol It was the ceiling.

Part of it. Watch the scene, the amount is tiny compared to TOR feats.

Originally posted by JKBart
Not getting involved in the topic but Jedi Academy can't support a more graphic effect. I've been playing this game for 8 years and modded the shit out of it. This is the best you can get for a collapsing building there.

The building didn't collapse, lol. Tavion shattered just the part above Jaden. Unless the ceiling was a meter thick, the amount of rock shown would be accurate. Its still an irrelevant feat compared to Malgus' level and n fact given Kyles difficulty in lifting that palty sum, speaks of the immense difference in strength rather aptly.

TenebrousWay
The ceiling of the Notre Dame cathedral weighs around 250 tons, for comparison.

For the mathematical savy here, Malgus was holding a ship that's probably heavier and is probably accelerating at dozens of G's.

It's not even the same of order of magnitude.

carthage
Kyle is difficult to rank

SunRazer
Don't they say the ceiling is coming down?

Nephthys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5pdq1e6Gw

Trocity
Tough to compare a game that's over a decade old to one that's still ongoing, but if it was on a Dark side nexus, it makes the feat better than it otherwise would have been.

SunRazer
Guess my memory failed me, then.

The chunks that spill out from the ceiling aren't that small. And supporting them against gravity on a DS nexus, decades from his prime? It's a pretty good feat, actually.

carthage
This shouldn't be a bad fight Katarn's almost certainly above Zallow, but he doesn't seem to have any notable duels after Desann. From the NJO onward he doesn't seem to have any notable skill feats.

UCanShootMyNova
Guess my memory failed me, then.

The chunks that spill out from the ceiling aren't that small. And supporting them against gravity on a DS nexus, decades from his prime? It's a pretty good feat, actually.

I agree, it's solid. But Malgus should still be substantially better.

Trocity
HoT and Thor could support 5 times the amount of rubble pre-pre-prime, while dead.

SunRazer
I agree, it's solid. But Malgus should still be substantially better.

Not enough to stomp erm

UCanShootMyNova
Fair enough and I don't think he does. Just wanted to tease Jmangan a little.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Trocity
HoT and Thor could support 5 times the amount of rubble pre-pre-prime, while dead.

thumb up

Regardless, vastly before his prime and greatly wounded Malgus supported a mountain of rubble and tossed it away from him. Not to mention the engine Darach threw at him. As I said, the feat it irrelevant.

carthage
Doubt Hero could strip someone like Jerec of the force lmao

UCanShootMyNova
When Jerec didn't even bother to defend himself? Pretty sure he could. Lmao.

Nephthys
I mean if people want a comparison between Malgus and Kyle in TK you can just look at this feat from a weakened 'Thor on the first planet of Act 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU1KjbnrYvA

Malgus > Act 3 Thor in TK so....... Kyle gets ragdolled.

Jmanghan
http://i.imgur.com/Wy7w0VV.png In the manual for Dark Forces II, its said that Jerec before becoming amped, was already approaching Vader in power.

However, what does have that suggests that he is STOMPING Kyle.

I think Malgus wins, definitely, but there's no way he stomps :/

Jmanghan
Fair enough and I don't think he does. Just wanted to tease Jmangan a little. You dick XD

Balta Skywalker
You dick XD

Ah, you're here! Kinda missed ya'.

Jmanghan

UCanShootMyNova
You dick XD

You know you love me. smile

Balta Skywalker
Too good that you didn't get late to the party!

Jmanghan
You know you love me. smile I know you care.

UCanShootMyNova
Just shout whenever

Jmanghan
Just shout whenever And I'll be there.

Balta Skywalker
Now that's cute.

UCanShootMyNova
You are my love

Balta Skywalker
Can we go back to the debate? It was being real interesting.

Jmanghan
You are my love You are my heart (Ok, I think we should stop in case Bada starts bringin the pain.)

Anyway @ Balta Skywalker. I think you want Katarn to be higher then he actually is, so you're pitting him against superior characters.

Balta Skywalker

Anyway @ Balta Skywalker. I think you want Katarn to be higher then he actually is, so you're pitting him against superior characters.

Maybe Prime Malgus is too much. Should've been "Hope" Malgus.

darthbane77
Malgus wins, Kyle puts up a good fight.

Ursumeles
Katarn

Trocity
Originally posted by Balta Skywalker
Maybe Prime Malgus is too much. Should've been "Hope" Malgus.

Or beginning of Deceived Malgus. Kyle would defeat Hope Malgus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.