Average Jensaarai Defender vs Yuuzhan Vong Slayer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who wins?

Trocity
Slayer for sure.

SunRazer
Your average Jensaari probably wouldn't be prepared to fight without the Force.

Deronn_solo
Slayer stomps pretty hard.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Your average Jensaari probably wouldn't be prepared to fight without the Force. Jensaarai are prepared to fight Jedi in single combat while roaming, in fact, they go out of their way to challenge any Jedi they should find.

Every single one of them has their own cortosis-layered suit of armor that attunes to the force so that they can flow freely in combat without worrying about being restricted.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Jmanghan
Feats for Vong Slayers?

Ursumeles
Stomping Kyp Durron.

UCanShootMyNova
Being Maul level on average. Lmao.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Stomping Kyp Durron. In melee?

IIRC, Kyp isn't very good in sabers.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Being Maul level on average. Lmao.
Your slayer lowballing makes me sick erm

Jmanghan
Your slayer lowballing makes me sick erm ...

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
In melee?

IIRC, Kyp isn't very good in sabers.
Still >>Average Jensaarai. He is above Cilghal, who stomped an fellow Jedi and somewhat comparable to Kyle. He also fought evenly with mid-NJO Jaina, who has bested Vong and Voxyn. Also, the Slayer was weakened iirc.

Jmanghan
Still >>Average Jensaarai. He is above Cilghal, who stomped an fellow Jedi and somewhat comparable to Kyle. He also fought evenly with mid-NJO Jaina, who has bested Vong and Voxyn. Also, the Slayer was weakened iirc. He?

You mean they.

Ursumeles
He?

You mean they.
What do you mean?

Jmanghan
What do you mean? Were you saying Kyp was above Cilghal?

Or the slayer.

Ursumeles
Were you saying Kyp was above Cilghal?

Or the slayer.
Kyp.

Jmanghan
Kyp. Ok, so what has Cilghal done to prove that he is near Katarn's level?

Ursumeles
-Cilghal stomped a fellow Jedi.
-Kyp was stated to be comparable to Kyle, lol.

Deronn_solo
...umm, the Slayer never stomped Kyp. erm It took like 3 to bring him down.

Ursumeles
Oh erm sorry.
Still, 3 slayers vs mother****in Durron is a very good feat, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Your slayer lowballing makes me sick erm

Forgive me father for I have sinned. V_V

Jmanghan
Oh erm sorry.
Still, 3 slayers vs mother****in Durron is a very good feat, lol.

Not in pure sabers/amphistaffs.

Ursumeles
Not in pure sabers/amphistaffs.
What are the feats of an average Jensaarai?
Also, Kyp is still >>>>>Jensaarai.

Jmanghan
What are the feats of an average Jensaarai?
Also, Kyp is still >>>>>Jensaarai. Not the Saarai-Kaar, no.

Luke wasn't able to blitz one of them in lightsaber combat.

Although he was holding back, as he normally does, he and one of the unnamed Defenders fought to a standstill.

The Jensaarai are trained in the arts of the Jedi and the Sith.

Ursumeles
Not the Saarai-Kaar, no.

Luke wasn't able to blitz one of them in lightsaber combat.

Although he was holding back, as he normally does, he and one of the unnamed Defenders fought to a standstill.

The Jensaarai are trained in the arts of the Jedi and the Sith.
To which time was this fight? The slayers performance against Luke in TUF was more impressive, imo.

Jmanghan
To which time was this fight? The slayers performance against Luke in TUF was more impressive, imo. 11 ABY according to Wookiepedia.

Now, this is very early in Corran's career, but it shows that he's losing the fight until he amps himself.

Ursumeles
Yeah...still easily the slayer, lol.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Jmanghan
K, after learning more about the Slayers, they probably still win, but regardless.

I found something that makes them possibly comparable.

We already know about the cortosis armor, which the Slayers will have trouble piercing.

On top of that, Jensaarai are trained in both the light side and dark sides of the force.

Your average Jensaarai Defender is also a master of Form V - Shien, and knows the Jensaarai Martial Art: Rek'dul (which would mean more, had we understood what Rek'dul actually does).

MythLord
Two Vong Slayers stomped 10 Elite Vong soldiers and a Vong commander; standard Vong are more-or-less meant to be Jedi Knight level, so Elite Vong should be Master level.

A Slayer fodderizes a Jensaarai.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Two Vong Slayers stomped 10 Elite Vong soldiers and a Vong commander; standard Vong are more-or-less meant to be Jedi Knight level, so Elite Vong should be Master level.

A Slayer fodderizes a Jensaarai.
Wut? When?

JKBart
When Shimrra demonstrated the Slayers after breeding them.

Jmanghan
Yeah, your standard Jensaarai Defender is at the level of your average Jedi Master, if not, Jedi Knight.

Ursumeles
Yeah, your standard Jensaarai Defender is at the level of your average Jedi Master, if not, Jedi Knight.
So...Fodder for Slayers smile

Jmanghan
So...Fodder for Slayers smile Well, I forget who it was, but someone said that the only vong who could take actual Jedi are Slayers.

Ursumeles
Well, I forget who it was, but someone said that the only vong who could take actual Jedi are Slayers.
And naturally Shimrra/Onimi wink
Vong Commanders should also take average Jedi, as one of them competed with Corran and another with an, iirc poisoned, Mara.

Jmanghan
And naturally Shimrra/Onimi wink
Vong Commanders should also take average Jedi, as one of them competed with Corran and another with an, iirc poisoned, Mara. These power levels are inconsistent asf.

On one hand it takes 3 Slayers to take ****ing Kyp Durron in SABERS, and in another, a Vong Commander is fighting on par with Corran.

Ursumeles
These power levels are inconsistent asf.

On one hand it takes 3 Slayers to take ****ing Kyp Durron in SABERS, and in another, a Vong Commander is fighting on par with Corran.
I am interested in the fight between Kyp and the slayer. I just looked in Kyps respect therad, and Bart said that he was stomped by slayers. Also, Kyp fought evenly with Jaina and was compared to Katarn, so he should be an good duelist.

Jmanghan
I am interested in the fight between Kyp and the slayer. I just looked in Kyps respect therad, and Bart said that he was stomped by slayers. Also, Kyp fought evenly with Jaina and was compared to Katarn, so he should be an good duelist.

What book was he compared to Katarn as a duelist and fighting evenly with Mara?

Ursumeles
What book was he compared to Katarn as a duelist and fighting evenly with Mara?
He was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordsmaster such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn. He would have been too much for a comparatively diffident duelist such as Cilghal, or even Luke as he had been back at Sinkhole Station, at low ebb in physical and mental strength.

Source: Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
From Nova's RT

He fought evenly with Jaina in Dark Journey.
Here is his RT: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/kyp-durron-respect-thread/100235/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.