Quotes for Maul's Potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
What are the quotes for Maul's potential, specifically that it is in excess of Talzin's or Sidious'?

chingchangwalla
There's one in SOD, someone get it.

Darth Thor
Nothing about it being in excess of Sidious's. Just that it was big enough for Sidious to betray Talzin by ditching her and taking him.

We don't know if Talzin's force potential was extraordinary because her power was mainly through magic.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nothing about it being in excess of Sidious's. Just that it was big enough for Sidious to betray Talzin by ditching her and taking him.

We don't know if Talzin's force potential was extraordinary because her power was mainly through magic.
So because she uses magic her potential was meh?

SunRazer
If it's the scene in Darth Plagueis we're talking about, where Palpatine chooses Maul to be his servant over Talzin, one wonders whether that's really due to raw power, or a combination of factors. Notably, Talzin's powers could only be sustained on Dathomir, which wouldn't make her helpful in "sterile" places where Sidious employed Maul regularly (he doesn't need a servant on Dathomir). Also, Talzin was already a tried and true Nightsister, whereas Maul was young enough to be easily and irrevocably indoctrinated into the Sith Order.

There should be some other evidence relating to Maul's potential, though.

Beniboybling
"He promised to make me his right hand, but instead he stole what was most dear to me... When Sidious realized Maul's potential he took him from me and trained him as a Sith."

Source : Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #03

SunRazer
Alright, so it'll apply in Canon. Not Legends.

Beniboybling
The more important one, yeah.

SunRazer
Fortunately in Canon, Maul is shit in other ways smile

Beniboybling
uhuh

Darth Thor
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
So because she uses magic her potential was meh?

Because that's what I said right?

UCanShootMyNova
The Book of the Sith notes that Talzin's magics are simply different manifestations of the Force. Also I'd like someone to post the quote for how substantial the Dathomir amp to Talzin was.

Darth Thor
^ It was named the "Heart of her power."

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
The Book of the Sith notes that Talzin's magics are simply different manifestations of the Force. Also I'd like someone to post the quote for how substantial the Dathomir amp to Talzin was.

It's mostly because she attempted to use her powers on a ship and failed to sustain them, then claimed that "sterile places" don't support her magicks.

Ziggystardust
Tallinn useless off Dathomir confirmed. thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's mostly because she attempted to use her powers on a ship and failed to sustain them, then claimed that "sterile places" don't support her magicks. She had no trouble using her powers of Zardossa though.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's mostly because she attempted to use her powers on a ship and failed to sustain them, then claimed that "sterile places" don't support her magicks.

When did she make this commentary?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
She had no trouble using her powers of Zardossa though.

Wasn't there some cult there that worshipped her or something? I dunno, that environment might've been suitable. Doesn't she have her powers on any planet rife with life?

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
When did she make this commentary?

Pretty sure it's in Restraint.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.