Zonakin vs. Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Novel Vitiate
2. SWTOR Vitiate
3. Valkorion

Starting distance of 10 meters.

Ursumeles
Tbh, I could see him beating at least Novel Vitate. He probaly loses the other two, especially against Valk, tho.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Tbh, I could see him beating at least Novel Vitate. He probaly loses the other two, especially against Valk, tho.

I'm leaning towards the idea that Zonakin could have beaten Sidious, and by extension, of course, Valkorion. He was so powerful in the Force that his decision to defeat Dooku literally destroyed Dooku's chances of victory. I'm guessing that this boost extended broadly to his Force abilities, and not just his augmentation.

Ursumeles
Yeah, I've made my decision, about how he was against Dooku.
If he would fight against someone other in the zone-maybe Yoda, mybe Palpatine, maybe Luke- then he would've may beaten them. But we don't know.

UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate stomps.

Dark-Kenshin
It would seem Vitiate has himself a new and unwitting slave.

Tondemonai
Novel Vitiate would probably lose, but only if he doesn't get time to charge his FLS. SWTOR Vitiate probably bests him unless he gets close enough to force melee. Valkorion just beats him outright

Deronn_solo
Vitiate TP's him.

TenebrousWay
If it's true that Arcann and Vaylin together can give some trouble to Valkorion, Zonakin certainly upsets him.

The Ellimist
TP'ing Zonakin, who's at his peak mental game? Nah.

Dark-Kenshin
The way I recall it, you have to specifically be ready for Vitiate's TP or you're screwed, which is why he got Revan and Malak so easily.

Deronn_solo
What's your reasoning for Zonakin having unwavering mental resistance?

Tondemonai
Tbh if Sheev could influence him to kill Dooku whose still in zone state, I see Novel Vitiate TPing him, but my opinion earlier was not counting TP.

Sinious
He can TP him, but if not, I think novel Vitiate would still take him down if he unleashes all his power.

And the other two incarnations of Vitiate are simply too powerful for Anakin.

SunRazer
Yeah, Anakin doesn't appear to know the specific mental technique or procedure to resist Vitiate's TP.

Azronger
Vitiate/Valkorion via TP. Take that away and Anakin stomps at least the first two. Not sure about Valkorion.

Sinious
Originally posted by Azronger
Anakin stomps at least the first two erm

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What's your reasoning for Zonakin having unwavering mental resistance?

The Stover novel makes a point to his mental power. It's speculative, but arguing that he would succumb is equally speculative; I think we can reasonably conclude that his mental fortitude reflects the manner in which his mental state is described.

UCanShootMyNova
A f*cking mess?

Azronger
Originally posted by Sinious
erm

A few sparks aren't going to stop the man who bulldozed through Dooku.

Dark-Kenshin
A few sparks aren't going to stop the man who bulldozed through Dooku. A few sparks? We're talking lightning leagues beyond Darth Nyriss', which can turn people into a pile of ashes. Vitiate's lightning stops Anakin just as cold in his tracks as it did Revan. And that's without him ramping it up into an even stronger burst. Bulldozing through Dooku is meaningless in comparison to that level of power.

Azronger
Yeah, it stopped Revan at first. After that he effortlessly batted them aside. The lightnings potency doesn't really matter as lightsabers have already proven to be an effective counter to Vitiate when two relatively fodder Jedi where walking through his storm. Revan was just an idiot to ditch his saber - a mistake Anakin won't commit.

UCanShootMyNova
Revan batted away bolts of lightning. Not a constant stream and he was outright overwhelmed by a storm.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Revan batted away bolts of lightning. Not a constant stream and he was outright overwhelmed by a storm.

If the bolts were so inferior to a stream, why did Vitiate use them?

UCanShootMyNova
Cause he dumb.

UCanShootMyNova
But being serious singular bolts have been batted away in various TOR and post RotJ novels but a stream for some reason can't be redirected or shunted aside in the same way. It seems likely to me a stream of lightning requires a much greater energy output and given the ease with which Vitiate had overcome Revan and Malak before perhaps he thought a minimal use of his power would be enough to defeat him.

Azronger

Yeah, your point?

SunRazer
For the record, Anakin's also stronger than Revan.

Vitiate needs a Storm to have a chance of overpowering Anakin without TP, but whether he can gather the energies in time is another matter entirely.

UCanShootMyNova
Starting distance seems sufficient if it comes to that.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, your point?

Vitiate could overwhelm Anakin in the same way.

Nephthys
Vitiate in all, lmao.

The Ellimist
But being serious singular bolts have been batted away in various TOR and post RotJ novels but a stream for some reason can't be redirected or shunted aside in the same way. It seems likely to me a stream of lightning requires a much greater energy output and given the ease with which Vitiate had overcome Revan and Malak before perhaps he thought a minimal use of his power would be enough to defeat him.

Yeah, I don't think "he was deliberately using a useless technique" is the most reasonable explanation.

UCanShootMyNova
Wait, sorry, can't tell if you're disagreeing or agreeing.

Azronger
Vitiate could overwhelm Anakin in the same way.

Apparently you didn't read my post. That won't be happening as Anakin isn't throwing his lightsaber away.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vitiate.

The Ellimist
Wait, sorry, can't tell if you're disagreeing or agreeing.

Yeah, I don't think it's reasonable to argue that Vitiate was going easy on Revan or something.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yeah, I don't think it's reasonable to argue that Vitiate was going easy on Revan or something.

I'm saying that Vitiate probably didn't believe he needed to employ his full power to defeat him and thus was negligent in the face of a real threat. What's unreasonable about that?

The Ellimist
For one thing, that initial arrogance should've gone away as soon as Revan resisted his telepathy and then knocked him on his ass. Unless if we're going to conclude that Vitiate is used to having people negate his TP on a dark side nexus and ragdoll him against the floor.

UCanShootMyNova
Ragdoll him against the floor? LMAO.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sinious
He can TP him, but if not, I think novel Vitiate would still take him down if he unleashes all his power.

And the other two incarnations of Vitiate are simply too powerful for Anakin.
thumb up

Tondemonai
Originally posted by The Ellimist
For one thing, that initial arrogance should've gone away as soon as Revan resisted his telepathy and then knocked him on his ass. Unless if we're going to conclude that Vitiate is used to having people negate his TP on a dark side nexus and ragdoll him against the floor.

I'd imagine he was using minimal effort attacks to slow Revan's approach so he'd have more time to charge his FLS, but it's just speculation. It could also be surmised that he was testing Revan for some reason, he does like to test people, but these are just ideas.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Tondemonai
I'd imagine he was using minimal effort attacks to slow Revan's approach so he'd have more time to charge his FLS, but it's just speculation. It could also be surmised that he was testing Revan for some reason, he does like to test people, but these are just ideas.

He didn't start charging his attack until after he had gotten knocked back by his own lightning. And sure, it's possible that he was testing Revan; but I don't see that as the most reasonable explanation.

By RotS, people have already called Anakin perhaps the most powerful Jedi ever; add in an incredible peak performance, and I see him walking over Vitiate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.