What universe can defeat Marvel or DC univers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
What other universe can defeat the Marvel or the DC universe in a all out galactic univeral battle?

No ppr..

Current Marvel and Pre.Darksied war are in use here..

Cant use our own uniy lol

carver9
Is anime included?

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
Is anime included?

All other uni's are included

Cogito
Both Marvel and DC have omnipotent beings. So therefore the best anyone else can do is tie with another omnipotent being.

That was easy. thumb up

Astner
Originally posted by Cogito
Both Marvel and DC have omnipotent beings.
They don't. Not by the implied definition.

ghostman
there are none, marvel and dc are the two most powerful versus in fiction.

Galan007
Not really. Most Indie companies have characters that can match even the best in Marvel and DC. For example:

Dynamite has Solar.
Image has Man of Miracles.
Vertigo has Michael/Lucifer.
Boom! has Wick
IDW has The Q
2000AD has The Fathers
The Cthulhu mythos has characters like Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth.
Dark Horse has The Mask
etc. etc.

Some Indie companies have multiple omnipotent/quasi-omnipotent beings in them.

ghostman
Originally posted by Galan007
Not really. Pretty much any Indie company has characters that can match even the best Marvel and DC can produce. For example:

Dynamite has Solar.
Boom! has Wick
IDW has The Q
2000AD has The Fathers
Dark Horse has The Mask
etc. etc.

marvel and dc have an entire host of omnipotent and quasi omnipotent beings in them aswell. the sheer number of cosmic characters/items that marvel has is too many to count. they win by numbers alone, and thats NOT including dc. marvel is by far the most powerful verse. yes those companies have powerful beings, but this is a numbers game.

also theres hax as well. i hope none of the beings you mentioned are magic.. cuz black alice... LOL

Galan007
Numbers don't mean shit. Solar alone could gesture away all of Marvel combined... Save, perhaps, Owen and Beyonder, who he'd no less than stalemate.

...As could a character like MoM. Or Michael/Lucifer.

ghostman
Numbers don't mean shit. Solar alone could gesture away all of Marvel combined... Save, perhaps, Owen and Beyonder, who he'd no less than stalemate.

...As could a character like MoM. Or Michael/Lucifer.

LMAO no, solar aint dong that. hes multiversal, abraxas, or another multiversal character can take him. lol, solar, although very powerful is very inconsistent. especially valiant solar.

Galan007
Solar has created entire multiverses with a subconscious afterthought -- and the energy expenditure was so minute(relative to him) that he didn't even realize he'd done so at first. He has also destroyed/restored multiverses just as effortlessly. He has, for all intents and purposes, become God in every company he has been written in since Gold Key -- including his most recent depiction in Dynamite(which is who I am referring to here.)

Save the characters I mentioned, no other beings in Marvel have that level of power... And Beyonder doesn't even exist in current Marvel, so...

...Abraxas. laughing out loud

ghostman
These are the characters at their peaks.

Peak Solar has created entire multiverses as subconscious afterthoughts -- and the energy expenditure was so minute(relative to him) that he didn't even realize he'd done so at first. He has also destroyed/restored multiverses just as effortlessly. He has, for all intents and purposes, become God in every company he has been written in since Gold Key -- including his most recent depiction in Dynamite.

Save the characters I mentioned, no other beings in Marvel have that level of power.

...Abraxas. laughing out loud

abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing. it needed multiversal destruction just to beat him, he stalemates solar.

Astner
I'd argue that the Cthulhu Mythos is beyond Marvel and DC. But that's mainly because it's so much more intricate and don't suffer from the same mistakes.

Another good example is the Nobilis role-playing setting where the main antagonists literally have the power to retcon concepts out of existence.

I've also seen people compare Demonbane to Marvel and DC, and some of the feats I've seen translated seem a lot more impressive than anything I've seen in Marvel or DC. But to be fair I haven't played or researched the game thoroughly enough to make a judgement on that.

Originally posted by ghostman
abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing.
He didn't collapse a single one.

Galan007
abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing. it needed multiversal destruction just to beat him, he stalemates solar. This is incorrect. That aside, Solar can destroy/create multiverses with relative ease. How in the hell do you think Abraxas(who was beaten by multiversal destruction/recreation) stalemates him?

And do you not realize this is CURRENT Marvel? Abraxas hasn't been around since 2002.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
I'd argue that the Cthulhu Mythos is beyond Marvel and DC. But that's mainly because it's so much more intricate and don't suffer from the same mistakes. thumb up

I love the Cthulhu Mythos. It is very well done on a cosmologic level.

Astner
Marvel's cosmology in particular really went down the drain with Hickman's and Starlin's latest runs. The Beyonders were extremely underwhelming and the One-Above-All turned out to be deranged tranny.

DC's cosmology on the other hand suffers from ambiguity and a lack of a shared vision among writers. Morrison seems to be the only one who tries to make sense of it.

thumb up

I love the Cthulhu Mythos. It is very well done on a cosmologic level.
thumb up

ghostman
This is incorrect. That aside, Solar can destroy/create multiverses with relative ease. How in the hell do you think Abraxas(who was beaten by multiversal destruction/recreation) stalemates him?

And do you not realize this is CURRENT Marvel? Abraxas hasn't been around since 2002.

ahh just realized this was current marvel.

what feats doe the cthulhu guys have that can match marvel? and current beyonder is omniversal, he beats solar.

Galan007
There is no current Beyonder -- there IS a current Owen, however. He was implied to be omniversal, yes, but until he is expanded upon more it's hard to say exactly where he sits.

So as of now, ONE character in all of Marvel *might*(key word) be able to beat Solar, but we can't say for sure one way or the other.

ghostman
There is no current Beyonder -- there IS a current Owen, however. He was implied to be omniversal, yes, but until he is expanded upon more it's hard to say exactly where he sits.

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment my bad, i was thing of beyonder......

sorry, gin will do that to you laughing laughing

but overrall if you take in all of marvels history. id still say they were the most powerful. excluding current marvel except owen of course

Galan007
I would definitely put DC higher in terms of the sheer amount of 'all-powerful' beings in their history, but to each his own.

Just saying that there are some Indie companies out there that can give Marvel/DC a run for their money(to put it lightly.)

Zack M
I would definitely put DC higher in terms of the sheer amount of 'all-powerful' beings in their history, but to each his own.

Just saying that there are some Indie companies out there that can give Marvel/DC a run for their money(to put it lightly.)

Yeah, once you count Vertigo, Wildstorm, and Milestone, DC definitely takes it. All of those universes were merged with DCnU.

Zack M
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment my bad, i was thing of beyonder......

sorry, gin will do that to you laughing laughing

but overrall if you take in all of marvels history. id still say they were the most powerful. excluding current marvel except owen of course

DC's sheer amount is higher. Here is a list composed a while ago.

Zack M
Note that the guy who did this list wasn't even half way done.

Galan007
Yeah I've seen that list several times over the years. He did a great job naming a plethora of characters... Not as great of a job ranking them, however.

Zack M
The list was done because Elarahprime and another poster wanted to see which company had a higher amount of Cosmics/Gods. IIRC, Elrah's list was much more populated.

Sin I AM
Not really. Most Indie companies have characters that can match even the best in Marvel and DC. For example:

Dynamite has Solar.
Boom! has Wick
IDW has The Q
2000AD has The Fathers
Dark Horse has The Mask
etc. etc.

https://media.giphy.com/media/AxVvjQsbguq8QF59cc/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermex
What other universe can defeat the Marvel or the DC universe in a all out galactic univeral battle?

The Fast and the Furious universe.

Stoic
The Disney universe?

DarkSaint85
Disney, WB.....Freakazoid and the Animaniacs would wreck.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...Suggsverse. smilesmilesmile

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Disney, WB.....Freakazoid and the Animaniacs would wreck.

Toonforce powers are no joke. Bugs Bunny would run through the Beyonders like a knife through butter.

thumb up

Galan007
Cutest avy/sig combo ever?

...I think so. thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The Fast and the Furious universe.

thumb up x10

CGI Paul Walker >>> Marvel + DC

Cutest avy/sig combo ever?

...I think so. thumb up

happy

I discovered a gigantic collection of similar pics today. I have no need of other signatures anymore. I'm going to be cycling through adorably derpy dog pics for the rest of time.

Astner
Originally posted by Stoic
The Disney universe?
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meb9bydGXz1r4gei2o2_500.gif

"I own all this shit now! I own the Death Star! I own Tatooine! It's all MINE, haha!"

Sin I AM
Is there a universe that's been around as long as Marvel/DC for the life of me i cant think of one

ghostman
Originally posted by Zack M
The list was done because Elarahprime and another poster wanted to see which company had a higher amount of Cosmics/Gods. IIRC, Elrah's list was much more populated.

can you post the link to that?

Zack M
can you post the link to that?

I don't think the board is no longer around. I've been trying to find it.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is there a universe that's been around as long as Marvel/DC for the life of me i cant think of one DC was originally founded in 1934. I mean, there are a few characters who predate it, like The Shadow and The Phantom, but that's because they originated in newspaper strips and whathaveyou. As an established company, however, DC is older than pretty much anything else(inc. Marvel.)

basilisk
DC was originally founded in 1934. I mean, there are a few characters who predate it, like The Shadow and The Phantom, but that's because they originated in newspaper strips and whathaveyou. As an established company, however, DC is older than pretty much anything else(inc. Marvel.)

Disney universe is older though. Mickey Mouse, Pistol Pete, Oswald Rabbit are from the 1920s, Pluto from 1930-ish, Goofy 1932, Donald 1934... all still active in comics and animation.

What about the universe of the Greek myths? I mean I guess many mythologies had elements of the shared universe, but the Greek myths had it all - hundreds of stories, recurring villains, complex family trees that crossed over different stories, cosmic hierarchy, previous cosmic hierarchy, wars, skyfathers, demigods, metahumans, hybrid characters, monsters, flying guys, super strong guys, invulnerable guys, super-pets, even a super team of previously established heroes. Plus a continuity that became contradictory and confusing after a while just like DC and Marvel. And the tales are still being told today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.