Captain America Bench Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
How much can they press or just order them

Captain America
Wolverine
Winter Soilder
Spiderman
Preditor
Prometheus Engineer
Bane

Silent Master
Spiderman
Captain America
Winter Solider
Wolverine
Bane

Baleman

golem370
Silent you thing Cap is stronger then WS?

Spider-Man
Winter Soldier
Captain America
Predator/Engineer
Wolverine
Bane
Batman

TethAdamTheRock
How strong is batman

golem370
I would say he could bench 300-400lbs guessing

TheVaultDweller
The Cap/WS is hard to judge IMO. Bucky has the metal arm which is stronger, but Cap has better other feats (courtesy of being in five films compared to two). But I very recently had a chance to listen to the Director's commentary for TWS, and the Russos themselves described the two of them as "equally potent" and "doppelgangers" (it's around the 1 hour 18 min mark, when they are talking during the highway/bridge fight scene), the difference just being Cap has his shield and Bucky has his metal arm. So the Russos clearly consider them to be peers.

golem370
But WS over powered Cap twice one in WS and two in CW

Arachnid1
Originally posted by golem370
But WS over powered Cap twice one in WS and two in CW I'd say the metal arm is stronger but every other limb is significantly weaker than caps. Having one weak arm would make bench pressing a b*tch a bet, so I'd put cap above him there

TheVaultDweller
Except Bucky's other limbs being "significantly weaker" than Cap's goes against what the Russos themselves say on TWS' Director's commentary. They made a point of highlighting that these two are extremely close to each other. So if people want to act like Cap is leagues above Bucky, they are free to, but they're going directly against the people who actually made the films.

golem370
The one part in CW wear he slams the guy with his flesh arm was pretty impressive then jumping off the bridge in WS and his running speed was very impressive in CW. I think his flesh arm is quite a bit stronger then normal.

TheVaultDweller
The one part in CW wear he slams the guy with his flesh arm was pretty impressive then jumping off the bridge in WS and his running speed was very impressive in CW. I think his flesh arm is quite a bit stronger then normal.

Problem for Bucky, compared to Steve, is a massive lack of screen time. Cap has been in 5 movies, 3 of which he has been the lead. WS has played a supporting role in 2 films at this point, and 1 of them was a massive ensemble film. So Steve has way more feats to draw from. Bucky does have a few decent feats with that arm though, like grabbing the one German SWAT guy by the head and smashing his face all the way though a book shelf and into the floor, catching Black Panther by the throat (at that angle, a regular person would have likely dislocated their arm trying that), or sending Tony flying over a table with a punch. But even if he didn't, his enhancement should be obvious after things like the Quinjet kick from TWS.

golem370
Cap is a better fighter.

apex_pretador
Spidey

WS
Cap
Bane
Wolverine

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How much can they press or just order them

Captain America
Wolverine
Winter Soilder
Spiderman
Preditor
Prometheus Engineer
Bane

Spider-Man
Winter Soldier
Captain America
Predator
Prometheus Engineer
Winter Soldier (if two human arms)
Wolverine
Bane

random letters
I would say he could bench 300-400lbs guessing

The world record for the bench press is over 730 lbs.

Cap should be able to bench at least a few thousand, if not more.

From strongest to weakest:

Spider Man
Winter Soldier
Cap
Predator
Engineer
Bane
Wolverine

golem370
Do you think Bane could have moved the Silver Samurai armor like Logan

Surtur

I had assumed Hydra gave Bucky the super soldier serum?

Mindset
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'd say the metal arm is stronger but every other limb is significantly weaker than caps. You'd be wrong.

Originally posted by Surtur
I had assumed Hydra gave Bucky the super soldier serum? They did.

He is super human.

golem370
Well so WS one arm is around Cap's strength then the metal arm was stronger then both of Cap's arms. Hydra's SSS to be fair turned Red Skull fugly.

relentless1
Spidey
Cap
WS
Wolverine
Bane

TheVaultDweller
I had assumed Hydra gave Bucky the super soldier serum?

They did. It's part of the Civil War plot line with the other 5 Winter Soldiers. Plus, as with the other info the Russos revealed in TWS commentary, they explicitly confirm during the climax battle that both Cap and Bucky are super soldiers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
TBH I would expectn't much to separate a predator, super predator, Engineer or Cap. I certainly wouldn't be sure Cap is stronger

Surtur
Though when it comes to on screen feats I think the best feat is Cap with that helicopter.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree, that is probably his beat feat. I think the Engineer's feat of resisting that giant alien octopus thing for as long as he did is pretty equivalent or better. Him ripping the head off of cyborg with ease is also right there. Again could even be better depending on what he was made out of and how durable. I'm guessing with the technology he was embedded with, and the things he showed, I doubt they made him like glass.. he's probably pretty damn durable. Plus the Engineer was casually throwing around grown men with ease.

As I said, I think they are all right there.

Surtur
Tobey MacGuire SpiderMan was also very strong.

golem370
I was think about it last where Cap was running through the building crashing through a door and Predator destroying the door in Predator 2 in the complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAOQw4QaP4
https://youtu.be/BEAOQw4QaP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPefdeBDARs
https://youtu.be/qXPOl6EjbWg

Surtur
Yeah but Pred doesn't have anything on the level of the helicopter feat.

golem370
What about durability feat tanking a lightning strike. True no strength feat of that level.

Surtur
Well yeah taking a lightning strike is better than what I remember Cap did. He did survive some generic alien laser gun though.

I remember using the Pred healing ability in the Alien vs Predator 2 game.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah but Pred doesn't have anything on the level of the helicopter feat.

I think you're a little off when you say.... nothing to match. I've brought this up before, and it's applicable, Thanos or Odin don't have any strength feats matching the Helicopter feat of Cap... so they aren't stronger? Of course they are. Heroes always have feats like that, that is what they need to do to save the world. Bad guys don't have such feats. Think about it..

In in comics where thanos has hundreds of appearance how often do you see him lifting anything? Rarely if ever. Yet, when see him casually backhanding the hulk or thor... through power scaling we know he could likely match most of their strength feats if not surpass them. Same thing here...

We see Dutch lifting the back of a truck of the ground. By himself he was pulling up a huge tree log. that probably weighed, would guess, over a thousand pounds. Predator was casually overpowering him. He casually lifted him off the ground with one arm with utmost ease. Think about how strong you'd have to be to carry grown men 30 or 40 feet up a tree. You'd have to be incredible strong. Him even ripping of the head and entire spin in one pull would take incredible strength.

Again, the Engineer Alien Octopus feat I think is better than Cap's helicopter feat.

golem370
I seriously doubt that log weighed a 1000lbs maybe 500lbs

Inhuman
What about Cap throwing a motorcycle so hard it caved in a military jeeps front and threw it up in the air as well from the force.
Also lifting up that multi ton beam up to escape the rubble in WS.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I seriously doubt that log weighed a 1000lbs maybe 500lbs

From this site and others, it all depends on what type of would it is. At minimum though, it would be 500 pounds. It could be over 1000 as well. Just depends,

https://extension.tennessee.edu/publications/Documents/SP748.pdf

Point is, the predator was casually dealing with somebody who was that strong.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Inhuman
What about Cap throwing a motorcycle so hard it caved in a military jeeps front and threw it up in the air as well from the force.
Also lifting up that multi ton beam up to escape the rubble in WS.

Both pretty impressive, though with the motorcycle feat there was obviously momentum involved in that one.

Inhuman
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Both pretty impressive, though with the motorcycle feat there was obviously momentum involved in that one.

If the motorcycle crashed into the military Jeep head on, suicide style at full speed, it would not have cause the type of damage the cap throw did to the front of the Jeep. And certainly would not have thrown the Jeep in the air.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree, it was impressive none the less. Let me ask you IH.. Do you agree with me on the Engineer feat being very comparable to the helicopter feat?

h1a8
Yeah but Pred doesn't have anything on the level of the helicopter feat. The helicopter feat wasnt that great. A chopper that size has a load capacity of about 1000lbs or less. Also people can pull more than twice the weight they can lift. 2 really strong men could have achieved that feat.

Silent Master
Prove it.

Surtur
I think you're a little off when you say.... nothing to match. I've brought this up before, and it's applicable, Thanos or Odin don't have any strength feats matching the Helicopter feat of Cap... so they aren't stronger? Of course they are. Heroes always have feats like that, that is what they need to do to save the world. Bad guys don't have such feats. Think about it..

In in comics where thanos has hundreds of appearance how often do you see him lifting anything? Rarely if ever. Yet, when see him casually backhanding the hulk or thor... through power scaling we know he could likely match most of their strength feats if not surpass them. Same thing here...

We see Dutch lifting the back of a truck of the ground. By himself he was pulling up a huge tree log. that probably weighed, would guess, over a thousand pounds. Predator was casually overpowering him. He casually lifted him off the ground with one arm with utmost ease. Think about how strong you'd have to be to carry grown men 30 or 40 feet up a tree. You'd have to be incredible strong. Him even ripping of the head and entire spin in one pull would take incredible strength.

Again, the Engineer Alien Octopus feat I think is better than Cap's helicopter feat.

The problem is that we have to go by what characters do on screen. So to take Odin for an example, all we've seen him do is blast people with his staff. Does he have superhuman strength? Yes, all Asgardians have some level of it, but his level of strength is unknown. Thus there would be no basis to say Odin is physically stronger than Thor, since Thor has better feats.

Dutch did have some decent feats like the ones you described, but they don't exactly match the helicopter feat.

We also have to remember some characters just aren't good for debates. The ones who really don't do much, but are implied to have great power..just don't fit in with the whole "feats" thing.

It's an example of why the system isn't perfect, but the alternative is to just go by implied power.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
The helicopter feat wasnt that great. A chopper that size has a load capacity of about 1000lbs or less. Also people can pull more than twice the weight they can lift. 2 really strong men could have achieved that feat.

You talk about the load capacity but what about the weight of the overall helicopter?

Also remember it was actively trying to take off. You think two really strong men could pull down a helicopter as it is trying to take off?

KuRuPT Thanosi
The problem is that we have to go by what characters do on screen. So to take Odin for an example, all we've seen him do is blast people with his staff. Does he have superhuman strength? Yes, all Asgardians have some level of it, but his level of strength is unknown. Thus there would be no basis to say Odin is physically stronger than Thor, since Thor has better feats.

Dutch did have some decent feats like the ones you described, but they don't exactly match the helicopter feat.

We also have to remember some characters just aren't good for debates. The ones who really don't do much, but are implied to have great power..just don't fit in with the whole "feats" thing.

It's an example of why the system isn't perfect, but the alternative is to just go by implied power.

No I understand what you're saying, and it does make it tough. I suppose the middle ground between the two is the right choice. I agree some people are hard to gauge because of their lack of strength "feats" you can quantify.

Would you say the Engineer's alien Octopus feat is on superior, on par, or less than Cap's helicopter feat.

Inhuman
The helicopter feat wasnt that great. A chopper that size has a load capacity of about 1000lbs or less. Also people can pull more than twice the weight they can lift. 2 really strong men could have achieved that feat.

This is more reliable info than just making up things or guessing badly...

"I did a little research, and it turns out the helicopter that Steve is holding on to is a Eurocopter AS350 "Ecureuil" ("Squirrel"wink, which could have a takeoff weight of as little as 2,270 (not counting the pilot and fuel) or as much as 5,225 pounds (fully loaded high performance B3 variant).

More importantly, the aircraft's takeoff power ranges between 732 and 847 shaft horsepower (depending on the engine), and the diameter of the main rotor is 36.07 feet, meaning, if my calculations are correct, the lift it generates is between 10,000 and 11,000 pounds of thrust...

Rotary area = pi*(rotor diameter/2)^2 = 3210.1996177637161188 square feet

Power loading = (takeoff power)/(rotary area) = 0.2280232032766624694 to 0.2638465207313293874 horsepower per square foot

Thrust loading = 8.6859/(power loading)^0.3107 = 13.7496212954846786530247 to 13.140169091727853994312 pounds per horsepower

Lift = (thrust loading)*(takeoff power) = 10064.7227882947847740140804 to 11129.723220693492333182264 pounds of thrust

Upward force balanced by Cap = (lift) - (takeoff weight) = 4839.7227882947847740140804 to 8859.723220693492333182264 pounds

...which alone makes this makes this at least a 4,800 pound feat for Captain America, perhaps as much as 8,800.

...but he's at an oblique angle. I figure it's about 60 degrees from the vertical/thrust vector, which would make the load feel like 9,600-17,600 pounds! Which would make Cap about a five to eight-and-a-half tonner (tension through his arms and shoulders, anchored with one hand)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From some quick searching online, I've found some commercial helicopters similar to the one in the trailer that have a max take off weight of anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 lbs. So Cap is preventing a helicopter from taking off that normally could still take off with 4-6 tons of resistance."

golem370
I might be wrong but it looked like Bucky tilted towards Steve at the end.

Inhuman
I might be wrong but it looked like Bucky tilted towards Steve at the end.

Still makes Caps feat in the 4-8 ton range. Based on these 2 people that did a bit or research instead of low-ball guessing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Inhuman
Still makes Caps feat in the 4-8 ton range. Based on these 2 people that did a bit or research instead of low-ball guessing

It's an impressive feat no doubt. Though I'm pretty sure those numbers are on the high side of things. Still impressive.

random letters

Not really. Doing something like that is severely limited by grip strength.

tkitna

Predator is strong and has some decent feats, but I think Cap casually grabbing the guy with one arm while riding a motorcycle and then throwing him 50 or so feet into a tree trumps anything the Predator did.

yEt5GyUiNO0

Also, everybody makes it a point to say that momentum was involved in the motorcycle throwing incident, but if you watch, the bike is completely stopped when he tosses it. If its momentum from Caps body flipping then i'll go along with that, but the bikes momentum had seized and had nothing to do with it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think there was anything casual about that toss at all really. I don't think it was max strength either, but I wouldn't say it was a walk I the park for him. There was momentum involved as well

Silent Master
KT doesn't learn.

tkitna
I don't think there was anything casual about that toss at all really. I don't think it was max strength either, but I wouldn't say it was a walk I the park for him. There was momentum involved as well

So you could see from that clip how much Cap strained to throw the guy and also it must be evident that momentum was involved since he was riding a motorcycle?

http://advrider.com/styles/advrider_smilies/fpalm.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
Was momentum not involved? Is that what you're claiming here?

golem370
500 pounds to Cap should be easy to lift so its impressive but not out of the realm for him I mean he lifted that one with 3 120 pound women on it easy.

tkitna
Was momentum not involved? Is that what you're claiming here?

He was riding a motorcycle and dragging a guy with one arm and then proceeded to throw him however long into a tree. How much credit are you giving this so called momentum? I don't see how simply riding a motorcycle contributes to him throwing a guy. If anything, it would make it more difficult.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.