Count Dooku/Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Arcann/Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neutral ground

Who wins

chingchangwalla
Team 1, Arcann's the weak link

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Team 1, Arcann's the weak link

SunRazer
Arcann's on par with Qel-Droma erm

UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

SunRazer
What's Qel-Droma done that's better than Arcann fighting the Outlander to a standstill?

UCanShootMyNova
Being deemed an equal to Kun someone who should logically be more powerful then him.

And the Outlander was amped by a lightsaber.

SunRazer
1. There's nothing that leads me to believe that pre-saberstaff Kun is better than the Outlander with a blade.

2. The Outlander wasn't amped in their first duel, I don't believe. And even if they were, that only makes Arcann better, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Kun is logically more powerful then Ulic. Wasn't referring to the Outlander. This being the case means Ulic is more technically skilled then Kun. This isn't taking into account his further growth in power.

He got the Godsaber before facing Arcann. The only time they fought before that Arcann defeated him as far as I'm aware. If you have evidence to the contrary feel free to post it.

SunRazer
Just being more powerful than someone doesn't necessarily make you more skilled. That doesn't mean Kun had more inherent ability than Ulic - necessarily. So no, it doesn't need to be balanced out with with Ulic being more "technically skilled", which he obviously wasn't, seeing that it was Kun who would go on to be the technically revolutionary guy with the saberstaff and the ability to alter blade intensity, etc.

Not that technicality matters between duelists of this caliber anyway.

Yes, I'm referring to the time that Arcann won (through ragdolling, not saber skill). You do realize that I'm arguing for Arcann, right? You're siding with him way too much and you're only strengthening my case.

TheKnight
Where did the Outlander was amped by a saber come from?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by SunRazer
Arcann's on par with Qel-Droma erm
mad eek!

UCanShootMyNova
Just being more powerful than someone doesn't necessarily make you more skilled. That doesn't mean Kun had more inherent ability than Ulic - necessarily. So no, it doesn't need to be balanced out with with Ulic being more "technically skilled", which he obviously wasn't, seeing that it was Kun who would go on to be the technically revolutionary guy with the saberstaff and the ability to alter blade intensity, etc.

Not that technicality matters between duelists of this caliber anyway.

Yes, I'm referring to the time that Arcann won (through ragdolling, not saber skill). You do realize that I'm arguing for Arcann, right? You're siding with him way too much and you're only strengthening my case.

No. I'm saying because Kun is logically more powerful at the time Ulic has to be more skilled to have been able to stalemate him due to Kun's superior augmentation, reflexes and precognition.

It does considering their power should be relatively even.

I'm just trying to establish the events you're referring to. You understand that the HoT was weakened at the time correct?

JKBart
Arcann tips the scales in favor of his team. He wins easily over either Dooku or Droma.

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
No. I'm saying because Kun is logically more powerful at the time Ulic has to be more skilled to have been able to stalemate him due to Kun's superior augmentation, reflexes and precognition.

It does considering their power should be relatively even.

I'm just trying to establish the events you're referring to. You understand that the HoT was weakened at the time correct?

I already told you that power doesn't necessarily lead to those, and Kun considered Ulic his rival in power regardless. There wouldn't have been any noticeable disparity in augmentation, reflexes, precognition, etc, just as there was none with regard to skill.

How so? He appeared fine to me.

UCanShootMyNova
Except it does. Power logically does lead to those except in a few select cases. Ragnos makes it clear who's the superior among those two.

He had been unfrozen from carbonite not long before and forced to fight through Zakuul Knights...

SunRazer
There wasn't any demonstrable disparity in precognition or augmentation. As I said, any gaps there are negligible. Ragnos made it clear who's stronger, but not by how much. Kun claimed Ulic was a rival by this point, so at this point, one would assume that they were close in power. And given that augmentation and other things represent a mere fraction of one's power, this slight power advantage would not bring any noticeable disparity in augmentation or precognition, as the fight between them shows.

HoT makes a living out of fighting mobs before the boss. Not sure how long ago he was in the carbonite, so I won't comment on that.

UCanShootMyNova
Still a factor.

Still a factor.

SunRazer
Do you know what "negligible" means? It means it's not worth taking into account. And certainly, by all means, it appears that way from the fight itself.

You're drawing wild conclusions and at this point, it's entirely speculation. There's no proof that Kun's superior strength was a factor, and as I recall, Ulic matched him just fine. Everything else is just your speculation.

UCanShootMyNova
You have no proof that it's negligible. Kun has FAR superior force feats to Ulic by the time they were to engage in a duel. If you'll recall Sidious considered Maul a rival even though he was outclassed.

Your assuming that it was Ulic's comparitive power that allowed him to do so though which you have no evidence of.

It's not speculation to say that fighting through armies of Zakuul Knights right after he was released from carbonite freezing would substantially weaken the HoT.

SunRazer
Sidious called Maul a rival in a different sense. Kun sensed Ulic through the Force and didn't even know who he was at the time he declared him to be a rival. He could've only referred to Force power.

I said it was speculation that Kun had noticeable advantages in strength or precognition, which certainly wasn't reflected in the fight. I already said I wasn't going to comment on the carbonite freezing, since I don't know exactly how long ago that was before they fought Arcann.

UCanShootMyNova
Sidious called Maul a rival in a different sense. Kun sensed Ulic through the Force and didn't even know who he was at the time he declared him to be a rival. He could've only referred to Force power.

I said it was speculation that Kun had noticeable advantages in strength or precognition, which certainly wasn't reflected in the fight. I already said I wasn't going to comment on the carbonite freezing, since I don't know exactly how long ago that was before they fought Arcann.

What? Like a political rival? Those quotes for Sidious now referring to political power Novie? :P

Physical strength? Why? What feats does Ulic have that are on par with bashing down a wall of Mandalorian Iron?

UCanShootMyNova
The first part of the above response was a joke btw. I acknowledge that Sidious and Kun were using "rival" in a different sense. I take issue with you assuming the gap between Kun and Ulic was negligible simply because Kun declared him a rival after sensing his power. He shouldn't be far off in terms of power but it doesn't mean he's an equal or that the difference is negligible.

SunRazer
What? Like a political rival? Those quotes for Sidious now referring to political power Novie? :P

Physical strength? Why? What feats does Ulic have that are on par with bashing down a wall of Mandalorian Iron?

Actually, yes. Maul was becoming a threat with the forces he had amassed. Obviously Maul wasn't his rival in the Force.

Matching Kun in strength, evidently.

Emperordmb
Syn hangouts

UCanShootMyNova
Actually, yes. Maul was becoming a threat with the forces he had amassed. Obviously Maul wasn't his rival in the Force.

Matching Kun in strength, evidently.

Did you not catch the post after that...

The first part of the above response was a joke btw. I acknowledge that Sidious and Kun were using "rival" in a different sense. I take issue with you assuming the gap between Kun and Ulic was negligible simply because Kun declared him a rival after sensing his power. He shouldn't be far off in terms of power but it doesn't mean he's an equal or that the difference is negligible.

It said their duel could have gone on for hours not that they were equals in physical strength. Unless there's another quote I'm unaware of...

MythLord
Team 1.

Ursumeles
Team 1, yeah.

SunRazer
Did you not catch the post after that...

It said their duel could have gone on for hours not that they were equals in physical strength. Unless there's another quote I'm unaware of...

1. No, I didn't see that. But I assumed it was a joke anyway, though I still wanted to clarify.

2. It's obvious that Kun had no noticeable physical advantage in their duel, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Why? What made it so obvious?

MythLord
"Among the Krath, Exar Kun came face to face with another fallen Jedi, whose strength matched his own -- Ulic Qel-Droma."

-- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Timeline - The Exar Kun War

UCanShootMyNova
Pretty sure that's referencing their parity as combatants which both of us have already acknowledged. We're hashing out the specifics such as physical and skill advantages.

UCanShootMyNova
Thanks anyways Wolf.

Ursumeles
Syn, answer GH.

MythLord
Pretty sure that's referencing their parity as combatants which both of us have already acknowledged. We're hashing out the specifics such as physical and skill advantages.

If it was skill, it would've said skill. Gnost knows the difference between power, strength and skill, certainly.

Since Ulic never got overwhelmed through strength, and Exar is noted as being skilfully his superior, we can only conclude the two's strength is similar.

Beniboybling
What makes Exar Kun at that point combatively greater than Arcann?

I'd say capably defeating the Outlander, be it the Wrath, HoT or whomever, tops this.

SunRazer
@Myth - That's probably referring to strength in combat. I don't think Gnost-Dural would be reading up on histories about how Ulic and Exar matched each other in the galactic weightlifting champsionships, lol.

MythLord
I dunno, Gnost seems like the dude who would.

And Beni, Arcann didn't defeat the Outlander in saber combat, but rather with mass x acceleration.

Nephthys
Not sure why people think Kun at the time he fought Ulic is superior to Arcann anyway. Frankly the Outlander has better feats than him in the base game as the HoT and Wrath. Arcann himself could easily replicate fighting the Kun of that time like Ulic did. And for my money he'd win too.

Edit: Oh god, ninja'd by Beni YUCK!

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MythLord
I dunno, Gnost seems like the dude who would.

And Beni, Arcann didn't defeat the Outlander in saber combat, but rather with mass x acceleration. He had him dead to rights. The point stands. uhuh

Nephthys
Arcann had a clear edge against the Outlander. They could certainly compete, but he got the upperhand even when they went at him hard.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He had him dead to rights. The point stands. uhuh

Arcann threw a temper tantrum like the lil ***** he is when he couldn't beat the weakened Outlander in sabers only and resulted to abuse his force edge twice in their fight.

MythLord
thumb up

Ursumeles
thumb up

Nephthys
He threw a temper tantrum when the Outlander force pushed him backwards. Thats like the opposite of what you said, lol.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nephthys
He threw a temper tantrum when the Outlander force pushed him backwards. Thats like the opposite of what you said, lol.

Lel, it would be nice if at least you would be aware of the feats of those whose cock you suck 24/7:

https://youtu.be/crMUhvb1NJE?t=6m11s

Beniboybling
Who cares, the Outlander got Tiplee'd, ergo, he was done.

cs_zoltan
Who cares, this is sabers only thread you illiterate f-ucktard.

Nephthys
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Lel, it would be nice if at least you would be aware of the feats of those whose cock you suck 24/7:

https://youtu.be/crMUhvb1NJE?t=6m11s

Thats not a temper tantrum, lol. Right after that the Outlander goes ham over HK's death and Arcann still gets the upper hand and pushes them back strongly.

cs_zoltan
You mad Arcann is on the emotional level of a teen.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Who cares, this is sabers only thread you illiterate f-ucktard. That wasn't my point, rather that the Outlander was clearly exhausted if Arcann was able to one-shot him.

UCanShootMyNova
If it was skill, it would've said skill. Gnost knows the difference between power, strength and skill, certainly.

Since Ulic never got overwhelmed through strength, and Exar is noted as being skilfully his superior, we can only conclude the two's strength is similar.

Where is it noted that Kun is Ulic's superior in skill?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 2, lol.

The Ellimist
I'm not sure tbh.

TheKnight
Team 1. Arcann stalemating with a thrash combatant like the Outlander put's him lower than Ulic and Krayt.

The Ellimist
IMHO Krayt > Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.