Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://www.google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/10/2/13140472/teaser-trailer-pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales?client=safari

Caught the teaser during Fear The Walking Dead tonight.
Kind of looking forward to it. I love the Sparrow character even when the movie is so so.

jaden101
The CGI on Javier Bardem looks terrible.

riv6672
Looked fine to me, like he and his crew are moving in water.

Kazenji
Looks good, Hoping its better then the 4th movie.

Patient_Leech
It's a nice teaser. The visuals and Johnny Depp are always good in these, but the story needed to be rebooted a long time ago. Hopefully this will accomplish that.

Firefly218
That looked fantastic I'm hype

Insane Titan
Looked awful, they need to stop making theses movies

Arachnid1
Undead crew after Captain Jack Sparrow? Isn't this the plot of every PotC movie except At Worlds End?

Also, for those who don't already know, that kid is Will Turners first son Henry Turner.

riv6672
Will got busy, eh? Good for him!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Undead crew after Captain Jack Sparrow? Isn't this the plot of every PotC movie except At Worlds End?

Also, for those who don't already know, that kid is Will Turners first son Henry Turner.

On Stranger tides was about everybody looking for immortality weren't it? Although it didn't explain how Blackbeard survived his original death....which was pretty cool TBH.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
The CGI on Javier Bardem looks terrible. thumb up

it's so bad that it was actually distracting.

vfx aren't supposed to get worse in sequels.

riv6672
I still say the moving in water effect was cool!

Jmanghan
I'm sorry, but I like all the Pirates of the Carribean movies, they have good atmosphere, good music, good acting, over-the-top action scenes.

I don't care if its repetitive as long as its set in the pirates universe.

Though the same thing goes for Star Wars.

Patient_Leech
I like Bill Nighy's Lovecraftian squid face effects a lot more, but Bardem seems like he might have a fun personality.

I don't see how people are complaining about the CGI... It's a bit dark to really tell. The floating through water effect is pretty cool, though.

riv6672
Internet.

Kazenji
Yep, People like to ***** about even the minor things.

marwash22
lol. did you not see how terribly weird the stuff around Javier face and head looked? That's not minor.

if pointing out a glaring fault in a movie is "bitching", then no one should say anything about any movie.

riv6672
Did you not see its meant to look like he's walking underwater?

marwash22
did you not see how shitty it looked?

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yep, People like to ***** about even the minor things.

Time-Immemorial
Looks like utter garbage.

Darth Thor
It's baaaaaack! Can't wait!

Firefly218
Man fuk the anti-pirates old people, we millennials will single-handedly earn Disney a billion in box office

Robtard
The first was good. Second was entertaining, not as good as the first and just about everyone turned into a pirate, but Nye's villain carried it along. Third and fourth were meh to cringe-worthy at times.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
The first was good. Second was entertaining, not as good as the first and just about everyone turned into a pirate, but Nye's villain carried it along. Third and fourth were meh to cringe-worthy at times. Yeah the first one is great, but I really love the second and third also. You have to admit the maelstrom battle in the third is amazing. Fourth is a piece of trash though.

Firefly218
Jack Sparrow is the millennials version of Indiana Jones

Robtard
Oh man, I weep for you people then.

riv6672
Originally posted by Firefly218
Man fuk the anti-pirates old people, we millennials will single-handedly earn Disney a billion in box office
^^^Haha!

Also, i'm an old people and i love Sparrow. stick out tongue

ares834
Jack Sparrow is the millennials version of Indiana Jones

no

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh man, I weep for you people then.

...this I agree with.

Inhuman
Wtf is going on in this thread

Firefly218
I don't remember Indiana Jones almost getting an Oscar

Flyattractor

Yeah but that says more about The Oscars then it does anything else.

ares834
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah but that says more about The Oscars then it does anything else.

thumb up

Firefly218
Yeah but that says more about The Oscars then it does anything else. YESSSS everyone with different opinions SUCKSSSS!!!!!!! Thnx!

Flyattractor
YESSSS everyone with different opinions SUCKSSSS!!!!!!! Thnx!

Especially people with opinions like yours...........

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a86240b247fc8a3579fab663a61fec86/tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Darth Thor
Yeah the first one is great, but I really love the second and third also. You have to admit the maelstrom battle in the third is amazing. Fourth is a piece of trash though.

thumb up

Firefly218
Especially people with opinions like yours...........

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a86240b247fc8a3579fab663a61fec86/tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif ouch

riv6672
To be fair, Raiders won Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Sound, Best Film Editing, Best Effects, Visual Effects and a Special Achievement Award For sound effects editing.
It was nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography.

Last Crusade won an Oscar for Best Effects/Sound Effects Editing in 1990.

Arachnid1
Yeah the first one is great, but I really love the second and third also. You have to admit the maelstrom battle in the third is amazing. Fourth is a piece of trash though. The second is actually my favorite one. The set pieces are awesome, Davy Jones is the best villain in the series, and it featured the scariest and best kraken I've ever seen in any medium of entertainment. Fking amazing

Firefly218
The second is actually my favorite one. The set pieces are awesome, Davy Jones is the best villain in the series, and it featured the scariest and best kraken I've ever seen in any medium of entertainment. Fking amazing thumb up Davy Jones playing piano with his tentacles is a scene seared in my memory great villain. IMO though Barbossa in the first movie had the most interesting spin and was scary but endearing. I felt sad af when he finally became mortal but died before getting to eat the apple. All he wanted was that apple...
Originally posted by riv6672
To be fair, Raiders won Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Sound, Best Film Editing, Best Effects, Visual Effects and a Special Achievement Award For sound effects editing.
It was nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography.

Last Crusade won an Oscar for Best Effects/Sound Effects Editing in 1990.
True

Kazenji
have to admit the maelstrom battle in the third is amazing.

The thing i found stupid with the big final battle was you see all those ships lined up along with the Becketts army and it only concentrated on the two ships.

Trocity
Davy Jones was awesome, but the second movie was... pretty trash.

1 was great, the rest were pretty bad, honestly. This one has that Curse of the Black Pearl feel though, so I'm optimistic.

riv6672
thumb up Davy Jones playing piano with his tentacles is a scene seared in my memory great villain. IMO though Barbossa in the first movie had the most interesting spin and was scary but endearing. I felt sad af when he finally became mortal but died before getting to eat the apple. All he wanted was that apple...
Nice. You really have a good grasp on these two.
True
I never lie.

juggerman
These movies have been getting worse and worse. I will wait for Redbox on this one

Kazenji
kHgOK1zpe0s

Lord Lucien
They made a 4th one?

riv6672
kHgOK1zpe0s
Saw this during the Superbowl.
The skeleton shark looked wicked cool. Jack was of course, the show stopper.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
They made a 4th one?

Why are you still here then?

riv6672
^^^BURN!

Patient_Leech
Yeah, some cool imagery as always, but is it going to be a good story? Probably not..

And that is the wrong song for the trailer. Doesn't fit at all.

Lord Lucien
Why are you still here then? Was it good?

Flyattractor
Was it good?

Better then the 2 before it, but that aint saying much.

Just nice to know that people have no prob seeing a woman beater make millions on dollars a movie.

Kazenji
I don't think Depp beat Amber Head up. Wouldn't surprise me if she made it all up, Some woman like to do that.

Flyattractor
I don't think Depp beat Amber Head up. Wouldn't surprise me if she made it all up, Some woman like to do that.

Such a sexist comment.

Kazenji
I said "Some" of them not all of them

so go back to burying you're head in the sand then.

Arachnid1
Such a sexist comment. And true. Hell Depps ex, Winona Ryder doesn't even believe it.

riv6672
Depp's too cool for school.

Lord Lucien
You guys remember Secret Window? That was a good movie.

Flyattractor
And true. Hell Depps ex, Winona Ryder doesn't even believe it.

Yeah if you want to take the word of a Shoplifter..

eek!

queeq
You guys remember Secret Window? That was a good movie.

I do.

Arachnid1

eek! Better than the word of a money hungry, soul sucking hoe. wink

riv6672
^^^Hoe-ly shit!

Patient_Leech

eek!

Yeah, she's a kleptomaniac. Happy Dance

Flyattractor
Better than the word of a money hungry, soul sucking hoe. wink

in Hollywood, try NOT finding one of those my friend.

Lord Lucien
They're all your friends?

Flyattractor
They're all your friends?

Fudge no. I don't like to hang out with Leftist Progressive Elitist Hypocrites...

But I will make an exception for you Lucy.

Cause ya so CUTE!

queeq
Fudge?

Kazenji
I'm sure there is some up his bum & Fly loves it.

queeq
Yuck..

Kazenji
Zombie Sharks Concept art, Sorta of a glimpse of them in the Super Bowl trailer

http://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-5-dead-men-sharks-art/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

riv6672
I thought the shark was pretty cool during the superbowl spot. thumb up

Flyattractor
I'm sure there is some up his bum & Fly loves it.

You admit to putting the Fudge up Lucy's Bum?

You dirty person you.

And Zombie Sharks have already had their own movie. They should sue Disney for ripping them off.

Patient_Leech
Not sure if anyone posted this trailer yet or not...

It reveals quite a lot more about the story...

IaJAQFSZLiM

Kazenji
Another movie i won't be watching any more trailers for.

Patient_Leech
I don't think there's any way to make this series interesting anymore. It's all just more of the same and milking at this point.

But it looks like they're trying with the story this time, some Jack Sparrow backstory. But I'll probably be skipping it and waiting for small screen.

Kazenji
I'll be seeing it at the cinema, Just hoping it ends up being better then the 4th movie.

Flyattractor
I found the 4th movie better then pts 2 & 3 TBH....

manizunis
In the latest Trailer Jack Sparrow is Seen clean Shaved.I think they are going to show his younger version.

Firefly218
I found the 4th movie better then pts 2 & 3 TBH.... This is the worst thing you've said

Patient_Leech
I found the 4th movie better then pts 2 & 3 TBH....
This is the worst thing you've said

The best thing 2 and 3 had going for them was Bill Nighy and his cool tentacle face. The 3rd one was pretty much awful. It's been a while since I've seen any of them. The 4th one was probably a little better than 2 and 3, but I remember the final sequence feeling like an obvious indoor soundstage.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The best thing 2 and 3 had going for them was Bill Nighy and his cool tentacle face. The 3rd one was pretty much awful. It's been a while since I've seen any of them. The 4th one was probably a little better than 2 and 3, but I remember the final sequence feeling like an obvious indoor soundstage. I really enjoyed 2 and 3. 2 has a charming story and in 3 the maelstrom is some of the coolest shit I remember.

4 has no soul and feels like something commercial and glib. Hopefully 5 will reverse course

Patient_Leech
Fair enough. I do respect Gore Verbinski as a filmmaker. They were surprisingly experimental big budget Disney blockbusters.

Darth Thor
I really enjoyed 2 and 3. 2 has a charming story and in 3 the maelstrom is some of the coolest shit I remember.

4 has no soul and feels like something commercial and glib. Hopefully 5 will reverse course

thumb up

Kazenji
The movie is being held for ransom by internet pirates

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/05/report-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-being-held-for-ransom-by-internet-pirates/

riv6672
Irony.

|King Joker|
I really enjoyed 2 and 3. 2 has a charming story and in 3 the maelstrom is some of the coolest shit I remember.

4 has no soul and feels like something commercial and glib. Hopefully 5 will reverse course thumb up

On Stranger Tides was terrible; everything about it was boring and stale. 2 and 3 at least was fun and entertaining, and we had Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner in it instead of irrelevant, blank-slate characters with no development.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
2 and 3 at least was fun and entertaining,

Agree about 2 & 3. I actually Love 2 almost as much as I love the first one.

TheOneFirestorm
The trailer said its the final movie of this series. No doubt as in sequels I wouldn't be surprised if they make prequels.

If that isn't true as not the last sequel then it's utterly nonsensical and moronic to advertise it in the trailer.

Flyattractor
From the Young Pretty Boy Jack in the trailers I can see them going for the Fan Girl Wank Effect and Tween Booking up a Prequel.

Cause Twilight and Shaded of Gray has taught us is that Girls and Gays will watch the SHITTIEST OF STUPID SHIT!

riv6672
I'm not worried about that at all. -shrug-

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Darth Thor
It's got a different title here: "Salazar's Revenge"

Flyattractor
It is movies like this that make me wish there was still a $1 theater in the area. You still get the fun of Going out to the Movies, but only cost a buck.

Patient_Leech
It is movies like this that make me wish there was still a $1 theater in the area. You still get the fun of Going out to the Movies, but only cost a buck.

thumb up

Yeah, we have a $2.50 theater here. I love it. It used to be $1.00, but it's steadily gone up a little to help stay in business, which is fine by me because we had another $1.00 theater in town but I think it just closed down instead.

Flyattractor
Yeah. I think there is still a "Dollar Theater" in the Big Shitty near by, it is kind of run down and ratty but depending on the type of movie that just adds to the charm of it.

roughrider
The film wrapped shooting almost two years ago. You only hold a movie back that long for three reasons: 1. It's owned by one person (George Lucas & Star Wars, George Miller & Mad Max: Fury Road, Francis Ford Coppola & Apocalypse Now) and they will release it when they think it's finished (or they are a serious auteur and won't be rushed - Stanley Kubrick, David Lean etc.); 2. The films requires a LONG time in CGI rendering (Avatar, John Carter); or 3. It's crap and they know it (George Lucas & Red Tails, Seventh Son and many other films.)

I'm going with...Option 3. stick out tongue

Esau Cairn
thumb up

Yeah, we have a $2.50 theater here. I love it. It used to be $1.00, but it's steadily gone up a little to help stay in business, which is fine by me because we had another $1.00 theater in town but I think it just closed down instead.

We have Cheap Arse Tuesdays here.
$13 tickets instead of $22.

The irony is...buying a large frozen slushee brings the total back up to $22. mad

Kazenji
jnpqQumC00g

riv6672
^^^if thats anything to by, its roughly what i've been expecting. thumb up

Kazenji
Good to hear if he feels its better then the previous one

also he points out how the director's also made the movie Bandidas, They also did a movie called Kon-Tiki a historical drama film

NotAllThatEvil
I liked the movie better than the fourth one. But maybe that's because this one played the nostalgia card

riv6672
^^^yeah, that would help a lot, get that full circle feeling.

Kazenji
The movie does have a post credits scene

In a post-credits scene, Will and Elizabeth are asleep together when suddenly there are footsteps outside their bedroom. The door creaks opened, revealing the silhouette of Davy Jones, Will seemingly awakens to see Jones ready to attack him. Suddenly Will actually awakens and assumes this is a nightmare, however as Will goes back to sleep, the camera pans down to show barnacles on the floor.

Not sure how Davy could be back with the movie dealing with that trident

NotAllThatEvil
Maybe he was secretly killed in the Bermuda triangle?

Flyattractor
And this movie also has the honor of being part of one of the (if not THE) WORST MEMORIAL DAY MOVIE WEEKENDS!!!!!!!

Kazenji
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Maybe he was secretly killed in the Bermuda triangle?

But Davy Jones is dead i'm presuming he went back to being human with Will taking over, So why is he back to being in his original form if that Trident was destroyed

NotAllThatEvil
The first half of the movie was pretty great. confused

Flyattractor
Heard that this movie pretty much gave past movie continuity a big F-U!!!!

Kazenji
You heard wrong...as usual.

NotAllThatEvil
But Davy Jones went back to being human, So why is he back to being in his original form if that Trident was destroyed

Did he? I thought he stayed all fishy. The rest of the crew didn't loose their nautical bits into after the war

NotAllThatEvil
Heard that this movie pretty much gave past movie continuity a big F-U!!!!

Pretty much just one line about the compass. Other than that it seemed consistent

Flyattractor
Can't really say else, I have heard others bring up more in reviews but I aint gonna be seing this till it hits red box.

SquallX
I was hoping for a fight between the dead and Will's Dutchman crew when they were chasing his son with the sharks, but that never happened. That potential was wasted for no reason.

NotAllThatEvil
I was thinking the same thing

Patient_Leech
I'm sort of curious to see this, but won't have a chance to get to the theater, probably. So I'm re-watching the old ones again. I forgot how good Curse of the Black Pearl is. It's just a really fun Action/Adventure/Fantasy film. Just finished Dead Man's Chest and it's a lot of fun, too, even if they story isn't as good. I find these films to be a lot of fun. The sea squid Kraken is awesome and Bill Nighy is the best...

I guess Davy Jones and his tentacley face isn't in the new one, though, huh? sad

Esau Cairn
I'm sort of curious to see this,

I'm only curious because of Kaya Scodelario.

I know reviews have said her acting is very wooden in this movie but she's so goddam beautiful.

I literally fell in love with her in the tv series, Skins.

Patient_Leech
Oh, that's the girl from The Maze Runner. Yeah, she's cool. Quite gorgeous.

Esau Cairn
Oh, that's the girl from The Maze Runner. Yeah, she's cool. Quite gorgeous.

I honestly don't remember her from The Maze Runner.

She played a goth schoolgirl with a troubled past in Skins.

The thing was, she was the only character in the series that would occasionally "break the fourth wall." She would look directly at the camera & smile or give you a wink.

Then as she got older & her life straightened out, she lost that ability.

queeq
Well, this movie was kinda crap...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by queeq
Well, this movie was kinda crap...

I'm hoping for guilty pleasure status. That's basically how I feel about 2 and 3. But the fun characters really keep it afloat (because Jack Sparrow isn't the only fun character).

Kazenji
WWZlXzsgqPM

queeq
I'm hoping for guilty pleasure status. That's basically how I feel about 2 and 3. But the fun characters really keep it afloat (because Jack Sparrow isn't the only fun character).

2 and 3 ARE guilty pleasures. They have enough quirkiness, weirdness and creativity to keep them afloat, despite the extensive subplottiness.

4 was kinda bearable, had a number of memorable scenes.

But 5.... Bardem totally underused and Jack's far from funny... he's become his own caricature.

Darth Thor
^ This ones worse than 4?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by queeq
2 and 3 ARE guilty pleasures. They have enough quirkiness, weirdness and creativity to keep them afloat, despite the extensive subplottiness.

4 was kinda bearable, had a number of memorable scenes.

But 5.... Bardem totally underused and Jack's far from funny... he's become his own caricature.

Hm... sorry to hear that about 5. I'm currently re-watching the previous films. Almost done with At World's End.. They are a lot of fun, like you said, despite very clunky subplots and whatnot. But I think Gore Verbinski is a talented and fun filmmaker, so he really keeps it interesting. I must have fallen asleep in the middle of At World's End when I saw it in the theater, because I didn't remember a lot of the middle parts, haha... the film is a bit too long.

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ This ones worse than 4?

I think it is. I fell asleep during this one. That never happened before in a theater.

4 has a couple of good scenes, like the mermaid scene. But it's a bit of a drag.

5 to me, felt like the first half introducing all these characters from the previous four movies that had to be dragged in there, little storylines being set up... and then the second half is living up to the fulfilment of those set-ups, one by one by one by one...
And then the protagonists (Will's son and the smart girl) weren't all that interesting. Will's son: boring. Smart girl: 'she's smart so she must be a witch', they keep repeating throughout the movie...

Quite... the disappointment.

Kazenji
I felt it was better then the 4th, More on par with 1-3 of the Pirates movies.

prabhash.s
I have heard that pirates of the Caribbean- salzar's revenge was the last part of this fantasy series. I would definitely like to see captain jack sparrow back again with a new adventure.

Patient_Leech
Just saw this. It's... not very good.

Recycled the same formula and it's really very boring. It's hard to say which is better/worse 4 or 5. 4 is okay until the 3rd act and horrible ending. 5 was just formulaic and boring through and through. I didn't even like the effect that they used for the cursed crew this time. It was generic and uninteresting. I'm not a big Javier Bardem fan either. He didn't make a particularly interesting villain for this series of films. Bill Nighy was the best. It needed more sea creatures and imagination. The star thing was sort of neat, though.

I got a couple chuckles here and there, though. But not much. Much of the writing was just horrible puns.

It's a very dull note to end this series of films on. thumb down thumb down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.