Kyle Katarn Saber Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
List them all and analyze them. We all seem to rank Kyle based on arbitrary rankings and not showings.

Ursumeles
I am momentary in a debate, that includes Kyle. Couldn't you have make the therad after that?

Jmanghan
Yeah, fr.

This is getting ridiculous.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I am momentary in a debate, that includes Kyle. Couldn't you have make the therad after that?

No, because this thread is here to analyze them and see where he really is.

Jmanghan
Just read his respect thread.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
No, because this thread is here to analyze them and see where he really is.
That was a joke.
Has he even non-implied feats?
His Caedus feat is...well, okay.
It is more his superiority over the likes of Valin or Jerec(pre-pre-prime) that makes him impressive.
I am waiting for Deronn, tho ^^

carthage
Fought Desann, fought the 7 Dark Jedi, clashed with Caedus for a second, beat up some Vong warriors in a comic, that's about all I can think of offhand

He literally has done nothing from between the mid Vong war to LOTF though

chingchangwalla
Getting his ass kicked by everyone, fighting evenly with Bandon, surviving a brutal encounter with Coleman Trebor etc.

SunRazer
So where does these feats actually put him?

He does have Luke's estimation of being on Viun Gaalan's level. And in a similar tier to Kyp Durron, but that's hardly high praise.

Ursumeles
I would say above Corran, but below Mara.

carthage
So where does these feats actually put him?

He does have Luke's estimation of being on Viun Gaalan's level. And in a similar tier to Kyp Durron, but that's hardly high praise.

I don't know.

Maybe on par with Jinn or Plo Koon? Viun was fighting a Luke who wasn't taking him seriously, and Kyp hasn't done much of note than nearly die to a Vong Slayer and stalemate a pre-pre prime Jaina. So neither of them are really good reference points.

Mara was noted as for a time being better than Kyp, was renowned as one of the best NJO Swordsmen in the galaxy/a Legendary warrior, stalemated Lumiya prior to LOTF, fought evenly with Corran while sick, beat up a Vong warrior while infected with Vong Spores, outclassed Alema Rar, mow through scores of Vong warriors in TUF, beat Lumiya in LOTF, and could deflect Jacen's telekinetic attacks. She's way better than Kyle imo.

SunRazer
Originally posted by carthage
I don't know.

Maybe on par with Jinn or Plo Koon? Viun was fighting a Luke who wasn't taking him seriously, and Kyp hasn't done much of note than nearly die to a Vong Slayer and stalemate a pre-pre prime Jaina. So neither of them are really good reference points.

Mara was noted as for a time being better than Kyp, was renowned as one of the best NJO Swordsmen in the galaxy/a Legendary warrior, stalemated Lumiya prior to LOTF, fought evenly with Corran while sick, beat up a Vong warrior while infected with Vong Spores, outclassed Alema Rar, beat Lumiya in LOTF, and could deflect Jacen's telekinetic attacks. She's way better than Kyle imo.

Seems like people rate Kyle a lot higher than that. There's people that think he can take down TPM Maul erm

Ursumeles
A short tier 8 Skill tierlist, how I think it is:

1. Kenobi
2. Mara/Exile/TCW Maul/Ulic
3. TPM Maul
---
4. Saba/Nihl/Bulq
5. Fisto/Tresina/Talon
6. Katarn
---
7. Corran
8. Kolar/Hamner

The --- symbolize an 1/3.

carthage
Meetra's not on par with Ulic or Kenobi, lol

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Ursumeles
A short tier 8 Skill tierlist, how I think it is:

1. Kenobi
2. Mara/Exile/TCW Maul/Ulic
3. TPM Maul
---
4. Saba/Nihl/Bulq
5. Fisto/Tresina/Talon

All that is gross. I actually want you to get raped by a Mexican, fck you.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
All that is gross.
Why exactly?
Also, I know an mexican yes

chingchangwalla
Talon isn't on par with Fisto, neither is Lobi.
TPM Maul > Meetra
TCW Maul> Obi-Wan
And Ulic absolutely crushes them all.
Bulq, Saba > Nihl

Ursumeles
Talon isn't on par with Fisto, neither is Lobi.
TPM Maul > Meetra
TCW Maul> Obi-Wan
And Ulic absolutely crushes them all.
Bulq, Saba > Nihl
Lobi had the upper hand against Lumiya, lol.
An case could be made for that, tbh.
In sabers? Kenobi>Maul.
Kenobi>Ulic in sabers, as well.
Could be.

chingchangwalla
A rival of Exar Kun, would take apart Kenobi. Ulic would speedblitz him.

Ursumeles
A rival of Exar Kun, would take apart Kenobi. Ulic would speedblitz him.
laughing laughing laughing
Neither Ulic or Exar have speed feats even remotely close to that.

Deronn_solo
Off the top of my head:
-Fought the 7 Dark Jedi, before receiving any worthwhile training in the ways of the Jedi
-Bested Tavion
-Fought through horde of Reborn/Shadow Troopers
-Fought through scores of Sith abomination on a potent dark side nexus
-Bested an amped Desann
-Bested Vong Warriors

SunRazer
So where do you think that places him?

Ursumeles
Hmm, I totally forgot his Desann feat. I'll move him higher.

Jmanghan
Desann was competing with Luke earlier as well, which is highly impressive.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Off the top of my head:
-Fought the 7 Dark Jedi, before receiving any worthwhile training in the ways of the Jedi
-Bested Tavion
-Fought through horde of Reborn/Shadow Troopers
-Fought through scores of Sith abomination on a potent dark side nexus
-Bested an amped Desann
-Bested Vong Warriors

So basically nothing.

Deronn_solo
So where do you think that places him?

Coupled with his insane physical traits, and technical skill, I see him as someone above Ventress/Kit Fisto tier, but below Kenobi/Maul/Rebels Ahsoka threshold.

JKBart
Beats Rebels Maul

Petrus
I actually thought people around here ranked him so highly mostly due to his fight versus Desann, considering Desann could give Luke a good fight.

Trocity
above Ventress/Kit Fisto tier, but below Kenobi/Maul/Rebels Ahsoka threshold.

This seems right.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Just read his respect thread.

He has one?

chingchangwalla
Ventress and Fisto would beat Kyle.

Deronn_solo
Clearly not. Feats aside, Kyle is just meant to be a bigger deal holistically.

chingchangwalla
Ventress effectively dealing with Anakin and Obi-Wan together and then choking them out in a fit rage is far beyond Kye erm

Ursumeles
Eh, I could see an case being made for Ventress winning an minority, tbh.

Deronn_solo
Yet, she loses to either repeatedly in solo efforts, lmao.

For all that, Kyle, besting with Desann, someone, who, before being amped significantly by the Yavin Temples, was competing, and effectively one-upped post DE Luke, AFTER Katarn fought through armies of foes on the Doomgiver, bested Admiral Fyyar --- than fought through scores of more Reborn/Dark Jedi/AT-ST/Stomtroopers is a feat out of Ventress' range, too.

Here is a hint; it is.

Ursumeles
Ventress effectively dealing with Anakin and Obi-Wan together and then choking them out in a fit rage is far beyond Kye erm
1. Inconcistent
2. We're talking about Sabers in this therad, lol
3. Kyle bested Jerec, who was comparable to Vader, after he absorbed one of the strongest Nexi in the galaxy.

Edit: Ninja'd, lol.

Petrus
Yet, she loses to either repeatedly in solo efforts, lmao.

For all that, Kyle, besting with Desann, someone, who, before being amped significantly by the Yavin Temples, was competing, and effectively one-upped post DE Luke, AFTER Katarn fought through armies of foes on the Doomgiver, bested Admiral Fyyar --- than fought through scores of more Reborn/Dark Jedi/AT-ST/Stomtroopers is a feat out of Ventress' range, too.

Here is a hint; it is.

thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He has one?

He does indeed. It includes such gems as:

'Kyle Katarn is a fit-looking man:

"Actually, they are his concern," Kyle Katarn said. He was still a slim and fit-looking man;'

SunRazer
Coupled with his insane physical traits, and technical skill, I see him as someone above Ventress/Kit Fisto tier, but below Kenobi/Maul/Rebels Ahsoka threshold.

Not too sure if the feats you mentioned justify him being above Ventress, I'll be honest.

Deronn_solo
Never said my opinions was infallible, or anything analogous to it. I could very well be wrong, bias, or both to a significant degree. But I don't see Ventress pulling off the Doomgiver/Yavin IV gauntlet, honestly.

SunRazer
I didn't say anything about opinions or fallibility. erm I was asking you to convince me how he's better than Ventress when I'm not seeing it through his feats.

Why's that out of her paygrade to perform?

MythLord
I'd argue Kyle is around Ventress level as an overall combatant, yeah.

Still, I've ranked up Asajj notably, mmm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.