Average PT Jedi Knight vs Average Chuunin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Your average Chuunin from Naruto takes on a jedi. Standard gear for both. For the sake of the fight let's assume a kunai can block a lightsaber.

Scenario 1: Morals in for the Jedi
Scenario 2: No morals

If the ninja stomps, then their kunai can block lightsabers

Bonus: Anbu vs Jedi Temple Guard. Who's more awesome between these masked guys?

Zenwolf
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway assuming Legends, since that's really the only detailed thing for the Jedi, the Jedi takes it.

I kinda like the Anbu look better tbh. Temple Guard is neat though.

Nephthys
I'm not sure about what the average Chuunin represents but they should be stronger and faster than a Jedi and have some bullshit abilities just based around the Konoha teams seen in the exams. An average PT Jedi's TK isn't much of a factor.

Precog is a big deal tho.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not sure about what the average Chuunin represents but they should be stronger and faster than a Jedi and have some bullshit abilities just based around the Konoha teams seen in the exams. An average PT Jedi's TK isn't much of a factor.

Agreed. Precog could turn it for the Jedi's favor, assuming the Chuunin doesn't have any eye powers.

Zenwolf
Your average Chuunin doesn't really have anything great, at best they can make a Clone of themselves, throw some kunai and knowing basic jutsu...maybe a few advanced jutsu.

Far as speed? Don't really see them as being faster tbh.

You can't really base them off the Konoha characters as of the exams, given that they were all special in some shape or form.

In fact, what is an Average Chuunin? They are all different depending what village they come from and what they specialize in.

There is no standardized Chuunin that we can really look at here.

Nephthys
I guess, but in the manga only one of them even qualified as a Chuunin.

Its hard to imagine the average Chuunin wouldn't even be as strong as Chuunin-exam Sasuke was and he did this:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/Kanae_01/Manga/ENG/Interactions/Chapter%20401%20to%20Chapter%20500/482-11.png

NewGuy01
Err, I'm pretty sure Sasuke as of the Chuunin exams was already stronger than most Chuunin--he held his ground against Haku in an earlier arc, and he was noted to be a genius assassin who killed many Jounin.

If the Chuunin is an Uchiha or a Hyuuga, then they'd have precognition as well. On both sides, but more so with the Chuunin, you really can't just leave it at "average ____", because their skillsets are so varied...

Zenwolf
I guess, but in the manga only one of them even qualified as a Chuunin.

Its hard to imagine the average Chuunin wouldn't even be as strong as Chuunin-exam Sasuke was and he did this:

Sasuke was kinda a prodigy though, so I'm not really sure an average chuunin would be on that level.

Plus what is an Average Chuunin? There's no standard, as they all vary depending on what village they come from and what they specialize in.

Nephthys
Even being in the same ballpark as that would let them punch a Jedi to pieces imo.

NewGuy01
Well, Naruto in general is a way stronger verse than SW, so yeah. Err, in terms of individual strength, that is--obviously in terms of numbers and technology there's no contest.

Total Warrior
Mmm, i was thinking of someone like Iruka sensei as average Chuunin, but he hasn't got a lot of feats. Also, apparently according to Kishimoto he may have even the skill to be an anbu, so i don't if i can consider him average

Ziggystardust
It's not just strength where Naruto characters exceed, but also speed. Naruto could already travel long distances at Mach 5 and he was below the grade of average Chunin's Warriors regarding base stats. On the other hand, Dooku is using a 400mph speeder to travel cross country. There's not much comparison.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
It's not just strength where Naruto characters exceed, but also speed. Naruto could already travel long distances at Mach 5 and he was below the grade of average Chunin's Warriors regarding base stats. On the other hand, Dooku is using a 400mph speeder to travel cross country. There's not much comparison.

Citation needed, tbh. Obviously near the end of the series, all of the relevant characters are easily hypersonic in terms of combat and travel speed, but I don't recall anything like that from pre-exams Naruto...

Ziggystardust
http://i64.tinypic.com/29u5j4.png

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Citation needed, tbh. Obviously near the end of the series, all of the relevant characters are easily hypersonic in terms of combat and travel speed, but I don't recall anything like that from pre-exams Naruto...

Citation needed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.