Why do you like LotR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nefertite
I was just wondering why people like LotR movies(books) so much?
rolling on floor laughing

Corran
Because the books are a well written original idea, and them movies because of the same and because they have been adapted very well to the big screen. The movies did the books justice which is always a good thing.

Phoenix
I can't really give you a reason... They just touch my heart and they make me think... I love 'em!

Dexx
i like the atmosphere in 'em.
And the whole story's very complex..the way i like it

julibug
I think the creativity and imagination J.R.R. Tolkien had was amazing. I love the translation into the movies as well. I absolutely love the soundtracks! I am a pianist, and have used some of the music from the first movie in performances.

DreamsinFire
well I like the films for several reasons 1}loved the book, 2} good actors 3} impressive digital grading 4} music

Rin
The same.

chica16
the books aren't like anything else i've read before and i love em.... orlando bloom's hot too

Seraph
movies and books are that impressive and emotial and great and have such a great spirit. and the character are so cool and... dunno the english word, but you know what i mean. and the (film)music is that great!!!

Dark_Queen
all of the above!!!wink

julibug
orlando bloom is hot! kinda like elijah wood, too!

hey, for those of you who find the books a little long, if you can just get through "the hobbit", it helps set the stage for the movies. there are some references in the first movie to things that happened in the book "the hobbit".

KingEllesar
i really just like the battle sequences narrated through the book then told through the characters from Jacksons POV. oh yea and for return of the king they should have the orcs flingin the mens heads over the walls of minas tirith just like from the book!

glorfindel
THEY ARE JUST SO DAMN GOOD Happy Dance

Nefertite
Ha ha! I agree!

Nefertite
I think that books are very exiting.
And movies are very very impressive!!!

Adumarwen
It is such a great story line and of corse Orlando Bloom love

Adumarwen
It is a great story line and ( of corse) Orlando Bloom! love love

LilySatine
Tolkien is an amazing writer...enough said! To be able to make up a new language, new origins and of course a whole new world is far beyong anyones reach. As for the movies, special effects were great, and nobody can complain about Orlando Bloom. wink

Senor_Pessoba
umm..what Lily said..except for the Orlando Bloom part... big grin

Marie L
Why do I love LOTR the book?

Well...

1) I love the fact that Tolkien was able to come up with so many extraordinary and fascinating names, that we have never heard of...

2) I love the way in which the book its-self can immediately transforms
you into a different world.

And last but not least...

3) When I was reading LOTR, I was able to imagine it happening right before my eyes.

Just a quick question to other fans. Is their anyone else out their who loves the book and not the film, like me?

Nessa_Bloom
I just love how much detail was put into the stories. I love history and there's just so much of it in the lord of the rings, and I find it all very interesting.

Arwen Undomiell
I think that LOTR story is very original and interesting. More I like Liv Tyler and love Orlando Bloom!!!

Nefertite
I love both! And books and movies! Happy Dance

Arwen Undomiell
Because LOTR is only, original and unrepeatable big grin big grin

Nefertite
Arwen Undomiell, what do you like more - books or movies? smile

Arwen Undomiell
I love love books and like wink movies!

muse5
the only reason i read the books was because someone told me legolas died in TTT, and i just had to know, and i'm so glad i did read them because they're just to original and creative everything someone would want in a book was here... the movies are awesome too, everything to deal with lotr is awesome, i love the norwegian fiddle used for the them of rohan, i want to beable to play in on my violin, it's so beautiful

Captain REX
I like it because I'm a scifi crazy person. Swords and arrows and grand adventures and great mythology are quite entertaining.

chica16
same here captain rex

Aragorn#1
The books were written very well, you could follow them and not get lost or you wouldnt fall asleep wile reading them you want to find out what happens next you cant help but turn the page. Same with the movies your on the edge of your seat the hole time or you need to pee soo bad but you dont want to because your afraid you'll miss a good part, you now what I mean.... there just to good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.