How big is the decrease in saber skills for Ben Kenobi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

A lot of people think its HUGE.

I think its minor, or mild.

Ursumeles
Medium.
Half an tier, at best, imo.

Ziggystardust
People - I won't be naming names - have argued that kenobi is out of his prime against Asharad Hett, two years after Revenge of the Sith. So I better not be seeing any hypocrites.

quanchi112
Considerable decline.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
People - I won't be naming names - have argued that kenobi is out of his prime against Asharad Hett, two years after Revenge of the Sith. So I better not be seeing any hypocrites. Thats retarded.

Beniboybling
"Even in his elder years, Kenobi remains a formidable Form III practitioner."

Skill wise he's probably sub-TCW Kenobi level, or around there.

DarthDuelist9
I think it's mostly physical traits which diminished.

UCanShootMyNova
Moderate decline.

Darth Abonis
Well he couldn't preform Ataru anymore, but decent Soresu, I'd say he could.

The Ellimist
I'd say TCW Obi Wan.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Considerable decline. That's going to hurt you when Maul loses to him in Rebels.

His physical decline is his hindrance with only a small loss of skill if anything from not fighting in such a long time. I'd place him a little above Cin Drallig level in terms of overall combat effectiveness.

relentless1
"Kenobi had evidently gone for some years without a duel and his skill with a lightsaber had greatly diminished. Despite this, he was still reasonably formidable and was able to hold his own against Vader for a relatively short period of time, but quickly became exhausted due to his age, lack of practice, and the physical sheer force of Vader's attacks."

so yeah, his skill and overall physicality decreased quite noticeably

The Ellimist
It sort of makes it clear that RotS Anakin >>>>> ANH Vader.

SunRazer
He's old and out-of-practice. He was described as being a shadow of his former self in Insider #62, but most people don't take that anymore.

chingchangwalla
Well Ben isn't going to be stonewalling any Anakin type assaults unless Maul comes after him with absolute fury so he doesn't need to be that good. Only needs to kill Tuskens smile

Ziggystardust
Considerable to the point where it might as well be a different person entirely. That's the only reasonable conclusion to be drawn from a 20 year cool down. But everything relating to combat has taken a hit. His physicality without the Force, his skills with augmentation and the patterns and sequences that would be ingrained in his muscle memory after 1000's of hours of sparring, long gone.

Darth Abonis
When he fights Maul, he should struggle. It's 2 years before a New Hope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.