Cin Drallig, Qui-Gon Jinn & Shaak Ti vs B-team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Fight takes place in the Temple Outer Terrace.

Who wins this one?

Kurk
Cin is skillful but pretty old and loses to anyone on B-team due to fatigue

TPM Jinn is also somewhat out of his prime in sabers and would lose to fatigue if anything

Shaak Ti is formidable but her teammates allow her to ultimately lose.

It's a long fight but B-team takes it smile

SunRazer
We don't know how old Drallig is or how good his stamina is. erm

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure Cin can beat Kit. His accolades put him on a similar level to Kit as a fighter, at least, and he knows Shii-Cho well enough to counter it - particularly by switching to Makashi.

I agree Qui-Gon and Shaak probably aren't taking any of them, though. Granted, they could hold off their enemies long enough for Cin to come back and help them finish off whoever's left, though.

Ziggystardust
They can take Saesee

UCanShootMyNova
Cin dies to any of the B team.

Kurk
Originally posted by SunRazer
We don't know how old Drallig is or how good his stamina is. erm
Well we don't know how old Ben Kenobi is or what his stamina's like; thankfully we have basic inference skills.

"He watched a lightsaber blade flick into the shot, cutting down first one Padawan, then the other. He watched the brisk stride of a caped figure who hacked through Drallig's shoulder, then stood aside as the old Troll fell dying to let the rest of the clones blast the children to shreds"

-ROTS Novel

Trocity
Stover throwing shade at Cin, lmfao.

SunRazer
Ben Kenobi's 57 and he tired rapidly against Vader-tier opponents.

Anakin at that point was Yoda/Sidious-tier, so Drallig being destroyed rapidly doesn't constitute poor stamina on his part (it isn't even said that he tired, just that he was overwhelmed).

And yes, Drallig's old, but so was Dooku. That doesn't mean he'd tire against duelists of the B-team's caliber.

The Ellimist
Cin Drallig gets low balled because he couldn't take on a Vader who was almost certainly considerably above Dooku, and possibly a rival to Sidious. Edit: ninjaed

Kurk
Ben Kenobi's 57 and he tired rapidly against Vader-tier opponents.

Anakin at that point was Yoda/Sidious-tier, so Drallig being destroyed rapidly doesn't constitute poor stamina on his part (it isn't even said that he tired, just that he was overwhelmed).

And yes, Drallig's old, but so was Dooku. That doesn't mean he'd tire against duelists of the B-team's caliber.
Dooku does tire quick in his old age too. It's his skill which allows him to quickly win against most opponents coupled with his above average force-reserves.
"He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him; he dimly sensed stairs at his back, stairs that led up to the entrance balcony."

Dooku possesses more skill than B-team opponents; he would beat them quickly enough to where it doesn't turn into an endurance fight.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku does tire quick in his old age too. It's his skill which allows him to quickly win against most opponents coupled with his above average force-reserves.
"He no longer even tried to strike back. Force exhaustion began to close down his perceptions, drawing his consciousness back down to his physical form, trapping him within his own skull until he could barely even feel the contours of the room around him; he dimly sensed stairs at his back, stairs that led up to the entrance balcony."

Dooku possesses more skill than B-team opponents; he would beat them quickly enough to where it doesn't turn into an endurance fight.

Again, that was against a Yoda/Sidious-tier fighter, lol.

It's not going to be a problem against B-teamers who are infinitely weaker than Yoda, Sidious or even Anakin in terms of Force reserves.

Kurk
Cin is not as skilled as Dooku.

Neither does well in prolonged fights against younger opponents of the same force caliber as they'll have to spend more of their reserves on augmenting their own strength and speed hence being the first to tire.

SunRazer
Show me where I said Cin was as skilled as Dooku. That's not relevant o our point.

Who says these characters are of the same Force caliber?

Ant's told me that the video game is apparently canon except for the death scenes? If so, Cin's way out of anybody's league here with the Force.

Kurk
Show me where I said Cin was as skilled as Dooku. That's not relevant o our point.

Who says these characters are of the same Force caliber?

Ant's told me that the video game is apparently canon except for the death scenes? If so, Cin's way out of anybody's league here with the Force.
I'm saying Dooku would not struggle with the B team b/c of his superior skill level and stylistic advantage. He tired against Kenobi and Anakin b/c he was unable to dispatch them quickly enough through sabers. If Cin is on the same saber skill level as B-team, it's going to come down to an endurance battle which he'll lose due to his age. That's why Dooku is relevant

SunRazer
Depends on who he fights. He could end a duel with Kit quite quickly with Makashi.

|King Joker|
B-Team.

The Ellimist
Dooku was tiring against the onslaught of Anakin and Kenobi, which would be far, far more intense than that of this trio. He can handle Ventress and Grievous at once, without stamina endangering, for example.

As for Cin Drallig's stamina, that's an interesting point. He and Jinn are indeed old, and from surrounding precedent (.i.e. Jinn, sometimes Dooku), it seems like Drallig would tire out more quickly even if he were comparably powerful.

I think Shaak Ti tips the scales though if this is her TFU incarnation. She's on par with a mid-game Galen who was already doing crazy sh*t with the Force.

|King Joker|
If it's TFU Ti, then yeah, team 1 wins.

chingchangwalla
Jinn could take anyone on the B-Team but Cin is a massive weak link

SunRazer
Cin's a massive weak link in a fight with Agen and Saesee?

MythLord
Agen handily bested Vos, and Saesee shares parity with him and Kit(or, at least loose parity).

I'm willing to argue Shaak can take any of the B-team, and Qui-Gon can potentially do so as well... But Cin losses it for his team.

SunRazer
Cin's clearly a near-top tier Jedi. That's why Dooku cites him among the Masters that Grievous should be afraid of. That's why a source mentions him having nearly unparalleled skills, and another one hyperbolically claims that he is unparalleled. And as a Battlemaster, we know that he mastered more styles than most people know exist.

Not seeing why he doesn't share loose parity with Saesee at least.

Kurk
^
He's probably trained most of B-team anyway. He trained Kenobi and was trained by Yoda so he's no lightweight.
He's hindered by a shitty Anakin showing and his physical state.

The Ellimist
Yeah seriously, people read way too much into his death. Nobody in galactic history to that point short of maybe Yoda, Sidious and maaaybe Plagueis were winning a duel with that Vader, lmfao.

BazookaMaster
B-Team 10/10 lol

Ursumeles
Bump smile

MythLord
Team 1. smile

Dispray
B team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.