Mustafar Vader vs. Maul Brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Can they defeat Skywalker in his hindered state?

Battle takes place on the plains of Naboo.

Edit: Legends

UCanShootMyNova
Yep.

Kurk
Probably not.

The Ellimist
I don't think they can take him in sabers. Obi Wan is already better than either of the brothers individually by TCW; as of RotS, he's not that far beneath Dooku as a duelist, and yet he spends almost the entire duel with Anakin backtracking furiously, and almost getting his bones cracked. Despite using the most energy efficient form, he's breathing far more heavily than Anakin by the fight's last stages. This is despite Obi Wan having the advantages of knowing Anakin's moves inside and out and backtracking with a defensive form, while taking advantage of numerous environmental hazards that muddied the waters.

Maul and Savage just can't deal with that level of power, nor do they have those benefits.

Now it's possible that they could overwhelm him with TK given that Anakin was merely stalemating Obi Wan, but I have a feeling that Anakin's defenses would be disproportionately high due to his raw power (it seems like that's less dependent on refined mastery than active telekinesis).

SunRazer
You think Obi > Maul, Ell?

MythLord
Maul or Savage get in each other's way as Anakin slices and dices them to shreds.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
You think Obi > Maul, Ell?

As a duelist yeah, RotS Obi Wan > TCW Obi Wan > TCW Maul. As a Force user he's probably inferior, but not by so much as to be decisive (I think he grew noticeably more powerful from TCW to RotS).

Also you asked me a question in another thread like yesterday or so and I can't remember which.

SunRazer
I asked you for the feats you thought that put Luke over Sidious.

And why's TCW Obi-Wan better than TCW Maul as a swordsman?

The Ellimist
I dunno, he seems to usually get the upper hand when they actually duel. In either case, Obi Wan is much better by RotS, as Dooku realizes.

SunRazer
Is this a case where TCW's retcon is actually helpful to us? laughing out loud

carthage
Vader wins

Its obvious Maul can't contend with any highly skilled duelist, per being baited by Ahsoka and captured, losing to Kanan, being floored by Ezra, and being cut in half by TPM Obi Wan. He gets stomped as soon as they clash blades and Savage dies in short order

The Ellimist
^ we're talking about Legends though.

Kurk
Originally posted by carthage
Vader wins

Its obvious Maul can't contend with any highly skilled duelist, per being baited by Ahsoka and captured, losing to Kanan, being floored by Ezra, and being cut in half by TPM Obi Wan. He gets stomped as soon as they clash blades and Savage dies in short order Please make Maul your new Bane

chingchangwalla
Maul solos.

BazookaMaster
Bros win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.