Force Defense in Legends and Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solar Power
Sorry for the trite thread, but this is a topic that I think is important for discussing feats and is one I would like some clarification on. Legends has Path of Destruction describing passive force defenses, but in Canon is this the case? It would seem in each canon depiction of a force user defending against a force attack, like in the movies and TCW, the force user is actively putting their hands up to defend. For reference, Erkan12's thread on CV:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-wars-universe/4015-57038/forums/force-defense-how-does-it-work-1759712/

Are force attacks good gauges of force power if the victim is not actively defending? For instance:
FE Malgus's showings against the strike team (strike team wasn't armed)
Savage choking out Dooku and Asajj ( They were occupied with each other)
Asajj chocking out Obi-Wan and Anakin (Just seems inconsistent)
Dooku choking out Anakin ( Anakin was being shocked by Magnaguards)

The Ellimist
Well, I dunno how Vader survived Malachor.

Kurk
Also add Sidious choking Dooku

Solar Power
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Well, I dunno how Vader survived Malachor.

I'm sorry, I don't quite get your meaning. Are you citing Vader's survival of Malachor as a canon example of passive force defense?

Originally posted by Kurk
Also add Sidious choking Dooku

This is also a good example, but I wasn't trying to list every instance, just name a few examples.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.