Toddlers in Cars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
It seems like an epidemic...every so often you here about a child left in a car. I was reading an article today about a police woman who just recently did it again. Is there a link to this phenom? Or is it just utter carelessness?

jaden101
So long as you leave them a pack of smokes and a lighter they'll be fine.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by jaden101
So long as you leave them a pack of smokes and a lighter they'll be fine.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Surtur
What bugs me is that this one woman left her two kids in a hot car and luckily a cop saw them and saved them in time. So guess what happened? People donated 100 grand to her.

dadudemon
It only seems like an epidemic because everyone is on a self-righteous hypocritical, politically correct, which hunt, all in the name of "saving the children."

It happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay way less now than it did even as little as 20 years ago. The information age makes these stories get coverage so much more quickly and pervasively so it sticks in people's minds much more readily. Before, say, in 1974, if this happened, at best, it would make the local paper and perhaps even the local news. Now, when it happens, it gets posted to the world wide web within hours or even minutes of it occurring. And multiple articles or news stories make the rounds...leaving "deep" impressions on people's minds.

So what do we have? People thinking that kids die in cars all the time instead of the truth in that kids very rarely, extremely rarely, die in cars especially when compared to the past. But we are still on a witch hunt, alright.

Check this out, in Oklahoma, where I live, your child cannot ride their back more than 2 blocks from the home without parental or "guardian" presence. Meaning, unless you have a legally aged babysitter or parent with the child, you can get in legal trouble for your child riding their bike that far away. This came straight from the mouth of the field Supervisor from the county's DHS office.

Flyattractor
What!? You all missed the " Yes Virginia, there are Stupid People" bit in Human Evolution Discussions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.