top 5 portrayals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
in ur opinion, what are the top 5 comic characters to movie/television portrayals? not limited to any one comic/film company.

Flyattractor
Dredd (Urban)
Deadpool
Captain America (AVG movies not the 90's one)
Superman (Christopher Reeves)
Hellboy

(not listed in any particular order)

Inhuman
Lex Eisenberg
Topher Eddie Brock
Leto Joker
J. Fox Electro
Momoa Aquaman

dynamix
tony stark
Punisher - Bernthal, not Jane
wolverine
hellboy
Deadpool

carthage
Fassbender Magneto/Ian Mckellen Magneto
Bernthal Punisher
Robert Downey Junior/Iron Man
Hugh Jackman Wolverine
Probably Ryan Reynold's Deadpool or Margot Robie's Harley Quinn

With the latter two being how well they adapted to their role, and Bernthal easily being the best acted live action Punisher.

riv6672
5 only?

In NPO

DEADPOOL
SUPERMAN (Reeve)
IRON MAN
PUNISHER (Stevenson)
HELLBOY

carthage
Originally posted by Inhuman
Lex Eisenberg
Topher Eddie Brock
Leto Joker
J. Fox Electro
Momoa Aquaman

thumb up

jaden101
Blade

Firefly218
Originally posted by Inhuman
Lex Eisenberg
Topher Eddie Brock
Leto Joker
J. Fox Electro
Momoa Aquaman Nah Leto's joker doesn't belong in that shitlist. He performed well but didn't get screentime/development and was in a bad movie

Inhuman
Originally posted by Firefly218
Nah Leto's joker doesn't belong in that shitlist. He performed well but didn't get screentime/development and was in a bad movie

There have been plenty of cameos or characters in movies getting very little screen time like Letos Joker that have stole the show or left people wanting more.
Leto's screentime was enough to see that this was a poor portrayal of the character IMO.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. It's a poor defense of Leto's Joker, considering.

May come up with a top 5 later.

dynamix
Originally posted by riv6672
5 only?

In NPO

DEADPOOL
SUPERMAN (Reeve)
IRON MAN
PUNISHER (Stevenson)
HELLBOY

word?? better than Bernthal? Admittedly i've never seen Warzone so i might actually check it out now lol.

Trocity
Magneto ( Michael Fassbender )
Iron Man ( RDJ )
Deadpool ( Ryan Reynolds )
Batman ( Christian Bale ) - Though I really do dig Batfleck
Superman ( Christopher Reeves )

riv6672
Originally posted by dynamix
word?? better than Bernthal? Admittedly i've never seen Warzone so i might actually check it out now lol.
I thought so, yeah.

A lot of comics performances are really good, but dont bear a strong resemblance to classic comics characters (make sense?).
CW Arrow is great, but he's not comics Ollie, as an example, so he wouldnt make a bigger list of what this thread's asking for by my understanding of it.

dynamix
Originally posted by riv6672
I thought so, yeah.

A lot of comics performances are really good, but dont bear a strong resemblance to their classic comic characters (make sense?).
CW Arrow is great, but he's not comics Ollie, as an example, so he wouldnt make a bigger list of what this thread's asking for by my understanding of it.

no yeah its about resemblance to its comic counterpart thats why i'm sayin Bernthal is my fav, he encompasses what i imagine when i read a Punisher comic. Then again i've never seen War Zone so maybe that guy is even closer in portrayal.

-Pr-
-Reeve as Superman is amazing, and though the Superman he was is mostly long gone, he definitely suits the Superman of the time.
-Reynolds as Deadpool. Just excellent in general.
-Stewart as Professor X. Perfect casting in every way.
-RDJ as Iron Man. Even though he's more RDJ than Stark a lot of the time, the two men are close enough that it works.
-Evans as Captain America. Just brilliant.

I wanted to include Blade by Snipes, but I honestly haven't read enough Blade comics to be sure of it.

Time-Immemorial
As I thought PR, you popped smoke.

NemeBro
Christopher Reeves as Superman
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian
J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
Robert Downey Jr. as Ironman
Heath Ledger as the Joker

There's a lot of comic movies I haven't seen so others might have been better.

-Pr-
Shit, I forgot Simmons. He'd definitely be on the list.

dynamix
ha oh yeah, he IS JJ Jameson!

Esau Cairn
no yeah its about resemblance to its comic counterpart thats why i'm sayin Bernthal is my fav, he encompasses what i imagine when i read a Punisher comic. Then again i've never seen War Zone so maybe that guy is even closer in portrayal.

Personally Stevenson in WarZone is the best portrayal IMO.

Dolph was limited by his_acting.

Thomas Jane was just a generic guy with a gun seeking revenge.

I enjoyed Bernthal's version but I couldn't shake off his Walking Dead role as a psycho wife stealing best friend & that persona kinda stayed with him (IMO) when he played The Punisher.

Stevenson's portrayal is brutal & never once does he drop the persona.
Stupid critics complaining that WarZone was too violent even for a Punisher movie.
SMH.

riv6672
I think we're both right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.