Bruce Lee vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Daredevil and Bruce are trick into believing they are enemies.

All feats from Bruce Lee movies.

H2H

Fight takes place in the place where Bruce fought Chuck N.

How does Bruce fair against:

Round 1: Movie Daredevil
Round 2: Netflix Daredevil

All out who wins?

h1a8
Originally posted by Kotor3
Daredevil and Bruce are trick into believing they are enemies.

All feats from Bruce Lee movies.

H2H

Fight takes place in the place where Bruce fought Chuck N.

How does Bruce fair against:

Round 1: Movie Daredevil
Round 2: Netflix Daredevil

All out who wins?

Bruce wins. He was too damn fast. Did you know that they actually slowed the camera down when filming some of his moves?

TheLurkingFear
I've only seen one or two Bruce Lee movies, but from what I recall, Affleck Daredevil would win pretty easily, and Netflix DD would probably get a small majority, thanks to his armor, and high end damage soak.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheLurkingFear
I've only seen one or two Bruce Lee movies, but from what I recall, Affleck Daredevil would win pretty easily, and Netflix DD would probably get a small majority, thanks to his armor, and high end damage soak.

thumb up

h1a8
DD was too damn slow. Bruce will pop him before he can react. There is a huge visual speed difference between the two.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
DD was too damn slow. Bruce will pop him before he can react. There is a huge visual speed difference between the two.

So visual speed differences matter?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
So visual speed differences matter? according to you yes.

Silent Master
You're the one that said.

h1a8
You're the one that said.

I was referring to the Ozy vs. WS thread. You set the rule Master. Visual speed is true speed. We all go by your rule now.

Silent Master
Where in the following post did you refer to the Ozy vs WS thread?

h1a8
Where in the following post did you refer to the Ozy vs WS thread? In that thread you implied that visual speed = real speed.
So that's what I'm going by here.

Silent Master
The actual truth is that what you consider proof changes according to who you want to win.

h1a8
The actual truth is that what you consider proof changes according to who you want to win. Not really, if that was the case I would say DD wins here as his implied speed is greater than his visual speed. Personally I don't care who wins this fight. I was honestly was using visual speed as a judge. That way, that's one less thing to debate about.

Silent Master
Of course you care who wins, that's why you posted in the thread.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheLurkingFear

Yep

BruceSkywalker
bruce lee stomps and stomps hard

h1a8
Of course you care who wins, that's why you posted in the thread. Caring who wins doesn't necessarily follow from posting in a thread. False cause.

Silent Master
Nope, I was right.

h1a8
Nope, I was right.

I guess you are delusional. I like both DD and Bruce Lee. I like to debate on who I think will win, not on who I want to win.

And why even flame? Why not debate on who you believe wins. Stop the always derailing the threads with flame posts.

Impediment
Could we put away our penises? Thanks.

My money is on Bruce Lee.

Silent Master
I guess you are delusional. I like both DD and Bruce Lee. I like to debate on who I think will win, not on who I want to win.

And why even flame? Why not debate on who you believe wins. Stop the always derailing the threads with flame posts.

Nobody believes you, seeing as you changed your standard of evidence to give your pick the win.

Edit: oops, just saw Imp's post. Consider the tangent finished.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
bruce lee stomps and stomps hard

Clownshoes No.3 has spoken!!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bruce Lee would get utterly curbed stomped by DD. This is a non fight.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Clownshoes No.3 has spoken!!!

calm down you ignorant person .... i guess you never watched any of bruce lee's films....

KuRuPT Thanosi
I've watched more than you, and obviously much better at analyzing what I see. Bruce Lee gets curbed kiddo. Go put your Captain American OneZee on, it's past your bed time.

h1a8
Imo DD from the show wasn't that impressive to me. He was getting tagged by streets and getting hurt too much. Bruce was able to beat a school of black belts without getting touched (including the Sensei like he was nothing). Bruce speed was phenomenal.

Bruce gained the Dragon (the glow) in both Return of the Dragon and Fist of Fury. In that state he's nearly invincible.

DD from comic would stomp Bruce though.

Kotor3
Bruce wins. He was too damn fast. Did you know that they actually slowed the camera down when filming some of his moves? Yes

Kotor3
Bruce Lee would get utterly curbed stomped by DD. This is a non fight. Why do you say this? I actually surprise at your response. I'm not saying your response that Bruce loses but that its a stomp.

I definitely could see Bruce winning. Feats for Bruce:
Killed people with one punch to the stomach
Strong enough to contend with a dude who was punching nails into wood within his fist.
Moved so fast that it look like he had multiple arms.
Moved so fast that a trained samurai and master could not touch him with their sword.
Defeated a dojo of trained fighters by himself.
Defeated a master with who had an iron hand and claw while using mirror tricks to confused Bruce.

That is just some of them.

How does DD stomp him?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why do you say this? I actually surprise at your response. I'm not saying your response that Bruce loses but that its a stomp.

I definitely could see Bruce winning. Feats for Bruce:
Killed people with one punch to the stomach
Strong enough to contend with a dude who was punching nails into wood within his fist.
Moved so fast that it look like he had multiple arms.
Moved so fast that a trained samurai and master could not touch him with their sword.
Defeated a dojo of trained fighters by himself.
Defeated a master with who had an iron hand and claw while using mirror tricks to confused Bruce.

That is just some of them.

How does DD stomp him?

First off, I don't think much of the final feat you mentioned from Enter the Dragon. That guy wasn't much of a master imo, and didn't showcase much skill there. I was more impressed with him in the tourney than I was in the final fight.

Move so fast looks like he had multiple arms? Which movie is this from?

I think it's a stomp because of the evolution of MA in general and because of DD senses. Is radar like senses will give him a huge advantage over Bruce. SO you combine that, with his superior variety in MA training, I think he should take it convincingly. Maybe not a stomp stomp, that might've been too harsh, but he'll win convincingly

h1a8
First off, I don't think much of the final feat you mentioned from Enter the Dragon. That guy wasn't much of a master imo, and didn't showcase much skill there. I was more impressed with him in the tourney than I was in the final fight.

I think it's a stomp because of the evolution of MA in general and because of DD senses. Is radar like senses will give him a huge advantage over Bruce. SO you combine that, with his superior variety in MA training, I think he should take it convincingly. Maybe not a stomp stomp, that might've been too harsh, but he'll win convincingly

All of that goes out of the window if you consider all the times DD has been tagged and beaten by random people. He didn't appear nowhere as fast as Bruce. Remember speed is very important. This isn't comic DD (he would stomp Bruce Lee).

Bruce dominanted highly skilled fighters far more easier than DD dominanted thugs.

Also consider that Bruce obtained the glow (Dragon) at the end of the Return of the Dragon and Chinese Connection. He was practically invincible in that state.

Kotor3

I think it's a stomp because of the evolution of MA in general and because of DD senses. Is radar like senses will give him a huge advantage over Bruce. SO you combine that, with his superior variety in MA training, I think he should take it convincingly. Maybe not a stomp stomp, that might've been too harsh, but he'll win convincingly The movie is named The Chinese connection in the US. The sword and arm feat is from that movie as well as a lot of other feats. As for the Enter the Dragon movie, the guy was a definite master in fighting and trickery. I don't know how you draw a different conclusion.

In real life Bruce Lee is view as one of the first MMA fighters. Many believe that Bruce Lee was murder for this reason and did not die from natural causes. He like Chuck N was verse in multiple arts of fighting. Bruce took various techniques from different fighting styles and form his own art which he pretty much was saying was superior to the non mixed art forums of fighting that existed at the time.

We see he was correct. That is why Chuck N stated that he believe Bruce and himself would do well in the UFC or MMA fighting.

As for DD senses they would do him well but Bruce speed, strength and striking power if by far much superior to DD in the movies and TV show.

Surtur
Even TV DD's senses aren't 100% infallible. He has been tagged way too many times for that to be the case.

Dreampanther
I am going to vote Bruce Lee. Netflix DD doesn't quite have the same feats as comics DD yet.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The movie is named The Chinese connection in the US. The sword and arm feat is from that movie as well as a lot of other feats. As for the Enter the Dragon movie, the guy was a definite master in fighting and trickery. I don't know how you draw a different conclusion.

In real life Bruce Lee is view as one of the first MMA fighters. Many believe that Bruce Lee was murder for this reason and did not die from natural causes. He like Chuck N was verse in multiple arts of fighting. Bruce took various techniques from different fighting styles and form his own art which he pretty much was saying was superior to the non mixed art forums of fighting that existed at the time.

We see he was correct. That is why Chuck N stated that he believe Bruce and himself would do well in the UFC or MMA fighting.

As for DD senses they would do him well but Bruce speed, strength and striking power if by far much superior to DD in the movies and TV show.

I'll have to watch Chinese Connection again. I remember not being all that found of that particular movie. Then again I wasn't big on The Game of Death, and some people loved that movie.

In hyperbole he was a master, by the eye test, he was pretty darn weak. I mean really, watch the scenes, he displayed no real skill or athleticism there. Sure, he did have some trickery up his sleeve, which further exemplifies my point. My resort to that, when you have all these weapons at your disposal and he's unarmed. To say nothing of, if you're really skilled h2h, why he resort to weapons? He didn't display anything impressive.

I do agree that Bruce was ahead of his time. As somebody that has watch many old Brazilian Vale Tudo fights... Pancrase.. Vale Tudo Japan... Pride etc etc I know a decent amount about MMA. Bruce was ahead of his time in that he diversified himself and what he studied. Not just striking arts, but also grappling. He was one of the first people to use arm bars and other basic grappling moves in his movies. So I won't argue there, he's just not DD level when it comes to overall skill level

Kotor3
I'll have to watch Chinese Connection again. I remember not being all that found of that particular movie. Then again I wasn't big on The Game of Death, and some people loved that movie.

In hyperbole he was a master, by the eye test, he was pretty darn weak. I mean really, watch the scenes, he displayed no real skill or athleticism there. Sure, he did have some trickery up his sleeve, which further exemplifies my point. My resort to that, when you have all these weapons at your disposal and he's unarmed. To say nothing of, if you're really skilled h2h, why he resort to weapons? He didn't display anything impressive.

I do agree that Bruce was ahead of his time. As somebody that has watch many old Brazilian Vale Tudo fights... Pancrase.. Vale Tudo Japan... Pride etc etc I know a decent amount about MMA. Bruce was ahead of his time in that he diversified himself and what he studied. Not just striking arts, but also grappling. He was one of the first people to use arm bars and other basic grappling moves in his movies. So I won't argue there, he's just not DD level when it comes to overall skill level I hear you and respect your opinion but if we are going to do a comparison against the two I believe Bruce has the advantage.

Strength - Bruce - DD (both TV and movies) has never displayed the strength that Bruce has in his movies.
Speed - Bruce is by far the superior and it is not even close.
Agility - DD does more jumping around so this goes to him but not by much. (Bruce scenes with the dogs in Fist of Fury and other scenes shows he is very agile)
Power - Bruce wins again. Bruce has killed people with one direct punch to their stomach and sometimes a few punches.
Senses - Goes to DD
Use of Weapons - Goes to Bruce
Skilled opponents - Goes to Bruce

The more I talk about it I am not seeing how DD wins. I can post specific feats for Bruce.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I hear you and respect your opinion but if we are going to do a comparison against the two I believe Bruce has the advantage.

Strength - Bruce - DD (both TV and movies) has never displayed the strength that Bruce has in his movies.
Speed - Bruce is by far the superior and it is not even close.
Agility - DD does more jumping around so this goes to him but not by much. (Bruce scenes with the dogs in Fist of Fury and other scenes shows he is very agile)
Power - Bruce wins again. Bruce has killed people with one direct punch to their stomach and sometimes a few punches.
Senses - Goes to DD
Use of Weapons - Goes to Bruce
Skilled opponents - Goes to Bruce

The more I talk about it I am not seeing how DD wins. I can post specific feats for Bruce.

First, let's be clear here, random thugs being able to hit DD is nothing more than CIS or PIS of the highest order. With his skill level and radar, that should never happen. This is a DD fighting not downgraded by PIS or CIS.

Second, I will say that I am a little bias in the way I analyze DD. What I mean is, I factor in what he SHOULD be based on the many DD comics I've read. As somebody illustrated before, in comics, DD would utterly stomp Bruce. You're right though, based on his movie and TV show portrayals, he doesn't seem as good. I agree. I'm just not really wanting to accept that fully because of what he should be and how we know the character should operate.

Third, I would agree with most of your analysis accept for the following. I strongly disagree that Bruce has faced better foes. To me Bullseye is better than anybody Bruce beat. DD easily tooled Electra, and again, knowing how good she is, is better than anybody Bruce beat. Then when we add in Kingpin and Punisher... I think it becomes pretty clear. Some of the below feats illustrate the point. I can't see Bruce pulling off some of the stuff done here. Which again illustrates DD overall superior skill imo.

Fourth, speed is even tough for me. I don't think it's as big of a gap or a gap that you're making it out to be. Actually watch the speed on their punches. Just because Bruce makes loud noises and backhands somebody and KO's them while doing a great flexing pose.. doesn't mean that punch was faster than what DD can throw. They illustrate his speed more, but again, he's facing foes that are inferior imo. Even if he's a faster, it's not by all that much.

Fifth, you're forgetting two key aspects of the fight. Durability goes to DD and reactions go to DD. Those are two variables just as important as the ones you mentioned.

I also respect your opinion Kotor and appreciate the good response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbq_23h4j4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qokXrQO0aU

Kotor3

Kotor3
@KuRuPT Thanosi
Excuse my spelling and grammar. For some reason I cannot go back and edit.

One more thing. DD needed a suit to take on Kingpin. Bruce took hits from extremely powerful opponents like in Robert Barker without any armor. Fought multiple opponents without armor.

I think you view Bruce like a fighter like Transporter. He is not. He is portrayed in Chinese Connection as a super hero of martial arts. That is how they express super hero powers in the Asian film market.

KuRuPT Thanosi
@KuRuPT Thanosi
Excuse my spelling and grammar. For some reason I cannot go back and edit.

One more thing. DD needed a suit to take on Kingpin. Bruce took hits from extremely powerful opponents like in Robert Barker without any armor. Fought multiple opponents without armor.

I think you view Bruce like a fighter like Transporter. He is not. He is portrayed in Chinese Connection as a super hero of martial arts. That is how they express super hero powers in the Asian film market.

For some reason it won't let me quote your above post. So I'll no. our discussions here.

1. No, not one of those people would beat Elektra, not one. I think you're forgetting that she has beaten supernatural and superhuman people before. None of the bad guys you mentioned were on the level of the best people Elektra has beaten. DD tooled her
A. I also disagree about Bullseye only being good with weapons. If you'll recall, he battled both Elektra and DD h2h at various points and held his own just fine.
B. You're correct that he fought Kingpin with a suit. But Kingpin, again, was above anybody Lee faced. Kingpin was incredible strong and durable guy. He was superhuman strength wise really.

2. I'll agree Bruce is slightly faster in h2h, but DD is faster in overall movement during combat

3. I'll watch CC again, and see if it jogs my memory. You could be right about this movie. But again, we can't just use that movie. If the OP had stated Lee from CC, then you're correct. He didn't though, so we have to go with all his movies and how he was portrayed, just not the highest movie.

Below is an example of one villain Elektra fought and later beat. Even with weapons, Elektra beating him is far above anything Bruce has done in cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-zjMdsTYyw

Kotor3
For some reason it won't let me quote your above post. So I'll no. our discussions here.

1. No, not one of those people would beat Elektra, not one. I think you're forgetting that she has beaten supernatural and superhuman people before. None of the bad guys you mentioned were on the level of the best people Elektra has beaten. DD tooled her
A. I also disagree about Bullseye only being good with weapons. If you'll recall, he battled both Elektra and DD h2h at various points and held his own just fine.
B. You're correct that he fought Kingpin with a suit. But Kingpin, again, was above anybody Lee faced. Kingpin was incredible strong and durable guy. He was superhuman strength wise really.

2. I'll agree Bruce is slightly faster in h2h, but DD is faster in overall movement during combat

3. I'll watch CC again, and see if it jogs my memory. You could be right about this movie. But again, we can't just use that movie. If the OP had stated Lee from CC, then you're correct. He didn't though, so we have to go with all his movies and how he was portrayed, just not the highest movie.

Below is an example of one villain Elektra fought and later beat. Even with weapons, Elektra beating him is far above anything Bruce has done in cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-zjMdsTYyw Nice discussion but we are not going to agree and it because of how you view Bruce and his opponents and that is as regular people who are skilled in martial arts. In Asian film superhuman things are shown through how gifted you are in martial arts.

The clip with Elecktra was very unimpressive as was the movie. But I get the point you are making is that he was supernatural. Well I am saying that some of Bruce opponents as well as himself were supernatural not in the same sense but in the sense of reaching peak human ability.

Yes you take all movie feats which I have but you don't diminished his greatest feats because he has smaller ones in other movies. In the clip they are using weapons. H2H how do they win?

Kingpin of the show and movie do not display strength feats greater than the ones I mentioned for Robert Barker in Chinese Connection.

Here is the biggest thing. No one in DD besides Kingpin has shown the ability to kill someone with one direct hit. Bruce has, his opponents have shown similar power. There was nothing normal about the speed, power, or durability of Bruce and those three opponents.

I am not seeing it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nice discussion but we are not going to agree and it because of how you view Bruce and his opponents and that is as regular people who are skilled in martial arts. In Asian film superhuman things are shown through how gifted you are in martial arts.

The clip with Elecktra was very unimpressive as was the movie. But I get the point you are making is that he was supernatural. Well I am saying that some of Bruce opponents as well as himself were supernatural not in the same sense but in the sense of reaching peak human ability.

Yes you take all movie feats which I have but you don't diminished his greatest feats because he has smaller ones in other movies. In the clip they are using weapons. H2H how do they win?

Kingpin of the show and movie do not display strength feats greater than the ones I mentioned for Robert Barker in Chinese Connection.

Here is the biggest thing. No one in DD besides Kingpin has shown the ability to kill someone with one direct hit. Bruce has, his opponents have shown similar power. There was nothing normal about the speed, power, or durability of Bruce and those three opponents.

I am not seeing it.

You're right on both accounts. I don't really view them as supernatural at all, but I do see your point, on how they could be construed as such in a way. Not supernatural in the same sense as the villain I posted, but in their own way. I can see your point. Even then, it's not the same level imo.

I agree she was generally unimpressive in that fight. She was better later. I was just showing that fight to illustrate the level of foes she's beaten, which is above anything Bruce beat. So when you ask me, would DD co-characters beat the men Bruce did, and you say no, I say yes and convincingly so imo

You do have a point about Bruce's power. When you factor in how powerful some of his blows are, I can see an argument for him winning. You have convinced me of that much anyways. Good day Kotor.

Kotor3
You're right on both accounts. I don't really view them as supernatural at all, but I do see your point, on how they could be construed as such in a way. Not supernatural in the same sense as the villain I posted, but in their own way. I can see your point. Even then, it's not the same level imo.

I agree she was generally unimpressive in that fight. She was better later. I was just showing that fight to illustrate the level of foes she's beaten, which is above anything Bruce beat. So when you ask me, would DD co-characters beat the men Bruce did, and you say no, I say yes and convincingly so imo

You do have a point about Bruce's power. When you factor in how powerful some of his blows are, I can see an argument for him winning. You have convinced me of that much anyways. Good day Kotor. Fair enough. Enjoyed the discussion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I enjoyed the discussion as well.

Let me ask you Kotor, if I put Bruce Lee as of CC against Pai Mei... Who wins?

Kotor3
I enjoyed the discussion as well.

Let me ask you Kotor, if I put Bruce Lee as of CC against Pai Mei... Who wins? I had to look him up I forgot who he was. Bruce would win. Bruce style of films did not involved jumping around like Jet li movies and other Kung Fu movies. However, it is heavily implied in CC that Bruce reach peak human or Chi ability when fighting the Russian. At that point he was unstoppable.

Any other version of Bruce would probably lose but CC is Bruce at his Peak. No other version really comes close to that level he displays in CC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.