Saesee Tiin vs. Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place in Theed Palace on Naboo.

SunRazer
Don't think Qui-Gon can win.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
Don't think Qui-Gon can win. Why not?

SunRazer
He doesn't have better accolades and I'm don't see why Saesee couldn't replicate his showings.

Saesee can compete strength-wise and is stronger in the Force as well.

Deronn_solo
Remind me of Tiin's feat again? All he did was duel evenly with Mace in a spar (hardly overly impressive) and was stated to be one of the most skilled duelists in the Order's history - Jinn has "humbled" someone who has the same accolade.

UCanShootMyNova
Tiin.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Remind me of Tiin's feat again? All he did was duel evenly with Mace in a spar (hardly overly impressive) and was stated to be one of the most skilled duelists in the Order's history - Jinn has "humbled" someone who has the same accolade.

Jinn humbled Bondara in a "spar" as well, lol.

Trocity
Remind me of Tiin's feat again?

He's used TK to throw battle droids kilometers and redirected missiles. As far as dueling, he has nothing except accolades iirc.

UCanShootMyNova
NOW you're taking them seriously Nova? Well, while I appreciate that you've come to the light on this I'm still a little salty it took this long.

SunRazer
I don't know how seriously I take them. I'm just saying that it makes no sense to dismiss Tiin vs Mace as a spar and then bring up a sparring feat for Qui-Gon.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, the spar with Mace only lasted, like, one page.

Jinn "humbling" Bondara obviously paints him as the superior.

Originally posted by Trocity
He's used TK to throw battle droids kilometers and redirected missiles. As far as dueling, he has nothing except accolades iirc.

So, literally nothing that puts him above Jinn as a duelist? lmao. He maybe more powerful in the Force, though.

Trocity
thumb up

SunRazer
Yeah, the spar with Mace only lasted, like, one page.

Jinn "humbling" Bondara obviously paints him as the superior.

So, literally nothing that puts him above Jinn as a duelist? lmao. He maybe more powerful in the Force, though.

Two pages.

And Saesee's definitely stronger in the Force.

Deronn_solo
And you think that is enough to say he's an equal with Jinn, or.....?

SunRazer
Possibly. I mean, Qui-Gon destroyed Xanatos and Feemor in at most two panels each (sometimes one) in Jedi: The Dark Side when they sparred.

Saesee being able to fight Mace for two pages without the latter gaining the advantage is pretty good. I mean, the gap between Mace and Qui-Gon is pretty big. Not sure how long Qui-Gon could last against Mace in a spar before Mace gets the obvious advantage.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
And Saesee's definitely stronger in the Force.

I dunno, Qui-Gon's got all that spiritual shazznazz going on. He's pretty lit.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I dunno, Qui-Gon's got all that spiritual shazznazz going on. He's pretty lit.

I admit his knowledge, perhaps even his overall mastery of the Force is better than Saesee's, but the only thing that matters here is TK and Saeee's got the better feats.

I didn't mean Saesee was stronger in the Force overall, just in a combative sense - which, again, is just TK.

NewGuy01
His notes on telepathic uses in lightsaber combat were also really cool.

SunRazer
Doubt it'll work here. They're both pretty strong in TP - neither by a distinct enough margin for it to have an effect here, IMO.

NewGuy01
I actually think it's fairly distinct in Saesee's favor, lol.

SunRazer
In terms of use of TP, maybe - which would be mastery. Not in terms of mental strength, I don't think. Qui-Gon's successfully used Mind Tricks on Hutts and incapacitated an agitated Jar Jar by putting his hand on his shoulder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.