Establishing Maul's Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
The war of agendas sees Maul's prime in a fluctuant state on this forum. It changes according to one's favour, rather than one's genuine conviction. Most innocent bystanders will look at a dried-up non villain in Rebels, who's plans for revenge leave little import besides greasing the skid marks left behind. Others think, or at least want to believe, that Maul is competent enough to learn and grow under his own esteem, and has done so with a reasonable amount of success. Then there are those who cherish the halcyon days of the devil faced assassin, who would practice and practice until a set of sequences became involuntary actions to him. They then watch the Clone Wars to see that same assassin struggling to land a hit on a moving target or getting pounced on by an attack dog shortly after. They think to themselves - perhaps languishing on a junkyard planet for a decade might have done a number to this guy's skill. I happen to agree, but what are your thoughts? When did Maul reach his peak? Is he yet to reach his peak? Or shall we expect more slapstick humour from a bumbling fumbling klutz?

UCanShootMyNova
SoD.

Emperordmb
Lotho Minor

chingchangwalla
SOD for combat, Rebels for force (assuming)

McP
Why is SoD considered as his prime? He just escaped from prison (which I doubt, that made him stronger). I think that TCW S5 (right before his duel with Sidious) he was at his prime. At least for that moment.

Old Master Maul doesn't strike me as superior Force user as well.

Kurk
Force potential will never change the older you get. Saber and overall combat will be affected by things like physical age and whether or not an increase in force power is able to make up for it.

Maul's prime in terms of overall combat effectiveness is SoD imo.

Azronger
Not sure, really.

darthbane77
SoD or TCW Season 5

NewGuy01
His peak was during his fight against Sidious.

Beniboybling
When he fought Ahsoka, on a nexus.

Zenwolf
Well if we're taking Rebel cast quotes, Maul is as powerful as ever in Rebels.

Nephthys
"Prime" seems to be a misleading term.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Prime" seems to be a misleading term.

This could also be true. There are a number of ways to interpret that word outside of combat, when it's pretty clear that in the realm of fighting, Maul is weaker.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by NewGuy01
His peak was during his fight against Sidious.
Yeah that was sick

Darth Thor
Think his peak was probably with his Chicken legs, when he stomped Opress. Those legs have him a huge physical advantage.

Aside from that eating junk for 10 years in a straight jacket between TPM and TCW, then growing into his old age whilst in hiding between ROTS and Rebels is the reason he never vastly improved and stayed on pretty much the same level throughout. Approx Kenobi level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.