Vader vs Galen Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Was Vader hindered at all when he fought Galen? Can I have quotes to support it if he wasn't?

UCanShootMyNova
He wasn't hindered in any way. I don't believe there are quotes confirming he wasn't. But you can't confirm a stance with negative reasoning.

darthbane77
Cool, somebody is trying to argue that he was hindered; and I'm pretty sure they're incorrect.

UCanShootMyNova
Ask them for their evidence of such. Better yet link me the argument and I'll set them straight.

darthbane77
https://www.facebook.com/groups/642540295899151/permalink/698014983685015/?comment_id=698046467015200&reply_comment_id=698051293681384&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1475792143349751 It's on Facebook, so you may have to join the page first if you really want to see the thread; not sure if you'll have to join 100% though.

Trocity
Marek and Starkiller vs Traya?

Rofl, spite matchup of epic proportions.

UCanShootMyNova
Death will come shortly. smile

UCanShootMyNova
It says my request is pending. sad

Alright I'll just type the response you need to post here and you can post it.

darthbane77
Sounds good.

UCanShootMyNova
Say

"If you're referring to this quote: "The apprentice understood that, until this moment, they had never truly fought as equals. His Master had either held back, or he himself had capitulated. Now, for the first time, they would see each other's true potential." - The Force Unleashed.

Then I assume you're well aware that any unfamiliarity either of them had with each other's abilities applies to the both of them and that Vader being Galen's master has a large advantage over him in this regard given he is the one who dictates what Galen learns and is able to limit the knowledge his apprentice would have about his own capabilities and likely would do so given the Sith's tendency to betray one another and that this is a practiced tactic on the part of many masters most notably Dooku in regards to Grievous and Savage."

Got it?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Trocity
Marek and Starkiller vs Traya?

Rofl, spite matchup of epic proportions. Right? lol

NewGuy01
He/she may be referring to the fact that Galen managed to emotionally unbalance him during the fight, but Vader wasn't physically limited in any unusual way.

UCanShootMyNova
You mean when he failed to employ Dun Moch causing it to backfire and enrage Vader allowing him to successfully land a blow for the first and only time in the fight? Heh.

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Say

"If you're referring to this quote: "The apprentice understood that, until this moment, they had never truly fought as equals. His Master had either held back, or he himself had capitulated. Now, for the first time, they would see each other's true potential." - The Force Unleashed.

Then I assume you're well aware that any unfamiliarity either of them had with each other's abilities applies to the both of them and that Vader being Galen's master has a large advantage over him in this regard given he is the one who dictates what Galen learns and is able to limit the knowledge his apprentice would have about his own capabilities and likely would do so given the Sith's tendency to betray one another and that this is a practiced tactic on the part of many masters most notably Dooku in regards to Grievous and Savage."

Got it? I'll go share this bit of knowledge on the thread now.

Beniboybling
Vader was emotionally unbalanced yeah, don't listen to Nova, he is a troll/sock.

UCanShootMyNova
Fug off.

TheMuser
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Vader was emotionally unbalanced yeah, don't listen to Nova, he is a troll/sock.

Can you prove it as such?

UCanShootMyNova
Muser. Quit it. Beni and I have a good balance right now of teasing animosity. I don't want to get into an actual debate but if you question the validity of his claim which he and I and everyone else knows is mostly a joke he's going to feel the need to defend it and that means a multi-hour that neither of us will leave happy from which is not something I want to do right now.

TheMuser
Muser. Quit it. Beni and I have a good balance right now of teasing animosity. I don't want to get into an actual debate but if you question the validity of his claim which he and I and everyone else knows is mostly a joke he's going to feel the need to defend it and that means a multi-hour that neither of us will leave happy from which is not something I want to do right now.

You behave as though I am trying to stir up trouble. Something I am not trying to do, I was legitimately curious if he had some new information.

UCanShootMyNova
I think that IS what you're trying to do honestly. He doesn't so just drop it.

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure Muser isn't trying to stir up trouble, Syn. You're accusing people a bit too quickly again.

Doubt that Beni could've been referring to anything other than the Dun Moch, though.

UCanShootMyNova
KMC will do that to a person.

Beniboybling
Muser. Quit it. Beni and I have a good balance right now of teasing animosity. I don't want to get into an actual debate but if you question the validity of his claim which he and I and everyone else knows is mostly a joke he's going to feel the need to defend it and that means a multi-hour that neither of us will leave happy from which is not something I want to do right now. You are afraid because you know you are wrong.

UCanShootMyNova
Fine then Beni. You've just consigned both of us to being miserable for the next few hours. Prove your claim.

darthbane77
So it begins.

Beniboybling
Fine then Beni. You've just consigned both of us to being miserable for the next few hours. Prove your claim. >Syn thinks Vader wasn't Dun Moch'ed
>Syn is a sock and a troll
>Syn is therefore wrong.

Your move.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh good. You're not in the mood for a long debate either.

Cool.

Beniboybling
Concession accepted.

TheMuser
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Concession accepted.

Oh just make out already....

Beniboybling
Don't tempt me. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

UCanShootMyNova
https://grist.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/pucker-up_h528.jpg

Fated Xtasy
https://grist.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/pucker-up_h528.jpg

Back the **** off

Beniboybling
embarrasment

Darth Thor
Originally posted by darthbane77
Was Vader hindered at all when he fought Galen? Can I have quotes to support it if he wasn't?

According to TFUII Vader approached Galen much more cautiously than he did in TFUI.

According to Sam Witwer in TFUIII Vader was going to stomp SK, showing he always held back on him previously.

UCanShootMyNova
Something that was never instituted and thus has no bearing in an actual analysis. Also the second is only in reference to TFUII. Vader had no reason to hold back in TFU I.

Darth Thor
We've basically got creator confirmation that Vader > Galen.

End of.

UCanShootMyNova
One man'a opinion does not equal canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.