Darth Vader vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Since canon sources that was given the go-ahead by Lucasfim, particularly the the head-to-head series have deemed Vader the winner, what do you guys think?

Characters at their respective peaks.

chingchangwalla
Yoda wins without a Saber.

Deronn_solo
Canon sources says otherwise.

No one cares what internet randoms have to say, lmao.

Ursumeles
Yoda in a decent one.

But as this therad is made, because Ellimist takes the Caedus>Vader Novel blurb seriously:
1. IIRC that was Yoda.
2. The Caedus>Vader quote isn't contradicted by anything-the Vader>(prime) Yoda is smile.

Deronn_solo
Nothing contradicts Vader being > Yoda directly, honestly.

Ursumeles
Nah, the statements that Yoda~Sidious, and that Sidious is the strongest Sith ever, and that Vader isn't am match for Sidious.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, Sidious power grown by a pretty noticeable degree after the events of RotS. And RotJ era was the Sidious that was untouchable to a peak Vader, not RotS.

Again, no direct contradiction.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Canon sources says otherwise.

No one cares what internet randoms have to say, lmao.
If canon sources already state it, then why did you make a thread? You too are an 'internet random', fck yourself

Jmanghan
Yeah, Sidious power grown by a pretty noticeable degree after the events of RotJ. And that was the Sidious that was untouchable to a peak Vader, not RotS.

Again, no direct contradiction. Vader... isn't taking ROTS Sidious.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Vader... isn't taking ROTS Sidious.
But this tool said so mad

Beniboybling
Wasn't it Yoda as if ESB? Lol.

Deronn_solo
To get butthurt responses outta people like you, lmao.

MythLord
Besides Head-To-Head, which seemed to be referring to ESB Yoda, there is no source that I recall placing Vader ahead of Yoda.

And Yoda stands near-equal to Sidious, who we know Vader isn't matching by any means.

Ursumeles
Yeah, Sidious power grown by a pretty noticeable degree after the events of RotS. And RotJ era was the Sidious that was untouchable to a peak Vader, not RotS.

Again, no direct contradiction.
Yeah, but Yoda was stated to be Sidious equal, and RotS Sidious is the strongest Sith ever.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Wasn't it Yoda as if ESB? Lol.

Nowhere was that stated, it was only assumed to explain it's utter ridiculousness. The pic they used was even from RotS.

Beniboybling
Yes it is lol:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111165168/4932890-6044953366-5537-.jpg

GM Yoda
Yoda.

chingchangwalla
Lmao.

Deronn_solo
Yes it is lol:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111165168/4932890-6044953366-5537-.jpg

Ah, lal.

Still where is the proof Yoda strength in the Force atrophied by a significant degree? The book only mentioned speed and agility.

Ursumeles
So Caedus>Vader>ESB Yoda.
I agree smile

Beniboybling
Regardless Star Wars Head-to-Head is considering fictional matchups that never actually happened in continuity, so in that respect can hardly be considered canon, they are framed instead as what ifs scenarios and in that respect I would treat them as Infinities.

On the other hand I don't see any reason to dismiss the descriptions of the characters themselves as non-canon.

Deronn_solo
Ah, so it seems KMC has a limit to how much stock they put into author opinions and property published and licensed by the Lucasfilm group?

Damn who knew?

Ursumeles
Just out of interested, can you post a scan of the fight?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Just out of interested, can you post a scan of the fight? lol

Ursumeles
lol
Why?

Beniboybling
Ah, so it seems KMC has a limit to how much stock they put into author opinions and property published and licensed by the Lucasfilm group?

Damn who knew? Lol, concession accepted.Originally posted by Ursumeles
Just out of interested, can you post a scan of the fight? http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111165168/4932890-6044953366-5537-.jpg

Ursumeles
I saw that, lol. I meant the "who wins" on page 64.

Deronn_solo
Lol, concession accepted.

My agenda was never to win though my dear. Only to point out the hypocrisy running rampant on these boards.

Darth Thor
Vader... isn't taking ROTS Sidious.

Prime Vader could be on par with ROTS Sidious.

After all he (in his Prime) bows down to OT Palpatine and not ROTS Sidious.

The Ellimist
Ah, lal.

Still where is the proof Yoda strength in the Force atrophied by a significant degree? The book only mentioned speed and agility.

Um, your point here was to mock the idea that officially sources should be taken seriously, but now that we've debunked this one's relevance, we're back into the realm of speculation/argument, .i.e. whether Yoda is weaker by ESB.

So your point has become moot.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor

After all he (in his Prime) bows down to OT Palpatine and not ROTS Sidious. ...So?

Ursumeles

After all he (in his Prime) bows down to OT Palpatine and not ROTS Sidious.
Sidious is stated to be the most powerful Sith ever, so, no.

Deronn_solo
My salt was real in this one. I apologize for pulling a Carthage folks, lmao.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Sidious is stated to be the most powerful Sith ever, so, no.

That logic doesn't work when comparing Rebels/OT Vader to ROTS Sidious.

...So?

So maybe it's not that clear cut when comparing OT/Rebels Vader to ROTS Sidious.

MythLord
RotS Sidious was pulling sh!t Vader can't dream of.

Deronn_solo
Feats of Palpatine collapsing a Cathedral while nearly dead, pls.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MythLord
RotS Sidious was pulling sh!t Vader can't dream of.

Not in Canon.

MythLord
Feats of Palpatine collapsing a Cathedral while nearly dead, pls.

Feats of Vader that suggest he can tool Maul and Savage combined while showing only a glimmer of his true power, plz.

Deronn_solo
Savage and Maul got dogged by Kenobi, tbh.

I'm not impressed. smile

Azronger
Vader isn't defeating any incarnation of his Master after 65BBY. Nor is he taking Yoda.

You're probably trolling, though. Isn't that the only thing you do nowadays?

The Ellimist
The earliest Palpatine that Vader would have a shot of splitting with would be right before he and Plagueis tipped the scales of the Force.

Azronger
Vader gets butchered by 41BBY Sidious.

Darth Thor
Nah you guys are overstating the gap between Vader and Sidious IMO. It certainly doesn't seem to be as large in the new Canon as it was in Legends.

The Ellimist
Nah you guys are overstating the gap between Vader and Sidious IMO. It certainly doesn't seem to be as large in the new Canon as it was in Legends.

Isn't head to head pre-Disney? So I was assuming we're talking about Legends.

Azronger

Well, I ain't talking about Canon.

Deronn_solo
Takes one to know one. smile

playa1258
Yoda

SunRazer
You're full-on wanking Sidious on CV, and you're full-on wanking Vader here. Interesting...

relentless1
Originally posted by SunRazer
You're full-on wanking Sidious on CV, and you're full-on wanking Vader here. Interesting...

well he does have two hands....

quanchi112
Yoda wins.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Isn't head to head pre-Disney? So I was assuming we're talking about Legends.

Originally posted by Azronger
Well, I ain't talking about Canon.

Fair enough. Yoda wins in either continuity btw.

Although I'm not sure about ESB Yoda.

DarthAnt66
Yoda LMFAOSLAUGHTERFEST.

Deronn_solo
Yoda couldn't even slaughter Dooku. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Yeah, and in Canon, I'd be shaky to even put Vader with Dooku.

Deronn_solo
In dueling? Because Vader is without a doubt his superior in the Force.

DarthAnt66
In dueling primarily, but even in Force it's up for debate.

Deronn_solo
That gives me an idea.

quanchi112
Yoda couldn't even slaughter Dooku. laughing out loud Vader got wrecked by Kenobi.

MythLord
Savage and Maul got dogged by Kenobi, tbh.

I'm not impressed. smile

And Old Ben, who is inferior to Florrum Kenobi, is ~ Vader, so I fail to see the point. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.