Plo Koon vs Novel Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Per Head-to-Head, Plo can best Talzin - someone who can give TCW Palpatine a legit fight.

Can he do the same to Sheev's canonical inferior?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Per Head-to-Head, Plo can best Talzin

Wat?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wat?

"Master Plo has the strength of mind to resist Mother Talzin's illusions. He casts aside the nightmarish images to see his true target and strikes her down."

Deronn_solo
I think Plo's Electric Judgement would be a bit too much for him, tbh.

The Ellimist
BTW, wouldn't this count as a what-if, and therefore N-canon anyway?

Zenwolf

Can he do the same to Sheev's canonical inferior?

Vitiate isn't Canon?

Ursumeles
"Master Plo has the strength of mind to resist Mother Talzin's illusions. He casts aside the nightmarish images to see his true target and strikes her down."
So, off-Dathomir?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Vitiate isn't Canon?

Even Legends Palpatine was stated to be > any Sith Lord, including Vitiate.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
So, off-Dathomir?

Nah, it was on Talzin's home-turf.

The Ellimist
What-ifs aren't canon. So your attempt to justify automatically dismissing sources you don't like on the grounds of not liking them has failed dramatically.

Caedus crushes Vader like a bug. thumb up

Zenwolf
Even Legends Palpatine was stated to be > any Sith Lord, including Vitiate.

Right but Legends isn't Canon.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What-ifs aren't canon. So your attempt to justify automatically dismissing sources you don't like on the grounds of not liking them has failed dramatically.

Caedus crushes Vader like a bug. thumb up

Except that was never stated in the book, lmao. As far as I now, it has the C-canon tag.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Right but Legends isn't Canon.

Still canon to "Legends", I mean shit. You get where I was trying to get at.

The Ellimist
Except that was never stated in the book, lmao.

It's been stated before the Disney acquisition that what-ifs aren't canon.

Zenwolf
Still canon to "Legends", I mean shit. You get where I was trying to get at.

Well clearly the Head to Head isn't taking in Legends into account, since it seems to be going by strict Canon and canon characters.

Deronn_solo
It's been stated before the Disney acquisition that what-ifs aren't canon.

Yeah, the fights themselves are obviously non-canon since they never actually happen in-continuity. That doesn't mean the way they reached the conclusion, the description of the fight, and the stats are just to be discarded.

Ursumeles
So, Talzin loses because she is an even shittier combat than Vitate, against Plo.
Caedus>Plo Koon>Talzin>Vader>ESB Vader

The Ellimist
Ok, let me ask you: do you think what-if endings in video games are canon? How about deleted scenes?

Deronn_solo
Ok, let me ask you: do you think what-if endings in video games are canon? How about deleted scenes?

I don't see why the power level of characters would vastly increase or decrease, when the alternate endings clearly had the same canon characters in mind when they came up with it, and the exact same events that transpired before the differing turn still happen the same.

For instance - I find Palpatine dismissing Galen in TFU dark side ending to be legitimately valid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.