Obi Wan vs. the Hero of Tython (SoR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

JKBart
1. HoT wins 10/10 without effort.
2. HoT wins 10/10 with minimal effort.
3. HoT 10/10.

Sinious
HoT in all, sabers would be cool to watch.

carthage
Kenobi wins

darthbane77
HoT

Ursumeles
HoT
Kenobi
Leaning Kenobi

UCanShootMyNova
HoT.
Kenobi.
Kenobi.

GM Yoda
Force: Hero of Tython
Sabers: Kenobi
All out : Kenobi.

chingchangwalla
Kenobi takes sabers, HOT takes force and all out

MythLord
Obi should sweep, tbh. Though Force is debatable.

FreshestSlice
What has the Hero of Tython ever done with the Force that puts them above Kenobi?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sinious
HoT in all, sabers would be cool to watch.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What has the Hero of Tython ever done with the Force that puts them above Kenobi?
Hero wouldn't get ragdolled or choked by Maul all the time.

Ursumeles
Being stated to be > 'thor.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Well for starters, yes they would. They get TK'd by everyone.
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Being stated to be > 'thor.
So what you're saying is nothing then. Non-displays aren't displays of power.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

No, the HoT is only ragdolled, stunned, mindraped or otherwise incapacitated by Darth Soverus, Darth Arkous, Drinda-Zel, Malgus, Darth Serevin, Master Obai, Commander Jensyn, Lord Vodd smile

Ursumeles

So what you're saying is nothing then. Non-displays aren't displays of power.
Of he is more powerful than 'Thor, and 'Thor is more powerful than Kenobi(debatable, of course) then is HoT more powerful than Kenobi.

DarthDuelist9
Kenobi is superior in all areas with Force being close

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
No, the HoT is only ragdolled, stunned, mindraped or otherwise incapacitated by Darth Soverus, Darth Arkous, Drinda-Zel, Malgus, Darth Serevin, Master Obai, Commander Jensyn, Lord Vodd smile
Surprised you have Maul above them.

FreshestSlice
Of he is more powerful than 'Thor, and 'Thor is more powerful than Kenobi(debatable, of course) then is HoT more powerful than Kenobi.
Which is not a showing, and thus just an accolade based solely on your opinion. The answer is nothing. The HoT has next to no actual Force showings.

Ursumeles

Nephthys
'Thor is more powerful than Kenobi(debatable, of course)

Is it though? I don't see Kenobi busting through impenetrable rakatan vault doors while a Child of the Emperor gapes.

Ursumeles

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
No, the HoT is only ragdolled, stunned, mindraped or otherwise incapacitated by Darth Soverus, Darth Arkous, Drinda-Zel, Malgus, Darth Serevin, Master Obai, Commander Jensyn, Lord Vodd smile thumb up

Nephthys

Beniboybling
This is SoR HoT.

Nephthys
Theres no difference between the SoR Hero and the one at the start of KotFE.

Beniboybling
Actually 5 years have passed IIRC.

Anyway the Outlander could be any one the protags, and at which point the others may be dead, or otherwise indisposed.

What "powerful" pertains to must also be be brought into question considering at this point he remains far weaker than Valk's children in the Force.

Nephthys
5 years have passed after you get frozen in carbonite. At the start when Valkorion possesses you it's been a few months with nothing significant happening.

I'm not the one who made the Hero the unilaterally voted default Outlander here.

There's no way to take it other than combatively since when he possesses the Outlander, they're hardly powerful in any other capacity. Also the timeskip afterwards (or the carbonite damage) could be when Arcann outstrips them, the Outlander could have been better before that point.

SunRazer
The Outlander can be either HoT or Barsen'thor, so that isn't conclusive.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
5 years have passed after you get frozen in carbonite. At the start when Valkorion possesses you it's been a few months with nothing significant happening.Fair enough. Who did then, BioWare?
There are actually, like threat level. For example Luke could be described as the Emperor's most powerful opponent despite being weaker than Vader and Gethzerion, because the former is his b@tch and the later is trapped on Dathomir.

Even if we assume the HoT is the Outlander and other protags are either dead or AWOL, in either case not a threat to Valk.

Still, even if we intepret it in a combative sense, that wouldn't necessarily make him the most masterful in the Force.Seems unlikely, Arcann appears to come into his own before that, and no indication of such significant progression is given.

Alternatively, Valkorion simply might not see his children as such a threat. More of nuisance.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Fair enough. Who did then, BioWare?

Well kind of....

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/hero10.png

But I more meant the other members of this forum. Everyone's agreed to it.

There are actually, like threat level. For example Luke could be described as the Emperor's most powerful opponent despite being weaker than Vader and Gethzerion, because the former is his b@tch and the later is trapped on Dathomir.

Even if we assume the HoT is the Outlander and other protags are either dead or AWOL, in either case not a threat to Valk.

Still, even if we intepret it in a combative sense, that wouldn't necessarily make him the most masterful in the Force.

A captured, surrounded and outgunned Hero of Tython is greater than anything else? Lol, ok. If that's the case then the Hero really is way better than anyone else.

Naw, the other protags only go AWOL after the Outlander gets captured. Doesn't get them out of the running for the quote.

Well "most powerful" is pretty easy to take in that way.

Seems unlikely, Arcann appears to come into his own before that, and no indication of such significant progression is given.

Alternatively, Valkorion simply might not see his children as such a threat. More of nuisance.

It seems much more unlikely to me that Arcann wouldn't have improved in 5 years given how young he is. And given that a freshly de-carbonited Outlander can give him a good fight when they do, I'd say a fight between them 5 years before would have gone a lot differently.

But yeah, it could just be that. Not seen as opponents. Which is a good reason to just take them out of the equation. Doesn't apply to the rest of the protags.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well kind of....

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/hero10.png

But I more meant the other members of this forum. Everyone's agreed to it.Well as a forum headcanon, but there is a difference between that and using it as a way of reading accolades.Lol I was referring to rather wider contexts than that, but fair, the other protags still appear to be present.Not when the HoT's main strength is as a warrior, if it had been Nox or the Barsenthor would you assumed them to be the most powerful lightsaber combatant as well as Force user?He doesn't look very young, and there is a difference between getting stronger and growing vastly more powerful, which is what you are suggesting.

But yeah that would be my understanding.

Nephthys
I think Arcann is barely 20, if that at the start of KotFE. Go look at the trailer. He's a baby face.

Sinious
(Posting what I said in the other recently made Kenobi/HoT thread) Originally posted by Sinious
HoT's saber feats may not have visuals as explicit as Kenobi's, or he may even be inferior in feats, but we know for a fact that HoT becomes a battlemaster, meaning that he masters all lightsabers forms. Due to shitty showings of other battle masters, this title is usually considered to be worthless but the technical mastery that's tagged to it is undeniable, and HoT's best feats are resisting powerhouses, suggesting good if not great raw power for HoT himself, which is perfectly compatible with his accolades anyway, not to mention the 300 years old prophecy of his victory against Vitiate. So great technical mastery + amp + the fact that he is tailored for melee combat more than anything (being the JK class) is enough for me to put him above Kenobi tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Hero of Tython solidly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.