Who is the most powerful person a peak Darth Nibilus can beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
As the title says, who the most powerful person a peak Darth Nihilus can best?

SunRazer
It's not as the title says. The title says Darth Nibilus.

And not sure. With regard to the Force, I rank him more towards the likes of Sidious/Vitiate than I do towards Vader, tbh.

Geistalt
Plagueis/Caedus (unless Revan actually is strong enough to deal with him).

SunRazer
Beating Plagueis is a stretch when Plagueis is more powerful, per DP's back cover.

Also, Revan at his peak probably can deal with Nihilus.

The Ellimist
If we take Revan > Nihilus seriously, then I'd say post-Nathema Vitiate.
Otherwise, Galen Marek.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer

I'll take that L, lmao. Damn I hate autocorrect on this phone.

Geistalt
I meant that more in the sense of Nihilus being weaker than Revan.

The Ellimist

And not sure. With regard to the Force, I rank him more towards the likes of Sidious/Vitiate than I do towards Vader, tbh.

Granted, I rank novel Vitiate slightly closer to Vader than RotS Sidious anyway.

Deronn_solo
I find it so difficult to rank Nihilus, I just don't. Feat wise he's Sidious' level. Holistically, he's not even better than Marka Ragnos, or Karness Murr.

The Ellimist
Holistically we only think that because Traya said so.

SunRazer
Well, Chis Avellone thinks of the Ancient Sith (and perhaps Revan) in a different way to us, it seems. So yes, Nihilus is weaker than those interpretations of the characters, but as we see it, not necessarily.

Beniboybling
Kas'im.

NewGuy01
Per Avellone, Sidious/Vader > Ancient Sith > Darth Nihilus. smile

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Holistically we only think that because Traya said so.
And according to the writer of KotR II, Traya's idea of the ancient Sith were correct.

It makes total sense, given Nihilus really isn't treated like a gigantic deal at all, in canon.

SunRazer
That's because there were nearly no records of the time.

How history remembers somebody isn't based off their power. After all, Vitiate isn't remembered for shit in history.

JKBart
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I find it so difficult to rank Nihilus, I just don't. Feat wise he's Sidious' level. Holistically, he's not even better than Marka Ragnos, or Karness Murr.

Deronn_solo
Vitiate is very clearly high on the totem pole holistically.

JKBart
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Vitiate is very clearly high on the totem pole holistically.

Yeah, I get what you mean. You don't mean the history or importance like Nova says, but rather stuff about where he is supposedly placed in the greater scale. By the comparisons to Ancients, by statements about him not even really mastering the art of Drain at all, etc. By these things, he is clearly below the top dogs of Star Wars.

That's why Nihilus is a total mess to rate, lol.

Vitiate is just historically reduced to nothing. By his placement in universe (all the stuff I just told about Nihilus) he is clearly top beast.

Deronn_solo
Yep, couldn't have said it better myself. thumb up

MythLord
Well, he can beat Maul. Not sure about Sheev's other pawns.

The Merchant
I think he can beat Vader. I don't peg Vader as highly as some do on here *eye emoji.

UCanShootMyNova
Revan, Reborn Krayt, Caedus, Vader.

SunRazer
@Deronn - The problem is that KotOR II in of itself is a forgotten era, and one that has never been portrayed accurately by another other source.

Nephthys
Sidious/Yoda.

I mean Luke is a maybe tbh.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sidious/Yoda.

I mean Luke is a maybe tbh.
LMFAO

Azronger
Some of the intermediary Banites. Not Tenebrous or Plagueis, though.

Nephthys
Lol, why not? Nihilus has an unblockable drain attack capable if wiping out planets and scores of Jedi at once and some of the strongest TK in the mythos. He can take freaking Tenebrous and Plagueis is helpless against him.

Ursumeles
Nihilus has an unblockable drain attack
LMAO. Nova proved it wrong.

Nephthys
Nova didn't prove anything, he just said he had an opinion and that his opinion in more important than Kreia's because of reasons and that he didn't require any proof for his opinion because why should he.

Ursumeles
Nova didn't prove anything, he just said he had an opinion and that his opinion in more important than Kreia's because of reasons.
What is Kreias opinion, then?

Nephthys
That the drain has no defense.

Nova's argument is that Nihilus can't use it on someone more powerful than himself. I asked what proof there is of that and he flat out refused to provide any and said it was just obvious. This is called an opinion.

SunRazer
The fact that Nihilus' Drain can't be blocked doesn't mean it can't be resisted or that he can use it successfully on more powerful beings.

Ursumeles
@Neph
Yeah, that would suggest that an weaker person like Traya...oh, wait.

Nephthys
The fact that Nihilus' Drain can't be blocked doesn't mean it can't be resisted or that he can use it successfully on more powerful beings.

Lmao, she says "there is no defense". Resistance is a defense, gtfoutta here. laughing

Originally posted by Ursumeles
@Neph
Yeah, that would suggest that an weaker person like Traya...oh, wait.

Like Traya? What, got drained by him? Yes. Yes she did.

Ursumeles

Like Traya? What, got drained by him? Yes. Yes she did.
Got drained and lived after that smile

SunRazer
On what basis do you presume to know what she means by "defense"?

Resisting something as in resisting it through sheer power/willpower, as opposed to having an actual technique that blocks it.

Indeed, Nihilus couldn't even fully carry out Drain against Traya, and it's possible that you survive Drain through willpower as well.

Nephthys
Ok. I guess Plagueis can live for a few seconds afterwards as Nihilus pops his head off like a cork.

Ursumeles
that you survive Drain through willpower as well.
Putin vs Nihilius, then?gunsmilie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.