Explain this Star Wars plot hole

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
So in Attack of the Clones, Palpatine has been Chancellor for 10 years, the novels and other sources that are canon explicitly state that a Chancellor gets two 4 years terms.. like the president... its also stated that they let him stay in until the Separatist crisis passed, but at the beginning of Attack of the Clones, two years have passed since Palpatine was to be booted out and the crisis wasn't at a emergency point at the beginning of that movie...so how exactly did Sids stay in there for two extra years??

riv6672
Politics.

Not trying to be funny. Not being a SW fan, or big into politics, i've no idea if there's an actual explanation, but a simple hand wave is back room wheeling and dealing once in office, keeping the status quo until things were "just right" for a transfer of authority.

Like i said, not a SW fan, so thats all i got. stick out tongue

Surtur
You might as well ask why George Lucas had Leia kissing Luke when he apparently planned from the beginning that they were siblings.

Note: he didn't actually plan it all from the beginning.

jaden101
He was secretly ****ing the delegate from the ET species and they had serious clout in the galaxy.

Flyattractor
Well that would explain how Ben and Anakin both aged about 30 years in the less then 20 in between the OT and the Preqs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.