TMP Qui Gon Jinn vs ATOC Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Who wins ?

Jmanghan
Qui Gon.

aalyasecura95
obi wan wins. just as skilled and has better stamina/speed.

Ziggystardust
Obi Wan is probably better than his master at this point, his energy and vigor are alive and kicking, while Qui Gon's remains on a tether. On top of that, he has a keen understanding for his masters fighting style and has learned from his Jinn's failing as a duelist, which according to the Fightsaber article, is a lack of defence. It's certainly possible that his familiarity with Jinn's style could give him the edge in skill and his better stamina making a war of attrition in his favour.

Beniboybling
Can you not spell?

Ziggystardust
On the phone rite now boyo, no time for fomailites

Beniboybling
I think you've mistyped AOTC every time you've attempted to, and now TPM, what a returd. smile

Ziggystardust
The menace phantom was great film. Hayley Joel Ossment was really great as Anakin.

Kurk
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
The menace phantom was great film. Hayley Joel Ossment was really great as Anakin.
You mean Jake Floyd
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/star-wars-actor-jake-lloyd-moved-psychiatric-facility-article-1.2595377

Ziggystardust
Jake Floyd ? Never heard of him. He sounds like the child actor from the Sixth Sense.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Can you not spell?

That's pretty rich coming from you stick out tongue

MythLord
Kenobi.

The Ellimist
Qui Gon >= AotC Anakin >= AotC Obi Wan IMHO.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Change Qui-Gon and Anakin and then I agree.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Considering TPM Kenobi was already on Qui-Gon's level, nah.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Considering TPM Kenobi was already on Qui-Gon's level, nah.

Quote?

Obi Wan appeared far less capable in their fight with Maul until he got enraged.

cs_zoltan
Ask Nova tbh, if there's a specific quote.

What I know is that Kenobi was noted among the best Jedi in the Order pre-TPM, and was faster than Qui-Gon in TPM.

Darth Thor
TPM novel specifically states that Obi-Wan was not yet Qui-Gon's equal.

And I personally didn't see much improvement in Obi-Wan between TPM and AOTC.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
TPM novel specifically states that Obi-Wan was not yet Qui-Gon's equal.

Being on the same level =/= being equal.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And I personally didn't see much improvement in Obi-Wan between TPM and AOTC.

Right, so a 25 year old Jedi didn't improve over a decade, because of....reasons? Seems legit.

SunRazer
It's hard to see Obi-Wan not surpassing his master in a decade when he was almost Qui-Gon's match by TPM alone, IIRC, and already faster.

Also, Obi-Wan knows Qui-Gon's form in-and-out, whereas Qui-Gon doesn't quite know Obi-Wan's blend of Soresu/Ataru inside-out.

|King Joker|
I think the only thing that really contradicts the notion that Obi-Wan by AotC isn't > Qui-Gon is Dooku's own statements.

SunRazer
When does Dooku compare them?

|King Joker|
It's in the AotC comic, IIRC. Don't have the scan on me now, though.

cs_zoltan

|King Joker|

cs_zoltan
Seems to be retconned anyway:

http://www.readcomics.tv/images/manga/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones/4/24.jpg

|King Joker|
Good. This helps me with arguing Luminara > Jinn. smile

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Luminara > Jinn. smile
Officially leaving KMC.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Officially leaving KMC. Literally no one will miss you. smile

chingchangwalla
Literally no one will miss you. smile
Obviously.

SunRazer
It's in the AotC comic, IIRC. Don't have the scan on me now, though.

That's Dun Moch, and it doesn't mean Qui-Gon > Obi-Wan.

|King Joker|

SunRazer
Because the AotC comic doesn't have Dooku musing anything about Qui-Gon > Obi-Wan. He says to Obi-Wan's face that he expected more from Qui-Gon's padawan.

And as Zoltan said, it got retconned out of the comic anyway.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
Because the AotC comic doesn't have Dooku musing anything about Qui-Gon > Obi-Wan. He says to Obi-Wan's face that he expected more from Qui-Gon's padawan.

And as Zoltan said, it got retconned out of the comic anyway. Do you have the scan?

Edit: Nevermind, but it does look like Dooku's own internal musings rather than Dun Möch.

SunRazer
It's Dooku taunting him. How is that not Dun Moch?

We know Dooku was taunting Obi-Wan in that fight. Obviously everything he said there was to try and get under Obi-Wan's skin.

Jmanghan
Good. This helps me with arguing Luminara > Jinn. smile ...No.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's Dooku taunting him. How is that not Dun Moch?

We know Dooku was taunting Obi-Wan in that fight. Obviously everything he said there was to try and get under Obi-Wan's skin. If Dooku was speaking to Kenobi, those "taunts" would've been in speech bubbles. I'm saying that those comments could likely have been an internal monologue rather than a taunt to rattle Kenobi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.