Darth Maul vs General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Sabers
Force
All-Out

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Force
Lol.

Anyway,

Either way in Sabers
Maul in all-out

JKBart
Sabers: Grievous
Force: Grievous accepts his limitations, restrictions, failure, weakness, and inferiority.
All out: Maul

Jmanghan
Originally posted by JKBart
Force: Grievous accepts his limitations, restrictions, failure, weakness, and inferiority.

That second one is hilarious.

Ziggystardust
Which Darth Maul? It's my personal opinion that TPM is the most skilled version of Maul, while he might be negligibly more powerful in the Clone Wars, he's lost a big chunk of that fighting finesse that made him a skilled Animal.

Round 1:

If it's TPM Maul, than they pretty much stalemate each other
It it's SOD Maul, then why do you think he chose to BFR Grievous?

Round 2:

Maul, lol

Round 3:

Maul via the force

Ursumeles
Originally posted by JKBart
Grievous > Maul in the forc, tbfh.

MythLord
Grievous.
Maul.
Grievous.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Grievous.
Maul.
Grievous.

McP
Maul in all

Deronn_solo
Maul takes all.

Kurk
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Which Darth Maul? It's my personal opinion that TPM is the most skilled version of Maul, while he might be negligibly more powerful in the Clone Wars, he's lost a big chunk of that fighting finesse that made him a skilled Animal.

Round 1:

Round 2:

Maul, lol

Round 3:

Maul via the force
thumb up

The Ellimist
Maul sweeps.

Obi Wan disarmed Grievous in like fifteen seconds; I think he'd beat Maul, but not that badly lol.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maul sweeps.

Obi Wan disarmed Grievous in like fifteen seconds; I think he'd beat Maul, but not that badly lol.

Kenobi > Maul, Soresu > Juyo (against Grievous).

The Ellimist
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Kenobi > Maul, Soresu > Juyo (against Grievous).

Maul also uses juyo, but I doubt Obi Wan is owning him like he did Grievous.

Azronger

Round 1:

Round 2:

Maul, lol

Round 3:

Maul via the force

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maul also uses juyo, but I doubt Obi Wan is owning him like he did Grievous.

The point was that Soresu is way better against Grievous than Juyo. Even more so because one of the advantages of Juyo is its unpredictability, which means shit against Grievous who can analyze your fighting style on the fly.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Maul takes all.

Darth Thor

It it's SOD Maul, then why do you think he chose to BFR

Because it's easier maybe.

People forget, but technically Kenobi finished their ROTS Saber duel by TKing him as well.

But obviously Kenobi was doing better in the actual duel.

UCanShootMyNova
Obi Wan's defenses were overwhelmed and he only managed to take the advantage over Grievous because his defense allowed him to time and angle his counter perfectly.

I don't see how a Maul who couldn't even overcome a pre prime Grievous on a DS nexus would be capable of doing so to a Grievous who was capable of fighting every with Mace Windu whilst hindered.

Darth Thor
Did Maul and Grievous even clash Sabers on Dathomir?

And it was close to ROTS, so it was pretty much Peak Grievous.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

How close? Legitimately don't know the timeline for SoD.

Darth Thor
If they did it was off panel.

Well it's post the whole TCW series. Remember Grievous from this era beat Kenobi pretty quick in the unfinished Kyber Crystal arc.

UCanShootMyNova
I can post them if you want.

Granted SoD and comic Grievous in general is superior to TCW Grievous but we can't ( or I can't anyways ) just associate that to different mediums. Instead I'll choose to attribute it to logical growth in skill over time.

So we don't know exactly how long SoD takes place after TCW?

Ziggystardust
Obi Wan and Maul can't be compared because Kenobi is just flat out better than him.

UCanShootMyNova
True Ziggler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.