Most powerful character Nihilus can gigadrain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Who is the most powerful character Nihilus can gigadrain before the other character can meaningfully respond?

McP
Not sure, Kreia?

UCanShootMyNova
Gethzerion.

Ursumeles
Muur?

Jmanghan
Anyone who can't combat it.

Dude was training planets by talking.

ares834
Fodder Jedi #87.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah. Muur launches some of the most powerful Force users in the legacy era and in a Celeste possessed form not even his living one.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Nah. Muur launches some of the most powerful Force users in the legacy era and in a Celeste possessed form not even his living one.
The talisman boosted him likely, tho.

MythLord
Originally posted by ares834
Fodder Jedi #87.

Azronger
Originally posted by McP
Not sure, Kreia?

Nephthys
This is basically the same as the other thread. As before, Nihilus can seemingly drain anyone without the Exile's repellent nature to him. The evidence against this is essentially a lot of hopes and wishes and nothing more.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
This is basically the same as the other thread. As before, Nihilus can seemingly drain anyone without the Exile's repellent nature to him. The evidence against this is essentially a lot of hopes and wishes and nothing more.

Is there any reason to believe this, other than that Traya said so?

I mean, we never see anyone resist Luke's electric judgment, so I guess this means he can insta-kill anyone with it?

Nephthys
It wiped out everyone it faced except Meetra. And Kreia is the one most knowledgeable about it. If she knows of no defense, then it stands that nobody else does unless theres proof otherwise.

Nobody displayed a defense against it. Obviously we shouldn't assume every technique is unblockable until proven elsewise. But when an attack is stated to be unblockable by the foremost expert on it and it hasn't ever been blocked then the burden is on people to prove it isn't, not on me.

Unbowed
He can potentially drain anyone. Maybe Exar Kun, Vitiate or some of the ancient Sith reputed to be masters of the Drain technique(Tulak Hord?) might be able to counter it.

Oh, and Sidious would be drained. whistle

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Unbowed
He can potentially drain anyone.

Oh, and Sidious would be drained. whistle
LMAO

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
LMAO He's right though.

He demonstrated no actual limits.

On a planet FILLED with Jedi, he drained the entire planet in seconds.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He's right though.

He demonstrated no actual limits.

On a planet FILLED with Jedi, he drained the entire planet in seconds.
No he isn't.

Sidious force storns and Luke's Electrix judgment have also no actual limit, then? roll eyes (sarcastic)

IIRC, he bombed the Planet first and feed of the death on it.
Also, that doesn't mean that he could do that to Luke, Sidious and co.
In term of force defense quality>>quantity.

Unbowed
And where was that "quality" when Yoda Force pushed him across his office?

Yet despite the fact that he couldn't defend himself from a simple Force push, he somehow can defend himself from a power that is, to put it bluntly, apocalyptic.

Ursumeles
And where was that "quality" when Yoda Force pushed him across his office?

Yet despite the fact that he couldn't defend himself from a simple Force push, he somehow can defend himself from a power that is, to put it bluntly, apocalyptic.
Hm... Yoda>>>Nihilius...maybe is that the reason?
Also, that 1000 weak Jedi can't defend themself against it, doesn't mean one good can't do it.

Ursumeles
Also, please provide evidence that Nihilius can drain anyone.

Nephthys
IIRC, he bombed the Planet first and feed of the death on it.

You do not recall correctly.

Ursumeles
You do not recall correctly.
Quote? I'll search one too.

Ursumeles
"It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

"He's right. It's... all the deaths you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now."

Source: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Credit to Nova smile

Unbowed
It takes a certain kind of poster to rely on a quote as evidence for his position when that quote actually contradicts it. laughing

Yes, Nihilus feeds on death.... right after he causes it. He completely severs any living thing from the Force, which causes death, then feeds on it and grows stronger.

And to answer your question, when the Exile asks Visas about Katarr she mentions that "it was not something done with machines or weapons".

But at this point I'm convinced you haven't actually played the game, because the whole premise of Nihilus' character is that he's a not a normal Force user, he's a black whole in the Force, a Cthullu-esque abomination that will eventually extinguish all life in the Galaxy.

You want proof that Nihilus can drain anyone? The whole game is the proof. That's what the whole game is about. All life is touched by the Force, and Nihilus and the Exile are literal wounds that feed on it.

If you're a Force user, nay, if you're a living thing, Nihilus can drain you. It's that simple.

Unbowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8qXlUpJBR4

At 4:45.

Ursumeles
1. It helps me tho, lol. Also, he does feed on the death-the death isn't caused by his drain, but by his severing of the force.
Nihilius can't just sever an stronger force user than himself, lol.
2. LMAO. What proves that? Valkorion draining Ziost, Sidious force storms, Luke pinning Caedus against his chair, etc. also weren't done with machines or weapons.
3. Yeah, I've not played it, but I saw an Lets Play smile
Also, that Nihilius would eventually destroy the galaxy isn't that impressive-about Valkorion and Sidious was stated the same.
4. In the game is also an proof against it-Traya.
Bonus: I doubt that Nihilius could train an Yuuzhan Vong, tbh. Interesting question, tho.

Nephthys
"it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.

The technique causes the death. Not some fabricated bombing. Some twit, I don't recall who, tried that theory because of a quote saying he fed on planets he "blasted into ruin", despite the fact that we freaking see the attack in Unseen, Unheard and the attack itself kills everyone and wrecks the planets buildings etc.

Geistalt
Yoda or Valkorion, tbh.

Geistalt
Actually, he might be able to drain Luke as well (and even Sidious, provided he's not actually a Force wound), but not before he speedblitzes him.

Ursumeles
The technique causes the death. Not some fabricated bombing. Some twit, I don't recall who, tried that theory because of a quote saying he fed on planets he "blasted into ruin", despite the fact that we freaking see the attack in Unseen, Unheard and the attack itself kills everyone and wrecks the planets buildings etc.
Yeah, I saw that too. But it feeds on the death, that is more important.

Unbowed
1. It helps me tho, lol. Also, he does feed on the death-the death isn't caused by his drain, but by his severing of the force.
Nihilius can't just sever an stronger force user than himself, lol.
2. LMAO. What proves that? Valkorion draining Ziost, Sidious force storms, Luke pinning Caedus against his chair, etc. also weren't done with machines or weapons.
3. Yeah, I've not played it, but I saw an Lets Play smile
Also, that Nihilius would eventually destroy the galaxy isn't that impressive-about Valkorion and Sidious was stated the same.
4. In the game is also an proof against it-Traya.
Bonus: I doubt that Nihilius could train an Yuuzhan Vong, tbh. Interesting question, tho.
Serves me right for ignoring my instincts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nephthys
Yeah, I saw that too. But it feeds on the death, that is more important.

That isn't all it does, nor the extent to which is can be applied. But regardless, you concede that Nihilus didn't bomb the planets?

You can youtube Unseen, Unheard if you want. It shows Katarrs destruction.

Ursumeles
That isn't all it does, nor the extent to which is can be applied. But regardless, you concede that Nihilus didn't bomb the planets?

You can youtube Unseen, Unheard if you want. It shows Katarrs destruction.
I don't saw an quote, that It don't feed on the death.
Yes, I do.

S_W_LeGenD
Any Force-user who cannot resist it and/or cheat death. Raw power is irrelevant here.

McP
So, to cause death, it's user must be able to sever connection between life and The Force.. And to do that, you have to be superior Force users, or catch your enemy off-guard. Most people killed by Nihilus tat way were in fact taken off-guard od weaker then him (Perhaps Kreia would be able to resist, so Nihilus took Sion with him, to Force her to split her attention between them both).

Nephthys
Originally posted by McP
And to do that, you have to be superior Force users, or catch your enemy off-guard.

Nah.

McP
Yes.

Nephthys
Proof?

SunRazer
The fact that Kreia said there's no defense doesn't mean you can suddenly apply a no-limits fallacy to it. laughing out loud

More importantly, Kreia also says that the technique, at its highest pinnacle of power, can consume anything that lives. She then goes on to say that Nihilus is rapidly reaching the height of its power, so he obviously can't "consume anything that lives" yet.

The Ellimist
Why should we think that Nihilus's drain is fundamentally different from that of, say, Krayt, who drained Luke and Abeloth for ages and didn't seem to insta-kill them?

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
The fact that Kreia said there's no defense doesn't mean you can suddenly apply a no-limits fallacy to it. laughing out loud

More importantly, Kreia also says that the technique, at its highest pinnacle of power, can consume anything that lives. She then goes on to say that Nihilus is rapidly reaching the height of its power, so he obviously can't "consume anything that lives" yet.

It isn't a no-limits fallacy. You don't see me arguing he'd beat the Ones. Just because there isn't a defense doesn't make it a fallacy. No more than it is one that, I dunno, Superman can't punch ghosts. They simply bypass his abilities. It's hardly impossible for the technique to merely operate in such a way that all known defenses fail to cover.

She says that in the context of retconned idea's about the True Sith's abilities which were never implemented, not about him supposedly being unable to consume anyone. Not sure who you even think she'd be referring to though.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Why should we think that Nihilus's drain is fundamentally different from that of, say, Krayt, who drained Luke and Abeloth for ages and didn't seem to insta-kill them?

Because it is. Its a totally different technique. Standard drain doesn't do the unique things Nihilus' technique does like scale you up to people, permanents increase your power, create absences in the force or make you addicted to using it etc etc.

The Ellimist
Luke reasons in the RotJ: novelization that all attacks generated by the Force can be repelled by it too, before briefly doing tutanimus on Sidious's Lightning.

SunRazer
It isn't a no-limits fallacy. You don't see me arguing he'd beat the Ones. Just because there isn't a defense doesn't make it a fallacy. No more than it is one that, I dunno, Superman can't punch ghosts. They simply bypass his abilities. It's hardly impossible for the technique to merely operate in such a way that all known defenses fail to cover.

I don't know what you're talking about.

I know the context of what she's saying. My point still stands. The Ancient Sith being able to do this or not is irrelevant - Nihilus has not yet reached the point where he can consume anything that lives. That's the point of it all. These Ancient Sith - their powers retconned or not - were supposed to represent the pinnacle of Drain (where one could consume anything that lives), which Nihilus was rapidly approaching but had not yet reached.

The Ellimist
Literally every other Force move ever can be resisted with enough raw power. Even premonitions can be jammed (Luke jamming Caedus's).

Nephthys

The Ellimist
@Neph: do you agree that Luke could oneshot Valkorion via a fold space of his lightsaber into his heart?

Nephthys
Yawn.

The Ellimist
Why doesn't Corran Horn oneshot Vitiate by making him see spiders and then stabbing him as he screams?

Trocity
Originally posted by The Ellimist
@Neph: do you agree that Luke could oneshot Valkorion via a fold space of his lightsaber into his heart?

thumb up

SunRazer
@Neph - You don't need to tell me what the quote is. I know what I'm talking about. I'm also referring to another part in the scene where she says this:

Whereas:

In other words, Nihilus is not yet at the highest pinnacle of power, which means that he can't consume anything that lives. So Kreia actually debunks the no-limits fallacy.

Which ties into the fact that the Assassins are using the same technique, yet do not instakill anything. And that's because the technique in of itself is not an instakill. It's only an instakill when you're using it against far less powerful beings. There's nothing inherently "instakilly" about the Force Drain technique.

And by definition, it shouldn't be an instakill because the actual feeding is on death, not life, a notion repeatedly stated by KotOR II. The killing is derived from severing someone to the Force by draining their Force connection, which nobody (bar the Exile) has shown the willpower to survive (her connection wasn't drained, but it was completely severed nevertheless). So if anything, surviving this power might have something to do with willpower as well.

I know how Nihilus' technique works - I made an entire blog on it. And yes, there's no "defense" in that there's no counter-technique, but like Sever Force, if you're stronger than them, they can't use it on you.

Zenwolf

Because it is. Its a totally different technique. Standard drain doesn't do the unique things Nihilus' technique does like scale you up to people, permanents increase your power, create absences in the force or make you addicted to using it etc etc.

Wasn't it said that he mastered Drain to a level beyond the standard, which is what he uses? Pretty sure something like that was said.

SunRazer
If "standard" means the level used by the Sith Assassins, then yes. But there's no actual "standard" for the power.

And no, Drain Life =/= Force Drain.

Zenwolf
Fair enough.

Ursumeles
Serves me right for ignoring my instincts. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Concession accepted. wink

Tondemonai
Yoda, Kun, that general tier.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Yoda, Kun, that general tier.
>Saying that Nihilius could gigadrain Yoda
or
>Saying that Kun and Yoda are in the same tier
Not sure what is more "LMAO" worthy, tbh.

Tondemonai
>Saying that Nihilius could gigadrain Yoda
or
>Saying that Kun and Yoda are in the same tier
Not sure what is more "LMAO" worthy, tbh.

That's an odd way to agree

Ursumeles
That's an odd way to agree
I don't agree. Yoda beats either one with medium difficulty.

Tondemonai
I don't agree. Yoda beats either one with medium difficulty.

Top kek

Ursumeles
Top kek
To your comment, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.