Yuriko Spoiler Thread.... (X2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ronfar
spoiler below :

Ok, I was a little irritated by the way they handled Yuriko (Lady Deathstrike). First of all, when you think about her character, in the movie only, she is very sad.

She's a slave of Striker (who hates mutants and wants to see them all dead). Throughout the movie she is brainwashed, we even see a scene where she gets a "booster shot" of mind control juice. Striker, in order to facilitate his escape, leaves her behind to fight Wolverine. Since Striker has already brainwashed Professor Xavier to kill all the mutants, he doesn't care about her survival and plans to leave without her. He may know that she is no match for Wolverine, but he wouldn't care as long as she can delay Wolverine.

So, Wolverine and Yuriko fight to the death, and Wolverine finally kills her with liquid adamantium. One less beautiful Japanese mutant in the world.

The thing that bothers me is that no one cares about her on any of the teams. To Striker, she's a filthy mutant who has been turned into a disposable weapon. He thinks no more of throwing her away than throwing away a rifle. Magneto's team seems to be mostly unaware of her except when Mystique imitates her to get into Strikers office. To Wolverine, she is just an obstacle to be dealt with in the most ruthless way possible. I doubt that he would be as ruthless with a fellow X-Man, even his rival Psyclops.

So, am I the only one bothered by this? I would still be bothered if she weren't a brainwashed slave (just like Psyclops was!), but the fact that she's been robbed of her free will makes that scene particularly annoying for me. I mean, I doubt very much that she'd be voluntarily work for Striker unless she was suicidal.

Imagine the conversation:

Striker: "Yes, Yuriko, you can help me kill all the filthy mutant scum,"
Yuriko: "But I'm a mutant."
Striker: "Yes, exactly."

end of spoiler text.

Phoenix
DON'T read this if you don't wanna know about X-3...

Kelly Hu, who plays Yuriko, has supposedly already signed onto X3 my sources say. Obviously, her healing powers go overdrive, and we will hopefully see a redeeming moment in the film for her

Nightcrawler
Hopefully she won't be so murdurous and maybe join the x-men...im not so sure about her standings in the comics because i only ever read Uncanny and Excalibur and she didn't appear in either of those...

(i dunno how to make it a spoiler so i changed the font color so u still just have to highlight it)

Phoenix
you make it a spoiler by putting (no spaces) This is a spoiler blahblahblah dumdidumdidum (No spaces)

Darth Vicious
in wolverines defense, he didnt knew she was being brainwashed and wolverine can go berserk with about as anyone who gets in his way, especially Cylops

Nightcrawler
ya thats true. i mean in the comics hes like ... psycho...lol

ronfar
I wasn't intending to be criticizing Wolverine as a "bad" guy. Obviously, Wolverine wasn't thinking deeply about the situation, so he did what he felt he had to.

I also understand that Wolverine has a tendency to go berserk (well, look what he did to Rogue in the first movie), I guess I just felt that it was a particularly gruesome way to off someone who I didn't see as a "bad guy" character.

Trust me, if someone offers me my choice of execution methods, that one is going to be way down on the list.

MaverickIce
C'mon, not to blaze on wolverine, but hey, berzerking is one of the cooler things about him.

MaverickIce
Well, if you've seen Legend of Wolverine or read this story arc, you know that Yuriko was Wolverine's former lover, and she was attacking to get revenge for the fact he destroyed the maker of his admantium shell, which happened to be her father.

Kes
Really?! That's cool! More juice for the next movie or maybe a good angle fo the wolverine spin-off. cool

Marvelgeek

Kes
Yeh they changed her character.
Weren't Wolverines claws inactive before the adimuntium (sp) thing?

Marvelgeek

Kes
It means spelling.

X-WOMen
In the movie, Deathstrike barely even talks in the movie so i think in x3 they're gonna uncover her mysterious self with some kind of explanation and story...I guess meanwhile we just gotta keep wondering till 3 YEARS LATER!! That angers me. mad

buffymitch
The only thing Yuriko say in X2 is "what are you doing here" to mystique disguised as a janitor. I noticed that a lot of people are disappointed by the fact that they made Yuriko a mutant. If you pay close attention they made a whole lot of changes just to make it realistic and a lot more simple. I for one am not botherd by this. I n fact i am glad that they did it. To the thread starter i get you. I felt really sorry for yuriko when she died but it creates another story for her. If she comes back to life they can make her deal with her horrible past and that way they can develop the love story between her and logan. Yes i know in the comic it is different but in the legend of wolverine you see that both of their past is really complicated. So i geuss it will be better if they just simplify things a bit. If they use the exact same story lines from the comics it wil be boring. So they have to come with something new. I like that brian singer tells the story of X-MEN a bit different.

X-WOMen
Good point.

Kes
I liked it too. Didn't even know she really wasn't a mutant till I read it here. All the changes they made for the movie don't boder me except the fact that storm has brown eyes!They should be blue!

verauko
I think that too... Storm should have blue eyes!

Kes
Its way more exotic stick out tongue

verauko
but I have to say that in the first part Storm's hair was awful! It looked like a wig... but in the second... FINESSE! Beutiful and very natural!

Kes
I liked it long. smile

verauko
And I would like to see "X-Teen" movie!!!!!!! and see Kevin Zegers as Cyclops and Stacey Dash as Storm (this girl from "Clueless"-Dionne)

OMG!!! I just found out she was born on January 20 1966 It's impossible!!! 37 years old?!?!?! But she looks so young!!! ARGH!!! Hold me!!!

X-WOMen
She as in Storm?

verauko
She as Storm but in "X-Teen" big grin... I made up that someone can make a movie about X-men when they were teenagers big grinbig grinbig grin it could be great... and I thought that role of Storm could play Stacey...

In "X-men" Halle is brilliant and I don't want to change her, nope!...

Kes
Who was born in 66?

verauko
Stacey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Stacey Dash is 37 years old!!! But she has green eyes... that's plus for her... she would look very natural with light eyes (I mean blue, because green and blue are not so indiffrent colours) in "X-Teen" big grinbig grinbig grin

Kes
Wow thats old!She's older than Halle Berry!

verauko
yeah! and she looks younger!!! is it possible?!

Kes
Probably because of the character she plays in clueless

verauko
What the character has to her age? I saw some pics of her... made not so long time ago... this girl is completely not makeing older...!

Kes
Well I've never seen pics of her. Just the tv show. She looks exactly like she does in the movie blink Spooky!

Nightmare
Wolverines claws were oringanlly bone but the Weapon X guys covered them in adamantium, with the rest of his bones as well. Stryker means her gave him his adamantium claws.

Blind-Enemy
i dont think Striker meant that he gave him adamantium claws, with all those changes they made in the movies i wouldnt expect that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.