Anakin > ROTS Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
In ROTS, Anakin says this: "I am more powerful then the Chancellor, I can overthrow him."

chingchangwalla
Lol.

Nephthys
Anakin dumb

Fated Xtasy
Anakin says a lot of things that arent true lol

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin dumb

Kurk
Not when you include "Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

SunRazer
Never take an arrogant person's word on how powerful they are in SW, lol.

Jmanghan
I mean, he already had some idea of Palpatine's power.

Implying that Windu and his team weren't enough.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Not when you include "Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!" Except he didn't.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean, he already had some idea of Palpatine's power.

Implying that Windu and his team weren't enough.

He wanted an excuse to go with Mace, and he could've guessed from the fact that Sidious apprenticed Dooku.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Except he didn't. Clearly. Maybe if he wasn't crippled.

quanchi112
Clearly. Maybe if he wasn't crippled. Vader got raped by Kenobi. He is so damn weak.

Darth Thor
Vader was arguably more powerful, given his extraordinary piloting skills. Soloing a Rebel fleet is Real Combat Power.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Never take an arrogant person's word on how powerful they are in SW, lol.

MythLord
And Vader killed the weak Anakin easily.

Vader is the MPV Sith condermed!

relentless1
Not when you include "Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

operative word here is WILL, implying at some point in the future

Azronger
Anakin isn't, but Knightfall Vader certainly is > RotS Sidious, though:

Palpatine elevated himself to the position of Emperor, and dispatched Vader as his ultimate enforcer. With his unparalleled Force abilities, Vader swept through the Jedi Temple.

-Databank (old): Darth Vader

Ursumeles
LOL ^
After that, Sidious was stated to be > all othet Sith Lords, which would include Vader.
Malgus and co. were also unparalleled.

Azronger
I mean, it's not exactly the only accolade proclaiming that.

Ursumeles
And it also gives many accolades which state, that Sidious as of RotS is the strongest Sith ever, which would include Vader.

Azronger
It's up to you which you believe, really.

Ursumeles
Feat wise, Sidious > Anakin, really.

McP
Funny, that feats matters when we're judging Anakin vs Palpatine, but doesn't matter when we're judging Vader's fights.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by McP
Funny, that feats matters when we're judging Anakin vs Palpatine, but doesn't matter when we're judging Vader's fights.
What?

SunRazer
He's referring to how Vader's combat showings don't justify where we normally rank him.

Ursumeles
Does he mean his low-end showings?

MythLord
Knightfall Anakin couldn't even kill Shaak Ti despite being immensely more powerful, lmao. He sure as hell isn't > RotS Sheev.

SunRazer
On reconsideration, it seems like Shaak simply fled before any real engagement.

Besides, you can escape from someone even if they're way more powerful. Without knowing context, we can't say anything in particular or use this as a low showing.

Although yeah, I don't rank him over Sidious.

McP
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Does he mean his low-end showings?
Yes

Besides, you can escape from someone even if they're way more powerful. Without knowing context, we can't say anything in particular or use this as a low showing.
+1

Hmm before TCW, I considered Knightfall!Anakin (unlike Mustafar!Anakin) as a guy who could kill Sidious. It was suggested in novel, that he had seen of what's Palpatine is capable of, and it didn't impress him. More then that, we had that DS ending of ROTS Ps2 game (which was somehow special for me, especially that had another scene that was cut off of the movie - it somehow made that game ... special?).
And there was Palpatine's statement, that Vader will become more powerful then either him, or Yoda (somwhow, I assumed short future in his statement).
But at this moment, there is TCW and that episodes with Yoda's visions. Anakin, who was possily at the level of knightfall!Anakin, as he stomped Dooku, was stomped by Sidious. That may impy, that Yoda/Sidious were out of Anakin's reach.
Really, hard to tell.

MythLord

Although yeah, I don't rank him over Sidious.

I mean, TFU seems to imply her stalling Vader enough for several padawans and Knights to escape, some of which saw Anakin corner Ti and believed her dead(as per TCSWE) so it's possible, and even likely, the engagement happened.

And if Knightfall Anakin is > Sheev, Shaak wouldn't even react to him, nevermind escape with her life.

Ursumeles
Lel. Vaders low end showings are in Canon, not in Legends, and nearly every Canon character has some.

quanchi112
Vader doesn't have any impressive live action film or animated showings. Hence the reason he is extremely overrated to the point of fanaticism.

Balta Skywalker
No.

Jmanghan
There's actually a feat in ROTS that put Obi-Wan on par with Anakin in the force.

Ursumeles
No.

GM Yoda
No.

darthbane77
Anakin was being arrogant, had he attempted to overthrow Sidious he would have been curbed.

GM Yoda
Originally posted by Jmanghan
There's actually a feat in ROTS that put Obi-Wan on par with Anakin in the force. Which feat?

Rebel95
He would have become more powerful than Palpatine shortly after Mustafar imo. He was growing in power quickly when he fell to the dark side

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP

Perhaps because Anakin/Vader are the same person. All his previous feats count, given Vader is an improved version of Anakin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Perhaps because Anakin/Vader are the same person. All his previous feats count, given Vader is an improved version of Anakin. He was crippled and his movement was greatly diminished so saying he's an improvement is living in your own world of make believe. Not a surprise when it pertains to you but please show some damn pride.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.