Completed Death Star II vs. Vitiate's Sith Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
The completed Death Star is being led by reborn Palpatine, Luke, Yoda, Vader, Thrawn, Ackbar, and Revan, all cooperating harmoniously.

Tondemonai
Dread Masters solo smile

Ursumeles
Sidious, Yoda and Luke choke them all over Holo, while the Deathstar kills them smile

The Merchant
The DS II is literally unassailable.

Azronger
Sidious' Force Storm solo.

S_W_LeGenD
Only the Death Star?

The Empire stomps

The Ellimist
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Only the Death Star?

The Empire stomps

How?

quanchi112
The Empire is laughably inept.

Nephthys
Vitiate Ziosts it.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate Ziosts it. confused

Zenwolf
Can you really use the DS 2? It was never completed. I mean I guess we could speculate and go from the 1st DS just on a larger scale, which means a large full scale assault won't work and any exploitable weakness isn't happening, because a completed DS 2 wouldn't have one. (The SE would need the plans to begin with anyway.)

So this would come down to the SE needing to use it's super weapons really.

Deronn_solo
Isn't the Death Star II over two times more powerful than the original?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Isn't the Death Star II over two times more powerful than the original?

Something to that effect, superior and all that, faster recharge time obviously.

Edit: Yeah it was superior by all accounts.

Zenwolf
In fact it's noted that the 2nd Death Star would be invincible and that the only way to destroy it, was to attack while it was being constructed.

Its super laser could also recharge in a matter of minutes, rather than hours like the 1st one.

The Ellimist
The second Death Star is 900 km in diameter, compared to the original's 160.

Zenwolf
Where you getting 900 from? The 2nd DS was 160 km in diameter compared to the 120 km the 1st one.

Also one thing Elli, is it just the Death Star itself? Or can the Death Star compliment also be used?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Where you getting 900 from? The 2nd DS was 160 km in diameter compared to the 120 km the 1st one.

Also one thing Elli, is it just the Death Star itself? Or can the Death Star compliment also be used?

There are contradicting sources on their sizes, but people have scaled the second to 800-900 km based on its presence next to Endor. I'm also pretty sure that the model makers stated they were working with that size range in mind.

Too lazy to come up with quotes right now.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
There are contradicting sources on their sizes, but people have scaled the second to 800-900 km based on its presence next to Endor. I'm also pretty sure that the model makers stated they were working with that size range in mind.

Too lazy to come up with quotes right now.

Eh well sources I have 160 km.

/Shrug

The Ellimist
The problem is that that would make Endor absurdly large or something.

Zenwolf
Seems about right.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9sMUQ5Z7--/bgjrk6owywlzimaleuwl.jpg

Endor is noted as being 148,000 km in diameter.

The Endor moon is 4,900 km in diameter.

ares834
The 900 km number is absurd. Thankfully 160 km seems to be the size they have settled on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The second Death Star is 900 km in diameter, compared to the original's 160. So a bigger target. Not very smart. And to those who think it was invincible that's ridiculous since we see it destroyed.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
So a bigger target. Not very smart. And to those who think it was invincible that's ridiculous since we see it destroyed.

Because it was under construction.

quanchi112
Because it was under construction. So what we see was destroyed. We never saw it completed and nothing is invincible. That's ridiculous. Even Mario with a star man could plummet to his pasta binging death.

Zenwolf
So what we see was destroyed. We never saw it completed and nothing is invincible. That's ridiculous. Even Mario with a star man could plummet to his pasta binging death.

Right. But we do have some info on what a completed DS 2 would be.

- Bigger, better shielded, faster superlaser recharge time and pinpoint accuracy.

- No weakness to exploit(they would need the plans for this anyway, which they don't have here.)

- We know that in ROTJ, ships couldn't pass through the shields of an uncompleted DS when it needed a planetary shield generator.

- 15,000 Turbolasers, 15,000 Heavy Turbolasers, 7,500 laser cannons, 5,000 Ion cannons, 768 tractor beams.

- Being designed around large scale assaults, if going from the 1st DS I don't see why it wouldn't be the same given it's the superior station. It also noted as once completed, to be invulnerable to snubfighter attacks as well.

So there's plenty of info of what a completed DS 2 would be.

quanchi112
Right. But we do have some info on what a completed DS 2 would be.

- Bigger, better shielded, faster superlaser recharge time and pinpoint accuracy.

- No weakness to exploit(they would need the plans for this anyway, which they don't have here.)

- We know that in ROTJ, ships couldn't pass through the shields of an uncompleted DS when it needed a planetary shield generator.

- 15,000 Turbolasers, 15,000 Heavy Turbolasers, 7,500 laser cannons, 5,000 Ion cannons, 768 tractor beams.

- Being designed around large scale assaults, if going from the 1st DS I don't see why it wouldn't be the same given it's the superior station. The specs are all fine and dandy but I do not debate based off improvements alone. I like to see these weapons in action. I agree it would be a major improvement on the first one but constructing something of this magnitude leaves it a huge target until it's finished.

Zenwolf, you seem very passionate about your Death Stars. Are you familiar with the Kelvin trilogy of Star Trek films ? smile

Zenwolf
The specs are all fine and dandy but I do not debate based off improvements alone. I like to see these weapons in action. I agree it would be a major improvement on the first one but constructing something of this magnitude leaves it a huge target until it's finished.

Zenwolf, you seem very passionate about your Death Stars. Are you familiar with the Kelvin trilogy of Star Trek films ? smile

Right but here, the OP stipulates that the DS 2 is finished.

Also nah, never got into Trek all that much. I remember watching some of the old movies, but that's about it.

quanchi112
Right but here, the OP stipulates that the DS 2 is finished.

Also nah, never got into Trek all that much. I remember watching some of the old movies, but that's about it. Zen, the old Trek films were terrible I agree 110 percent. The thing is a Star Wars fan directed the first two Kelvin Trek films which were exquisite. I highly recommend watching them and if you like complete the trilogy and then get back to me. We can compare Trek weapons of mass destruction to Wars Ot weapons of mass destruction aka your beloved Death Stars.

Zenwolf
Who says they were my beloved? Wha? I'm just saying the stats, cause I got the info. /Shrug

quanchi112
Who says they were my beloved? Wha? I'm just saying the stats, cause I got the info. /Shrug I thought I sensed loyalty and passion. So you're lukewarm about the Death Stars. Ok.

Zenwolf
I thought I sensed loyalty and passion. So you're lukewarm about the Death Stars. Ok.

Ehh...I like em well enough. But I'm not obsessed with them or anything.

If I have the info for things, I'll post what I got. Simple.

quanchi112
Ehh...I like em well enough. But I'm not obsessed with them or anything.

If I have the info for things, I'll post what I got. Simple. I need an obsessed fan. I can't seem to find any on here with regards to what I want to debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.