Jared Nomak vs. Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Nomak takes Diamondback's place in the fight in Harlem

Who wins?

juggerman
Interesting fight. Going with Nomak for now. His strength should be more than enough the hurt cage and he is much more agile and has a better healing factor

FrothByte
Going with Cage. Don't see how Nomak can actually put Cage down.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by juggerman
Interesting fight. Going with Nomak for now. His strength should be more than enough the hurt cage and he is much more agile and has a better healing factor

Not sure that was purely the result of strength, if you mean the final fight, where superstrength hits were affecting him a bit. Remember when Claire asked the doctor why those bullets pierced Cage when normal ones didn't, he said it's the material they are made of as much as anything else. And the suit, like the bullets, also appeared alien tech (regular bullets bounced off it without leaving any kind of mark, and the helmet took numerous shots without issue, when Luke has pulverised steel with individual hits before). So it'd be like Cap's vibranium shield or Asgardian metal, for example, having more of an effect than a steel equivalent would have, on top of the fact that the suit also amped his strength. If it was simply sufficient force, things like the SUV would have at least hurt him to some degree.

But anyway, as you did also mention, Nomak is way faster and more agile than Luke, so he'd have a massive issue tagging him properly. Luke would have to start thinking creatively to get his hands on Nomak long enough to be able to put him down.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Luke isn't completely unmovable by super-strength either if we count the Jessica fight: though by this point that might be a low-end feat for Luke.

I'd say Nomak wins due to his agility and regen coupled with his strength even if its not quite on Luke level.

FrothByte
Ok how exactly is Nomak taking out Luke Cage?

TheVaultDweller
At this point, I'd say the best bet for anyone who doesn't significantly outclass him in strength, or have some kind of exotic/hax ability/weapon, is trying to choke him out. Yes, he technically has not actually been choked out onscreen at this point, but they had to put a mask on his face when Claire and the doc put him in that acid tank, and seemed to be struggling a bit when DB had him by the throat. That seems to imply that he needs oxygen as much as a normal person does. Not saying Nomak is doing that here, but that would be the best way IMO.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Luke isn't completely unmovable by super-strength either if we count the Jessica fight: though by this point that might be a low-end feat for Luke.

Well, at this point it is a low-end compared to some things in his own show, IMO. But you also have to remember that Luke was actively fighting his own body at the time, trying to resist Kilgrave's control. And, unlike literally anyone else I can recall (with the exception of Jessica herself, obviously), he actually had a tiny degree of success, as seen when he pauses in his attack long enough to tell her to, "Do what you gotta do", when she had the shotgun.

Surtur
I was pretty impressed about how Nomak took down that thick steel door, so I should think Cage just won't be 100% unaffected by his hits.

We know even normal vamps in Blade are bullet timers, Frost bullet timed. So I guess it depends on if you want to grant Nomak that speed, because then Cage will never land a hit.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
I was pretty impressed about how Nomak took down that thick steel door, so I should think Cage just won't be 100% unaffected by his hits.

We know even normal vamps in Blade are bullet timers, Frost bullet timed. So I guess it depends on if you want to grant Nomak that speed, because then Cage will never land a hit.

Frost was nearly a demigod and he's definitely far above the normal vamps, above even hybrids like Nomak.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
Frost was nearly a demigod and he's definitely far above the normal vamps, above even hybrids like Nomak.

Frost was nearly a demi-god via the ritual at the end. He bullet times before that, like when he tosses the little asian girl into traffic after Blade shoots at him.

FrothByte
Frost was nearly a demi-god via the ritual at the end. He bullet times before that, like when he tosses the little asian girl into traffic after Blade shoots at him.

I'll have to rewatch the scene to be sure. Seemed to me that the vamps in general were definitely not bullet timers, considering that Blade was using guns to shoot them down.

Surtur
They have a whole Matrix-esque scene where Frost dodges the bullets.

Here:

kvcIZ-S4yPc

Surtur
So if you want to say that Nomak, at the very least, has stats comparable to an average vampire in that universe..then he should be able to avoid any punch Cage throws. Since this version of Cage can't do thunderclaps or anything..that leaves him with very little options.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
At this point, I'd say the best bet for anyone who doesn't significantly outclass him in strength, or have some kind of exotic/hax ability/weapon, is trying to choke him out. Yes, he technically has not actually been choked out onscreen at this point, but they had to put a mask on his face when Claire and the doc put him in that acid tank, and seemed to be struggling a bit when DB had him by the throat. That seems to imply that he needs oxygen as much as a normal person does. Not saying Nomak is doing that here, but that would be the best way IMO.

I would say in general his soft tissues are more vulnerable. Eye gouges blinding him and slaps to the ear rupturing his ear drums could disable him long enough to choke him out before his healing factor kicked in.

FrothByte
So if you want to say that Nomak, at the very least, has stats comparable to an average vampire in that universe..then he should be able to avoid any punch Cage throws. Since this version of Cage can't do thunderclaps or anything..that leaves him with very little options.

I wouldn't call Frost an average vampire.

Surtur
He didn't seem particularly above average either. At least when it came to ability.

FrothByte
He didn't seem particularly above average either. At least when it came to ability.

It doesn't make sense to say that the average vamp was a bullet timer considering all the vamps that were mowed down by guns.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
It doesn't make sense to say that the average vamp was a bullet timer considering all the vamps that were mowed down by guns.

Then I guess it depends on if you feel Frost was more powerful than Nomak prior to becoming the Blood God.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I would say in general his soft tissues are more vulnerable. Eye gouges blinding him and slaps to the ear rupturing his ear drums could disable him long enough to choke him out before his healing factor kicked in.

Well, IIRC, Claire mentioned that she stuck the needle behind his eyesocket. Plus, Nomak would actually need to know that Luke's eyes are a vulnerable spot compared to the rest of him. And we don't know how much force it would take to rupture his eardrums. If the explosions he's been through (like the RPG and Bar) haven't done it, it probably isn't very easy.

KingD19
Frost was basically Blade-lite. Clearly above the other vamps, but no match for Blade himself despite being the one who bit his mom and made him a half breed. He was faster, but that was really it before La Magra.

Nomak and Drake were both simply physically beyond Blade, La Magra was just fast and had insane regen.

juggerman
Nomak beats Cage in every category barring durability and possibly(likely) strength. Nomak is fast and agile enough to give Blade heaps of trouble. Here are the two fights with Blade. Keep in mind Blade has some extraordinary feats in his own right and would likely beat Cage as well
kuAjlLyq128
DttM77EP8tw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.