Thor (Jane Foster) vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Which of these super heroines comes out the victor? Standard weapons. Fight takes place in NYC.

riv6672
Thor, of course.

Scarlet315
I also think Thor wins this battle even though she hasn't had the hammer for long. Can't have WW taking on heroines of marvel sometimes 2 at a time and slaying. Thor's a decent challenge.

ShadowFyre
Could go either way. Jane has ranged attacks and energy attacks. I would give it to Diana in straight melee though.

carver9
This is a good fight tbh. Undecided.

Sin I AM
Im a little lost with Dianas history...so does her pre reboot feats count?

Cogito
50/50

Magnon
Wonder Woman.

celeyhyga17
Wondy slight edge. Don't feel comfortable giving Jane Thor a majority against someone who's so well established.

Zack M
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wondy slight edge. Don't feel comfortable giving Jane Thor a majority against someone who's so well established.

I would give WW a 5.5/10. Both characters have done some INCREDIBLE things, but Wonder Woman is the God of War, as well, and that gives her the sleight edge.

WW 6/10.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/WW_zpsbwes8pje.jpg

zopzop
WTF?

Whor was beating the everloving sh|t out of Odin for a while. Whor wins.

Zack M
Odin isn't what he used to be. He's a pushover nowadays.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
WTF?

And Vision koed her in two hits.

srug

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend

srug

yeah i think the whole odin thing is just one more case of a newcomer being given a grand entrance. she was clearly around annihilus level recently as well. equating her with odin is a complete fallacy, despite what was shown in their 'fight'.

celeyhyga17
WTF?

Lol. Then we saw a different fight altogether.

In any case, it's not uncommon for a herald to hit above their weight class..

Zack M

srug

AHahahah! Seriously? Post the scans.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
AHahahah! Seriously? Post the scans.

Vision was amped to unknown levels. Levels that gave him the abilities to stomp the combine might of the Avengers AND Ultimates. That is far and away from being a low showing. Titus stomped the JLA and almost killed Superman with a single hit. I don't think ABHI would have used that as a showing against Superman's performance, do you?

Zack M
Originally posted by carver9
Vision was amped to unknown levels. Levels that gave him the abilities to stomp the combine might of the Avengers AND Ultimates. That is far and away from being a low showing. Titus stomped the JLA and almost killed Superman with a single hit. I don't think ABHI would have used that as a showing against Superman's performance, do you?

Well, who do you think wins?

carver9
Well, who do you think wins?

I honestly don't know. Jane has been beastly but so have WW.

CosmicComet
She-thor is a sky father...er sky mother. Sky sister?

No, no im sorry. A Sky non-binary.

She clearly stomps.

zopzop
Lol. Then we saw a different fight altogether.

In any case, it's not uncommon for a herald to hit above their weight class..
A herald hitting about their weight class is doing well vs a Trans Tier. She was bloodying Marvel's elite skyfather. Big difference.

celeyhyga17
A herald hitting about their weight class is doing well vs a Trans Tier. She was bloodying Marvel's elite skyfather. Big difference.
Her predecessor did it countless times. He's no skyfather. What are u trying to say?

zopzop
Her predecessor did it countless times. He's no skyfather. What are u trying to say?
Compare Whor's fight with Odin to ANY of Classic Thor's fights vs Odin. Night and day.

celeyhyga17
Compare Whor's fight with Odin to ANY of Classic Thor's fights vs Odin. Night and day.
Hitting beyond his weight class. Not a specific Odin faceoff.

zopzop
Hitting beyond his weight class. Not a specific Odin faceoff.
Well Whor hasn't been around as long as Thor, so we have to compare their fights vs a common foe. She did INFINITY better than Thor ever did.

celeyhyga17
Well Whor hasn't been around as long as Thor, so we have to compare their fights vs a common foe. She did INFINITY better than Thor ever did.

Who made up that rule?

Going by your route, he absolutely buries her if we consider all the crazy things he's done. I just don't wanna hang my hat on one showing albeit impressive and conclude that this fight is a forgone conclusion.

And the Odinson and Odin dynamic is far different from Jane Odin. If we take things at full face value then yes, Jane has done much better than Thor vs his father. But there are underlying themes that we can't just over look. The most glaring one is how Mjolnir is treated currently. Odin who imparted a portion of his own power(Odinforce) that makes Mjolnir what it is has inexplicably lost all dominion over his own creation.

Sin I AM
Who made up that rule?

Going by your route, he absolutely buries her if we consider all the crazy things he's done. I just don't wanna hang my hat on one showing albeit impressive and conclude that this fight is a forgone conclusion.

And the Odinson and Odin dynamic is far different from Jane Odin. If we take things at full face value then yes, Jane has done much better than Thor vs his father. But there are underlying themes that we can't just over look. The most glaring one is how Mjolnir is treated currently. Odin who imparted a portion of his own power(Odinforce) that makes Mjolnir what it is has inexplicably lost all dominion over his own creation.

THIS...plus jane is still relatively new. shes still riding off that ''all new- all different" high. im waiting to read the the Untold Origin of Mjolnir story because there some splaining to do

Scarlet315
I have no idea why Jane was able to knock Odin around like that but aside from that I still think she'll own this fight

Zack M
If WW gets to do SS mode, she can likely take a high majority. She was owning gods in doing so.

"Id"
Edge to Wondy. But Jane is in her weight class.

bluewaterrider
Diana wins hand-to-hand.
With Mjolnir, however, Jane can send Wonder Woman anywhere she pleases.
Jane wins a majority due to her hammer's BFR ability.

h1a8
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Diana wins hand-to-hand.
With Mjolnir, however, Jane can send Wonder Woman anywhere she pleases.
Jane wins a majority due to her hammer's BFR ability.

The problem is she wouldn't try to Bfr WW more than 3 times out of 10.
She would want to fight WW.

sonicwires
Originally posted by Cogito
50/50

i think so too wonder women jobbs so much its amazing that the gods dont strip away her powers i can picture jane losing

this fight is like she -thing alicia vs she -hulk we all thought she -hulk would whup that ass but she-thing kicked she-hulks beautiful green lucious ass

Prof. T.C McAbe
A feminist told me, they both win and no man is allowed to make two woman fight for his entertainment.

Rage.Of.Olympus

srug

Vision didn't knock her or any of the heavy hitters out in that fight.

OR is knocking someone off screen(Especially in a huge team fight) is the equivalent of a knock out?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin isn't what he used to be. He's a pushover nowadays.

What are you basing Arron's Odin being a pushover on exactly?

Because the only defining moments we have for his power are: Old King Thor vs. Old Galactus (Mind you, the Odin Force was also weakened and it was still a fight from beings clearly cosmic in scale) and Odin beating and trapping the Mother Storm (Which is a sentient Galaxy sized tempest that away at everything in it's past including star systems).

And if you aren't including Aaron's Thor then you must be referring to Fraction or Gillen's Thor and I don't know how that's possible because the former established Odin as Mutli-Universal in scale at his best and losing to Galactus at his worst and the latter implied that TWOS are actually Beyonder's and had the combined grouping of Marvel's Hell Lords (Mephisto, Dormammu, Cytorrak, Chthon etc.) shit themselves at the prospect of facing the Serpent (And Mephisto with a fear crown forged from the Serpent's power would have taken the seat of the Devil and brought the Multiverse to destruction or whatever) and at his worst had one panel of Zeus/Odin clashing and the Universe shaking. The only other writer I can think off the top of my head writing Odin recently is Starlin and that was only for two panels, one of which put Odin in the same rank as Galactus/Celestials in terms of cosmic power scaling and the writer of Angela who had Odin banish an entire realm (I.e. Universe to a secret plane of existence).

So how exactly is Odin a push over? Unless I'm forgetting something.

And mind you, Odin has been appearing A LOT more in the last decade than he has in the past and that almost always means shitty showings so he's been doing relatively well I'd argue.

celeyhyga17
Based on hate...
shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
As for this fight, I think this is an awesome fight with Jane being noticeably more powerful/versatile overall but Wonder Woman being a lot more experienced but I don't know how much that counts when Jane can call on Mjolnir and have it blast Wonder Woman to pieces without having to do much.

So Jane Thor 5-8/10? Not much has changed in that regard tbh. Except Jane Thor has had a lot less appearances so her using the Mother Storm is far more likely than Thor using the God Blast or any of his other high end attacks against Diana to blast her away.

Jane's tendency to use Mjolnir as a flying bludgeon is also a brutal tactic when the thing can tear through planets and fly at speeds far faster than light. Jane and Diana could literally be trading punches and Mjolnir could bash Diana's head from the back. It's like fighting a herald with 3 arms, one of which is far more powerful than a herald and can fly.

carver9
I'm giving this to Wonder Woman.

celeyhyga17
Wondy in a gud fight

Her experience is key here.

dvampire
It's practically is impossible for Thor to catch ww. Even though Superman wasn't thinking clearly in his fight with ww, that fought for over just 1 minute at superspeed that lead from earth to the sun and back WITHOUT her hitting him physically straight because she was so aware of her disadvantage that got her koed. So she took advantage of hiding and decapitating him before lucking out. All at superspeed. Thor hasn't beaten that, and super was written horribly in that comic, he hears just fine even if you smash his ears while he used super hearing, but they let it be know just how quick he could end her life in Superman/batman absolute power. Which is them basically sending A message on how quickly he'll end her life. Long story short, she'll break Thor's neck at superspeed, either in the air or not. Thor moves too slow airborne.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's just not true. When airborne Thor has utilized speeds faster than Wonder Woman has ever demonstrated (Wonder Woman getting to the moon under her own power is not conclusive) and has constantly kept up with some of the fastest flyers in the Comic verse engaged in high speed cosmic level fights. Some argued that this was attributed to the hammer (I don't know how that works however, it'd be like manually piloting a ship in hyperspace) but this no longer stands as Aaron has not only shown that 1) When in flight, Thor actually controls and directs the hammer -> 2) which obviously requires ridiculous reflexes to match that speed and -> 3) confirmed this by having her literally perform intricate brain surgery on a dozen patients including the intitial incision into deep tissue in moments.

For the record: Jane Thor and Odin were trading shots covering distances far greater than the Earth to the Sun. Aside from the fact that this was Odin (Who an issue before fought, defeated and out of spite trapped the original cosmic storm so it wasn't like he was being low balled on the power scale TOO much even though the fight should've lasted for a panel) and is far more impressive than anything I can recall Wonder Woman ever doing on panel, the speed they were moving at was monumental. They were bouncing from planetary body to body in the space of panels like ping pong balls. If I remember correctly Odin went from
Earth space to Jupiter in one hit (I'm not sure someone double check that),That's like 3 times the distance from Earth to the Sun at the closest orbit and 4-5 times at the furthest.

celeyhyga17
Thor has kept up with Angela who has moved faster than thought. She was able to percieve her movement as they zip around virtually invisible all over nyc. Notice how Angela remarks at the fact that Jane can keep up with her.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YihGrCDIel4/VvNm2V8RmgI/AAAAAAABmls/Wsw848rWeb4oXfhqrm8ZDjmMIb-49qphA/s1600/67_11.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MrZcr3yJdMU/VvNm2yQYfFI/AAAAAAABmlw/3h1CmSar1MAW52-ahkQNKABCNeuUf7Rwg/s1600/67_12.jpg

For reference this is Angela parrying multiple attacks at speeds faster thought.
http://imgur.com/X4H0shW.jpg
http://imgur.com/TyLQan9.jpg
http://imgur.com/2CBRAuA.jpg

EcstaticGrace
I honestly don't think Diana is faster than Jane.

Pre52 her fastest caculatable speed feats are lightning speed. Not saying she's not faster than that but going off what's stated and not speculated their both lightning fast.

Jane though wielding Mljonir makes this a 2 on 1 fight, so I've heard.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Vision didn't knock her or any of the heavy hitters out in that fight.

OR is knocking someone off screen(Especially in a huge team fight) is the equivalent of a knock out?
Is that so?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8fGvsZo1x9E/V-KeUCmnGQI/AAAAAAADHtk/wDi99CU8shYl2BoSX-F1ULJ_YbiTLUFRgCLcB/s1600/38_09.jpgOriginally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you basing Arron's Odin being a pushover on exactly?

Because the only defining moments we have for his power are: Old King Thor vs. Old Galactus (Mind you, the Odin Force was also weakened and it was still a fight from beings clearly cosmic in scale) and Odin beating and trapping the Mother Storm (Which is a sentient Galaxy sized tempest that away at everything in it's past including star systems).

And if you aren't including Aaron's Thor then you must be referring to Fraction or Gillen's Thor and I don't know how that's possible because the former established Odin as Mutli-Universal in scale at his best and losing to Galactus at his worst and the latter implied that TWOS are actually Beyonder's and had the combined grouping of Marvel's Hell Lords (Mephisto, Dormammu, Cytorrak, Chthon etc.) shit themselves at the prospect of facing the Serpent (And Mephisto with a fear crown forged from the Serpent's power would have taken the seat of the Devil and brought the Multiverse to destruction or whatever) and at his worst had one panel of Zeus/Odin clashing and the Universe shaking. The only other writer I can think off the top of my head writing Odin recently is Starlin and that was only for two panels, one of which put Odin in the same rank as Galactus/Celestials in terms of cosmic power scaling and the writer of Angela who had Odin banish an entire realm (I.e. Universe to a secret plane of existence).

So how exactly is Odin a push over? Unless I'm forgetting something.

And mind you, Odin has been appearing A LOT more in the last decade than he has in the past and that almost always means shitty showings so he's been doing relatively well I'd argue. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
As for this fight, I think this is an awesome fight with Jane being noticeably more powerful/versatile overall but Wonder Woman being a lot more experienced but I don't know how much that counts when Jane can call on Mjolnir and have it blast Wonder Woman to pieces without having to do much.

So Jane Thor 5-8/10? Not much has changed in that regard tbh. Except Jane Thor has had a lot less appearances so her using the Mother Storm is far more likely than Thor using the God Blast or any of his other high end attacks against Diana to blast her away.

Jane's tendency to use Mjolnir as a flying bludgeon is also a brutal tactic when the thing can tear through planets and fly at speeds far faster than light. Jane and Diana could literally be trading punches and Mjolnir could bash Diana's head from the back. It's like fighting a herald with 3 arms, one of which is far more powerful than a herald and can fly.
laughing out loud

Never change rage.

abhilegend
That's just not true. When airborne Thor has utilized speeds faster than Wonder Woman has ever demonstrated (Wonder Woman getting to the moon under her own power is not conclusive) and has constantly kept up with some of the fastest flyers in the Comic verse engaged in high speed cosmic level fights. Some argued that this was attributed to the hammer (I don't know how that works however, it'd be like manually piloting a ship in hyperspace) but this no longer stands as Aaron has not only shown that 1) When in flight, Thor actually controls and directs the hammer -> 2) which obviously requires ridiculous reflexes to match that speed and -> 3) confirmed this by having her literally perform intricate brain surgery on a dozen patients including the intitial incision into deep tissue in moments.

For the record: Jane Thor and Odin were trading shots covering distances far greater than the Earth to the Sun. Aside from the fact that this was Odin (Who an issue before fought, defeated and out of spite trapped the original cosmic storm so it wasn't like he was being low balled on the power scale TOO much even though the fight should've lasted for a panel) and is far more impressive than anything I can recall Wonder Woman ever doing on panel, the speed they were moving at was monumental. They were bouncing from planetary body to body in the space of panels like ping pong balls. If I remember correctly Odin went from
Earth space to Jupiter in one hit (I'm not sure someone double check that),That's like 3 times the distance from Earth to the Sun at the closest orbit and 4-5 times at the furthest.
So have green Lanterns. Nobody thinks they are faster than Wonder Woman though, do they?

One feat of Superspeed doesn't makes you a speedster rage. Thought you'd know that by now.

dvampire
Thor has kept up with Angela who has moved faster than thought. She was able to percieve her movement as they zip around virtually invisible all over nyc. Notice how Angela remarks at the fact that Jane can keep up with her.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YihGrCDIel4/VvNm2V8RmgI/AAAAAAABmls/Wsw848rWeb4oXfhqrm8ZDjmMIb-49qphA/s1600/67_11.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MrZcr3yJdMU/VvNm2yQYfFI/AAAAAAABmlw/3h1CmSar1MAW52-ahkQNKABCNeuUf7Rwg/s1600/67_12.jpg

For reference this is Angela parrying multiple attacks at speeds faster thought.
http://imgur.com/X4H0shW.jpg
http://imgur.com/TyLQan9.jpg
http://imgur.com/2CBRAuA.jpg

It's the writer description that they are moving fast, but should not be taken literally for the min reason that Thor is constantly describe as being slower than a street leveler. As for flight speed and being able to cut corners faster than ww, he can't and is easily seen above on how they want you to view them in flight mode. Have the ever stop to multi_task at the same time using superpeed like we? Not even close because the hammer have to stay in front of them to fly or turn. And Thor no matter how good he is, never put this claimed superspeed to use when fighting the hulk. One time you'll it's just bad writing in Thor doesn't use it against hulk, but several? We have to accept that he's slower than you think.

dvampire
The outlook of Thor vs hulk reflects our expectations of weaker foes, because Thor constantly states hulk is his greatest opponent that make you believe that Hercules doesn't even come close. Above an average human being, when aligned with quicksilver, Thor easily is shown to be just an average streetleveler. If the team was in trouble and they had both Thor and quicksilver on the team and they need someone with speed to save multiple inside a burning building who do you think they'll choose? It's going to be quicksilver.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So have green Lanterns. Nobody thinks they are faster than Wonder Woman though, do they?

One feat of Superspeed doesn't makes you a speedster rage. Thought you'd know that by now.

He mentioned active combat while in flight and not a foot race and then described a scene that Jane far surpassed and Thor actually has many speed feats under Aaron.

And I don't know why you brought up a Green Lantern which can literally be put on autopilot and has many compensations in place to counter host frailties. If a Green Lantern ring worked the same way as Mjolnir, than yes, Hal Jordan would be a hell of a lot faster than Wonder Woman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dvampire
The outlook of Thor vs hulk reflects our expectations of weaker foes, because Thor constantly states hulk is his greatest opponent that make you believe that Hercules doesn't even come close. Above an average human being, when aligned with quicksilver, Thor easily is shown to be just an average streetleveler. If the team was in trouble and they had both Thor and quicksilver on the team and they need someone with speed to save multiple inside a burning building who do you think they'll choose? It's going to be quicksilver.

By that logic, Wonder Woman isn't because Flash (Followed by Superman and Green Lantern) would be the ones saving multiple people inside a burning building.

Fyi, when Quicksilver and Thor last met this happened:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120267/3161878-1854110718-37297.jpg

And that was post-modern day upgrade where he was trying his hardest to be a Flash.

dvampire
Hal and Thor are both faster than ww in flight speed, but when it comes to movement speed, ww would always have total control. Even in air travel, ww's manuverabilty is singular if fighting Thor, he won't be able to keep up unless she stays in a straight line of flight.

abhilegend
He mentioned active combat while in flight and not a foot race and then described a scene that Jane far surpassed and Thor actually has many speed feats under Aaron.

ermm

What are you talking about?

GL rings are rarely at autopilot. But since you think Jane can compare with Diana on a single speed feat, here is Diana outpacing Supergirl.

http://www.comicbookbrain.com/_imagery/2013-03-21/supergirl-wonder-woman-mahmud-asrar-620.jpg

And Kara shits on any speed feat Thor or Jane have ever done.

https://i.imgur.com/cIr3ug5.jpg

Diana is a speedster, Thor isn't.

abhilegend
By that logic, Wonder Woman isn't because Flash (Followed by Superman and Green Lantern) would be the ones saving multiple people inside a burning building.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120267/3161878-1854110718-37297.jpg

And that was post-modern day upgrade where he was trying his hardest to be a Flash.
Thor got embarrassed in speed and had to use AOE attacks?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hal and Thor are both faster than ww in flight speed, but when it comes to movement speed, ww would always have total control. Even in air travel, ww's manuverabilty is singular if fighting Thor, he won't be able to keep up unless she stays in a straight line of flight.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11119/111197929/4864562-with+mjiolnir+she+blitz+some+giants.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11119/111197929/4864563-with+mjiolnir+she+blitz+some+giants2.jpg

Ya, super straight line.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor got embarrassed in speed and had to use AOE attacks? Originally posted by abhilegend
ermm

What are you talking about?

GL rings are rarely at autopilot. But since you think Jane can compare with Diana on a single speed feat, here is Diana outpacing Supergirl.

http://www.comicbookbrain.com/_imagery/2013-03-21/supergirl-wonder-woman-mahmud-asrar-620.jpg

And Kara shits on any speed feat Thor or Jane have ever done.

https://i.imgur.com/cIr3ug5.jpg

Diana is a speedster, Thor isn't.

You're replying to a post that was addressing Wonder Woman being faster because of flight speed and referenced Superman vs. Wonder Woman.

But they can be which muddies the waters enough to make it an irrelevant and false analogy. Mjolnir requires direct control and steering and this clearly takes vast super human reflexes. This was always clear to most but Aaron has cemented this as fact.

What does that have to do with anything? And the scan you said literally attributed Diana's upper hand to experience and implies inferiority in speed and strength....

And is that last scan that speed feat that does the shitting?

dvampire

In you scans, try as he may, Thor's mastery of devastating the ground against quicksilver will be a viable option, because he is KNOWN to be the best speedster in marvel, even though Thor won't acknowledge any mutant being above him in anything. So my disposition is that ww is constantly matched up against speedsters, and she always leave with impressiveness, even if she's slower than these speedsters, she actually does show superseded of her own! I don't think Thor is a bigger threat then cheetah, a character that is very quick and stealthy that she can't be detected by even an average Amazon, not even supergirl (ww #222) could notice her, it took we to be prepared for cheetah's arrival beforehand just to take her out. Ww have a streak of doing good against speedsters, Thor doesn't, and his greatest impact is him being capable of deflecting handgun fire with the spinning of his hammer, but always is put in trouble whenever a character like Spiderman or quicksilver blitz him. There's no potential for speed if he lacks it.

celeyhyga17
It's the writer description that they are moving fast, but should not be taken literally for the min reason that Thor is constantly describe as being slower than a street leveler. As for flight speed and being able to cut corners faster than ww, he can't and is easily seen above on how they want you to view them in flight mode. Have the ever stop to multi_task at the same time using superpeed like we? Not even close because the hammer have to stay in front of them to fly or turn. And Thor no matter how good he is, never put this claimed superspeed to use when fighting the hulk. One time you'll it's just bad writing in Thor doesn't use it against hulk, but several? We have to accept that he's slower than you think.
K so I'm not sure why ure bringing up Odinson considering this is a Jan vs Wondy thread and I specifically posted Jane Thor scans to stay on point.

In any case, I could probably show more proof of Thor's speed described in a positive light than your claim of constant descriptions of being slower than street leveler.

You'd be surprised at how many speedster level characters that fight Hulk are not portrayed with super speed. This statement is not exclusive to Thor.

dvampire
It's exclusive if Thor is constantly shown being slower than streetleveler's, which is bad for Jane because most would agree that she can't beat Thor. And a streetleveler will be no threat to we.

The science behind ww is that she does lack physical attributes on supergirls or supes level (she can't do it to super&#128522wink, but she's a character that can grow like a human being or a dbz character if she trains. Dc mentioned this, they had to because supes and her have a rivalry, but one character grows in power without any kind of training. Both in quantity and quality, ww is always told by dc to the reader that she trains, and they clearly show the results in her fights by putting her against dc's best! She still lacks speed and strength compared to supes when she does have to engage him, bringing her magical sword and shield with her to fight him. She becomes completely devoid of all consequences if she holds back against supes. So training is a considerable part of do keeping ww close to the kryptonian's that gains their evolution from the sun.

krisblaze
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11119/111197929/4864562-with+mjiolnir+she+blitz+some+giants.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11119/111197929/4864563-with+mjiolnir+she+blitz+some+giants2.jpg

Ya, super straight line.

savage

abhilegend
You're replying to a post that was addressing Wonder Woman being faster because of flight speed and referenced Superman vs. Wonder Woman.

But they can be which muddies the waters enough to make it an irrelevant and false analogy. Mjolnir requires direct control and steering and this clearly takes vast super human reflexes. This was always clear to most but Aaron has cemented this as fact.

Except mjolnir does not requires direct muscle control as it has a psionic link with Jane.

Where is it shown that it needs direct control?

Diana flat out says they are too close in speed but her experience gives her the edge.

Let me guess, Thor can type quintillions of lines in the time it took a human to blink, eh?

dvampire
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/wonderwoman/images/c/c9/I-Ching_training_Wonder_Woman.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120421104639

In the mist of combat, we will always make Thor return to harrowing combat. Nearly invisible, Thor is given a handicap in most situations with speedsters. Being squad-centric, cap's focusing on battles individually against team members, makes Thor always resort to explosive earth-shattering actions. Towards a somber subject with speed, the super soldier makes Thor's combat with him grim with no capture.

abhilegend

Ya, super straight line.
erm

Seriously? She is being dragged around by a magic hammer.

krisblaze
Do you know what steering entails?

Damborgson
To be able to travel at such a speed and steer, would imply she has the reaction time to keep up with the speed of the hammer.

Unless she's just screaming her head off the whole time blind and disoriented while Mjolnir pulls her?

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

Seriously? She is being dragged around by a magic hammer.

laughing out loud Yes. Seriously serious with an extra dash of serious.

"Mjolnir....this time....let me steer."

Abhiligend reads this (And I'm assuming he knows what steer means) and thinks:
"Seriously? She is being dragged around by a magic hammer."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Except mjolnir does not requires direct muscle control as it has a psionic link with Jane.

Where is it shown that it needs direct control?

See above. Mjolnir does not have an autopilot feature or a built in supercomputer. to compensate for slower reflexes in high speed combat.

laughing out loud Oh I don't know, maybe 50 years of comics starting from the silver age showing Thor spinning and pointing his hammer in the direction he needs to fly.

Diana flat out says they are too close in speed but her experience gives her the edge.

Let me guess, Thor can type quintillions of lines in the time it took a human to blink, eh?

You posted that scan in support of Diana's speed by her getting the upper hand over Supergirl. In that very scan, she literally says that she got the upper hand due to her experience (or Kara's inexperience in combat) so it's irrelevant as experience has bridged gaps between humans and demi-gods in comics.

No, but she did perform brain surgery on all of Doctor Strange's former patients (I remember counting like a dozen in one panel but there were more in the background), including the initial incision through the scalp/bone/tissue/brain and into nerve clusters to manually remove a magical malignant tumor (That fights back).

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
To be able to travel at such a speed and steer, would imply she has the reaction time to keep up with the speed of the hammer.

Unless she's just screaming her head off the whole time blind and disoriented while Mjolnir pulls her?
That would be like saying Dawn here has FTL reflexes just because she is steering Surfer's board.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-opj2dhzXHb4/WOPRgoc1flI/AAAAAAACzmQ/C59Jhjofz80SpFIlfyZS8tEN7syg1elwgCLcB/s1600/192_02.jpg

Comics don't work that way.

abhilegend
laughing out loud Yes. Seriously serious with an extra dash of serious.

"Mjolnir....this time....let me steer."

Abhiligend reads this (And I'm assuming he knows what steer means) and thinks:
"Seriously? She is being dragged around by a magic hammer."
Do you know what psionic means?

psionic /sʌɪˈɒnɪk/
adjective
relating to or denoting the practical use of psychic powers or paranormal phenomena.

Where is it shown that she has to physically steer the hammer?

abhilegend
See above. Mjolnir does not have an autopilot feature or a built in supercomputer. to compensate for slower reflexes in high speed combat.

GL rings don't compensate for slower reflexes. And unlike mjolnir it doesn't works on psionic links with users too.

And getting dragged around by the hammer too stated by Thor himself.

It's hilarious how often that comes up.

She also said that they are too close in speed.

If she can get upper hand on Supergirl in speed due to her experience, there is nothing stopping her doing the same thing to Jane who is nowhere near that speed.

Big deal. Supergirl typed quintillions of lines of code in the time it took Cat Grant to blink. That's a feat even Wally West would be proud to have.

She can also fight Flash at Superspeed. That's beyond any Thor's capability.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=supergirl16-2wakps.jpg

Damborgson
That would be like saying Dawn here has FTL reflexes just because she is steering Surfer's board.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-opj2dhzXHb4/WOPRgoc1flI/AAAAAAACzmQ/C59Jhjofz80SpFIlfyZS8tEN7syg1elwgCLcB/s1600/192_02.jpg

Comics don't work that way.

Except it's an actual super human behind the hammer, not whatever nonsense was going on there. Apples and Oranges.

In this case, the point is valid.

abhilegend
Except it's an actual super human behind the hammer, not whatever nonsense was going on there. Apples and Oranges.

Except it works the same way Surfer's board does.

Both have psionic connections with the users and don't need physical steering. It's not a car.

erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you know what psionic means?

psionic /sʌɪˈɒnɪk/
adjective
relating to or denoting the practical use of psychic powers or paranormal phenomena.

Where is it shown that she has to physically steer the hammer?
GL rings don't compensate for slower reflexes. And unlike mjolnir it doesn't works on psionic links with users too.

And getting dragged around by the hammer too stated by Thor himself.

It's hilarious how often that comes up.

She also said that they are too close in speed.

If she can get upper hand on Supergirl in speed due to her experience, there is nothing stopping her doing the same thing to Jane who is nowhere near that speed.

Big deal. Supergirl typed quintillions of lines of code in the time it took Cat Grant to blink. That's a feat even Wally West would be proud to have.

She can also fight Flash at Superspeed. That's beyond any Thor's capability.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=supergirl16-2wakps.jpg

I don't understand the point of these two posts, do you have an actual concise argument?

If she does control the hammer psychically why does it matter as long as in practice she has super human reflexes and is able to manually steer the hammer and in practice operate as a superhuman flying brick that can fight at FTL speeds? Not that this argument has merit. How do these "psychic powers" of Thor's impact her, blocking, aiming, punching, hitting while flying with Mjolnir?

Also, Thor has always thrown the hammer and gotten dragged classically for flight but he has always been the one to steer Mjolnir. There was never even any sentience until recently so I don't see your point.

Rage.Of.Olympus

It literally says that Surfer is flying with Dawn steering....and the last time Dawn was in charge they crashed into a planet.

Not that it MATTERS. The Power Cosmic is completely different from Mjolnir. It's designed to navigate the depths of space, imbuing the user with cosmic senses to navigate said space including geometrical positioning and so on.

Green Lanterns and Power Cosmic wielders are completely different from Thor and is irrelevant. Han Solo puts his ship into hyperspace to cross the galaxy but he doesn't matter here either as he has a navigation system that routes paths around and through systems.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Anyways, this thread has gotten sidetracked with the usual nonsense that certain posters bring.

This is a good fight I guess but I think Jane is superior in power and is even more pronounced in speed than the Odinson to counter whatever advantage Diana has in that regard. That leaves her with experience, superior skill and more thirst for blood.

Competitive fight but the Mother Storm makes this an unfair fight when called.

Damborgson
Except it works the same way Surfer's board does.

Both have psionic connections with the users and don't need physical steering. It's not a car.

erm

Mjolnir works the same way the power cosmic does? Again, apples and oranges.

One ridiculous showing from some other character doesn't somehow transfer to Jane anyway. As similar as Jane and Surfer and Mjolnir and the power cosmic seem to be in your eyes for whatever reason.

Not to mention Dawn was clearly being protected by Surfer given that she was...you know, in space.

Im glad you learned the word psionic recently though, given how much you've been using it.

abhilegend
I don't understand the point of these two posts, do you have an actual concise argument?

Do you?

What the **** is this gibberish? Her steering mjolnir psychically has shit with physical reflexes.

Where has she done any of these? All I see is her getting dragged behind mjolnir.

Mjolnir has always had a psychic link with Thor. He doesn't manually steers it. It's not a car.

Don't be absurd.

abhilegend
It literally says that Surfer is flying with Dawn steering....and the last time Dawn was in charge they crashed into a planet.

Just like Jane is steering Mjolnir. Or Hal is steering his ring.

Are you saying Dawn had power cosmic there to steer Surfer's board?

This is ****ing hilarious in everything.

"Mjolnir is not like anything else in comics. It's all Thor with the FTL reflexes and shit".

Thorbags never change.

abhilegend
Mjolnir works the same way the power cosmic does? Again, apples and oranges.

One ridiculous showing from some other character doesn't somehow transfer to Jane anyway. As similar as Jane and Surfer and Mjolnir and the power cosmic seem to be in your eyes for whatever reason.

Not to mention Dawn was clearly being protected by Surfer given that she was...you know, in space.

Im glad you learned the word psionic recently though, given how much you've been using it.
laughing out loud

More mental gymnastics to prove how steering Surfer's sentient board is totally not the same as steering sentient mjolnir.

We get it guys, Thor is the fastest there is because nobody else in comics flies with aid of a weapon or board or anything. Thor is totally unique in that regard.

vansonbee
I'm assuming sword + shield are now standard gear for Wonder Woman? Leaning towards WW in winning H2H combat, but Jane Foster wins overall barely 6/10. She got the hammer!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you?

What the **** is this gibberish? Her steering mjolnir psychically has shit with physical reflexes.

Where has she done any of these? All I see is her getting dragged behind mjolnir.

Mjolnir has always had a psychic link with Thor. He doesn't manually steers it. It's not a car.

Don't be absurd.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/rYmtH.jpg

"...guided with the strength of my own right arm."

smile

Thor manually steers Mjolnir. Until Aaron, Mjolnir was obviously intelligent for a hammer and could do all kinds of shit but it's primary function in self propulsion was returning to Thor's hand because of the enchantment. Other than that, Thor spun the hammer, hung on and pointed in the direction he wanted to go through magic.

If she psychically is steering the hammer and in control how is able to control such intricate flight patterns without sufficient reflexes to compensate?

Again:

What is your point or argument here? Are you just trying to argue because you have an uncomfortable compulsion or? I'll battle zone you on the topic. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just like Jane is steering Mjolnir. Or Hal is steering his ring.

Are you saying Dawn had power cosmic there to steer Surfer's board?

This is ****ing hilarious in everything.

"Mjolnir is not like anything else in comics. It's all Thor with the FTL reflexes and shit".

Thorbags never change.

Except Jane is the one in control of flight, direction, propulsion and speed in her case...

Ummm Dawn was linked to the board and was protected from the vacuum of space, outside dangers and could even control it to an extent so I don't see your point here.

The rest is typical nonsense.

abhilegend

smile

Yes, Thor hurls mjolnir with his right arm. Mjolnir has been shown to have a mind of its own and can steer on its own.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Dv0fD.jpg

Not to mention Jane actually asks how to steer when first flying and mjolnir automatically steers.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/R92Cw.jpg
https://i.stack.imgur.com/4Homy.jpg
https://i.stack.imgur.com/AL4yv.jpg

This is just false on so many accounts.

Are you saying Thor steers mjolnir with his muscles when we see him not even moving in such instances?

You're pooping here too for all it does to you.

Same way everyone without super reflexes does. Writers don't take it into account.
First you post the physical maneuvering of mjolnir.

abhilegend
Except Jane is the one in control of flight, direction, propulsion and speed in her case...

Ummm Dawn was linked to the board and was protected from the vacuum of space, outside dangers and could even control it to an extent so I don't see your point here.

It's just ironic. Jane is linked to the mjolnir the same way Dawn was linked to the board.

Is it simple enough for you now?

laughing out loud

It's been years since Thorbags have tried to portray as some kind of speedster. Try some more decades and someone may agree with it.

leonidas

You're pooping here too for all it does to you.

i lol'd

dvampire
Originally posted by krisblaze
Do you know what steering entails?

To guide the object that you hold, and vice versa. Not fitting when up against ww, you perception decrease.

carver9
Lol...thor has shown super speed. This is non debatable.

panthergod
Dianam wins. More power stronger more skill more speed.

celeyhyga17
Odinson has always steered Mjolnir.

Changes direction at the speed of thought.
http://imgur.com/r81uDXE.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
i lol'd
ha-som

celeyhyga17
It's exclusive if Thor is constantly shown being slower than streetleveler's, which is bad for Jane because most would agree that she can't beat Thor. And a streetleveler will be no threat to we.

Show me this "constantly". I hope it's not your usual little guy tagging Thor because little guy constantly tags Wondys and Supes all the time. I'm talkin about little guy "constantly" is described to have superiority in speed.

dvampire
Odinson has always steered Mjolnir.

Changes direction at the speed of thought.
http://imgur.com/r81uDXE.jpg

Thor is the problem. What happens if he gets caught in the middle of the hammer obeying a command? He'll have to start over. At that moment, ww is shifting gears for her next attack. So Thor's perception will be a problem a speed battle.

dvampire
Show me this "constantly". I hope it's not your usual little guy tagging Thor because little guy constantly tags Wondys and Supes all the time. I'm talkin about little guy "constantly" is described to have superiority in speed.

Batman would literally get offed by supes. Don't need to show them fighting streetlevelers because it's non-existant. There's plenty fights of Thor having problems with characters like cap.

celeyhyga17
Thor is the problem. What happens if he gets caught in the middle of the hammer obeying a command? He'll have to start over. At that moment, ww is shifting gears for her next attack. So Thor's perception will be a problem a speed battle.
Do u know how fast his perception is?
How fast is his perception here where he proclaims that he will spin Mjolnir at exactly twice the speed of light?
http://imgur.com/eC9hCQF.jpg
Then lo and behold, he did just that as explained through narration.
http://imgur.com/lekesaS.jpg
Do u think a street leveler would even come close to knowing what twice the speed of light is just by spinning an object...? Or even come close to knowing or guessing such a speed?
Batman would literally get offed by supes. Don't need to show them fighting streetlevelers because it's non-existant. There's plenty fights of Thor having problems with characters like cap.
U sure it's non-existent?

eaebiakuya
We have a plenty of feats of Thor reacting during a FTL fly. Like when he grab Red Hulk from a Black Hole, or seeing a faster than light ship. He dont fly bling.

The Hammer can navigate alone, yes. But they have feats of reflex/perception during thouse flights.

Is just impossible to do what Jane and Odin did in that fight without a high level of speed and perception.

dvampire
I'm sure. But ignore the spelling, Im not perfect, but ww will feel that way towards Thor!😎

dvampire
It's difficult to fight while having the hammer guide him, ww will make him misstep and then it's lights out. He's thinking of fighting back but ww is now out of the way so now back to the hammer leading the way. His perception is messed up or messed with, because ww will take advantage of it.

dvampire
Ww's specialized skill of using her hearing in combat will most likely be used in a fight with Thor if he provoke her to use it. So if the fight gets difficult, her ancient upbringing in the ways of a martial artist, makes her take advantage of her every gift. This will happen especially after working with supes everyday and witnessing him fight. In training, the Amazon's always locate prey by using their senses, and even though they're not supes, they do specialize in having high frequency sound battles. This separates an Amazon in dc from an asgardian in marvel, because Thor doesn't have superhearing. Lack of specialized hearing will seal the deal for ww wining in a fight because it raise her perception and reveals that under extreme circumstances, she'll measure air currents like she did against zoom and counter or predict Thor's actions. As for his magical lighting, ww will fossilize it with her bracelets. She's. That fast, which have been shown several times in the past by deflecting heat vision. If she does get hit, ww can take it, she does well against magical attacks and the experience of scalding heat from the sun and omac's laser beams from the past, means a new source of energy attack hitting her can be shrugged off as long as it's not in succession.

Damborgson
laughing out loud

More mental gymnastics to prove how steering Surfer's sentient board is totally not the same as steering sentient mjolnir.

We get it guys, Thor is the fastest there is because nobody else in comics flies with aid of a weapon or board or anything. Thor is totally unique in that regard.

It's just logic Abhi lol. No need for gymnastics.

Nobody said that, or at least I didn't.

Damborgson

smile

Thor manually steers Mjolnir. Until Aaron, Mjolnir was obviously intelligent for a hammer and could do all kinds of shit but it's primary function in self propulsion was returning to Thor's hand because of the enchantment. Other than that, Thor spun the hammer, hung on and pointed in the direction he wanted to go through magic.

If she psychically is steering the hammer and in control how is able to control such intricate flight patterns without sufficient reflexes to compensate?

Again:

What is your point or argument here? Are you just trying to argue because you have an uncomfortable compulsion or? I'll battle zone you on the topic. smile

Damnit, I was about to post that scan, but couldn't find it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
We have a plenty of feats of Thor reacting during a FTL fly. Like when he grab Red Hulk from a Black Hole, or seeing a faster than light ship. He dont fly bling.

The Hammer can navigate alone, yes. But they have feats of reflex/perception during thouse flights.

Is just impossible to do what Jane and Odin did in that fight without a high level of speed and perception.
Thor does not has FTL reflexes any more than Dawn here does.

Hell, she was able to see when Surfer was flying at his top speed. FTL humans like FTL Thor don't exist.

abhilegend
It's just logic Abhi lol. No need for gymnastics.

Nobody said that, or at least I didn't.
No, that's applying RL logic to comics which never works.

Do you think Thor has FTL reflexes?

Damborgson
Thor does not has FTL reflexes any more than Dawn here does.

https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2016/09/55d74d6be8dec.jpg

Seems like a simple overall explanation to me.

Damborgson

You can't just turn off logic because a comic doesn't make sense for battle board purposes. For Thor to not be a blinded mess hurtling through hyperspace, he has to have some degree of awareness of where he's going. Wouldn't you agree?

At the very least enough to not fly into planets when he's traveling at lightspeed.

abhilegend
https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2016/09/55d74d6be8dec.jpg

Seems like a simple overall explanation to me.
Surfer possesses power cosmic. Dawn doesn't.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AA9V16CIKnQ/Vaa6rcfk1OI/AAAAAAANSt8/WTRmyXxhU2k/s1600/p_13_09.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sKUf368m2J4/Vaa6xLrtAjI/AAAAAAANSuM/2R7Ztj2sWVs/s1600/p_13_10.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KpXuIN2uD4Q/Vaa6v3qxoDI/AAAAAAANSuE/eNwnaA0exB0/s1600/p_13_11.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jQNybE0jE9A/Vaa6yjkXbII/AAAAAAANSuU/Npkhf6g_xSM/s1600/p_13_12.jpg

By your logic, she should be FTL as well.

abhilegend
You can't just turn off logic because a comic doesn't make sense for battle board purposes. For Thor to not be a blinded mess hurtling through hyperspace, he has to have some degree of awareness of where he's going. Wouldn't you agree?

At the very least enough to not fly into planets when he's traveling at lightspeed.
Awareness, yes. Reflexes to match the flight speed? No.

It should be. That's not how the comics operate though.

carver9

When I said this, people went berserk. KMC.

DarkSaint85
Well, when you say idiotic things, nobody is surprised,so there's that.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, when you say idiotic things, nobody is surprised,so there's that. thumb up laughing

StiltmanFTW

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AA9V16CIKnQ/Vaa6rcfk1OI/AAAAAAANSt8/WTRmyXxhU2k/s1600/p_13_09.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sKUf368m2J4/Vaa6xLrtAjI/AAAAAAANSuM/2R7Ztj2sWVs/s1600/p_13_10.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KpXuIN2uD4Q/Vaa6v3qxoDI/AAAAAAANSuE/eNwnaA0exB0/s1600/p_13_11.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jQNybE0jE9A/Vaa6yjkXbII/AAAAAAANSuU/Npkhf6g_xSM/s1600/p_13_12.jpg

Thank you for posting the only scan ever of Surfer crying laughing

celeyhyga17
Ww's specialized skill of using her hearing in combat will most likely be used in a fight with Thor if he provoke her to use it. So if the fight gets difficult, her ancient upbringing in the ways of a martial artist, makes her take advantage of her every gift. This will happen especially after working with supes everyday and witnessing him fight. In training, the Amazon's always locate prey by using their senses, and even though they're not supes, they do specialize in having high frequency sound battles. This separates an Amazon in dc from an asgardian in marvel, because Thor doesn't have superhearing. Lack of specialized hearing will seal the deal for ww wining in a fight because it raise her perception and reveals that under extreme circumstances, she'll measure air currents like she did against zoom and counter or predict Thor's actions. As for his magical lighting, ww will fossilize it with her bracelets. She's. That fast, which have been shown several times in the past by deflecting heat vision. If she does get hit, ww can take it, she does well against magical attacks and the experience of scalding heat from the sun and omac's laser beams from the past, means a new source of energy attack hitting her can be shrugged off as long as it's not in succession.
sdurug

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thank you for posting the only scan ever of Surfer crying laughing

He was having flashbacks.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/NoPorFavor.png

dvampire
sdurug

Superhearing aids in the depth of recruiting memorization of an attack. The sound is so loud, that just the slight movement of Thor will help ww prevent an attack from Jane or Thor. So it's like to average people fighting, the quicker striker could hit the slower striker much easier, but what would happen if the quicker striker yelled before every attack? The slower striker senses (hearing) will then make them more alert, reinforcing his or her ability to respond to danger much quicker! So Thor and Jane are very strong, an attack from him will guarantee a sound so large, that ww will definitely notice and take advantage of the situation by using her superhearing. Unlike Superman, we doesn't play around and will boost her hearing to provide security and protect her from variables, which is Thor probably having the strength or speed advantage.

Mindship
Whenever I see that pic of Dawn with chipmunk cheeks, I think, um ... power cosmic.

emu
Originally posted by Delta1938
He was having flashbacks.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/NoPorFavor.png Surfer's photoshopped in the most homoerotic scan in existence lol.

Truest on panel depiction of Superman I've ever seen.

Delta1938
Originally posted by emu
Surfer's photoshopped in the most homoerotic scan in existence lol.

Truest on panel depiction of Superman I've ever seen.

I've read the comic the original scene is from. What people say of it to troll Superman fans with would make for a less stupid story.

Damborgson

Oh I know the point you're trying to make, but it doesn't matter. She's clearly wrapped in power cosmic , that she isn't used to hurtling through space on a surfboard isn't indicative of her not being protected and brought up to speed by it.

As for the other post about the FTL reflexes, meh good enough.

carver9
She's obviously protected by the PC...if not, she would die due to no oxygen in space, let alone the temperature.

Damborgson
Well? How about now?

https://i.imgur.com/VJeGMTS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4wZJHWK.jpg

Stoic
Diana is usually the go to champ of the women's division, but I believe that Jane can beat her.

h1a8
WW's speed will be a problem. Jane can OOC spam Mjolnir (but she only does that on multiple enemies and not a single one).

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
WW's speed will be a problem. Jane can OOC spam Mjolnir (but she only does that on multiple enemies and not a single one).
Uhhh... She does that on the regs.. Single or multiple enemies, she does hammer blitzes like half the time.

ShadowFyre
Lol. That's like one of her go to moves. Enough times to say it's almost guaranteed she would use the hammer in that fashion with an opponent like this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Wonder Woman tried speed-blitzing Jane, Mjolnir could in turn speed blitz the f*ck out of Diana. It hits A LOT harder and flies A LOT faster than Wonder Woman. Not to mention Jane with the hammer is just as formidable as a flying brick and can spam lightning blasts like hadoukens.

abhilegend
If Wonder Woman tried speed-blitzing Jane, Mjolnir could in turn speed blitz the f*ck out of Diana. It hits A LOT harder and flies A LOT faster than Wonder Woman. Not to mention Jane with the hammer is just as formidable as a flying brick and can spam lightning blasts like hadoukens.
Seriously? Jane is as formidable as a flying brick?

Diana would carve her up like a turkey if it ever comes to a hammer vs sword fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seriously? Jane is as formidable as a flying brick?

The way Mjolnir flies like this:
https://s14.postimg.cc/emnybizrh/RCO018.jpg

Jane can use to fly/fight similarly:
https://s14.postimg.cc/bfteruxb1/RCO009.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/3n2qzwm71/RCO010.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/bsksy1v0d/RCO011.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/ij1a7id19/RCO012.jpg

Has Wonder Woman EVER been shown flying/fighting like the second scan in aerial combat?

The best part is, Jane specifically said let me steer, so we know it was all her.

abhilegend
The way Mjolnir flies like this:
https://s14.postimg.cc/emnybizrh/RCO018.jpg

Jane can use to fly/fight similarly:
https://s14.postimg.cc/bfteruxb1/RCO009.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/3n2qzwm71/RCO010.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/bsksy1v0d/RCO011.jpg https://s14.postimg.cc/ij1a7id19/RCO012.jpg

Has Wonder Woman EVER been shown flying/fighting like the second scan in aerial combat?

The best part is, Jane specifically said let me steer, so we know it was all her.

You mean like this?

https://imgur.com/a/loK3w

She has fought Hermes, the god of speed himself and stalemated him, moved so fast that Supergirl couldn't even see her move (Kara fought a holding back Flash in a blatant Superspeed fight) etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean like this?

https://imgur.com/a/loK3w

Hahahaha

Jane did intricate and complicated flight maneuvers including a dozen entry/exit points on two opponents. That scene doesn't even require flight.

Next?

She has fought Hermes, the god of speed himself and stalemated him, moved so fast that Supergirl couldn't even see her move (Kara fought a holding back Flash in a blatant Superspeed fight) etc.

laughing out loud

This reads like a Thorbag post. I love it.

Surely Wonder Woman has better aerial combat feats? confused

Actually.....does Wonder Woman have any pure super speed feats in new 52 that equal Jane's brain surgery feat? That's a legitimate question. I recently read her entire run from start to finish and I didn't note any.

abhilegend
Hahahaha

Jane did intricate and complicated flight maneuvers including a dozen entry/exit points on two opponents. That scene doesn't even require flight.

Next?

You mean moving so fast that the sword literally caught fire and started to melt is not as fast as mjolnir because it was written as blurry lines?

That was better though.

Yes, she was able to block point blank omega beans that not even Flash could outrun, fought Supergirl at Superspeed and fought Cheetah at Superspeed.

Do you think just because Jane has one complex speed scene that she is what, kryptoninan level fast?

Hell she has straight up koed reverse Flash.

https://imgur.com/a/gJLuG

You think Jane is going to blitz her? Such a Thorbag.

celeyhyga17
I really don't think speed will be that big of an issue, unless of course we only focus on Wondy's highest speed showings. She'll have the edge on overall speed most def... Fighting skill too.
Jane has her beat on power output. Maybe strength. The hammer makes up for Wondy speed and strength if u think she's stronger.

leonidas
yeah this is really close. speed wouldn't be the deciding factor in almost any fight imo. i don't know who'd win.

and abhi, the way you're bagging on everything marvel these days, you're turning into prep. erm

abhilegend
yeah this is really close. speed wouldn't be the deciding factor in almost any fight imo. i don't know who'd win.

and abhi, the way you're bagging on everything marvel these days, you're turning into prep. erm
I guess you are right. Listening to Rage doesn't helps either. He is one post away from claiming Jane blitzes Superman and Flash at this point.

Not to mention the influx of comicvine posters who think every marvel character is more powerful than DC characters.

leonidas
laughing out loud thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean moving so fast that the sword literally caught fire and started to melt is not as fast as mjolnir because it was written as blurry lines?

That was better though.

Yes, she was able to block point blank omega beans that not even Flash could outrun, fought Supergirl at Superspeed and fought Cheetah at Superspeed.

Do you think just because Jane has one complex speed scene that she is what, kryptoninan level fast?

Hell she has straight up koed reverse Flash.

https://imgur.com/a/gJLuG

You think Jane is going to blitz her? Such a Thorbag.

Hahahaha blurry lines, you really do sound like a Thor bag right now.

Soooo you don't have any actual speed feats right? Because all you've done so far is mention Thor Wonder Woman tagging speedsters here and there, and blocking energy attack. Oh, and swinging Mjolnir sword so fast it caught fire.

That's fine, I love it. I just think the irony is hilarious and I wanted you to run with this so I can quote you in future threads. smile

Wooooow there buddy, when did I ever say such a thing? I never once said Jane would speed blitz Wonder Woman (I said Mjolnir would) but you have yet to post equivalent feats and are resulting to strawmanning. Usually when that happens, it means the evidence is lacking.

I guess you are right. Listening to Rage doesn't helps either. He is one post away from claiming Jane blitzes Superman and Flash at this point.

Not to mention the influx of comicvine posters who think every marvel character is more powerful than DC characters.

So much strawmaning. Why? All I've asked is for you to post feats for Wonder Woman. Sorry, my bad. I'll just take it for fact that Wonder Woman could speed blitz Jane next time H1 makes a post.

abhilegend
Anyway this is 50/50 under Aaron. Gotta have that feminist agenda running.

What have they done to Thor. Where is the viking Thunderer, the mighty God of thunder and lightning and who is this cuckolded, effeminate failure of a God who wilts under any criticism?

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/thorredhulk6.jpg

That's my Thor.

abhilegend
Hahahaha blurry lines, you really do sound like a Thor bag right now.

Uh-huh.

Right, because moving so fast that Supergirl couldn't even see her move is just tagging speedsters.

http://imgur.com/a/MfQwX

Uh-huh.

Right, mjolnir is suddenly Flash and can blitz everyone.

Why didn't I think of that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Uh-huh.

Right, because moving so fast that Supergirl couldn't even see her move is just tagging speedsters.

http://imgur.com/a/MfQwX

Uh-huh.

Right, mjolnir is suddenly Flash and can blitz everyone.

Why didn't I think of that.

Wonder Woman beating a superfast flying brick like Supergirl to a punch = legitimate speed feat? Amazing, I agree more or less, but I'll quote you in the next Thor vs. thread if you don't mind.

Btw, she said "too fast".

Wow, I really had no idea Diana had so little speed feats recently. Tbh, I'm really surprised. I think we've all been taking her speed superiority for granted.

Who is faster abhiligend, Wonder Woman or Mjolnir?

celeyhyga17
I think there's some weight to the scan. Not be all end all, but solid showing. Issue prior Kara was fighting Flash in super speed. Iirc there was a page where they both were performing multiple moves and it all happened in a second. She was able to keep up even though she thought he was possibly faster than Kal and her.

This in turn basically puts Wondy somewhere in that tier.

abhilegend
Wonder Woman beating a superfast flying brick like Supergirl to a punch = legitimate speed feat? Amazing, I agree more or less, but I'll quote you in the next Thor vs. thread if you don't mind.

Btw, she said "too fast".

She didn't even see Diana move.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gzCro6FWsII/VuIy440_GFI/AAAAAAAAFPA/khtRjvb2Kgw4uD8i_ahcXKE1C45dBpPewCCo/s1600-Ic42/RCO011.jpg

You think Jane can do that?

Her book is hardly written that way but she is consistently very fast.

Considering Angela outsped it, Diana without a doubt.

leonidas
where did angela outpace/outspeed it?

abhilegend
where did angela outpace/outspeed it?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4sLb09dPVrk/U-JSShPt8aI/AAAAAAAEZW8/MnCAiChby1w/s1600/-018.jpg

But don't listen to me. I just hate every marvel character.

celeyhyga17
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4sLb09dPVrk/U-JSShPt8aI/AAAAAAAEZW8/MnCAiChby1w/s1600/-018.jpg

But don't listen to me. I just hate every marvel character.

That's a weakened Thor who didn't even want to fight.

Anyways Jane kept up with Angela while they were zipping around ny seemingly invisible. Notice Angela had the head start, but Jane wasn't overwhelmed with her speed.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LI8KwxU_pMU/Wa_Cs152NkI/AAAAAAABX4E/2eHcEHIml8geh-3bTl8GffR_QO9b0C0DQCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0011.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l5LFMYw6bp0/Wa_CuQ94GDI/AAAAAAABX4Q/KgD78lQ4k-wMkpmwV9oPRkAK9gSTc5qxwCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0012.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XyAAz8dVRkA/Wa_Ct-5Q2aI/AAAAAAABX4M/uLBWDX_S4_sX4iHDVpjiUlYlpqyZ0I2QwCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0013.jpg

abhilegend
I guess mjolnir was weakened too.

celeyhyga17
Thor provides the torque for Mjolnir blows my friend.

leonidas
no but it was depicted differently there than with jane....

AND does that mean any time someone dodges the hammer they are faster than it is? i mean the hammer can fly multiples of light as we all know. does that mean angela has ftl reflexes and speed?

h1a8

Using logic, speed will be the deciding factor in most fights if the speed difference is large enough.

For example, If a boxer is moving in slow motion in relation to another boxer then the faster boxer would never get hit while the slower boxer would always get hit.

Just imagine (you are the boxer viewing the other in slow motion).

Rage.Of.Olympus
She didn't even see Diana move.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gzCro6FWsII/VuIy440_GFI/AAAAAAAAFPA/khtRjvb2Kgw4uD8i_ahcXKE1C45dBpPewCCo/s1600-Ic42/RCO011.jpg

You think Jane can do that?

Her book is hardly written that way but she is consistently very fast.

Considering Angela outsped it, Diana without a doubt.

Actually, she dodged Supergirl and wrapped her from behind.

So because her book is written a certain way and lacks speed feats, that means we can just interpret her speed from tagging a few people who do have speed feats? Excellent, excellent.

laughing out loud The amount of dodging you do is impressive. Smart of you though, you REALLY don't want to start comparing speed feats between Diana and Mjolnir.

If you doubt that, we can do a battle zone tonight.

Shitty attempt at lowballing though. Angela claiming she was faster than Mjolnir is irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, Angela has FTL reflexes, but she isn't faster than Mjolnir, she's not even faster than Thor's lightning or Thor himself when he's not holding back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's a weakened Thor who didn't even want to fight.

Anyways Jane kept up with Angela while they were zipping around ny seemingly invisible. Notice Angela had the head start, but Jane wasn't overwhelmed with her speed.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LI8KwxU_pMU/Wa_Cs152NkI/AAAAAAABX4E/2eHcEHIml8geh-3bTl8GffR_QO9b0C0DQCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0011.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l5LFMYw6bp0/Wa_CuQ94GDI/AAAAAAABX4Q/KgD78lQ4k-wMkpmwV9oPRkAK9gSTc5qxwCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0012.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XyAAz8dVRkA/Wa_Ct-5Q2aI/AAAAAAABX4M/uLBWDX_S4_sX4iHDVpjiUlYlpqyZ0I2QwCLcBGAs/s1600/026_0013.jpg

Thor's lightning vs. Angela:
https://s9.postimg.cc/tjd98g557/5303163-5259119-4116681-thor_v_angela_-_original_sin_thor_loki.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/kcuykkzqj/5303164-5259120-4116682-thor_v_angela_-_original_sin_thor_loki.jpg

Unworthy Thor vs. Post-Upgrade Angela:
https://s9.postimg.cc/asbbxp2or/RCO014_1462733260.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/il1zpovt7/RCO015_1462733260.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/weqceqgor/RCO016_1462733260.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/dz5vhcppn/RCO017_w_1462733260.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/vp7k2dvkr/RCO018_1462733260.jpg

For some context as to how fast Angela is, the issue before that, Angela dodged the Disir's first blow easily.

no but it was depicted differently there than with jane....

AND does that mean any time someone dodges the hammer they are faster than it is? i mean the hammer can fly multiples of light as we all know. does that mean angela has ftl reflexes and speed?

Current Angela does have FTL reflexes, but she is not faster than the hammer.

Rage.Of.Olympus

We've made it two pages now, and I have yet to see any speed feats for Diana to compete with Mjolnir. Jane having such an intimate bond with the hammer and flying with it so symbiotically....this becomes an obstacle for Diana.

I understand Wonder Woman historically has the reflex advantage so there is some cognitive dissonance at play, but Aaron clearly considers Thor a lot faster than historically we'd expect him to regularly be.

Zack M
I doubt Jane will blitz Wonder Woman. Diana has the reflex edge, anyway. She was able to tag Cheetah (Who was able to make Flash and Superman look slow).

Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Jane will blitz Wonder Woman. Diana has the reflex edge, anyway. She was able to tag Cheetah (Who was able to make Flash and Superman look slow).

I don't think Jane can, I think Mjolnir could. Not that it matters, I agree that speed is not really relevant in a fight such as this, I just find it funny how lopsided the bar for evidence is set at.

Also, good job mentioning Cheetah. I was mind boggled Abhilgend hadn't brought her up. thumb up

And since Abhilegend loves lowballing like crazy, here is Wonder Woman and her friend (Who is literally crippled atm) vs. some random goons:
https://s9.postimg.cc/ppjsysnnv/RCO006.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/iz3bpd87v/RCO007.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/bvvg9s5d7/RCO008.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/rhcrtpmgb/RCO009.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/6x7xv8tuj/RCO010.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/5i6d6il1n/RCO012.jpg https://s9.postimg.cc/uo7bdcem3/RCO013.jpg

If the positions were reversed, this would be evidence that (1) Thor is weak and slow af for even struggling with Chesire. (2) Slow af because she was being knocked around by a teleporter a human caught. (3) Not very durable because she was in danger of a grenade.

Wonder Woman #30. Wonder Woman #29 is also curious.

I don't think any of those are true because of how limited the fight was and I assume Diana like most heroes holds back significantly, it's just funny watching Abhilgend flip flop.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>