SC Anti-Monitor vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
SC Anti-Monitor vs Rune King Thor

Note: Sinestro Corp War Anti-Monitor.

abhilegend
Anti Monitor stomps.

operator616
This is a pretty close battle. Edge to AM.

Utrigita
AM for the win.

quanchi112
Thor wins. Am failed to kill Sodam. Weak.

Zack M
AM wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
AM wins. How so ?

Galan007
AM endured a galaxy-busting attack at ground zero with very little damage. RKT would have to generate a much more powerful attack to have a shot at destroying him outright.

...Or he could do the whole time-stop thing. That might be a more tidy means to the same end. /shrug

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Anti Monitor stomps. Originally posted by operator616
This is a pretty close battle. Edge to AM. Originally posted by Utrigita
AM for the win. Originally posted by Zack M
AM wins. Originally posted by Galan007
AM endured a galaxy-busting attack at ground zero with very little damage. RKT would have to generate a much more powerful attack to have a shot at destroying him outright.

...Or he could do the whole time-stop thing. That might be a more tidy means to the same end. /shrug
Really?! SC AM was that powerful? I thought Odin would give SC AM a good fight that could go either way. RKT >>> Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007

...Or he could do the whole time-stop thing. That might be a more tidy means to the same end. /shrug Collateral damage. Thor didn't even seem to struggle against skyfather level power. Am wasn't able upon using his own power to easily even deal with someone as weak as Yat. Am only has a few avenues of attack while Thor has more options as well as being far more wise in doing so.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Really?! SC AM was that powerful? I thought Odin would give SC AM a good fight that could go either way. RKT >>> Odin. No, no. I was saying that RKT could do the time-stop... OR deliver a >>> galactic explosion(which are just a few options at his disposal.)

Like you, I also view SCAM around Odin-level. By all implications, RKT was decisively > Odin, imo.

operator616
Originally posted by zopzop
Really?! SC AM was that powerful? I thought Odin would give SC AM a good fight that could go either way. RKT >>> Odin.

Pretty powerful id say. He was tapping into the power of the 52 Earths to destroy the multiverse, he could do the same thing to RKT (tap into the power of the prime universe).

Also, Nekron was using AM's energies as a power source to power the black CPB. That requires some major power.

It also took the guardians (who collectively have been extremely impressive) + Galaxy-busting attack + Prime to finally put AM down.

Id put him above Odin, personally.

Galan007
The implication to me is that AM *needed* to be on mainstream earth in order to affect the multiverse in its entirety, as it is the proverbial linchpin to the multiverse...But that's neither here nor there. It didn't seem to me that AM could tap-into the positive matter of a universe instantly in that arc -- it seemed to take a bit of time, and in that time he could only generate a relatively small wall of anti-matter that progressively expanded the more positive matter it consumed. That could hurt him here, because RKT can do shit like time-stops instantly.

SCAM has great durability feats, but he is sorely lacking in the offensive feats department. I just don't see any real way for him to win, short of blindsiding RKT with pure anti-matter. /shrug

operator616
He tapped into its power instantly and was releasing the AM wave until he got assaulted by the guardians which seemingly broke his concentration. If he would focus this attack on RKT there would be no one else to help him. Also, powering the Black CPB is something worth mentioning. As we know it is the most deadly of the emotional spectrum, John using an infinitesimal portion of it destroyed Mogo in an instant, and it has shown to be able to exert control over even the Spectre. Remember AM was its power source, so he was basically powering all the countless black lantern rings.

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
He tapped into its power instantly and was releasing the AM wave until he got assaulted by the guardians which seemingly broke his concentration. If he would focus this attack on RKT there would be no one else to help him. Also, powering the Black CPB is something worth mentioning. As we know it is the most deadly of the emotional spectrum, John using an infinitesimal portion of it destroyed Mogo in an instant, and it has shown to be able to exert control over even the Spectre. Remember AM was its power source, so he was basically powering all the countless black lantern rings. Once he got situated, AM began tapping the positive matter of the universe, but it's not something he attempted from the onset(that's more of my point, sorry if I was unclear.) Also, RKT definitely possesses the means to break AM's concentration... But what happens when RKT simply stops time? We know it is an ability Thor has access to, because he has already done so at a MUCH weaker level. It also helps that RKT is nigh-omniscient as well. Like I said: AM is sorely lacking in the offensive feats dept.

As for the Black CPB: yeah, it's amazing that AM's power was used for this purpose, but AM himself didn't preform any of those feats, so they don't really matter here. His energies were just used as a means to access the black spectrum.

operator616
But he could do it nevertheless. And Guardians have also the ability to time-stop (They demonstrated it previously, and even Guy Gardner has the ability to time stop as well as Hal so the Guardians could also replicate their feats) yet they couldn't do anything to AM.

They weren't used just to access the black spectrum, Nekron was directly draining AM to feed his black battery.

Galan007
^ C'mon, op. You know full well that the Guardians not attempting to stop time against AM doesn't make him immune to time-stops by default. That isn't how this works, lol.

Aside from that, when have the Guardians stopped time under Johns? Legit don't recall any instances off-hand, but I could be forgetting something.

operator616
^ C'mon, op. You know full well that the Guardians not attempting to stop time against AM doesn't make him immune to time-stops by default. That isn't how this works, lol.

Aside from that, when have the Guardians stopped time under Johns? Legit don't recall any instances off-hand, but I could be forgetting something.

Guardians do have the ability to time stop so if this was a viable option against AM they would have used it. The logic im using is as much of a stretch as your argument is because, 1) You're basing RKT's ability to time stop on an alternate King Thor which is logical but an assumption nonetheless, 2) you're applying a no-limits fallacy since King Thor from the reigning didn't apply the time stop against an AM level being. Yes RKT is more powerful but still we have no way of knowing.

None of the ones i mentioned were under Johns. The guardians' feat was from Englehart's run, but applicable nonetheless.

Galan007
Guardians do have the ability to time stop so if this was a viable option against AM they would have used it. The logic im using is as much of a stretch as your argument is because, 1) You're basing RKT's ability to time stop on an alternate King Thor which is logical but an assumption nonetheless, 2) you're applying a no-limits fallacy since King Thor from the reigning didn't apply the time stop against an AM level being. Yes RKT is more powerful but still we have no way of knowing.

None of the ones i mentioned were under Johns. The guardians' feat was from Englehart's run, but applicable nonetheless. No, I am using an option that is a.) WELL within Thor's powerset, and b.) in-line with the forum rules, wherein characters operate to their best(this holds especially true with the nigh-omniscient type, like RKT.)

You're baselessly assuming that because the Guardians didn't try to stop time against AM, he is immune to temporal manipulation all together. This is illogical on so many levels that it's hard to even entertain the idea. You're better than that. thumb up

And again: when have the Guardians stopped time under Johns? You're acting like it's in character for them to do this against their opponents mid-battle.

abhilegend
You are acting like RKT ever used time stop. King Thor did so and it was an alternate future.

DarkSaint85
So what's the difference?
RKT is KT, but with added power, no?

On top of that, he knows what's the best course of action, right?

abhilegend
RKT never stopped time. So as per Galan's logic, he won't.

King Thor was written under Jurgens. RKT was written by Oeming.

thumb up

krisblaze
RKT was great but these threads are insane.

AM wins.

DarkSaint85

thumb up

What does the writer have to do with it? Honest q.

abhilegend
Because the abilities these characters use are dependent on the writer.

quanchi112
Because the abilities these characters use are dependent on the writer. So every feat now is just restricted to that particular writer making decades of continuity unusable. Oh abhi you just nuked Superman's history if we apply this same hypocritical logic across the board. Awful stuff.

Galan007

thumb up Yeah, because that's my logic right there. dur

operator616
No, I am using an option that is a.) WELL within Thor's powerset, and b.) in-line with the forum rules, wherein characters operate to their best(this holds especially true with the nigh-omniscient type, like RKT.)

You're baselessly assuming that because the Guardians didn't try to stop time against AM, he is immune to temporal manipulation all together. This is illogical on so many levels that it's hard to even entertain the idea. You're better than that. thumb up

And again: when have the Guardians stopped time under Johns? You're acting like it's in character for them to do this against their opponents mid-battle.

You're free to disagree but let's not pretend that your argument is any more logical than mine.

You're also assuming that Thor will use a time stop based on an alternate King Thor, not to mention the fact that you're applying a no limits fallacy. Going by that logic, RKT could also use a time stop against COIE AM because that version of AM also never displayed anything to suggest that he could resist a time stop. Your argument applies only in case Thor applied the time stop against a being as powerful as SCW AM, which he didn't. Until then, your argument is as "baseless" as mine.

And it's not in character for Thor to use a time stop as well. Hell even regular Thor used to be able to time stop in the silver age before his mjolnir was depowered, and he has only ever used it once, so it's not in character for him either. Don't come at me with the omniscience excuse because Ganthet was also stated to have a consciousness that spans the entire cosmos.

abhilegend
Yeah, because that's my logic right there. dur
It isn't? Where did RKT used Time stop?

Galan007
You're free to disagree but let's not pretend that your argument is any more logical than mine.

You're also assuming that Thor will use a time stop based on an alternate King Thor, not to mention the fact that you're applying a no limits fallacy. Going by that logic, RKT could also use a time stop against COIE AM because that version of AM also never displayed anything to suggest that he could resist a time stop. Your argument applies only in case Thor applied the time stop against a being as powerful as SCW AM, which he didn't. Until then, your argument is as "baseless" as mine.

And it's not in character for Thor to use a time stop as well. Hell even regular Thor used to be able to time stop in the silver age before his mjolnir was depowered, and he has only ever used it once, so it's not in character for him either. Don't come at me with the omniscience excuse because Ganthet was also stated to have a consciousness that spans the entire cosmos. No, there is a SHARP difference between our arguments that you're ignoring: the Guardians fought AM in a comic book. Within those confines, characters' powers/abilities are, often times, neutered in accordance with the overall structure of the story, as well as the writer's intent. This is commonly called "CIS" or "WIS" (character/writer induced stupidity.) For example, Johns wasn't going to have the Guardians stop time against AM ftw!!!, because that's not how he wanted AM to be beaten. Simple.

Here on KMC, however, CIS/WIS does not apply. Here on KMC, RKT *would* be free to use the full extent of his abilities -- so would the Guardians, for that matter. And on that note, we both know time-stops are well within the power of the RKT/Odinforce. Not sure why you're all of the sudden feigning ignorance just because the logic disagrees with you this time, but like I said: you're better than that. thumb up

Your rationale, however, is as follows:
"The Guardians have stopped time at *some* point in their decadeS-worth of history. They didn't try to stop time against AM in that comic, so he must be immune to temporal manipulation all together."

...As though characters always use the full extent of their powers every single time they are written in a comic book, and CIS/WIS is never in play. C'mon, you know better. srsly

In summary: there is a HUGE difference between comic book battles, and versus forum battles. I would have thought you'd have realized that by now.

abhilegend
No, there is a SHARP difference between our arguments that you're ignoring: the Guardians fought AM in a comic book. Within those confines, characters' powers/abilities are, often times, neutered in accordance with the overall structure of the story, as well as the writer's intent. This is commonly called "CIS" or "WIS" (character/writer induced stupidity.) For example, Johns wasn't going to have the Guardians stop time against AM ftw!!!, because that's not how he wanted AM to be beaten. Simple.

Here on KMC, however, CIS/WIS does not apply. Here on KMC, RKT *would* be free to use the full extent of his abilities -- so would the Guardians, for that matter. And on that note, we both know time-stops are well within the power of the RKT/Odinforce. Not sure why you're all of the sudden feigning ignorance just because the logic disagrees with you this time, but like I said: you're better than that. thumb up

Your rationale, however, is as follows:
"The Guardians have stopped time at *some* point in their decadeS-worth of history. They didn't try to stop time against AM in that comic, so he must be immune to temporal manipulation all together."

...As though characters always use the full extent of their powers every single time they are written in a comic book, and CIS/WIS is never in play. C'mon, you know better. srsly

In summary: there is a HUGE difference between comic book battles, and versus forum battles. I would have thought you'd have realized that by now. Originally posted by abhilegend
It isn't? Where did RKT used Time stop?

iceman24567
Originally posted by krisblaze
RKT was great but these threads are insane.

AM wins. thumb up

quanchi112
It isn't? Where did RKT used Time stop? So if Owaw doesn't use t-vo does that mean he can't ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.