adult franklin vs mystics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
all fights take place in space, all entities including franklin operate as though in their home realms. how far does he makes it?

1. mephisto
2. odin
3. dormammu
4. cyttorak
5. chthon
6. vishanti
7. shuma
8. zom (classic)

order may be arguable--these mystic demon types are notoriously tough to gauge--so feel free to adjust if you feel it truly warranted. how many of them can franky take down if he's willing to kill to do it?

Galan007
I see him getting to at least #7. He could very well clear, depending on where you think he sits relative to said Mystics.

"Id"
Clears it

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
I see him getting to at least #7. He could very well clear, depending on where you think he sits relative to said Mystics. Originally posted by "Id"
Clears it
No way is he getting past the Vishanti (ONE member of that group was giving Galactus a hard time) or Gorath (his MINION couldn't be put down by a dozen Celestials, TandA, and Galactus). I'll be generous and say he beats everyone up to and including Chthon.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
No way is he getting past the Vishanti (ONE member of that group was giving Galactus a hard time) Galactus himself feared a battle with CHILD Franklin -- to the point that he fled earth ASAP to avoid a conflict with him:
http://i.imgur.com/Tb7lPfL.jpg
...And adult Franklin was a good deal more powerful than his youthful counterpart. So I'm not quite as confident as you are that the Vishanti win just because one of them gave Galactus a 'hard time'. /shrug

Now if you have additional feats to help solidify your stance, I'm all ears. thumb up

zopzop
Galactus himself feared a battle with CHILD Franklin -- to the point that he fled earth ASAP to avoid a conflict with him:
http://i.imgur.com/Tb7lPfL.jpg
...And adult Franklin was a good deal more powerful than his youthful counterpart. So I'm not quite as confident as you are that the Vishanti win just because one of them gave Galactus a 'hard time'. /shrug

Now if you have additional feats to help solidify your stance, I'm all ears. thumb up
Galactus feared a fight with CHILD Franklin, yet went on to do better against a common foe (the Rogue Celestials) than ADULT Franklin did. How does that make sense?

It's Hickman being Hickman.

PS, proof Adult Franklin is more powerful than Child Franklin?

Galan007
Galactus feared a fight with CHILD Franklin, yet went on to do better against a common foe (the Rogue Celestials) than ADULT Franklin did. How does that make sense? Huh?

-Adult Franklin was fighting the 3 remaining Mad Celestials simultaneously, and doing well against them(though he ultimately would have fallen.)
-He then destroyed one of the Celestials.
-He then resurrected Galactus.
-Galactus then destroyed another Celestial.
-Galactus then used a blast to pierce the final Celestial's armor.
-Franklin then flew into the Celestial and detonated -- destroying both of them in the process.
-Galactus then payed back the favor, and resurrected Franklin.

IOW, Franklin's performance against the Mad Celestials in that scene was > Galactus'(Frank killed 2; Galactus killed 1)... Especially when we consider that Franklin was already weakened by the time Galactus entered the fray, given that he was initially fighting the 3 Celestials solo.

PS, proof Adult Franklin is more powerful than Child Franklin? Even if you believe they had the same amount of raw power to pull from, child Franklin was the equivalent of a Jedi Padawan, whereas adult Franklin was akin to a Jedi Master. So either way, adult Franklin would shit-stomp in a fight because he was simply WAY better with his abilities.

However, I do believe adult Franklin WAS more powerful than child Franklin, due to Galactus' own words:
http://i.imgur.com/2lOoTGx.jpg
"I never imagined this is what you could become..."

srug

zopzop
Huh?

-Adult Franklin was fighting the 3 remaining Mad Celestials simultaneously, and doing well against them(though he ultimately would have fallen.)
-He then destroyed one of the Celestials.
-He then resurrected Galactus.
-Galactus then destroyed another Celestial.
-Galactus then used a blast to pierce the final Celestial's armor.
-Franklin then flies into the Celestial and detonates -- destroying both of them in the process.
-Galactus then pays back the favor, and resurrects Franklin.

IOW, Franklin's performance against the Mad Celestials was > Galactus'... Especially when we consider that Franklin was already weakened by the time Galactus entered the fray, given that he was initially fighting the 3 Celestials solo.
You got it exactly backwards.

GALACTUS took on FOUR MCs and KOed/Killed one. They obviously thought they couldn't handle him the way the fight was going and they merged into Voltron Celestial and KOed him.

Adult Franklin entered the fight after the Celestials bloodied themselves against Galactus. He couldn't even handle 3 (it was stated he would have lost).

If he didn't have the bubble of Child Franklin's power to rez Galactus he would have been killed.

Galactus > Franklin.

Galan007
^ Um, you're forgetting the fact that Galactus was massively AMPED when he initially confronted the 4 Mad Celestials. I am obviously not referring to his amped showings. srsly

zopzop
^ Um, you're forgetting the fact that Galactus was massively AMPED when he initially confronted the 4 Mad Celestials. srsly
That's not an 'amp'. That's his powerset. He feeds and gets his power from devouring the biosphere of planets. 99% of the time he keeps it at one world (because he wants to), this one time he felt he needed more power and ate 4.

Galactus > Franklin. By a healthy margin too.

Galan007
Seriously, zop. Don't act purposefully obtuse because you hate admitting when you're wrong. It's ridiculous.

Galactus specifically stated that he consumed 4 worlds in preparation for his battle with the Celestials:
http://i.imgur.com/JumSd55.jpg

So no, that ISN'T something he normally does. In fact, that is the only time he's ever been stated to have done so on panel.... And that is certainly NOT his 'average' powerlevel by any stretch of the imagination.

Galactus after devouring 4 planets(ie. hugely amped) > Franklin.
Average Galactus < Franklin.

Those are the *actual* facts. The evidence I posted speaks for itself. thumb up

zopzop
Seriously, zop. Don't act purposefully obtuse because you hate admitting when you're wrong. It's ridiculous.

Galactus specifically stated that he consumed 4 worlds in preparation for his battle with the Celestials:
http://i.imgur.com/JumSd55.jpg

So no, that ISN'T something he normally does. In fact, that is the only time he's ever been stated to have done so on panel.... And that is certainly NOT his 'average' powerlevel by any stretch of the imagination.

Galactus after devouring 4 planets(ie. hugely amped) > Franklin.
Average Galactus < Franklin.

Those are the *actual* facts. thumb up
You're not understanding me. That's not an 'amp'. That's in Galactus' powerset. He CHOOSES not to go around devouring more than one world. He can if he wants to as we saw in that issue. An amp is an outside source of power or a one time thing. That's not the case with Galactus and feasting.

Franklin can't tap into a well of power like Galactus can or he would have before he confronted the MCs.

Galactus > Franklin.

Galan007
Lol, you must just be trolling -- no one is this daft.

If Galactus cognizantly makes himself more powerful than normal in preparation for a battle, then yes, that IS an amp... That is literally the textbook definition of an amp, ffs. laughing out loud

That said, Galactus ONLY becomes more powerful than Franklin IF he amps his power by consuming more worlds than normal prior to the fight. At his average levels, however, Galactus FEARS Franklin -- he explicitly stated as much.

The evidence I have posted is self-explanatory. Simple facts are simple. thumb up

zopzop
Lol, you must just be trolling -- no one is this daft.

If Galactus cognizantly makes himself more powerful than normal in preparation for a battle, then yes, that IS an amp... That is literally the textbook definition of an amp, ffs. laughing out loud

That said, Galactus ONLY becomes more powerful than Franklin IF he amps his power by consuming more worlds than normal prior to the fight. At his average levels, however, Galactus FEARS Franklin -- he explicitly stated as much.

The evidence I have posted is self-explanatory. Simple facts are simple. thumb up
Are you trying to be argumentative? What Galactus did isn't an amp. He PURPOSELY only eats as much as he needs to survive.

ANYTIME HE WANTS TO HE CAN DEVOUR MORE THAN WHAT HE REQUIRES TO LIVE. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

DarkSaint85
And anytime he wants, Superman can sun-dip. That is his powerset - he takes in sunlight and turns it into Kryp powers.

So Sundipping is not an amp. On average, Superman is at OWAW levelsthumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And anytime he wants, Superman can sun-dip. That is his powerset - he takes in sunlight and turns it into Kryp powers.

So Sundipping is not an amp. On average, Superman is at OWAW levelsthumb up
Exactly. Superman doesn't take more than he needs to do his day to day activities. He can take up a notch or two whenever he wants. Can Shazam dial it up to 11 like that? Can Martian Manhunter?

Galan007
Are you trying to be argumentative? What Galactus did isn't an amp. He PURPOSELY only eats as much as he needs to survive.

ANYTIME HE WANTS TO HE CAN DEVOUR MORE THAN WHAT HE REQUIRES TO LIVE. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? CAPS LOCK!!!1!1!11!

Do you realize that what you're referring to is called "amping"? It's literally the textbook definition of the word. Are you seriously this stupid, or are you just f*cking around? laughing out loud

confused

Exactly. Superman doesn't take more than he needs to do his day to day activities. He can take up a notch or two whenever he wants. Can Shazam dial it up to 11 like that? Can Martian Manhunter? And Superman sundipping doesn't constitute an amp in zop's world?

My God. Please stop embarrassing yourself. facepalm

zopzop
CAPS LOCK!!!1!1!11!

Do you realize that what you're referring to is called "amping"? It's literally the textbook definition of the word. Are you seriously this stupid, or are you just f*cking around? laughing out loud
Whatever we're not viewing 'amping' the same way. Amping to me is being enhanced by an outside source of power. Example : Kurse was amped by the Beyonder (it's not something Kurse could do under his own power). Colossunaut is Colossus amped by the power of Cytorrak. Etc...

Sundipping by Superman and Planet devouring by Galactus are within their powersets. They can do it whenever they want, they CHOSE not to. They can increase their power to whatever their upper limit is at any time.

Don Draper
omfg.

Normal galactus- "i'm not powerful enough to fight the mc's as is. i'd better eat four planets to boost my power enough to fight them."

zop- "galactus wasn't amped. that's just what he does."

What in the actual fuk is happening right now? sick

Galan007
No****ingClue.

But at least zop has a nice avy/sig now. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Exactly. Superman doesn't take more than he needs to do his day to day activities. He can take up a notch or two whenever he wants. Can Shazam dial it up to 11 like that? Can Martian Manhunter?

So when threads are about Superman, he automatically is at sundipped levels?

Bit of a diversion, though lol.

WW has all her gear in every match? IM comes out with his Hulkbuster/Thorbuster suit? After all, it's their decision not to take more than what is needed for their daily activities.

There are loads more examples, lol.

Galan007
^And Hulk is always 'teh wurld breakah!!!'

Don't forget that... You'll upset the carvster. thumb up

DarkSaint85
^And Hulk is always 'teh wurld breakah!!!'

Don't forget that... You'll upset the carvster. thumb up

Problem is....they actually believe that.....

MM is a funny example to use, though. All he needs to do is overcome the mental blocks to fire, and Fernus the Burning pops out...

Diesldude
I think what Zop is trying to say is that Galactus consuming 4 planets isn't an amp like using a power gem, or a cube or an outside force to amp his abilities. Consuming planets is what galactus does and that's his source of sustenance. Consuming the 4 planets didn't amp his abilities, it just gave him more energy to work with before he got hungry again.

Good discussion btw.

Galan007
If he increased his power well beyond its normal range by consuming extra planets, it's an amp. Maybe not an amp via an esoteric power source, but an amp nonetheless.

Utrigita
I see him stopping at 6. No rest inbetween. I imagine him simply being worn out by the time he gets there..

"Id"
Gorath (his MINION couldn't be put down by a dozen Celestials, TandA, and Galactus).
we do not know for certain if the Cancerverse is related to Gorath or not. The ritual or play of words by Lord Marvel alludes to it, but that is not concrete evidance.

abhilegend
Its a low showing for Galactus and Celestials. Not the other way around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.