Kylo Ren vs TPM Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Who takes this?

Jmanghan
Kenobi.

Beniboybling
Kylo.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Kylo. Ew.

Beniboybling
Kylo has been confirmed to be one of the most powerful combatants in SW mythos, Kenobi hasn't.

quanchi112
Kylo wins.

Darth Thor
Kylo has been confirmed to be one of the most powerful combatants in SW mythos, Kenobi hasn't.

When was that?

Beniboybling
Kylo Ren has a lifetime of training and practice, is one of the most powerful combatants in the history of Star Wars, and is the leader of the Knights of Ren.

(http://www.starwars.com/news/from-a-certain-point-of-view-who-is-stronger-with-the-force-rey-or-kylo-ren)

quanchi112
I hate this quote arguing. D. Thor will definitely concede because he thinks this is the ultimate say so. Lemming.

Solar Power
Kylo Ren has a lifetime of training and practice, is one of the most powerful combatants in the history of Star Wars, and is the leader of the Knights of Ren.

(http://www.starwars.com/news/from-a-certain-point-of-view-who-is-stronger-with-the-force-rey-or-kylo-ren)

Wasn't that format used for the Hera vs Han discussion? Are the authors credible sources, I mean it's the official website, but does this High School English teacher have the authority to just declare something like that?

Rebel95
I think Kylo's force skills would give him the edge

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Solar Power
Wasn't that format used for the Hera vs Han discussion? Are the authors credible sources, I mean it's the official website, but does this High School English teacher have the authority to just declare something like that? I assume the content is vetted, but even so it merely echoes how his power's been described in other sources.

Rebel95
Yeah Kylo is supposedly a very skilled fighter, despite his poor showing against Rey.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi.

DarthDuelist9
Kylo, he's just better. Oh yeah those starwars.com writers, who wrote the blog, also help write Star Wars Insider so they should have more detailed knowledge then the fans.

Beniboybling
I'd say it holds the same weight as a SW Insider article tbh.

Jmanghan
Kylo has been confirmed to be one of the most powerful combatants in SW mythos, Kenobi hasn't. ...Uh, since when?

Wtf...

And, he kind of is, he's the best defensive duelist in the ENTIRE mythos.

But its TPM Kenobi, so meh.

Beniboybling

Jmanghan
Its just weird to hype him up after he had an awful first showing against Rey and Finn.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
...Uh, since when?

Wtf...

And, he kind of is, he's the best defensive duelist in the ENTIRE mythos.

But its TPM Kenobi, so meh.
watch?v=3_8DUsl1Ea4

Zenwolf
Well as per Canon, there aren't many that have the whole "one of the most powerful combatants" accolade going around, well compared to Legends anyway...so Kylo having it shouldn't be that ridiculous despite his one showing when there were circumstances against it.

Next movie will probably show just how great he stacks up.

Emperordmb
Its just weird to hype him up after he had an awful first showing against Rey and Finn.
Considering AOTC Obi-Wan was rolling around on the floor after being stabbed lightly in the knee and slashed across the bicep, I'd say Kylo continuing to fight but still losing after being shot in the gut by a bowcaster shouldn't be used against him.

|King Joker|
Kylo.

Solar Power
I assume the content is vetted, but even so it merely echoes how his power's been described in other sources.

Ah, so even if it shouldn't be taken at face value, it helps substantiate other sources? That's fair. These pieces seem opinionated, and while they may be vetted for misinformation, I don't think they can be declared as truth without other sources.

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Kylo, he's just better. Oh yeah those starwars.com writers, who wrote the blog, also help write Star Wars Insider so they should have more detailed knowledge then the fans.

Didn't know that. Does add some credence to their responses then, but like I said, I wouldn't take their word as fact.

Kurk
Kylo takes this; what he doesn't have in sabers he has in force

ares834
Happy to see my boy Kylo getting props.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
watch?v=3_8DUsl1Ea4 Can't see the video.

I'm assuming its insulting, though I dunno why.

If you can name a better defensive duelist, I'd love to know of him. smile

Rebel95
Originally posted by ares834
Happy to see my boy Kylo getting props.
thumb up He's underrated

Kurk
Can't see the video.

I'm assuming its insulting, though I dunno why.

If you can name a better defensive duelist, I'd love to know of him. smile
It's the Avatar scene "what the hell have you people been smoking out there"

Geistalt
Kenobi (based on feats).

Ren wins based on the power it was implied he possessed while slaughtering Luke's new order of Jedi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Happy to see my boy Kylo getting props. He isn't your boy. You're a Vader fanboy don't try to jump ship now.

Rebel95
You can like more than one character lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
You can like more than one character lol He isn't jumping onto my first order.

NTJack0
Kenobi rapes.

playa1258
Kenobi based on feats.

The Ellimist

Pretty sure the TPM novelization said he was one of the best duelists in the Order, which was near its prime.

GM Yoda
Kenobi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Kenobi based on feats. Such as ?

Darth Thor

Not an official statement, but that's cool, because if we include those kind then we can also use those top 10 lists for information, in which case there's yet another source saying Yoda took everything Palpatine threw at him, and more confirmation of him as the most powerful Jedi smile

cs_zoltan

Lel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not an official statement, but that's cool, because if we include those kind then we can also use those top 10 lists for information, in which case there's yet another source saying Yoda took everything Palpatine threw at him, and more confirmation of him as the most powerful Jedi smile You debate based off these statements all the time. Quit being biased. People are sick of your antics.

DarthDuelist9
Even if you want to go purely on feats, Kylo blocking Rey's lightsaber strike while extremely hindered is leagues above anything TPM Kenobi has ever done.

The Ellimist
Force speed?

Jmanghan
Even if you want to go purely on feats, Kylo blocking Rey's lightsaber strike while extremely hindered is leagues above anything TPM Kenobi has ever done. Not above fighting evenly with TPM Maul, no.

Darth Thor
Even if you want to go purely on feats, Kylo blocking Rey's lightsaber strike while extremely hindered is leagues above anything TPM Kenobi has ever done.

LOL What?

What's so amazing about Rey's Lightsaber strike? She has zero training (as fasr as we know).

Tondemonai
Kenobi would stomp a saber engagement, but Ren has the Force advantage, so it depends if Kylo abuses his TK and Stasis. Otherwise, Obi-Wan easily.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
LOL What?

What's so amazing about Rey's Lightsaber strike? She has zero training (as fasr as we know).

Because he did it by putting up a Force Barrier, considering the fact that lightsaber blades can easily cut through the hull of capital ships and tank Lightning (e.g. Dooku's lightning in AotC), it's quite impressive.

DarthDuelist9
Not above fighting evenly with TPM Maul, no.

Kenobi was outmatched in TPM...

Ziggystardust
Kylo gets spanked

Darth Thor
Because he did it by putting up a Force Barrier,

Is that in the novel?

UCanShootMyNova
Yep.

DarthDuelist9
Yes both in the novel and the junior novel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.