Alfred (Gotham) vs Dexter (Dexter)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Pure H2H combat, who wins?

TheLordofMurder
"Darkly Dreaming Dexter" for the win...

tkitna
Alfred beats his ass

Jmanghan
Two different opinions...

TheVaultDweller
Well, I don't watch Gotham, so can't comment on Alfred. But the thing with Dexter is that he uses prep/surprise a lot. Normally, he has a syringe in his opponent's neck before they even know what's going on, so it's hard to gauge just how good his pure H2H is.

If this was the book version, I'd probably give it to him. The "dark passenger" is more like a supernatural force in the books (which actually seems to enhance him to some degree, with regards to stealth, senses etc.), as opposed to basically being just a label for Dex's dark subconscious, like in the show.

Jmanghan
Alfred is able to take on guys that are 3x his size in pure H2H combat, who are also quite skilled.

For reference, a guy who was giving James Gordon trouble without even coming close to going all-out, was only just fighting on par with Alfred. (Who I honestly thought was winning the fight, till he got thrown out a ****ing window.)

TheVaultDweller
Well, then I would go for Alfred. Like I said, the only time Dexter has done similar (that I can specifically recall at least, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong), is when he has prep/the element of surprise.

BruceSkywalker
Alfred beats up Dexter

TheLordofMurder
Dexter wins...

Near the end of season 1, he was able to physically out fight Sargeant James Dokes who was extremely powerful physically and had extensive military training as special ops...

Inaddition, Dexter is much younger than Alfred and in better athletic condition...

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Dexter wins...

Near the end of season 1, he was able to physically out fight Sargeant James Dokes who was extremely powerful physically and had extensive military training as special ops...

Inaddition, Dexter is much younger than Alfred and in better athletic condition... Alfred has better showings, in all honesty, and they only stalemated, IIRC.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Alfred has better showings, in all honesty, and they only stalemated, IIRC.

No stalemate...

When the fight was interrupted, Dexter had the upper hand as he had Dokes by the throat and Dokes was unable to free himself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.